BRN Discussion Ongoing

MrRomper

Regular
This one from Acccenture (Akida referenced)
https://ppubs.uspto.gov/dirsearch-public/print/downloadPdf/20240169696
1716523605154.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 61 users

FiveBucks

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
TO SAY WE AREN'T MOVING (FORWARD) IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT......

AKIDA EDGE BOX NOW SHOWING AS "SOLD OUT"

Tech@
Not being negative about the sold out
But if we had numbers to compare how many were on sale at the beginning and what they expected to sell and possibly the volume they expected could be something to gauge against.

They might have only had 100 or 1000 or 5000 who knows

Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users
I don't know but being sold out in business is a good thing?
I disagree
Because punters who want it will then purchase the product from another supplier or maker. Unless of course they wait until they are rereleased, but given the time they have taken to come to market and sold out so quickly apparently then yes I guess it is a good thing. People are generally impatient and don’t want to wait.

• Fire
Reactions: 1 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Doubt very much we are getting so much.

Maybe 100-200$ per box tops, I am guessing.
I was talking hypothetical income, not profit.

Reactions: 8 users
One Quadrillion is how they should have expressed it , though rarely do numbers get so large .

Only time iv ever heard of a quadrillion being used was when i looked at ...... SWIFT.

From memory they facilitate the movement of about $1.25 quadrillion annually.

To be honest if BrainChip got a contract with this mob we would probably all be set.

Regards,
Esq.
Honestly, neuromorphic technology is the perfect fit for humanoid robotics, due to power efficiency.

While we are not the "only" neuromorphic solution, we appear to be the most advanced "high end" capable.

For the most part, what has held us back, is the "newness" of our technology.
Commercial Humanoid Robotics, is also new.

Large scale, is probably still 2 or 3 years out though..

It's possible, that Tesla's initial production design, could be locked in, by the end of the year.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Glowing endorsement by Jensen of Michell Dell.

Great conversation @mrgds thanks for posting.

Makes so much sense from an akida pov, tick tock!

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Fenris78

Regular
Screenshot_20240524-143108_Facebook.jpg

Excited to see a neuromorphic processor in such a main stream advertisement... just shows how close things are getting. Still bitter sweet other technology is being used in lieu of Akida.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
This is a Brainchip Patent filed on USPTO on 21/5. Not sure if it has been posted previously.
https://ppubs.uspto.gov/dirsearch-public/print/downloadPdf/11989645
View attachment 63607
Hi MrR,

Well spotted.

The patent was granted on 20240521. It was based on an international PCT application filed on 20200724.

1716525977415.png

The PCT application was based on an application first filed on 20190725, and has resulted in another 2 related US granted patents:

US11227210B2 Event-based classification of features in a reconfigurable and temporally coded convolutional spiking neural network

US11704549B2 Event-based classification of features in a reconfigurable and temporally coded convolutional spiking neural network

Among others, there are also 2 related Australian patents:

AU2020315983B2 Event-based classification of features in a reconfigurable and temporally coded convolutional spiking neural network

AU2022241541B2 EVENT-BASED CLASSIFICATION OF FEATURES IN A RECONFIGURABLE AND TEMPORALLY CODED CONVOLUTIONAL SPIKING NEURAL NETWORK

Note: On the Espacenet database, granted patents are indicated by the suffix B2 at the end of the patent number.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users

CeeMite

View attachment 63611
Excited to see a neuromorphic processor in such a main stream advertisement... just shows how close things are getting. Still bitter sweet other technology is being used in lieu of Akida.
I don't believe that the Snapdragon Elite X is a Neuromorphic processor. The N in NPU stands for Neural not Neuromorphic. Apart from Akida, there isn't a commercially available Neuromorphic processor on the market yet.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 23 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Hi David,

Thanks for posting Tony's response. I must admit I'm very confused. 🥴How can BrainChip get an accurate gauge on pre-sale orders if our website says "out of stock" and if VVDN aren't taking any orders through their website?

I can see our website instructs to contact sales@ brainchip.com if you want more than 10 edge boxes, but it also says directly above that, that we've sold out of them. So why would anyone bother contacting sales for a sold out item? Maybe I'm just over-thinking things as per usual.
That email was initially posted by David Fitz back on April 2nd (so it is old). At the AGM Sean or Antonio said it is available from brainchip for small volumes but VVDN is the primary lead for sales

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

mrgds

Regular
  • Wow
  • Fire
Sounds positive but I wouldn't overlook a failure of logistics.

Anyway cannot be bad.

It was a pre-order so there was no actual "stock" unless they were only allocated a fixed number of units from the production run.

Reactions: 2 users

toasty

Regular
It was a pre-order so there was no actual "stock" unless they were only allocated a fixed number of units from the production run.
How would we know....it's all kept inside the cone of silence..........

MegaportX

Regular
Nice find!

I would put money on it that Accenture is our next IP signing. I just don't have any money to play with. It's all on Brainchip. 🥴
Nice find!

I would put money on it that Accenture is our next IP signing. I just don't have any money to play with. It's all on Brainchip. 🥴
Your on the ball my feeling, there is more than 1, the biggest fish is almost hooked, it is a very exciting time for Brainchip.

MegaportX

Reactions: 13 users

BrainShit

Regular
Nice find!

Accenture would not buy IP in my understanding because they help clients to design their silicon in all aspects. BrainChip is also looking for customers who already got silicon and want to change or improve their design with the IP. Accenture help them to do so...

Accenture offers a cohesive team of engineers with expertise in every aspect of silicon technology development from concept to production to help clients accelerate edge innovation and optimize resources.

Link: https://www.accenture.com/de-de/services/industry-x/silicon

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
What company does everyone reckon is likely to be the next to sign a licence?

My guess is Arm.💪 The most obvious reason is that our technology is fully compatible with Arm's product family. Then there's Arm's powerful position on power efficiency (see below), which is only surpassed by BrainChip's position on power efficiency and reduced energy consumption. On top of that you also have the report last week from Nikkei Asia that Arm has a prototype AI chip planned for early 2025 and full-scale manufacturing penciled in for fall 2025 as a part of Softbank's "AI Revolution" plans.

I think that this "prototype" idea is something that has been bubbling away for quite some time because all the way back in April 2023, it was reported that Arm was working on its own chip. The project was said to have started 6 months earlier, around October 2022, spearheaded by former Snapdragon designer and Qualcomm executive Kevork Kechichian.

In terms of time-frames, BrainChip joined Arm's AI Parter Program in May 2022. And in December 2022, Brainchip joined Intel's IFS IP Alliance. It has been reported recently that Arm would be likely to work with Intel IFS on their prototype endeavour.

Coincidentally (or not), one of the tidbits that came out of the lawsuit between Arm and Qualcomm in 2022 was that apparently Arm would stop licensing its CPU designs after 2024 and would instead require OEMs to directly license their chips from ARM cutting out the middlemen, Qualcomm, MediaTek, Samsung, etc.

The lawsuit between Arm and Qualcomm goes to trial in September, so it'll be very interesting to see what happens there. But at any rate, the prospect of Arm making it's own chips looks likely to threaten the interests of quite a few players, particularly Qualcomm. So I find the timing in all of this very intriguing to say the least.

Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 5.37.42 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
What company does everyone reckon is likely to be the next to sign a licence?

My guess is Arm.💪 The most obvious reason is that our technology is fully compatible with Arm's product family. Then there's Arm's powerful position on power efficiency (see below), which is only surpassed by BrainChip's position on power efficiency and reduced energy consumption. On top of that you also have the report last week from Nikkei Asia that Arm has a prototype AI chip planned for early 2025 and full-scale manufacturing penciled in for fall 2025 as a part of Softbank's "AI Revolution" plans.

I think that this "prototype" idea is something that has been bubbling away for quite some time because all the way back in April 2023, it was reported that Arm was working on its own chip. The project was said to have started 6 months earlier, around October 2022, spearheaded by former Snapdragon designer and Qualcomm executive Kevork Kechichian.

In terms of time-frames, BrainChip joined Arm's AI Parter Program in May 2022. And in December 2022, Brainchip joined Intel's IFS IP Alliance. It has been reported recently that Arm would be likely to work with Intel IFS on their prototype endeavour.

Coincidentally (or not), one of the tidbits that came out of the lawsuit between Arm and Qualcomm in 2022 was that apparently Arm would stop licensing its CPU designs after 2024 and would instead require OEMs to directly license their chips from ARM cutting out the middlemen, Qualcomm, MediaTek, Samsung, etc.

The lawsuit between Arm and Qualcomm goes to trial in September, so it'll be very interesting to see what happens there. But at any rate, the prospect of Arm making it's own chips looks likely to threaten the interests of quite a few players, particularly Qualcomm. So I find the timing in all of this very intriguing to say the least.

View attachment 63626
I know there are bigger players and perhaps even better fits out there but I'd like to see us in bed with Valeo.
We have a longish history with them and something that gets us in deep in automotive in Europe would be a great start, a consistent earner and a client with the gravitas and reputation we'd be happy to coattail.
I am mainly suggesting them from an about time perspective.
Also think they are cognisant of the need to get ahead technically and they have the old world money and cunning acumen to retain their niche.

But 'ubiquitous' could be a word made up to describe what we can do, so I have expectations of seeing us everywhere over time.
As a few have commented including those presenting at the AGM, once we get one or two openly acknowledging our presence, more will quickly follow, if only for the marketing opportunity.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
Top Bottom