BRN Discussion Ongoing

overpup

Regular
I am really starting to doubt the words of our CEO Sean

Will we ever see a deal done under his leadership, has he told us the truth or is it all smoke and mirrors.

I really hope not, I have been so positive for such a long time annoyed everyone I know about this great little Aussie company and the amazing technology they have but some days I get very down on my beliefs, just waiting for some one to say something positive about an announcement on the ASX

Just something Sean
Come on man do something
Say something
Make it happen
Yeah I feel the same as you - hope as turned to cope and frustration for a lot of people (including me)
This stock is excruciating to hold long term - but thankfully we have folks here that do great research to supplement our own :)
Takes the edge off the mushroom feeling...

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users
Any link with seeing machines? Ignore that they are a customer of Nviso

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

GStocks123

Regular
Very interesting comments made by Dr. VSSN from 1:03:00. Sounds like we’re still a while off until the full SNN capability is unlocked.

On the plus side, he mentions a few times on Akida being 40-50 times more power efficient with improved accuracy and basically the same inference time as SOTA CNN’s.

Video below..

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
Todd viera

Very Funny Laughing GIF

SP is 20 bloody cents...and Anil could potentially cash in anyday now
1720507546518.gif

• Haha

7für7

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Kachoo

Regular
Who thinks take over incoming 🤔

And if so, what is your price for shits and giggles
Well my thought is it needs to be north of 1.59 what the companies says is the value of the IP based on the PITTS report.

Based on reading the report They only highlight Medium term. No long term plans that is pretty much writing on the wall that sale is likely IMO. I hope we launch a few IP deals prior to get a better price. Who knows how this will play out. Many think we will stay independent longer some see a TO.
It's been argued I'm wrong on my thought but with the reduction of Sales and a stronger focus on engineering o er the past year to me its either The product is not ready whichbis unlikely as Sean did state we are in the final stages of decisions. So a TO would need engineers and the brains sales they have their people.

It is what it is either way lth will likely get a payout sooner then they think.

Man I hope we just sign 20 IP deals next week to grow organicly but sure does not look like it IMO.

Reactions: 15 users
First off, congratulations to Anil on his proposed retirement.
I am happy to see the orderly progression of succession and look forward to the announcement of his successor in due course.
Sean is getting to stack BrainChip management and scientific staff with his picks and hopefully this will speed his avowed aim of commercial success for us all.
We each have a use by date and I applaud the renewed vigour that can come from the employment of experienced but youthful and more recently acquired scientific acumen.

Would buy more of BRN and others at these depressed prices if I could.
Was hoping other holdings would have fired by now allowing me a top up here, but it hasn't occurred as I had hoped.

News from around the world mirrors COL misery, housing distress and supply issues that have become much more prevalent since the occurrence of covid and the subsequent Gov't money printing and pump priming of the economies.
Trying to subdue the consequent inflation is forcing restraint on further monetary stimulus putting an ever larger proportion of people under stress.
This results in further strain on infrastructure, particularly health systems which are starting to buckle under the increasing pressure.
Now, a growing proportion of people around the world (without lived experience of its evils) are seeking redemption through a swing to the right, thinking any change must be better than the status quo.☹️
Having been caught surprised by living through another global pandemic and another war in Europe we now face the prospect of another Trump presidency. 🤪
On top of all this we have the uncertainty of the potential repercussions of both the rise of China and rapidly evolving AI.
We are indeed living in interesting times.

I think our market reflects all this uncertainty and turmoil and manipulation by the BEOT is providing a further dampening effect which can only be countered by the revelation of extraordinary positive news.
We have all been waiting now for a very long time.
Bring It, BrainChip.
That's a pretty good summation, of pretty much everything Hopalong 👍

I look at a company like Dronesheild (which I've been watching since 17 cents, due to a chipper mentioning a possible use case) and think "Man! That's the kind of chart I want to see!"

20240709_175934.jpg

But even though, they may continue to build strength upon strength, I can see a rapidly approaching time, where "intelligent" military drones, will make much of what they make, the equivalent of toys, or movie props.

I see investing there "now" as too risky (but I've seen the writing on the wall for them, for a long time and continually been wrong).

I can't "see" that redundancy here, only more prevalent use.

The only things that really concern me, are the possibility of mankind's seemingly willing march into a Global turning event and the double edged sword, that the rise of A.I. can be, to human technological progression.

I mean, we're already running our fingers "across" that ever sharpening edge now.
Best we not carelessly run them the other way..

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Diogenese

Top 20
There are still 3 weeks to the June quarterly and I for one am hoping for some decent income. The Edge Box sold out in the quarter, with cash up front, but we don't know the SCL* equivalent of that yet although 1 Edge box sells for about 100 to 120 SCLs.

Unfortunately no mention of a new signing before 30 June.

Lots of partnerships at various stages of maturity, but none ripe for plucking.

Lots of R&D in getting TeNNs up to the starting line, so let's hope there are lots of KPI options issued. Also I am guessing our software group has been busy on TeNNs simulation software updates for Valeo, MB, ... (Who is the mystery TeNNs taper-outer/manufacturer?)

*soy chai latte - preferred MF currency unit

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Ethinvestor

Regular
Caught up with Sean immediately after the AGM.
His response was the same a before.
It is imminent. Watch the financials.
Not advice
Thx

Ethinvestor

Regular
We don’t know. We were waiting on you to find out. Oh well.
Well i dont know why this is funny but my last recollection it was for sure i just forgot the “when… “ i think it is 2024 or 25 when the EQXX comes out ..
but after some research i found this…

and also this

See this in the bottom?…
Mercedes recently made a number of headline announcements regarding its accelerated transition to electrification. From 2022, it will offer a fully electric model in every segment, and from 2025 every model sold will be offered with a pure-electric model. Also in 2025, Mercedes will launch three bespoke new EV architectures for use across its entire product portfolio: MB.EA for mid-sized and large passenger cars, AMG.EA for performance models and Van.EA for commercial vehicles.

• Love
  • Fire

Diogenese

Top 20
Well i dont know why this is funny but my last recollection it was for sure i just forgot the “when… “ i think it is 2024 or 25 when the EQXX comes out ..
but after some research i found this…

and also this

See this in the bottom?…
Mercedes recently made a number of headline announcements regarding its accelerated transition to electrification. From 2022, it will offer a fully electric model in every segment, and from 2025 every model sold will be offered with a pure-electric model. Also in 2025, Mercedes will launch three bespoke new EV architectures for use across its entire product portfolio: MB.EA for mid-sized and large passenger cars, AMG.EA for performance models and Van.EA for commercial vehicles.
The world has moved on from 3 or 4 years ago - MB is scrapping the EQ nomenclature.

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

schuey

Regular
Does anyone know if Sean Heir has been involved in the past with any type of company takeover........

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
PUBLISHED IN:TECHNOLOGY

How Edge Technology is Revolutionizing Telecom Infrastructure Solutions​

AuthorHenri Nyakarundi
Published on:July 8, 2024
In a world where speed and connectivity rule, telecom infrastructure lies at the core of our digital existence. The evolution of technology has led to the rise of cutting-edge solutions in this field. One such innovation making waves is edge technology, transforming the way we think about telecom infrastructure solutions.
Low angle of high business towers with glass mirrored windows located in megalopolis downtown against blue sky

The Evolution of Telecom Infrastructure​

Telecommunications have undergone a remarkable evolution over the years, shaping the way we communicate and connect globally. From traditional landlines to mobile networks, the demand for faster, more reliable services has been a constant driving force in the telecom industry. As technology advances, the need for resilient and adaptable infrastructure becomes increasingly vital to support the growing demands of a digitally interconnected world.
The transition from centralized data centers to distributed edge computing has been a game-changer in telecom infrastructure. By bringing computing resources closer to the end-users, edge technology reduces latency and improves responsiveness, delivering a seamless experience for consumers. This shift not only enhances network performance but also paves the way for innovative services and applications previously thought impossible.
Moreover, the evolution of telecom infrastructure goes hand in hand with the rapid growth of the Internet of Things (IoT) devices. As more devices are interconnected, the demand for low-latency, high-bandwidth networks escalates. Edge technology addresses these challenges by enabling data processing at the edge of the network, optimizing resource utilization and ensuring real-time data insights.
In essence, the evolution of telecom infrastructure is a testament to the industry’s commitment to staying ahead of the curve. By embracing technological advancements like edge computing, telecom providers can deliver faster, more reliable services while meeting the dynamic needs of today’s digital consumers.

Impact of Edge Technology on Telecom​

The impact of edge technology on the telecom sector is nothing short of revolutionary. By decentralizing data processing and storage, edge computing optimizes network performance and enhances user experiences. Telecom operators can now deploy edge servers at key locations to deliver content closer to end-users, reducing latency and improving service quality.
Furthermore, edge technology plays a crucial role in enabling emerging technologies such as 5G networks and autonomous vehicles. The low latency and high bandwidth capabilities of edge computing empower these technologies to operate efficiently and reliably in real-time scenarios, unlocking a world of possibilities for connectivity and automation.
From enhancing video streaming quality to enabling rapid data analysis for smart cities, edge technology’s impact on telecom infrastructure extends far and wide. As the digital landscape evolves, the seamless integration of edge computing will drive innovation, scalability, and agility in telecom services, shaping the way we connect and interact in the digital age.

Enhancing Connectivity and Speed​

The quest for faster connectivity and seamless user experiences has propelled the telecom industry to embrace cutting-edge solutions like edge technology. By reducing the distance data travels and minimizing congestion in the network, edge computing significantly improves the speed and reliability of communication channels.
Edge technology’s ability to process data closer to the source not only accelerates data transmission but also enables real-time decision-making in critical applications. Whether it’s enabling remote healthcare services or facilitating instant communication in autonomous vehicles, the enhanced connectivity brought by edge computing is reshaping the way we interact with technology.
Moreover, the integration of edge technology with telecom infrastructure is unlocking new possibilities for IoT devices and smart technologies. By creating interconnected ecosystems that operate seamlessly and efficiently, edge computing is driving the next wave of digital transformation, where speed, reliability, and security are paramount.

Security Advancements in Telecom Systems​

In an era where cybersecurity threats loom large, telecom systems are under constant pressure to ensure data protection and privacy. Edge technology emerges as a key player in fortifying the security of telecom networks by decentralizing critical functions and implementing stringent security measures at the network edge.
By distributing security protocols closer to end-users, edge computing minimizes the attack surface and enhances threat detection capabilities, safeguarding data against potential breaches and vulnerabilities. This proactive approach to security not only protects sensitive information but also instills confidence in consumers regarding the safety of their digital interactions.
Furthermore, edge technology’s real-time data processing capabilities enable telecom systems to detect and respond to security incidents swiftly, mitigating risks and ensuring uninterrupted service delivery. As cybersecurity threats evolve, the integration of edge computing with telecom infrastructure provides a robust defense mechanism, fortifying the digital ecosystem against emerging threats.
In conclusion, the marriage of edge technology and telecom infrastructure solutions ushers in a new era of connectivity, speed, and security. By harnessing the power of innovation and collaboration, the telecom industry is poised to revolutionize the way we communicate, interact, and experience the digital world.

Embracing the Future with Edge Technology​

As we look to the future, the synergy of edge technology and telecom infrastructure solutions will continue to redefine our digital landscape. The seamless integration of these advancements promises enhanced efficiency, security, and connectivity, ushering in a new era of possibilities. By embracing the power of edge technology, telecom infrastructure is set to soar to new heights, propelling us towards a future where the unimaginable becomes reality.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Frangipani

Regular
Upcoming free webinar on July 31 from 7.30 pm - 8.30 pm Eastern Time (USA & Canada = UTC -04:00), which will be presented by Rochester Institute of Technology’s Cory Merkel, who was quoted in the November 2022 announcement of RIT joining the BrainChip University AI Accelerator Program:

Strong industry collaboration is a hallmark of RIT and plays a critical role in shaping our students’ college experience,” said Dr. Cory Merkel, Assistant Professor of Computer Engineering at RIT.“Working with leading technology companies like BrainChip will allow us to continue our tradition of providing students with training on cutting-edge technologies like neuromorphic hardware that will prepare them for tomorrow’s high-tech industry. We’re pleased to have the opportunity to join BrainChip’s University AI Accelerator Program and look forward to having access to tools and resources that will make our students successful beyond their academic careers.”

WEBINAR: NEUROMORPHIC COMPUTING FOR FUTURE AI SYSTEMS​

#rochester #computing #rit #design #systems #neuromorphic#AI #SWaP #edge #ANN #SNN #memristor#biologically-inspired">Share

Neuromorphic Computing for Future AI Systems
Cory Merkel, Ph.D.
Director, Brain Lab
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Engineering, RIT

Abstract: Artificial intelligence (AI) has become the linchpin in a growing number of products, services, and research programs which are aimed at automating and enhancing the human decision-making process. There is no doubt that AI will play a central role in the future of healthcare, transportation, manufacturing, and defense, among others. However, the rapidly growing size, weight, and power (SWaP) cost of AI algorithms limits their deployment on devices with practical computing and energy constraints (satellites, wearables, wireless sensors). In this talk, I will discuss our lab’s efforts to bridge this gap by closely emulating the structure and function of biological brains, with the ultimate goal of enabling AI in the most SWaP-constrained environments. This research takes a holistic approach, examining the entire AI stack, from devices and circuits to algorithms and applications.

At the lowest level, I will present our research on memristor-based circuits for implementing weighted communication pathways in artificial neural networks (ANNs) and spiking neural networks (SNNs). Memristors reduce the power and latency associated with running ANNs/SNNs on traditional computer architectures by directly emulating both the memory and computation of biological synapses. In addition, memristor plasticity enables on-chip learning and allows ANNs/SNNs to function in the presence of hardware defects and process variations. Moving up the design hierarchy, the talk will highlight ideas for biologically-inspired energy management in neuromorphic systems and efficient ANN/SNN topologies. Finally, the talk will provide an overview of our research related to the trustworthiness and potential security vulnerabilities of AI hardware with ties to human perception and psychology.

Bio: Cory Merkel is an assistant professor with the Department of Computer Engineering, Rochester Institute of Technology. He earned his BS and MS degrees in computer engineering (2011) and a Ph.D. in microsystems engineering (2015) from RIT. From 2016 to 2018, Dr. Merkel was a research electronics engineer with the Information Directorate, Air Force Research Lab. He is currently the director of the Brain Lab, a multidisciplinary research lab aimed at fundamental research to enable the next generation of ultra-efficient and trustworthy AI systems. His current research focuses on mapping of AI algorithms, primarily artificial and spiking neural networks, to mixed-signal hardware, design of brain-inspired computing systems using emerging technologies, and trustworthy AI hardware. Dr. Merkel’s research has been published in a number of peer-reviewed conferences, journals, and books.

DATE AND TIME​

LOCATION​

HOSTS​

REGISTRATION​

• Date: 31 Jul 2024
  • Time: 07:30 PM to 08:30 PM
  • All times are (UTC-04:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
  • Add_To_Calendar_icon
    Add Event to Calendar
    iCal Icon
    iCal
    Google Calendar Icon
    Google Calendar
Webinar: Neuromorphic Computing for Future AI Systems
Dr. Cory Merkel, Department of Computer Engineering, Rochester Institute of Technology
Wednesday, July 31st at 7:30 PM (Eastern)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 854 2165 7675
Passcode: 409352
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kes5jJh3Vw

• Starts 03 July 2024 06:00 PM
  • Ends 31 July 2024 06:00 PM
  • All times are (UTC-04:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
  • No Admission Charge

Agenda​

Wednesday, July 31st, 7:30 PM: Introduction of Dr. Cory Merkel, tonight's speaker.
7:35 PM: Presentation: Neuromorphic Computing for AI Systems
8:20 PM: Questions and Answers
8:30 PM: Webinar end

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Frangipani

Regular
Does anyone know if Sean Heir has been involved in the past with any type of company takeover........

Don’t know about Sean Hehir, but someone else who has been comes to mind:

14F4AC3F-273C-421F-B323-CC02EF525CD8.jpeg

028281A3-7180-42D2-9096-CED378F5EC0A.jpeg

In December 2019, Habana Labs, the Israel-based company that is best known for developing the family of Gaudi AI accelerators for data center training and inference, was acquired by Intel for approximately US$ 2 billion, two months after Steve Thorne - who had previously been with Intel for almost a quarter century in various roles - had become Head of Sales at Habana Labs. The company remains headquartered in Tel Aviv and now operates as an independent Intel company.

8E9BF276-D21C-4DF9-8A08-8104CEC895AC.jpeg

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

7für7

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

7für7