BRN Discussion Ongoing

IMG_2392.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users
Appears some researchers at Kyoto University been playing with Akida and presenting a paper at an upcoming symposium.

Haven't had the time to do a deep dive to try find the paper. None of the title links revealed anything, maybe as not presented yet?

Screenshot_2024-08-03-12-38-12-09_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
Screenshot_2024-08-03-12-38-38-46_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users
If I remember well, if you take the offer and buy the shares, you have to hold minimum 1 year. So, one year of possible Healy grow with less shorts. 🤔?
Lending, is not selling, 7..
You should know that..

Reactions: 3 users

7für7

Regular
Reactions: 1 users
Can't wait to see if the SPP offered to us small retail SH will be exhausted. It would be a great sign if it does.
Would also be good to know Sean's movements to get an idea who is he engaging with.
They nearly had my $10k and I’m guessing you’re awaiting to attack the company? As the only person @diagnose or should I say an employee of BrainChip who might have been happy to purchase at that price for the good of the company, so I’d be surprised if they do. Maybe the company could sell them to the shorters if they don’t manage to sell them.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I don't think the retail shareholder CR will fail, as it's only 3 million dollars AUD.

Multiple shorter accounts, will happily soak them up, to lock in bets that are in the money, as genuine selling, is not in large volumes.

The main 20 million AUD CR is fully underwritten by Capital, meaning it's guaranteed in the bag.

The 2 million AUD from LDA sale of shares, is also fully underwritten.

All before costs.
Are shorters shareholders?

What I mean is, shorters borrow shares, so they have some sort of "lease" agreement with the lender, but the lender is the owner.

So shorters would not be eligible for the SPP, unless they were shorting stocks which they owned separately - still nothing would surprise ...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
With the share prices where they are, the next thing we know is that the CR will fail as potential shareholders would rather buy on exchange at 18c (and falling) as opposed to a direct issue at 19.3c. Existing SOI and new shares are pari-passu. Unless we already have a cornerstone investor for the CR (not likely given the wording of the ASX releases), or the share prices spike, this is bound to happen.

Worst case scenario that will leave us with barely 4Q of runway and then contracts will not be signed due to inadequate capitalisation, corporate "white knight" enters and scoops up our tech for a steal.

I'm sorry but management really needs to be disinfected from the top... and pronto.
Only actual shareholders are invited to the SPP party.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Are shorters shareholders?

What I mean is, shorters borrow shares, so they have some sort of "lease" agreement with the lender, but the lender is the owner.

So shorters would not be eligible for the SPP, unless they were shorting stocks which they owned separately - still nothing would surprise ...
Record date for "shareholder" participation, was 7pm on the 24 of July.
They would have just had to have bought the minimum trade required and Bingo.

"Hey I'm now a shareholder in BRN and can participate in the SSP!"

Unless they had no prior knowledge of the CR, before the halt, which was on the 23rd of July (SPP offer date 25th of July).

Chinese walls don't whisper?...

• Fire
  • Love

FJ-215

Regular
Record date for "shareholder" participation, was 7pm on the 24 of July.
They would have just had to have bought the minimum trade required and Bingo.

"Hey I'm now a shareholder in BRN and can participate in the SSP!"

Unless they had no prior knowledge of the CR, before the halt, which was on the 23rd of July (SPP offer date 25th of July).

Chinese walls don't whisper?...
What if you and I worked for 'separate' fund managers, both holding 25M shares each. We both get a call from UCPS after BRN's AGM in May enquiring if we have any interest in the upcoming CR. Share price around 25cents to be discounted to 19cents. We then do a deal, you borrow my 25M, I borrow yours and now there are 50M shares shorted in BRN. We both take up shares in the placement from UCPS and return the borrowed shares to each other.

We would now have 50M shares each and the shorts would be cancelled out without showing in the daily totals because the acquired shares came through the placement. (Wrong)

Edit

Oopps

We would still have 25M shares each and the shorts would be cancelled out without showing in the daily totals because the acquired shares came through the placement.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Jimmy17

Regular
The question is what some small investors are thinking when they puff themselves up in an anonymous forum and demand the resignation of a CEO of a company where they are simply hoping to get rich through the efforts of others (employees) or, depending on how much they have invested, to make some profit. Don't they realize they are overestimating themselves? That it is just ridiculous? There are investors who have invested multiples of what they have and are more relaxed... probably because they haven't put everything on one horse. I don't know how many times I've mentioned it... but because of such annoying small investors, publicly traded companies often like to use tactics to get rid of them through reverse splits... the sad part is that the patient ones get affected too... just hold still or sell if something doesn't suit you... everything else is unnecessary and annoying. If someone think he have the knowledge to change something, feel free to apply as an CEO at brainchip… otherwise STFU
Weather you hold a little or a lot, if you've held for over 2 to 3 years, you're entitled to feel pissed off. BRN management have made several public statements over that timeframe indicating that revenue is imminent. Most recently, Sean stated that the company is on the cusp of significant revenue streams. There's a pattern of building up hopeful shareholders and not delivering. You shouldn't be moderating those who feel legitimately pissed off with repeated delays in meaningful revenue. The opportunity cost for long term holders with funds locked in, collectively, is enormous.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

7für7

Regular
Weather you hold a little or a lot, if you've held for over 2 to 3 years, you're entitled to feel pissed off. BRN management have made several public statements over that timeframe indicating that revenue is imminent. Most recently, Sean stated that the company is on the cusp of significant revenue streams. There's a pattern of building up hopeful shareholders and not delivering. You shouldn't be moderating those who feel legitimately pissed off with repeated delays in meaningful revenue. The opportunity cost for long term holders with funds locked in, collectively, is enormous.
I don’t have problems with people who are disappointed because they thought they would see significant revenue this year. However, if you follow the AI edge segment, you will find many reports predicting significant developments from 2025 onwards. What I have an issue with are the people who come here and make nonsensical statements like “Sean should be fired,” or “he shouldn’t get any more shares,” or “fire him and her and him.”

I've said it often: we cannot change anything here. So why don't you go to the BrainChip headquarters, phone them, or write an email directly? I’ll tell you why not: because these are the type of guys who watch a football match and complain about the players on the field while they sit on the couch, drinking beer, unable to move because of their weight. Best examples are from crapper T&J tball the dean etc …

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
I don’t have problems with people who are disappointed because they thought they would see significant revenue this year. However, if you follow the AI edge segment, you will find many reports predicting significant developments from 2025 onwards. What I have an issue with are the people who come here and make nonsensical statements like “Sean should be fired,” or “he shouldn’t get any more shares,” or “fire him and her and him.”

I've said it often: we cannot change anything here. So why don't you go to the BrainChip headquarters, phone them, or write an email directly? I’ll tell you why not: because these are the type of guys who watch a football match and complain about the players on the field while they sit on the couch, drinking beer, unable to move because of their weight. Best examples are from crapper T&J tball the dean etc …
Be careful I just got a warning for my response as it wasn’t in English lol

IMG_0830.png

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Thinking
I think this is in English

1722680440358.gif

• Haha

DK6161

Regular
Can't help to think (and now finally realise) that we are invested in the VERY early phase of the technology and it's potential.
The information provided in the accompanying SPP document clearly highlights that the money raised is intended for further (research and) development.
Nothing suggests that it would be spent on anything else.
Customers seem to be hesitant on signing deals because overall, the tech is at its early infancy and I assume some are looking at all options (not just Akida).
So what needs to be done then??

If the company is continuing carrying out its business as is, then I am not holding my breath for any significant revenue this year or next.

• Haha
  • Sad
  • Fire

manny100

Regular
I received an email from BRN some time ago which was very encouraging concerning our future. I will quote part of the email below. The part i quote is not sensitive as the sender he keeps repeating the message.
If any posters have received the same words of encouragement please let the forum know. I bet there are plenty as that is what repeatedly infers.
"As I’ve repeatedly said, its not a matter of if we’re successful, it’s a matter of when.
I hope it won’t be too long before we can demonstrate that success.
In the meantime, thank you for your patience and your message of support."

My bold.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

DK6161

Regular

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
  • Fire
  • Haha

KMuzza

Mad Scientist
Hi there Chippers-
There has been a lot of talk about SAMSUNG of late - well just maybe a bit of BRN - IP - in this - yes Samsung has the new EQ8 AI Gen # Processor - and it has been mentioned before on this forum - no dot joining as "Sony patents" do not as yet show up- as to early-!!!!!
But who is doing - " EDGE AI - powered processor uses neural Networks to learn "

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
Top Bottom