BRN Discussion Ongoing

Hasn't stopped some competitors from signing deals and making substantial gains in their share prices............
Competitors with neuromorphic technology, or competitors with legacy technology?

It's a much easier sell, to sell legacy technology, with a new bell or whistle.

Some businesses thrive in uncertain times.
Dronesheild, a company I've followed for a few years, is booming.

Selling a completely new way of doing things, isn't as easy a deal, to push over the line.
Especially when you are competing against bigger, more established players.

At the AGM, it was said that we're getting Top Level meetings, with the largest Tech Companies on the Planet.

So we are being taken seriously.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

toasty

Regular
Competitors with neuromorphic technology, or competitors with legacy technology?

It's a much easier sell, to sell legacy technology, with a new bell or whistle.

Some businesses thrive in uncertain times.
Dronesheild, a company I've followed for a few years, is booming.

Selling a completely new way of doing things, isn't as easy a deal, to push over the line.
Especially when you are competing against bigger, more established players.

At the AGM, it was said that we're getting Top Level meetings, with the largest Tech Companies on the Planet.

So we are being taken seriously.
Being taken seriously doesn't pay the bills............

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Reactions: 14 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Not sure this post has been mention.

Not that Brainchip's Akida is with this. However, the future prospect are there, as Brainchip is partner with Frontgrade Gaisler. (JMHO).

Screenshot_20240611_160422_LinkedIn.jpg

Learning 🪴

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

7für7

Regular
Oh and I forgot to mention something. If you have problems to pay your bills and you have not the money to invest in a company which takes time for revenue, do you a favour and don’t invest in stocks in general. It makes frustrating and on the end you get angry! No financial advice! Just a friendly suggestion

Reactions: 6 users
Not sure this post has been mention.

Not that Brainchip's Akida is with this. However, the future prospect are there, as Brainchip is partner with Frontgrade Gaisler. (JMHO).

View attachment 64642

Learning 🪴
I wonder if Sean, has shared a beverage with Elon Musk? 🤔..

It's an innocent enough question..

Reactions: 7 users

toasty

Regular
I have said a number of times before that "elephant hunting" is a dangerous sport. I have also described my own journey in trying to get BRN to pay attention to a smaller, but potentially very lucrative, opportunity. For those of you who haven't heard the saga I asked BRN for tech support in 2018 for a building management application that I had customers lined up for. Facial and vehicle recognition interfaced with access control systems. After an initial (very small) trial BRN management decided it wasn't worth pursuing and ditched the opportunity.

Putting in place a strategy based around IP seems like a great idea - when you have proof of concept. BRN, nor its much vaunted partner network, have not been able to bring to commercial reality a single AKIDA use case. They had a perfect opportunity 6 years ago but decided that a market consisting of 1000's of buildings across Australasia and the Middle East wasn't worth their trouble. I had at least 10 buildings lined up to implement facial and vehicle recognition systems in the first instance; some of which housed VERY wealthy and influential people who were super keen for their buildings to have BRN's "futuristic technology".

I wonder how many other "proof of concept sales" have been lost in the pursuit of the industry whales???????

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

toasty

Regular
Oh and I forgot to mention something. If you have problems to pay your bills and you have not the money to invest in a company which takes time for revenue, do you a favour and don’t invest in stocks in general. It makes frustrating and on the end you get angry! No financial advice! Just a friendly suggestion
I meant BRN's bills...........

Reactions: 1 users

7für7

Regular
I meant BRN's bills...........
You have to pay BRN bills? Jesus… now I understand your problem! But don’t worry! Time will heal the wounds! 🙂

• Haha

rgupta

Regular
It is very difficult to understand from a layman’s prospective that BRN wasn’t chosen if we are three years ahead of everyone else ?. I am struggling to understand what the problem is as clearly something isn’t right or am I missing something ?.
I assume three years ahead was with akida 1000. Now with TENNs the term used is generations ahead
To me it is just like my son is graduated but cannot find a job. So, Instead of demoting him I ask him to get post graduation. No doubt he will lose some valueable money and experience but he will learn newer things. Market never remain same, if it is clouded now it may sunshine 2morrow.
To me a wise person does not think too much about failure but takes a lesson from the same and try to improve and that is where I assume brainchip is doing.
Yes time is the biggest chellenge and opportunity on the same hand.
Dyor

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

toasty

Regular
You have to pay BRN bills? Jesus… now I understand your problem! But don’t worry! Time will heal the wounds! 🙂
You my friend are an absolute clown........onto ignore you go

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

7für7

Regular
I have said a number of times before that "elephant hunting" is a dangerous sport. I have also described my own journey in trying to get BRN to pay attention to a smaller, but potentially very lucrative, opportunity. For those of you who haven't heard the saga I asked BRN for tech support in 2018 for a building management application that I had customers lined up for. Facial and vehicle recognition interfaced with access control systems. After an initial (very small) trial BRN management decided it wasn't worth pursuing and ditched the opportunity.

Putting in place a strategy based around IP seems like a great idea - when you have proof of concept. BRN, nor its much vaunted partner network, have not been able to bring to commercial reality a single AKIDA use case. They had a perfect opportunity 6 years ago but decided that a market consisting of 1000's of buildings across Australasia and the Middle East wasn't worth their trouble. I had at least 10 buildings lined up to implement facial and vehicle recognition systems in the first instance; some of which housed VERY wealthy and influential people who were super keen for their buildings to have BRN's "futuristic technology".

I wonder how many other "proof of concept sales" have been lost in the pursuit of the industry whales???????
The problem with such statements are that everyone could tell a story just to impress others thinking like “oh wow he made an offer to brainchip and they refused” the question here if it’s true. Can you remember which stage of development we were in back then? We didn’t even lunch officially something. The philosophy of a company is very important and I am sure they had good reasons to refuse. IMO question is who is a clown… someone who tells unreal stories or the guy who don’t believe everything from guys In a anonymous forum… I don’t care if you ignore me my friend you are nothing to me 🤷🏻‍♂️ just a story teller

Last edited:

MrNick

Regular
  • Haha

Can't disagree, that chasing the big fish straight up is more risky, but that's always been BrainChip's way..

In hindsight, maybe they would have made different moves.. 20/20..

The toy market, is a huge segment and somewhere, where really cool toys could have been implemented much sooner.

The Nintendo Switch 2, is a top contender for our tech though..

The Company is more open to other types of opportunities now, as shown by the VVDN edge box and Unigen Cupcake initiatives.

It might just be the Time, for the Master plan to bear fruit though..

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Cardpro

Regular
I agree that something isn't working. We have revolutionary technology but after several years of availability no one since Megachips has signed on the dotted line for it. This certainly isn't what the company was expecting either (remember the explosive sale and exponential growth presentation at the AGM circa 2020 or 2021?). I'm not sure what the problem is but is it that the IP only business model isn't' working? I don't know what the answer is but I don't think anyone back in 2021 expected that halfway through 2024 we'd be sitting in the 20c range. I'm still expecting the company to get there but I hope that at board level some serious discussions are going on about why things have not worked out the way we thought they would to this point and what the road to success now looks like. We need to get traction or our 3 year advantage will be squandered and we risk being left behind.
I had similar concerns but after the recent AGM, I do not have them anymore (I will prob start crying again next year if we don't get much update).

I appears that the level of the contract (in terms of $$$ involved) is very different to the ones we've already won (megachips/renesas) meaning testing & evaluation process is much much longer and different to what they initially anticipated.

Not saying we are definitely involved but a person associated with Brainchip liking this post is better than not, right?

View attachment 64639 View attachment 64640

And now you have Nikunj, not only liking but also commenting on Apples news. Could we perhaps be a 2nd tier supplier to apple, ie through openAI? I know it sounds far fetched, but theres no reason our IP can be in the OpenAI product that is being used by Apple. What are your thoughts?

(and yes I have read the Tony Dawe reply, but he is being evasive with his answer, after all Apple did say the AI processing will be done on device)

Nikunj Kotecha
Nikunj KotechaNikunj Kotecha • 2nd • 2nd Data Science and Machine Learning Professional • Ex-Senior Solutions Architect @BrainChip • Ex-Oracle • Neuromorphic AI • EdgeAI Machine Learning • University Lecturer • MS in Computer ScienceData Science and Machine Learning Professional • Ex-Senior Solutions Architect @BrainChip • Ex-Oracle • Neuromorphic AI • EdgeAI Machine Learning • University Lecturer • MS in Computer Science
View my portfolio

11h •
11 hours ago

🚀 Today at WWDC 2024, Apple unveiled its stunning integration of Apple Intelligence. While they may not have been the first to show this integration, they have truly done it in a way only Apple can.

As Tim Cook rightly said during the keynote, “Built in a uniquely Apple way.”

This marks the dawn of a new era of personal intelligence. With AI-powered features deeply embedded into all Apple products, our device interactions are set to be revolutionized.

Here are some standout highlights of Apple Intelligence:

✨ Smart Writing Assistant: Elevating your writing experience by providing proofreading and rewriting enhancements, making your content more impactful and engaging. What's even better is we can add persona to this content.

😁 Genmoji: A fun and creative way to express yourself, unleashing your wildest imaginations through personalized emojis.

🖼️ Image Playground: A creative haven that allows you to edit, enhance, and personalize images, adding a unique touch to your visuals.

✏️ Imagewand: Transform rough sketches into detailed images or generate new ones entirely. As an avid user of Notes on iPad and Mac, this feature will definitely add a new dimension to my note-taking experience.

💬 Siri is now Multimodal: Siri now understands context better and is aware of what's on your screen, providing assistance tailored to your current activity. We are truly seeing Siri redefined.

🔔 Priority Notifications: In a world filled with notification clutter, this feature is a game changer, helping reduce information overload by prioritizing the most important alerts.

🎥 Memory Movie: One of my favorite features on the iPhone now gets an AI boost. I can’t wait to try it and relive my amazing memories in a whole new way.

🤖 ChatGPT Integration: Seamless integration with the most widely used AI tool today.

What truly stands out to me is that most of the above Apple Intelligence’s processing will be done locally on-device, thanks to the advanced Apple silicon. It won't be long before all AI computing tasks are handled locally, eliminating the need for private cloud servers.

#AppleIntelligence #WWDC2024 #AI #Innovation #TechNews #Apple #EdgeAI

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Apple was keen to stress the security of Apple Intelligence during Monday's keynote.

Some processing will be carried out on the device itself.
. Elon Musk is saying that Apple cannot guarantee security as it passes on all our data to a third party .And the device is on 24/7 therefore tracking the owner at all times . I wonder if a dark bag will prevent the data leaking when the owner wants privacy

And now you have Nikunj, not only liking but also commenting on Apples news. Could we perhaps be a 2nd tier supplier to apple, ie through openAI? I know it sounds far fetched, but theres no reason our IP can be in the OpenAI product that is being used by Apple. What are your thoughts?

(and yes I have read the Tony Dawe reply, but he is being evasive with his answer, after all Apple did say the AI processing will be done on device)

Nikunj Kotecha
Nikunj KotechaNikunj Kotecha • 2nd • 2nd Data Science and Machine Learning Professional • Ex-Senior Solutions Architect @BrainChip • Ex-Oracle • Neuromorphic AI • EdgeAI Machine Learning • University Lecturer • MS in Computer ScienceData Science and Machine Learning Professional • Ex-Senior Solutions Architect @BrainChip • Ex-Oracle • Neuromorphic AI • EdgeAI Machine Learning • University Lecturer • MS in Computer Science
View my portfolio

11h •
11 hours ago

🚀 Today at WWDC 2024, Apple unveiled its stunning integration of Apple Intelligence. While they may not have been the first to show this integration, they have truly done it in a way only Apple can.

This marks the dawn of a new era of personal intelligence. With AI-powered features deeply embedded into all Apple products, our device interactions are set to be revolutionized.

✨ Smart Writing Assistant: Elevating your writing experience by providing proofreading and rewriting enhancements, making your content more impactful and engaging. What's even better is we can add persona to this content.

😁 Genmoji: A fun and creative way to express yourself, unleashing your wildest imaginations through personalized emojis.

🖼️ Image Playground: A creative haven that allows you to edit, enhance, and personalize images, adding a unique touch to your visuals.

✏️ Imagewand: Transform rough sketches into detailed images or generate new ones entirely. As an avid user of Notes on iPad and Mac, this feature will definitely add a new dimension to my note-taking experience.

💬 Siri is now Multimodal: Siri now understands context better and is aware of what's on your screen, providing assistance tailored to your current activity. We are truly seeing Siri redefined.

🔔 Priority Notifications: In a world filled with notification clutter, this feature is a game changer, helping reduce information overload by prioritizing the most important alerts.

🎥 Memory Movie: One of my favorite features on the iPhone now gets an AI boost. I can’t wait to try it and relive my amazing memories in a whole new way.

🤖 ChatGPT Integration: Seamless integration with the most widely used AI tool today.

What truly stands out to me is that most of the above Apple Intelligence’s processing will be done locally on-device, thanks to the advanced Apple silicon. It won't be long before all AI computing tasks are handled locally, eliminating the need for private cloud servers.

According to his LinkedIn page, he finished up at BrainChip, in November last year?..

7für7

Regular

Nikunj Kotecha
View my portfolio

11h •
11 hours ago

He liked this as well… or let’s say he find it inspiring

Last edited:
Top Bottom