BRN Discussion Ongoing

Slade

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Random sample of the largest tech companies:

Nvidia, Apple, Intel, Samsung, Microsoft, IBM, Sony, Alphabet (Google), Meta (FB), Panasonic, Sony, Dell, ARM, Qualcomm, ...

We are in the ecosystems of Intel, ARM.

We have had Dell on the podcast.

Rumour has it Sean is heading to Korea (again) after the AGM.

Our friend Prophesee has links with Sony.

Can we overcome the "not-invented-here" syndrome?

Will incumbency blind Nvidia?

ARM has their in-house Helium/Ethos.

Intel has Loihi +.

IBM has true North.

Even Dell lays claim to SNN technology:

US2023237675A1 METHOD, ELECTRONIC DEVICE, AND COMPUTER PROGRAM PRODUCT FOR PROCESSING VIDEO 20220121

View attachment 63531

US2023342193A1 TASK PROCESSING METHOD, TASK PROCESSING DEVICE, AND COMPUTER PROGRAM PRODUCT 20220422
[0036] In order to at least partially solve one or more of the above problems and other potential problems, embodiments of the present disclosure provide an approach in which a spiking neural network and a convolutional neural network are used in combination

Notably the Dell podcast was several months earlier than the priority date of the first patent application:

https://brainchip.com/brainchip-podcast-ep-6-rob-lincourt/

BrainChip Talks with Rob Lincourt of Dell Technologies in Latest Monthly Podcast​

Edge devices, neuromorphic computing and beneficial AI among the topics covered in sixth episode of ‘This is our Mission’ series

Aliso Viejo, Calif. – May 2, 2021
Absolutely Dell across neuromorphic and were aware of us since early 2022.

From Dell Tech presso this month (Oct 23).

Wonder if they just watching the general horizon or they talking about their own horizon :unsure:

HERE

Screenshot_2023-10-12-08-37-13-79_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

IMG_20231012_083418.jpg

We also know from a previous post that Dell aware of us from at least early 2022.

Was from one of the Directors at Dell China Research Institute.

• From a hardware perspective, the accelerators of Domain Specific Architectures (DSA) [12] enable the third-wave AI algorithms to operate in a hybrid ecosystem consisting of Edge, Core, and Cloud. run anywhere in the system . Specifically, accelerators for specific domain architectures include the following examples: Nvidia's GPU, Xilinx's FPGA, Google's TPU, and artificial intelligence acceleration chips such as BrainChip's Akida Neural Processer, GraphCore's Intelligent Processing Unit (IPU), Cambrian's Machine Learning Unit (MLU) and more. These types of domain-specific architecture accelerators will be integrated into more information devices, architectures, and ecosystems by requiring less training data and being able to operate at lower power when needed. In response to this trend, the area where we need to focus on development is to develop a unified heterogeneous architecture approach that enables information systems to easily integrate and configure various different types of domain-specific architecture hardware accelerators. For Dell Technologies, we can leverage Dell's vast global supply chain and sales network to attract domain-specific architecture accelerator suppliers to adhere to the standard interfaces defined by Dell to achieve a unified heterogeneous architecture .

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

7für7

Regular
Whom ever made this video could at least advised Sean which camera to look at , unprofessional to say the least.
Actually it’s nowadays common to make interviews like that, this way… no one looks directly to the cam… it looks stupid to be honest… from my point of view it’s fresh and up to date!

Edit: it should give you the expression that he talks to someone

Reactions: 10 users

Slade

Top 20
Whom ever made this video could at least advised Sean which camera to look at , unprofessional to say the least.
Thanks for sharing. This interview is the best that I have seen Sean speak. Very confident, very professional.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users
Absolutely Dell across neuromorphic and were aware of us since early 2022.

From Dell Tech presso this month (Oct 23).

Wonder if they just watching the general horizon or they talking about their own horizon :unsure:

HERE

Screenshot_2023-10-12-08-37-13-79_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

IMG_20231012_083418.jpg

We also know from a previous post that Dell aware of us from at least early 2022.

Was from one of the Directors at Dell China Research Institute.

• From a hardware perspective, the accelerators of Domain Specific Architectures (DSA) [12] enable the third-wave AI algorithms to operate in a hybrid ecosystem consisting of Edge, Core, and Cloud. run anywhere in the system . Specifically, accelerators for specific domain architectures include the following examples: Nvidia's GPU, Xilinx's FPGA, Google's TPU, and artificial intelligence acceleration chips such as BrainChip's Akida Neural Processer, GraphCore's Intelligent Processing Unit (IPU), Cambrian's Machine Learning Unit (MLU) and more. These types of domain-specific architecture accelerators will be integrated into more information devices, architectures, and ecosystems by requiring less training data and being able to operate at lower power when needed. In response to this trend, the area where we need to focus on development is to develop a unified heterogeneous architecture approach that enables information systems to easily integrate and configure various different types of domain-specific architecture hardware accelerators. For Dell Technologies, we can leverage Dell's vast global supply chain and sales network to attract domain-specific architecture accelerator suppliers to adhere to the standard interfaces defined by Dell to achieve a unified heterogeneous architecture .
DELL are all over brainchip makes sense too.

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for sharing. This interview is the best that I have seen Sean speak. Very confident, very professional.
Yes Sean will get BRN to the front of the line 100% . The podcast needs some directors polish.

://zhuanlan-zhihu-com.translate.goog/p/475915747?_x_tr_sl=zh-CN&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

Reactions: 2 users
Actually it’s nowadays common to make interviews like that, this way… no one looks directly to the cam… it looks stupid to be honest… from my point of view it’s fresh and up to date!

Edit: it should give you the expression that he talks to someone
I have disagreed mate, iv been in TV my whole life that’s not how you do interviews

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Kachoo

Regular
My thought is the one signing a big deal will be one that's not on top but wants to position there. They may have fallen or want to raise but they are big.

Reactions: 8 users
Good for you , stay on BRN mate

toasty

Regular
My thought is the one signing a big deal will be one that's not on top but wants to position there. They may have fallen or want to raise but they are big.
If that's the case then IBM??

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users
Just forget it… I’m just surprised how all the people here know everting better… rally funny all the experts are here!
I see you struggle with English maybe it’s getting lost in translation

Reactions: 1 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
It's was the context of the conversations/ information that is important to me, I was all 👂listening.

My eyes was busy elsewhere.
20240523_145622.jpg

Learning 🪴

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users

Diogenese

Top 20

4:50 Mark: "You've got foundries. You've got IBM (?) ... "

Interesting that Sean referred to TeNNs as an algorithm.

Algorithms can be implemented in software at some cost to speed and energy consumption.

We know that Akida 2 was taped out but did not proceed to silicon.

The TeNNs patents were filed mid-2022, so we could have been discussing TeNNs with EAPs from then on, ~ 2 years.

Because TeNNs is such a great improvement on transformers, it could be implemented in software and still outperform transformer NNs by a mile. In fact, Akida NNs can be implemented in software. As I may have said before there is a significant advantage in implementing new tech which is in a state of flux in software, and waiting til the tech is more settled before committing to silicon.

We know Valeo uses software image interpretation in SCALA 3, and we have been working with them in a Joint Development partnership for a few years. Clearly they would have been among the first to hear about TeNNs.

Although they have switched to radio silence on Akida, Mercedes makes a great deal of noise about its software-defined vehicle. Mercedes would also have been among to first to hear about TeNNs, but they have swapped to Luminar for most of their lidar, although I forget when that takes effect. However Luminar also uses software image interpretation. There is thus a possibility that Mercedes could use TeNNs with or without Akida 2 in conjunction with any "legacy" Scala 3 or the new Luminar lidar.

In any event, we know that Valeo has $1B+ forward orders with Stellantis and Toyota, so it is possible that TeNNs/Akida 2 software will be used in these applications.

The best image temporal classification technology, TeNNs, has not yet been reduced to silicon, but it is available in software form*. BRN are busy building the NN models for TeNNs for various applications. The beauty of a software implementation during this development phase is that it can be readily updated.

Similar considerations also apply to Prophesee. In fact, all EAPs would have been consulted about TeNNs - is TeNNs the reason that Akida 1 was labeled too narrow?

*I wonder if Tony's AGM demo of TeNNs sentence building v GPT2 was software or FPGA?

1716440836466.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 59 users

7für7

Regular
I see you struggle with English maybe it’s getting lost in translation
What ever you say. But…
Don't look for the needle in the haystack. That's nitpicking... the content and the message are what matter

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users
What ever you say. But…
Don't look for the needle in the haystack. That's nitpicking... the content and the message are what matter
Mate Iam not looking at it like that tho you may think. I have unfortunately or fortunately been around tv since my grandparents I have it in my blood. So it irks me when I see thing related to it ….that’s all.
I’ve been with BRN since before listing and assure you they have my support,
Your interpretation is yours and sometime you don’t know the full story before you start having a go at someone

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

7für7

Regular
Mate Iam not looking at it like that tho you may think. I have unfortunately or fortunately been around tv since my grandparents I have it in my blood. So it irks me when I see thing related to it ….that’s all.
I’ve been with BRN since before listing and assure you they have my support,
Your interpretation is yours and sometime you don’t know the full story before you start having a go at someone
Mate….I know people whose grandparents also run a business in which they specialized. That doesn't mean they ( the grandchildren) automatically know everything. The media landscape is constantly changing. Camera work, which is meant to evoke a certain drama, is also evolving. Imagine if films were still shot the same way they were in your grandparents' time… I come from this field as well, so relax… my great-great-great-grandparents were already doing theater, and my ancestors invented drama and comedy…so!? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

• Haha
Mate….I know people whose grandparents also run a business in which they specialized. That doesn't mean they ( the grandchildren) automatically know everything. The media landscape is constantly changing. Camera work, which is meant to evoke a certain drama, is also evolving. Imagine if films were still shot the same way they were in your grandparents' time… I come from this field as well, so relax… my great-great-great-grandparents were already doing theater, and my ancestors invented drama and comedy…so!? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
What’s your problem ?
If you wish to carry in let’s do it off this forum I am not here to disrupt
Let me know how you want to continue

Reactions: 5 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Good to see a bit of GREEN.

Might try some beef for dinner tonight ,

One can only eat so many these South Australian King George Whiting before the novelty wears off .

Esq.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

CHIPS

Regular
  • Fire
Top Bottom