BRN Discussion Ongoing

wilzy123

Founding Member
cheers rocket. good job

it's ok buddy... just make better life choices.

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Home » Automotive » Tata Elxsi and Arm Partner to Accelerate SDV Journey

Tata Elxsi and Arm Partner to Accelerate SDV Journey​

Article By : Tata Elxsi​

Tata-Elxsi-Arm-Hero.jpg

Automotive architectures are evolving from a distributed and domain-based paradigm to software-defined vehicle (SDV), which includes the use of high-performance computing (HPC). This evolution requires a strategic shift in software development, validation, and deployment philosophies. In line with this, Tata Elxsi has collaborated with Arm to help automotive OEMs and tier-1s fast track their transition […]
Automotive architectures are evolving from a distributed and domain-based paradigm to software-defined vehicle (SDV), which includes the use of high-performance computing (HPC). This evolution requires a strategic shift in software development, validation, and deployment philosophies.
In line with this, Tata Elxsi has collaborated with Arm to help automotive OEMs and tier-1s fast track their transition to SDVs. Tata Elxsi brings its extensive portfolio of SDV solutions through Tata Elxsi AVENIR, a SOAFEE-based software suite that enables the development, integration, building, testing, and deployment of applications entirely on the cloud with ease for OEMs and suppliers.
Through this technology collaboration, Tata Elxsi will make this software suite available on the latest Arm® Automotive Enhanced (AE) technology that will power the high-performance requirements of next-generation vehicles.
Matter over Wi-Fi and Thread – Silicon Labs
Tata Elxsi AVENIR includes a cloud-native development and validation environment, that enables seamless collaboration to develop and validate SDV functionalities, a Connected Digital Twin Framework, which enables easier adoption and management of digital twins and a pre-integrated subscription management software. This allows end users to subscribe to automotive features on demand.
“The automotive industry is being transformed by a massive increase in software and AI that demands more computing within the efficiency and safety constraints of the vehicle. By bringing together its SDV solutions with Arm’s latest AE technology, Tata Elxsi is leveraging Arm’s efficient performance and safety leadership to accelerate software development cycles for next-generation vehicles,” said Suraj Gajendra, vice president of products and solutions, Automotive Line of Business, Arm.
“Intelligent vehicles of the future will be powered by SDV, Data and AI, and it is critical that technology companies collaborate to overcome the growing complexities. We are committed to working with Arm to make Tata Elxsi AVENIR available on the latest generation of Arm cores, which will power future HPCs for SDV while fostering innovation and unlocking the benefits of scale,” said Shaju S, Vice President & Head, Transportation Business.
Tata Elxsi AVENIR integrated on Arm processors will provide automakers with a proven and ready-to-integrate SDV framework and modular software components that work seamlessly across Arm-based high-performance computing architectures and chips. This integration accelerates the “shift-left” in SDV development and validation processes, helping drastically cut down time-to-market and development risks.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

TECH

Regular
Good evening All,

My thoughts on this mornings AGM.

On-time...

Sean spoke well, clearly felt that he needed to yet again reinforce what the companies objectives are, are we on track ?...oh yes we are !
Has he the backing of the Board ?...oh yes he has, despite getting crap from the Board !!

Sean could not have worded things clearer, I'm extremely comfortable, are you ?

As I and a few others have mentioned over the last 12/24 months, the progress has been a lot slower with regards uptake of IP Licenses,
customers products flooding the market and so on, which the company have honestly acknowledged is frustrating to them, from the
office staff to the top.

As I have personally mentioned and now been confirmed by Antonio, the engineers, scientists and everyone working within our company
are working their backsides off to achieve excellence, we ALL WISH TO SEE BRAINCHIP SUCCEED ! and we will.

I love Antonio, he is a calm, professional executive, speaks very precisely, clearly thinks before he comments and covered very
diplomatically for Sean on more than one occasion, if you listen carefully what he said, he's basically telling us that Sean is meeting with
CEO's, CTO's of "major world technology companies"...we are talking multibillion dollar companies, think about that comment carefully.

Then we have Sean, doing his utmost not to breach any NDA's, stating he can't name a date, but the quarter (3 month) timeline when
some of these big players may decide that, having reduced the field from 8 or so, down to 2 or 3 go ahead and choose us, but I'm open
to the fact that some companies may decide to punt a little and give those 2 or 3 all a go, depending on their future plans, which we,
Brainchip, may never be privy to.

The shareholder who persistently went on about IP Licenses, well, I felt Antonio showed real professional skill in attempting to answer
this persons questions, in fact, I'll go as far as to say, that's the best explanation of IP protocol I've heard.

It was great that Dr. Tony flew down under, he spoke great as he did on his recent podcast, clear, no mucking around, a straight shooter,
that I really like in an individuals personality, he is an excellent replacement for Peter, if that's the right wording ?

Finally, I'd like to thank Peter for attending, it shows the flock of Peter's love and belief in his own company, still the number one stake
holder, and he is clearly unwell, which shows shareholders that the founder 'still' puts others before his own self, I love his spirit, don't you ?
Thanks Peter and the entire team, I still believe that the dream is red hot to succeed.

Love Akida ♦️ Tech (Perth)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 96 users

Quiltman

Regular
Good evening All,

My thoughts on this mornings AGM.

On-time...

Sean spoke well, clearly felt that he needed to yet again reinforce what the companies objectives are, are we on track ?...oh yes we are !
Has he the backing of the Board ?...oh yes he has, despite getting crap from the Board !!

Sean could not have worded things clearer, I'm extremely comfortable, are you ?

As I and a few others have mentioned over the last 12/24 months, the progress has been a lot slower with regards uptake of IP Licenses,
customers products flooding the market and so on, which the company have honestly acknowledged is frustrating to them, from the
office staff to the top.

As I have personally mentioned and now been confirmed by Antonio, the engineers, scientists and everyone working within our company
are working their backsides off to achieve excellence, we ALL WISH TO SEE BRAINCHIP SUCCEED ! and we will.

I love Antonio, he is a calm, professional executive, speaks very precisely, clearly thinks before he comments and covered very
diplomatically for Sean on more than one occasion, if you listen carefully what he said, he's basically telling us that Sean is meeting with
CEO's, CTO's of "major world technology companies"...we are talking multibillion dollar companies, think about that comment carefully.

Then we have Sean, doing his utmost not to breach any NDA's, stating he can't name a date, but the quarter (3 month) timeline when
some of these big players may decide that, having reduced the field from 8 or so, down to 2 or 3 go ahead and choose us, but I'm open
to the fact that some companies may decide to punt a little and give those 2 or 3 all a go, depending on their future plans, which we,
Brainchip, may never be privy to.

The shareholder who persistently went on about IP Licenses, well, I felt Antonio showed real professional skill in attempting to answer
this persons questions, in fact, I'll go as far as to say, that's the best explanation of IP protocol I've heard.

It was great that Dr. Tony flew down under, he spoke great as he did on his recent podcast, clear, no mucking around, a straight shooter,
that I really like in an individuals personality, he is an excellent replacement for Peter, if that's the right wording ?

Finally, I'd like to thank Peter for attending, it shows the flock of Peter's love and belief in his own company, still the number one stake
holder, and he is clearly unwell, which shows shareholders that the founder 'still' puts others before his own self, I love his spirit, don't you ?
Thanks Peter and the entire team, I still believe that the dream is red hot to succeed.

Love Akida ♦️ Tech (Perth)
I concur. I was also present at the AGM.
Antonio is one hell of a consummate professional.
In fact, I thought the exchange between he and the emotive shareholder on IP licensing was the highlight of the AGM. The response was unrehearsed, and delivered strong insight into the belief and conviction Antonio has in BrainChip, and it’s ultimate success.

Antonio, TENNS and Dr Tony Lewis - the trifecta for success from the AGM IMO

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 72 users

Rach2512

Regular
Is there a link to the AGM, sorry if it's been posted already. Loving all the comments, a big thank you to all that have shared their feedback.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

"RISC-V chips are set to become a global powerhouse in the 2020s, with a market share of almost 25% by 2030, according to research by Omdia. The forecast outpaces even RISC-V International's own ambitious expectations from November."

"Between 2024 and 2030, Omdia expects RISC-V-based chip shipments to increase by 50% annually, reaching a peak of 17 billion chips shipped in 2030 alone. The largest industry for RISC-V will be industrial applications, set to make up 46% of sales, but the greatest growth will be in automotive, with an expected 66% growth in automotive annually."

"RISC-V makes the most sense in novel applications, where a developer doesn't already have an existing Arm product in place. The rise of AI, the increase in use cases and capabilities, means a lot of new territory is being revealed and all of it has potential for RISC-V."

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

The Pope

Regular
A reminder that Sean will be leaving Australia soon as he is "off to another country to make more sales calls" (13:36 mark Episode 5 – BrainChip Investor Podcast Q1 2024)

After leaving Melbourne on Thursday Sean is going to Korea

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Damo4

Regular
No words required

1000007170.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Tony Dawe, GAICDTony Dawe, GAICD

Relieved and happy to have the Brainchip Holdings 2024 AGM done and dusted. Plenty of positive interactions with investors, lots of straightforward and direct conversations and ultimately, an opportunity for the board and management to report to, and be held accountable by, the owners of the company.

From L to R
Chairman Antonio Viana, Founder and NED Peter van der Made, CEO Sean Hehir, CTO Dr. Tony Lewis.
1716304437284.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 59 users
Having a surf and wonder if this young mans education experience at CMU in 21 / 22 gets asked about at his current employer :unsure: :LOL:

Andrew Siemer​

Engineering @ NVIDIA | CMU​

NVIDIA Carnegie Mellon University​

San Francisco Bay Area​

• GPU Firmware Engineer​

NVIDIA

Jan 2023 - Present 1 year 5 months
    Santa Clara, California, United States
  • GPU Firmware Intern​

NVIDIA

May 2022 - Aug 2022 4 months
  • Embedded Engineer Intern​

Edge Impulse

May 2021 - Aug 2021 4 months
    San Jose, California, United States
    Built Sensor Fusion framework & firmware driver, enabling real-time data multiplexing from diverse hardware sensors. Core feature in company's SDK, favored in industrial applications for multi-sensor ML models. Led product launch with Silicon Solutions team & Harvard University, developing image processing firmware & custom hardware for TinyML course.

Carnegie Mellon University Graphic

Carnegie Mellon University

Master of Science - MS Electrical and Computer Engineering​

2021 - 2022
Studied embedded kernel design, fast code, and modern computer architecture. Conducted research in neuromorphic processor design, focusing on edge learning applications for artificial general intelligence using BrainChip's Akida SoC.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 44 users

uiux

Regular
Having a surf and wonder if this young mans education experience at CMU in 21 / 22 gets asked about at his current employer :unsure: :LOL:

Andrew Siemer​

Engineering @ NVIDIA | CMU​

NVIDIA Carnegie Mellon University​

San Francisco Bay Area​

• GPU Firmware Engineer​

NVIDIA

Jan 2023 - Present 1 year 5 months
  • GPU Firmware Intern​

NVIDIA

May 2022 - Aug 2022 4 months
  • Embedded Engineer Intern​

Edge Impulse

May 2021 - Aug 2021 4 months
    San Jose, California, United States
    Built Sensor Fusion framework & firmware driver, enabling real-time data multiplexing from diverse hardware sensors. Core feature in company's SDK, favored in industrial applications for multi-sensor ML models. Led product launch with Silicon Solutions team & Harvard University, developing image processing firmware & custom hardware for TinyML course.

Carnegie Mellon University Graphic

Carnegie Mellon University

Master of Science - MS Electrical and Computer Engineering​

2021 - 2022
Studied embedded kernel design, fast code, and modern computer architecture. Conducted research in neuromorphic processor design, focusing on edge learning applications for artificial general intelligence using BrainChip's Akida SoC.

He forked my repo years ago:

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users
After leaving Melbourne on Thursday Sean is going to Korea
I guess he must just like the spicy noodles and kimchi.

Get a quick fix in, before heading back to the US.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

greatlake

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
IMG_8949.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

goodvibes

Regular
We are on a mission to make edge AI even lighter and better.

Rudy Pei - ML Research Engineer Brainchip

Still remember learning about polynomials from highschool? It turns out they are all you need to make highly performant neural networks. One novelty (among many) of the TENNs model of BrainChip is we build temporal kernels with orthogonal polynomials. Check out our latest work here:

By applying only the concept of polynomial parameterization, we crushed event-based dataset with very few parameters. Notably, we get 100% test accuracy on DVS128 hand gesture recognition benchmark.

Attachments

• 1716313808023.png
    1716313808023.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

MegaportX

Regular
OK AGM dusted, next Stocks Down Under interview today then off to Taiwan to deal with the semiconductor guys. Feeling confident for our future and it would be silly to be selling stock at this point in time, just my opinion.

MegaportX

• Love
Reactions: 31 users

Justchilln

Regular
AGM take away for me
It sounded like the 2nd generation architecture was so radically different that customers evaluating and sales basically had to start again, it’s a 2 year cycle to a sale and they are now one year in…..
it was inferred we will see sales in the next 12 months, in my opinion q4 this year
JC

Reactions: 15 users

Frangipani

Regular

Rudy Pei - ML Research Engineer Brainchip

Still remember learning about polynomials from highschool? It turns out they are all you need to make highly performant neural networks. One novelty (among many) of the TENNs model of BrainChip is we build temporal kernels with orthogonal polynomials. Check out our latest work here:

By applying only the concept of polynomial parameterization, we crushed event-based dataset with very few parameters. Notably, we get 100% test accuracy on DVS128 hand gesture recognition benchmark.

The comment underneath is also noteworthy… 🍏

341E4198-4FF6-49CC-8D1C-6E1E87677346.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Frangipani

Regular
She must be leaving and recruiting for her replacement. No way we need another hr person at this senior level for a head count under 100. If the role grew you would start with a more junior burger to assist.

Could be wrong but time will tell.

As expected, you were spot-on, @ndefries:

A364349E-43F4-4431-BADE-2ACB8F21A67D.jpeg

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

Frangipani

Regular
Hi @Diogenese

I note from the attached post akida uses quantisation. What is your opinion of this please. I also note in full moons post akida claims a 3.67 x gains using this method, Qualcomm claims 4 x so similar.

Liked by Nikunj from Brainchip. Does it mean something? Or nothing. Tyia

@Fullmoonfever

View attachment 63413 View attachment 63414

Hi ILL,

FYI - while Nikunj Kotecha’s LinkedIn profile suggests he has meanwhile relocated back to California, he appears to have left BrainChip six months ago. 👇🏻

I’ve actually been wondering whether his reposts (see below) were indicative of the underlying reason why he is no longer with our company. 🤔
But maybe I am reading too much into them.

F1500D2E-EEA6-44E6-9778-6557CE059386.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom