BRN Discussion Ongoing

Ethinvestor

Regular
Guys anybody knows if the mercedes deal is still on and if yes when is it ..next year?

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Guys anybody knows if the mercedes deal is still on and if yes when is it ..next year?

We don’t know. We were waiting on you to find out. Oh well.

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Though we only just started work with them, looking forward to the day we make it onto something like the Evaluation Designs list :)

IMG_20240708_204417.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

DK6161

Regular
Caught up with Sean immediately after the AGM.
His response was the same a before.
It is imminent. Watch the financials.
Not advice

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Frangipani

Regular
#AI instead of #Edge AI for better reach? 🤔

11CBEA53-296C-4309-A358-CE613CE1495E.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users
Caught up with Sean immediately after the AGM.
His response was the same a before.
It is imminent. Watch the financials.
Not advice
1720464918975.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Frangipani

Regular
The Brainchip website does say it supports Linux 6.1..

View attachment 66136

But what about..

"For example, the machine uses passive heat dissipation entirely from heat sinks, which saves power, stability, cost, and silence compared to active electric fans"

I thought they did end up adding a fan, or is that just a vent?

View attachment 66135

I recall an earlier version had 4 holes in a fan shaped arrangement and the first images we saw, of the Edge Box, had no openings at all?..

Hi DingoBorat,

I think I know exactly what you mean by four holes in a fan-shaped arrangement - this is what you are looking for, right?

3B7F29FE-196B-4848-B2D1-3B6D88359FEC.jpeg

Strangely, in all the online shop pictures of the Edge AI Box as well as in those featured on the product brief, that “mysterious” side - which is the one to the left of the LED lights - is always hidden from view:

https://shop.brainchipinc.com/products/akida™-edge-ai-box

D23DFCCA-A9D5-47D6-A3A0-6194CB3C6A92.jpeg

817BBB3F-4682-4531-879C-C12315654102.jpeg

However, if you go to https://brainchip.com/embeddedworld/, you will find two videos about the VVDN Edge AI Box that show a 360 degree view - et voilà!

CCBE8F91-B9AB-4271-8DEE-F013A752A3A8.jpeg

To be honest, I am unsure why our company is seemingly trying to avoid drawing attention to that side. According to the translation of the Chinese article @Fullmoonfever posted yesterday and also according to a Hackster.io article I found (see below), our Edge AI Box has a passive heatsink, which I take to mean it is fanless? Why not flaunt this attribute, then? 🤔

To be fair, though, nowhere do the specifications on the BrainChip website mention “passive heatsink” or “fanless” nor did Todd Vierra resp. Rob Telson use those terms or similar in the above videos, and neither did Nandan Nayampally, when he talked about the Edge AI Box in an interview a few weeks before he left. So maybe that specific piece of information in those two articles is incorrect - possibly a misunderstanding copied by several other writers?
And what looks like a fan is exactly that - a fan?

7FA1D0BA-08B7-4BBB-AF3C-0FF76C9F0386.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

hotty4040

Regular
Hi DingoBorat,

I think I know exactly what you mean by four holes in a fan-shaped arrangement - this is what you are looking for, right?

View attachment 66177

Strangely, in all the online shop pictures of the Edge AI Box as well as in those featured on the product brief, that “mysterious” side - which is the one to the left of the LED lights - is always hidden from view:

View attachment 66178

View attachment 66179

However, if you go to https://brainchip.com/embeddedworld/, you will find two videos about the VVDN Edge AI Box that show a 360 degree view - et voilà!

View attachment 66180

To be honest, I am unsure why our company is seemingly trying to avoid drawing attention to that side. According to the translation of the Chinese article @Fullmoonfever posted yesterday and also according to a Hackster.io article I found (see below), our Edge AI Box has a passive heatsink, which I take to mean it is fanless? Why not flaunt this attribute, then? 🤔

To be fair, though, nowhere do the specifications on the BrainChip website mention “passive heatsink” or “fanless” nor did Todd Vierra resp. Rob Telson use those terms or similar in the above videos, and neither did Nandan Nayampally, when he talked about the Edge AI Box in an interview a few weeks before he left. So maybe that specific piece of information in those two articles is incorrect - possibly a misunderstanding copied by several other writers?

View attachment 66183

I'm somewhat confused, in regard to Edge Boxes.

Do we have the Brainchip " edge box " and the VVDN " edge box " i.e 2 separate functional devices, or are they one and the same device, but with distinctive branding, i.e. Brainchip " akida " Edge Box and VVDN " akida " Edge Box.

Please resolve this dilemma for me. Life at times, "on the edge" is just so hard to understand, 🙄;)

An early response, will improve the start to this day, immeasurably. TIA

Akida Ballista >>>>> Come on BRAINCHIP, just get moving will you - please - soon <<<<<
>>>>> Slowly - Slowly - Catcha the Monkey <<<<<

gltai

hotty...

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
Hi DingoBorat,

View attachment 66177

View attachment 66178

View attachment 66179

View attachment 66180

View attachment 66183

Yes, good work Frangipani 👍
I did try searching the Net for an image (one of my 2 min searches) and came up dry, I figured they must have "scrubbed" it..

I think, it just comes down to "vanity" as it's not an "attractive" angle..

I thought the slated vent, was the "new iteration" but it has both..

In the downloadable product brief, on our website, it does say that the enclosure has a "heat sink" and you would think that "fan cooled" would be mentioned in that section?

20240709_080908.jpg

Nvidia, seems to want to "shout" the fact that their DFI X6-MTH-ORN Edge Box is fanless (I personally question how well they will go with that, the Net seems to be full, of third party cooling solutions, for their Jetson Orin..).

It could just be a fact, of us not selling ourselves, as well as we could, like that Infineon guy noted?..

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Frangipani

Regular
Was just about to go to bed, when I saw this video on YouTube, recorded on July 4th. Quickly scrolled through the slides and screenshotted some, but haven’t listened to the whole Webinar, which was jointly hosted by the Centers for Cybersecurity and AI Research and the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the University of North Dakota College of Engineering and Mines…

Dr. Venkata Sriram Nadendla from Missouri S&T was presenting on
EEG based SNNs for Braking Intent Detection on Neuromorphic Hardware

D4B366A2-912A-44F5-A52F-135A58E964B8.jpeg

0D83455C-9A72-4BA9-B285-0E6E790C2654.jpeg

519584A6-8BF1-425F-A4CF-84CC2907976A.jpeg

0B947FE9-FD0E-4CA2-9AA2-C804A2653EEA.jpeg

86031840-1B97-4611-86BE-510F20CBA04A.jpeg

87D5E9A4-EECF-40C0-88FB-F54324854D1D.jpeg

5C20CBB2-60CC-4AE4-9011-2776E8F96435.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 61 users

Tezza

Regular
Wow, another Ann regarding staff. If it's not staff coming or going, staff selling shares or wanting freebies we get nothing. Sean's interpretation of near future and iminent are way different to mine. I understand it takes time but they have had time and plenty of it.
Dissapointment rant over.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 19 users
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

7für7

Top 20
The man will be retiring in a few months but will remain in an advisory position. The bashers, or rather the basher (since it's only one person with multiple accounts like T&J aka t-ball aka the Dean, etc.), has nothing better to do than to continue spreading his fundamentally negative attitude. 😂 I wish I hadn't unsubscribed there... then they would be on my ignore list and I wouldn't notice! Sorry for posting it here too... but a trouble shared is a trouble halved 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 59 users

7für7

Top 20
I feel like the Founders know that they have completed their mission and happy to retire knowing that all is well and in good hands.
Not long to wait now!
Same thoughts here! Would you stay in an advisor position if you would know they will not succeed ? No of course not…

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
I feel like the Founders know that they have completed their mission and happy to retire knowing that all is well and in good hands.
Not long to wait now!
Agreed BVR... :)

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom