Top 20
IMG_9074.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

DK6161

Regular
I thought you said

I thought you sold out and were going to buy back in when shares get into high teens?
Precisely. Got nothing to bet lol.
Still waiting on the right time to buy back in. At the moment it is still looking grim though

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

DK6161

Regular
Yes, I asked him at a bit before the AGM started this year. There were a few others listening. Another BRN person was also there next to Sean when I asked and they shared a funny story because I asked. My recall is they think Elon is a really nice guy. I didn’t ask timeline when this happened but it sounded like it wasn’t a few years ago. Doesn’t mean anything really but he has meet him. Hope this helps

Edit - based on the story sean shared about Elon musk then it appears he may have meet him after 22 dec 2022. You are going to search on google now. Lol
It may mean nothing from a timeline point of view but Sean and others in BRN did say at the AGM they are talking to some of the biggest companies on the planet. As always I suggest all please DYOR
Yep correct. I also asked him if he met Bill Gates from Microsoft. He also shared a really funny story about playing tennis together with him at P Diddy's house. They all nice guys from what I heard.
Will do some research using Bing and report back.

Not advice.
DYOR

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Wags

Regular
And now you have Nikunj, not only liking but also commenting on Apples news. Could we perhaps be a 2nd tier supplier to apple, ie through openAI? I know it sounds far fetched, but theres no reason our IP can be in the OpenAI product that is being used by Apple. What are your thoughts?

(and yes I have read the Tony Dawe reply, but he is being evasive with his answer, after all Apple did say the AI processing will be done on device)

Nikunj Kotecha
Nikunj KotechaNikunj Kotecha • 2nd • 2nd Data Science and Machine Learning Professional • Ex-Senior Solutions Architect @BrainChip • Ex-Oracle • Neuromorphic AI • EdgeAI Machine Learning • University Lecturer • MS in Computer ScienceData Science and Machine Learning Professional • Ex-Senior Solutions Architect @BrainChip • Ex-Oracle • Neuromorphic AI • EdgeAI Machine Learning • University Lecturer • MS in Computer Science
View my portfolio

11h •
11 hours ago

🚀 Today at WWDC 2024, Apple unveiled its stunning integration of Apple Intelligence. While they may not have been the first to show this integration, they have truly done it in a way only Apple can.

As Tim Cook rightly said during the keynote, “Built in a uniquely Apple way.”

This marks the dawn of a new era of personal intelligence. With AI-powered features deeply embedded into all Apple products, our device interactions are set to be revolutionized.

Here are some standout highlights of Apple Intelligence:

✨ Smart Writing Assistant: Elevating your writing experience by providing proofreading and rewriting enhancements, making your content more impactful and engaging. What's even better is we can add persona to this content.

😁 Genmoji: A fun and creative way to express yourself, unleashing your wildest imaginations through personalized emojis.

🖼️ Image Playground: A creative haven that allows you to edit, enhance, and personalize images, adding a unique touch to your visuals.

✏️ Imagewand: Transform rough sketches into detailed images or generate new ones entirely. As an avid user of Notes on iPad and Mac, this feature will definitely add a new dimension to my note-taking experience.

💬 Siri is now Multimodal: Siri now understands context better and is aware of what's on your screen, providing assistance tailored to your current activity. We are truly seeing Siri redefined.

🔔 Priority Notifications: In a world filled with notification clutter, this feature is a game changer, helping reduce information overload by prioritizing the most important alerts.

🎥 Memory Movie: One of my favorite features on the iPhone now gets an AI boost. I can’t wait to try it and relive my amazing memories in a whole new way.

🤖 ChatGPT Integration: Seamless integration with the most widely used AI tool today.

What truly stands out to me is that most of the above Apple Intelligence’s processing will be done locally on-device, thanks to the advanced Apple silicon. It won't be long before all AI computing tasks are handled locally, eliminating the need for private cloud servers.

#AppleIntelligence #WWDC2024 #AI #Innovation #TechNews #Apple #EdgeAI
Isn't Megachips a supplier to Apple, and aren't at least some of their chips manufactured by TSMC?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Frangipani

Regular
Some of the Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute researchers from Berlin who appear to have used Akida in their research, as evidenced by their recent video titled Neuromorphic Wireless Cognition for Connected Intelligence (encouragingly, there has been no denial in the comment section so far), are currently attending the IEEE International Conference on Communications in Denver, where they are presenting their demo video at the German 6G Research and Innovation Cluster booth.

One of their Fraunhofer HHI colleagues was promoting the demo video on LinkedIn earlier today, while at the same time cozying up to Ericsson at the booth opposite them by praising Ericsson’s Head of Research Magnus Frodigh for addressing their common interest in neuromorphic processing and SNNs for 6G in his keynote speech.

After this virtual wave across the aisle, researchers on both sides will surely find the time to have a little chat even closer up, and in the case of Fraunhofer HHI possibly also with others who may have only become aware of the German 6G research delegation’s booth because of Ericsson and Magnus Frodigh getting mentioned in that LinkedIn post.

4C90CE8F-D42A-42C8-BFA2-0841EB00CE9C.jpeg

5E64DB02-6C50-459F-910F-765DD46F00C0.jpeg

BEBC38CC-E9CA-4EDA-BE2E-17A6059986A6.jpeg

B5BB6F4D-4A46-4B99-A384-0ED7DA5D3E6F.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Isn't Megachips a supplier to Apple, and aren't at least some of their chips manufactured by TSMC?
OnSemi is an APPLE supplier

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

itsol4605

Regular
Is there any information about successors for Nandan and Rob?

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Iseki

Regular
Is there any information about successors for Nandan and Rob?
None passing the first interview stage where they are asked by Sean "Take this pen. The one on the desk here. Now sell me the pen's IP".

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Slade

Top 20
How does that explain the plural in “deployment on neuromorphic chips”, though?

Sure, they could apparently run TENNs without Akida, eg on Intel’s Loihi instead, but why would they even bother when Akida is said to be the best fit for TENNs anyway?

And while we are at it:
How do you explain away the word potential in “positioning for a potential collaboration with Mercedes” in a former BrainChip intern’s CV (referring to the time period June - August 2023)

cf.
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-423654

or Gerrit Ecke (Researcher for Future Automotive Software Development and for Neuromorphic Computing at MB) and Alexander Janisch (R&D Engineer AI and Neuromorphic Computing at MB) both liking a LinkedIn comment by Innatera’s CEO Sumeet Kumar three months ago, who had suggested to Magnus Östberg (Chief Software Officer Mercedes-Benz) that MB should also talk to Innatera regarding neuromorphic computing?

cf.
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-423467

or the fact that Mercedes-Benz CTO Markus Schäfer named both BrainChip and Intel as examples for “leading developers” in his post on neuromorphic computing in January 2023, more than a year after MB had told the whole world they had used Akida for making the EQXX’s ‘Hey Mercedes!” voice control five to ten times more efficient than conventional voice control. (Note the comparison did not relate to a competitor’s neuromorphic solution, but to conventional and hence von Neumann processors).

Closing the NDA curtains again after the January 2022 unveiling of Akida as the ultra-low power solution for their concept car’s voice control system would no longer have given Mercedes-Benz an advantage over rival carmakers, so why the secrecy ever since?

In my eyes, the only logical explanation is that the MB engineers in charge are still weighing their options.
Neuromophic chips = more than one chip. How could that sentence be written using the singular, ‘chip’?It would be stingy to give a PhD student only one chip to work with. You are drawing conclusions based on nothing. Truth is we don’t know what Mercedes have decided but we do know they have had some great success with Akida. Sometimes you just got to be patient and wait, and not post for the sake of posting.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Iseki

Regular

This is what happens when you only sell IP

• Sad
  • Thinking

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Reactions: 6 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Jefwilto

Regular

Attachments

• IMG_3410.png
    IMG_3410.png
    143.1 KB · Views: 144
  • Sad
  • Love
Hmmmm....I know we had advertised for same role but now there is a R Systems Inc involved? Haven't viewed then side by side yet but look pretty similar from memory.

I see the CMSIS and Edge Impulse experience requests too. CMSIS appears a standard attached to ARM for obvious reasons?

Senior Machine Learning Engineer​

• Laguna Hills, CA
  • Posted 10 hours ago | Updated 10 hours ago

Save
Apply now

Dice Match​

Overview

On Site

Depends on Experience

Accepts corp to corp applications
Contract - W2
Contract - 9 Month(s)
Skills
machine learning
C++
SDK
CMSIS
Show 1 more

Job Details​

Position: Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Duration: 6 to 9 Months Contract to Hire
SUMMARY:
  • A principal goal for the Sr. AI/ML Engineering is to bridge core engineering activities into commercialization efforts.
  • This includes technical analyzing and building models, starting with the pipeline, training and deployment to Akida Edge based hardware.
  • This is a hands-on position, working as team member in resolving higher level technical and customer relations issues.
  • This position needs to be able to understand and maintain working, technical knowledge of our client s core technologies in order to provide full top level technical support for client model zoo.
  • The Akida model zoo is targeted to support and solve problems for computer vision (classification, object detection), audio processing (keyword spotting), sensor fusion, and anomaly detection.
  • You must be able to communicate effectively at the engineering level with the internal engineers and management teams as well as external customers, understand their objectives and needs to develop and articulate solutions to address customers requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
  • ENGINEERING Work with Sales and Engineering members, to support customers and help develop technical solutions for Client Akida Neuromorphic IP, NPU System-on-Chip (NSoC) and software that enables full front to back solutions, from training to edge-based deployment.
  • Helps define deliverables, and work in tandem with the customer engagement and engineering teams to produce and deliver workflows, products and services for both Client current and future customers as well as eco-systems partners.
  • Work closely with Product, Sales, Engineering and Advanced Research to optimize efficiency and effectiveness in technology handoff for commercialization and delivery.
  • As a team member gaining fundamental knowledge related to machine learning functions and field deployments of NPU IP and use cases.
  • Be a critical part of the customer engineering team, developing workflows and procedures for implementing models into a process so that customers have an easy well documented process.
  • Working with the other AI/ML and HW/SW team members, to clearly define the hardware and s/w tool roadmap with critical milestones, dependencies to meet milestones that are agreed upon.
  • MARKETING Participate in strategy and execute continuous benchmarking activities to ensure market competitiveness; identify strengths/weaknesses; feedback to organization for improvement.
  • Along with Sales, lead the definition, design, and launch of customer centric evaluation boards and or modules to highlight company value-add and differentiation.
  • Part of the team that performs basic application layer s/w coding, debugging and optimizing process from building models to edge deployment specifically targeted towards edge-based design with serious constraint on power and latency.
  • SALES Train and deploy models based on public and custom datasets to implement a real-life demonstration system to correlate assumptions related to ease of use, performance, and applications.
  • Be the first to back up sales and field technical team sales team of system architects and AI/ML engineers.
  • Handle basic level of application advice.
  • In conjunction with Product Marketing Team, deliver technical content for customer collateral (and consumption) Serve as a catalyst for growth in the marketplace by representing Client at technical conferences and events to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies, and trends impacting the AI Industry.
  • Working knowledge of design processes and methodology; (ie ISO, Automotive Qualification) Ensure all technical documentation is customer- friendly and consumable.
  • GENERAL Develop service level standards focused on response times, issue resolution, service quality, and customer satisfaction.
  • Establish policies and procedures that produce high quality customer support and that reflect industry best practices.
  • Ensure systems are in place and are utilized to capture and report on service metrics, including any customer feedback or trends in product or service issues.
  • Manage resource decision-making, planning, and best practices.
  • Align technical customer support activities and initiatives to support and enhance the objectives of the organization.
  • Take ownership of unresolved technical issues, and bridge with Sales and Engineering teams to solve and/or develop solutions.
  • Manage customer technical relationships as required and work with internal resources to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
  • Communicate orally with customers, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group.
QUALIFICATIONS:
  • To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
  • The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
  • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience:
  • B.S. in Computer Science, or EE; will consider experience in lieu of education.
  • Requires a very high technical acumen and understanding of machine learning and deep learning experience using Python, TensorFlow.
  • Should have hands on experience in being a part of small team and various matrixes from engineering, corporate applications and marketing.
  • Firsthand experience with object classification, object detection, face recognition, keyword spotting a plus and other ML networks and deep understanding.
  • Ideally should come from AI focused company either from engineering development group or an application engineering group for a AI product Fist hand knowledge of SDK like CMSIS, Edge Impulse or other AI/ML deployment platforms for the edge.
  • Experience with Git version control system Experience in CPUs, Tools and methodologies, machine learning, C++ programming PCB design, layout, and bring-up experience a plus.
  • Has been a part of a small tiger team, with strict deliverables and milestones Has been in front line customer support role.
  • Comfortable as a player coach this is a very small team and the member needs to spend 80% doing and 20% contributing to high level objectives.
Other Skills and Abilities:
  • Strong verbal and written communication skills
  • Ability to compose routine reports and correspondence.
  • Ability to effectively communicate with persons of various social, cultural, , and educational backgrounds
  • Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills, and analytical skills
  • Desire to be involved in a diverse and creative work environment.
  • Must be a self-starter with mindset for growth and real passion for continuous learning.
  • Language Skills Ability to read and interpret documents, such as policies and procedures, routine mail, contracts and instruction manuals.
  • Ability to compose routine reports and correspondence
Report this job
  • Dice Id: rsystems
  • Position Id: 8316254
  • Posted 10 hours ago

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 44 users
Top Bottom