BRN Discussion Ongoing

CHIPS

Regular
I'm not sure why that's surprising..

Peter and his Family, will always be the largest "personal" holders, in my opinion.

Wealth, Is obviously not a driving factor and he has already demonstrated philanthropic tendencies, completely unheard of (as far as I'm aware) from the Founder of a Company, that wasn't even profitable yet..

Something the absolute pricks at SimplyWallSt, promoted as a negative with "Company director selling shares"..

I wouldn't be surprised, if he set up some kind of Foundation, for the benefit of humanity, with his portfolio as backing, some Time in the Future.

Because I expected Peter to hold most stocks.

Reactions: 1 users

CHIPS

Regular
Are you sure? Is it 100% Brainchip? I don't think so!
Yes, would be great, absolutely!! But...🤷‍♂️

No, I did not say that. I only meant that it is a 10-year license between those two companies. But if BRN was involved then it could also mean a long-term license for us.

Reactions: 2 users
My question on that point...

Do they generalise the Akida1500 reference SOC as Akida1.0 Gen also, like a catch all given it's not Akida 2.0 Gen.

They only say Akida 1.0 not AKD1000 or 1500.

Reason is, I'm sure I've read previously when looking at NASA, Vorago etc the FD-SOI 22FDX is a well suited process for space, rad hard type use too.

Given this is what Frontgrade and Airbus appear to be about in the ESA project is it 1500 or 1000?

Maybe it is just 1000 as a bench test POC, Dev or similar initially then step up to the 1500?

That's my understanding.

There were the original Engineering Samples, using AKIDA 1.0 IP.
Then there was the small production run, which already had significant improvements.
AKD1500 was then produced, basically being the AKIDA 1.0 IP minus the additional ARM IP in AKD1000 (and in a different foundry process).

At least that's my uninformed opinion.

We don't know, how they are using the IP, just that it's 1.0 (how many nodes, co-processer type etc).

@Diogenese 🤔..

Reactions: 5 users
  • Haha

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Maybe we will never get another price sensitive announce through the normal channels and only via a quarterly. So that gives me and @DingoBorat another 3 months to buy some more

View attachment 68549
One of you boys is gonna wind up with so many shares, the rest of us will call you Fat Bastard!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
One of you boys is gonna wind up with so many shares, the rest of us will call you Fat Bastard!

100(3).gif

And then I'm gonna get me them back hair implants! 😊

100(2).gif

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
That's my understanding.

There were the original Engineering Samples, using AKIDA 1.0 IP.
Then there was the small production run, which already had significant improvements.
AKD1500 was then produced, basically being the AKIDA 1.0 IP minus the additional ARM IP in AKD1000 (and in a different foundry process).

At least that's my uninformed opinion.

We don't know, how they are using the IP, just that it's 1.0 (how many nodes, co-processer type etc).

@Diogenese 🤔..
Yep. 1500 is the stripped down BRN IP, without the ARM Cortex, but I assume with the non-BRN standard interface comms.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I've been thinking a lot lately about Anotnio's comment at the AGM when he stated "You may have one of the licencees’ in our pipeline may come to us and take a 5 year subscription licence, they’re that big. Thats only one licence. But if they take a 5 year architectural licence to what we’re developing that will make us profitable overnight. "

Does anyone think that Antonio was just generalising about what might happen in an industry-wide sense or do you think he may have been referring to the BOD having been involved in conversations with an actual potential customer about obtaining a 5 year licence?

Also, just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on why a company would choose to buy a 5 year licence before we have had a chance to really establish ourselves? Is there some benefit (i.e discount, perk, etc.) that would come from a 5 year licence and how would any risks be mitigated if BRN were not to make it through another 5 years?

I suppose we could just ask for confirmation of whether discussions have taken place with specific customers about a 5 year architectural licence. Presumably this wouldn't breach any NDA's.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

FJ-215

Regular
SPP announced 25 July, close 15 Aug.

Report says Frontgrade Airbus deal signed in Aug.

IMO, it's quite understandable it wasn't announced prior to SPP close given it may have only been formalised after that date.

Also, it says Aug, so who is to say it wasn't only just literally signed and combined with the Half Yearly rather than a standalone Ann.

Would I have liked a separate Ann, yep, as would be more visual to wider .arket however, the issue of ongoing revenue calcs (or guesstimates) required by the ASX make it an essentially difficult grey area, so Half Yearly inclusion would not be deemed a fluffy or ramping Ann imo.
Hi FMF,

We announced today that the deal was signed off in August, although what the exact day was, we will probably never know. But; we do know that BRN took to X (twitter) back in mid July to spread the news of the agreement between the parties. If only the BoM would use the ASX platform to keep the local market informed of developements rather overseas news wires maybe, just maybe, we could raise money without diluting the hell out of existing shareholders.

While I'm on SP, it's not just us holders hurting here. Our staff are being partly paid in shares. For them, every time the SP drops, they are getting a pay cut.

Is Antonio telling them to suck it up as well?

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Wags

Regular
I've been thinking a lot lately about Anotnio's comment at the AGM when he stated "You may have one of the licencees’ in our pipeline may come to us and take a 5 year subscription licence, they’re that big. Thats only one licence. But if they take a 5 year architectural licence to what we’re developing that will make us profitable overnight. "

Does anyone think that Antonio was just generalising about what might happen in an industry-wide sense or do you think he may have been referring to the BOD having been involved in conversations with an actual potential customer about obtaining a 5 year licence?

Also, just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on why a company would choose to buy a 5 year licence before we have had a chance to really establish ourselves? Is there some benefit (i.e discount, perk, etc.) that would come from a 5 year licence and how would any risks be mitigated if BRN were not to make it through another 5 years?

I suppose we could just ask for confirmation of whether discussions have taken place with specific customers about a 5 year architectural licence. Presumably this wouldn't breach any NDA's.
Hi Bravo,
Didn't he also say, (Paraphrasing), that they were meeting C level management of the biggest tech companies of the world?, or was that Sean?
I actually don't know what "C level" management means, but assuming very high in the hierarchy.

Reactions: 5 users
Hi FMF,

We announced today that the deal was signed off in August, although what the exact day was, we will probably never know. But; we do know that BRN took to X (twitter) back in mid July to spread the news of the agreement between the parties. If only the BoM would use the ASX platform to keep the local market informed of developements rather overseas news wires maybe, just maybe, we could raise money without diluting the hell out of existing shareholders.

While I'm on SP, it's not just us holders hurting here. Our staff are being partly paid in shares. For them, every time the SP drops, they are getting a pay cut.

Is Antonio telling them to suck it up as well?
Makes sense and agree with where you're coming from.

However, the core issue seems to stem from the ASX interpretation of their own rules where if you make a material Ann you better damn well have some revenue figures or additional info to back it up or you're just ramping.

Maybe BRN has taken an extreme gun shy approach to it and/or it fits for them and/or clients/partners not having to reveal too much or retract (which is more damaging).

Excerpts.

"If ASX suspects a ‘ramping announcement’ has been made, it will carefully consider whether to suspend trading and issue a query letter to the entity seeking further information about the announcement."

"Ramping announcements’ can also take the form of an announcement that an entity has entered into what appears to be a material contract but with very limited information disclosed to actually assess the materiality of the contract and its impact on the price or value of the entity’s securities. This has been a particular area of focus for ASX."

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

FJ-215

Regular

However, the core issue seems to stem from the ASX interpretation of their own rules where if you make a material Ann you better damn well have some revenue figures or additional info to back it up or you're just ramping.

Maybe BRN has taken an extreme gun shy approach to it and/or it fits for them and/or clients/partners not having to reveal too much or retract (which is more damaging).

Excerpts.

"If ASX suspects a ‘ramping announcement’ has been made, it will carefully consider whether to suspend trading and issue a query letter to the entity seeking further information about the announcement."

"Ramping announcements’ can also take the form of an announcement that an entity has entered into what appears to be a material contract but with very limited information disclosed to actually assess the materiality of the contract and its impact on the price or value of the entity’s securities. This has been a particular area of focus for ASX."
We don't need to provide a market sensitive announcement to keep the market up to date. Even this one is half buried in the report. Notice the headline is for "Engagement with Frontgrade-Geisler" Oh, and, um, some other company beginning with the letter A (or should I put that in lower case "a" just in case)

There is something really wrong with the way the company handles news flow and it's costing all of us.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Guzzi62

Regular
Hi Bravo,
Didn't he also say, (Paraphrasing), that they were meeting C level management of the biggest tech companies of the world?, or was that Sean?
I actually don't know what "C level" management means, but assuming very high in the hierarchy.
C-level executives, or “chief” executives, hold the highest strategic roles within a company. These roles include the CEO (Chief Executive Officer), COO (Chief Operating Officer), CFO (Chief Financial Officer), and others. They are responsible for overseeing major company decisions, operations, and overall direction.

Yes something like that was said, I remember.

Nividia, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon and a few more are under that category.

If that true and Sean been in contact with the top brass of some of those companies then they are really interested. Those C-suite guys don't waste their time on low hanging fruit but only go for the most promising and interesting technology being highlighted from their own development departments.

I don't worry too much about lack of any announcements from the latest 2 contracts, it's not IP deals and small money.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Excerpts.

Thanks FMF. The company cops a lot of flack about announcements, or lack thereof, but the main game is Nasdaq, and we already have a hockey stick shaped blot on our copybook.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

FJ-215

Regular
C-level executives, or “chief” executives, hold the highest strategic roles within a company. These roles include the CEO (Chief Executive Officer), COO (Chief Operating Officer), CFO (Chief Financial Officer), and others. They are responsible for overseeing major company decisions, operations, and overall direction.

Yes something like that was said, I remember.

Nividia, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon and a few more are under that category.

If that true and Sean been in contact with the top brass of some of those companies then they are really interested. Those C-suite guys don't waste their time on low hanging fruit but only go for the most promising and interesting technology being highlighted from their own development departments.

I don't worry too much about lack of any announcements from the latest 2 contracts, it's not IP deals and small money.
I'm sorry everyone, I couldn't resist......

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
We don't need to provide a market sensitive announcement to keep the market up to date. Even this one is half buried in the report. Notice the headline is for "Engagement with Frontgrade-Geisler" Oh, and, um, some other company beginning with the letter A (or should I put that in lower case "a" just in case)

There is something really wrong with the way the company handles news flow and it's costing all of us.
Couple of other pertinent excerpts that might cover it off, even as non sensitive.

As the name suggests, a ‘ramping announcement’ is made with a view to ‘ramping up’ the price of securities and can take a variety of forms. Examples include announcements that contain no new material information or substance but are issued under the guise of ‘business updates’ or on the back of strong market sentiment in a sector. A quick series of announcements intended to pique investor interest but which aren’t particularly material can also be ‘ramping announcements’.

ASX has previously observed instances of ‘ramping announcements’ being made just prior to or after a capital raising, presumably with the intent of boosting the raising price or the post raise trading price or following the appointment of advisors where they are remunerated in securities.

Reactions: 3 users

manny100

Regular
There is obviously no NDA with Airbus or Frontgrade. The engagements spoken about at the AGM were NDA'd so they cannot even be spoken of now.
Waiting for a deal to drop has been like watching paint dry. If we have organisations like Frontgrade and Airbus on board it will surely attract others.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Kachoo

Regular
View attachment 68541

Hi Rob.
I'm guessing the Company is using that last line as a reason not to have done a formal announcement?

"Due to the nature, timing and risk associated with these projects, it is not possible for the Company to estimate future royalty revenues associated with these agreements."

I'm not saying I agree or am in favour of this rationale but think it perhaps consistent with the previous Company line in regard to these matters.
But I think it should be announce its revenue right IP deal or licence for 200K that's a deal. One should inquire why this is not announced.

The back statement well.thats about royalty revenue.

Yeah they suck!

FJ-215

Regular
Thanks FMF. The company cops a lot of flack about announcements, or lack thereof, but the main game is Nasdaq, and we already have a hockey stick shaped blot on our copybook.
Hi Dio,

So, if our goal is to make it on to the Nasdaq, and we are forever pumping news into the American newswires but not the ASX because that news is seen as fake news on our shores. Um, how does that help our case for inclusion on the Nasdaq.

If we make it on to the Nasdaq, do we treat them the same as we did the ASX and only post news on Australian news feeds?

Anyway, If you are still reading my ramblings,

A serious question..........

Can Airbus use TENNs with the Akida gen 1?

Is there any reason why the algo can't be tuned to run on AKD 1 or 1.5?

Reactions: 1 users

manny100

Regular
AKIDA is highly suited to defense application:
  1. Threat Detection and Classification:
    • Akida-powered devices can analyze sensor data (such as radar, sonar, or imagery) in real time.
    • Detecting threats (e.g., enemy vehicles, aircraft, or vessels) and classifying them accurately.
    • Enhancing situational awareness for defense personnel.
  2. Autonomous Systems:
    • Akida enables edge AI decision-making for autonomous vehicles (drones, ground robots, etc.).
    • These systems can navigate, avoid obstacles, and adapt to changing environments.
    • Critical for reconnaissance, surveillance, and logistics.
  3. Cybersecurity:
    • Akida’s event-based processing can detect anomalies in network traffic.
    • Protecting communication channels and identifying potential cyber threats.
    • Enhancing the security of tactical networks.
  4. Health Monitoring and Predictive Maintenance:
    • Deploying Akida-powered sensors for monitoring equipment health.
    • Predicting maintenance needs, reducing downtime, and ensuring mission readiness.
  5. Edge Analytics for Intelligence Gathering:
    • Akida devices process intelligence data (e.g., signals, images, or text) at the edge.
    • Extracting relevant information without relying on centralized servers.
    • Supporting field operatives and analysts.
  6. Energy-Efficient AI in Harsh Environments:
    • Akida’s low power consumption suits remote or battery-operated devices.
    • Operating reliably in extreme temperatures, high altitudes, or challenging conditions.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
Top Bottom