BRN Discussion Ongoing

TECH

Regular
TO SAY WE AREN'T MOVING (FORWARD) IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT......

AKIDA EDGE BOX NOW SHOWING AS "SOLD OUT"

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 42 users

7für7

Regular

Yes but it’s not the only indicator who shows, brainchip is moving forward. You must be really completely ignorant not to see the progress. People are just watching the share price and complaining about less revenue. If you ever had to do with startups, you know that you have to suffer minimum 3 years (depends on the industry you are in) and we talk here about a complete new business! IMO

Reactions: 4 users

charles2

Regular
Sounds positive but I wouldn't overlook a failure of logistics.

Anyway cannot be bad.

Reactions: 1 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!

Can anyone who purchased one let us in on any clues as to how many were sold?
i.e. sales docket number or serial number on the one you purchased?

7für7

Regular
Can anyone who purchased one let us in on any clues as to how many were sold?
i.e. sales docket number or serial number on the one you purchased?
We talked about this topic already it’s almost impossible

davidfitz

Regular

Yes and now it is up to VVDN to possibly purchase a licence so that they can produce more and sell them directly via their distributors?

Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Interestingly, the PCIe board at $499 has not sold out.

The PCIe board has a single Akida 1 chip and plugs in internally to a PC to work with the PC's processor.

The Edge AI Box has 2 Akida 1 chips and an NXP quad core processor as well as 36 GB memory, so it is a stand-alone device. It does have communication ports so it can be set-up and configured, and transfer outputs to a screen or networked computer.

You would expect that a large commercial enterprise would want more than one Edge Ai Box.

If we've sold 1000, that would be $Au 1M + which would brighten up the next quarterly, unless it gets lost in the noise of a deal or two.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

mrgds

Regular
Glowing endorsement by Jensen of Michell Dell.
Could be an interesting event to look out for:

"WWDC 2024 — June 10-14: Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference is set to kick off on Monday, June 10.

Apple used WWDC 2023 to unveil the Vision Pro, but the stakes are even higher this year. The 2024 event is expected to showcase its renewed AI strategy."

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

FiveBucks

The PCIe board has a single Akida 1 chip and plugs in internally to a PC to work with the PC's processor.

The Edge AI Box has 2 Akida 1 chips and an NXP quad core processor as well as 36 GB memory, so it is a stand-alone device. It does have communication ports so it can be set-up and configured, and transfer outputs to a screen or networked computer.

You would expect that a large commercial enterprise would want more than one Edge Ai Box.

If we've sold 1000, that would be $Au 1M + which would brighten up the next quarterly, unless it gets lost in the noise of a deal or two.

Let's hope it gets well and truly lost!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
How come VVDN doesn't have any AKIDA Edge Boxes for sale on it's website? I can only find this link to NVIDIA's Edge Box.

• Wow

davidfitz

Regular
How come VVDN doesn't have any AKIDA Edge Boxes for sale on it's website? I can only find this link to NVIDIA's Edge Box.

I think they only made enough for us to 'test' the market.

Hi David,

Thank you for your email.

I'm sorry but that information has not been made available to me. The number of edge boxes that could be sold is limited by the number of AKD1000 chips we have available, and we have never publicly disclosed the number of chips we made.

At present, we are taking pre-sale orders only. This will give us a strong indication of the likely demand for the Edge Box and our chips.

Needless to say our hope is that demand for the Edge Box exceeds the supply of available chips and requires VVDN to place an order for another run of chips to be produced.

Regards

Tony Dawe

Director, Global Investor Relations

+61 (0)405 989 743

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Guzzi62

Regular

Doubt very much we are getting so much.

Maybe 100-200$ per box tops, I am guessing.

Kachoo

Regular
I don't know but being sold out in business is a good thing?

• Sad
As far as I can recall from Sean's comments on the edge box, the Brainchip storefront for the edge box is for low volume orders <10 orders, all orders above 10 units are to be referred directly to VVDN.
It could just mean Brainchip has sold through their presumably smaller inventory (if they stocked it) but could definitely on the other hand indicate VVDN has sold through the entirety of theirs, which means either more existing Akida 1s sold to them/more Akida 1s produced for Brainchip for VVDN/ or better yet a license for VVDN to have them produced directly on their behalf.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I think they only made enough for us to 'test' the market.

Hi David,

Thank you for your email.

I'm sorry but that information has not been made available to me. The number of edge boxes that could be sold is limited by the number of AKD1000 chips we have available, and we have never publicly disclosed the number of chips we made.

At present, we are taking pre-sale orders only. This will give us a strong indication of the likely demand for the Edge Box and our chips.

Needless to say our hope is that demand for the Edge Box exceeds the supply of available chips and requires VVDN to place an order for another run of chips to be produced.

Regards

Tony Dawe

Director, Global Investor Relations

+61 (0)405 989 743
Hi David,

Thanks for posting Tony's response. I must admit I'm very confused. 🥴How can BrainChip get an accurate gauge on pre-sale orders if our website says "out of stock" and if VVDN aren't taking any orders through their website?

I can see our website instructs to contact sales@ brainchip.com if you want more than 10 edge boxes, but it also says directly above that, that we've sold out of them. So why would anyone bother contacting sales for a sold out item? Maybe I'm just over-thinking things as per usual.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Dr E Brown

Regular
The Edge Box is minutiae. Knowing we’ve sold 100 or 1000 isn’t the move we are looking at. Sean’s comment that sales are exactly on track is fine with me. What I am waiting for is the near future closing of deals mentioned by Sean in the Stocks Down Under video. How near is near, how near is relatively near future! When these are signed and announced then we won’t be worrying about a few Edge boxes. The wording will also be interesting as I’m pretty sure they won’t be able to put an exact value on the deal, but perhaps a market indicative value.
Ok I’m going back into the lab until the deals are announced.

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

toasty

Regular
Hi David,

Thanks for posting Tony's response. I must admit I'm very confused. 🥴How can BrainChip get an accurate gauge on pre-sale orders if our website says "out of stock" and if VVDN aren't taking any orders through their website?

I can see our website instructs to contact sales@ brainchip.com if you want more than 10 edge boxes, but it also says directly above that, that we've sold out of them. So why would anyone bother contacting sales for a sold out item? Maybe I'm just over-thinking things as per usual.
Yet another example of BRN management's inability to communicate clearly??

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users
Only 1000 trillion that’s more than the worlds yearly GDP 🤣
Yeah it's obviously a bit of an exaggeration and my mind can't actually "grasp" numbers that big..

But Elon, does think there is no upper limit to the Market.

MrRomper

Regular
This is a Brainchip Patent filed on USPTO on 21/5. Not sure if it has been posted previously.
https://ppubs.uspto.gov/dirsearch-public/print/downloadPdf/11989645
1716522888454.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Yeah it's obviously a bit of an exaggeration and my mind can't actually "grasp" numbers that big..

But Elon, does think there is no upper limit to the Market.
One Quadrillion is how they should have expressed it , though rarely do numbers get so large .

Only time iv ever heard of a quadrillion being used was when i looked at ...... SWIFT.

From memory they facilitate the movement of about $1.25 quadrillion annually.

To be honest if BrainChip got a contract with this mob we would probably all be set.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom