BRN Discussion Ongoing

JDelekto

Regular
I got the email yesterday. I hadn’t voted so possibly they were sent to people that hadn’t yet voted, or perhaps they were randomly selected, who knows. The email heading was “BrainChip Holdings Ltd - Reminder to vote”.
Maybe they sent those to people on the voter registry, so they would probably not have my contact information.

I'm fourteen hours behind on May 19th at 11:00 AM AEST, so my deadline would be this Saturday the 18th by 9:00 PM EST.

There's not a snowball's chance Fidelity will have my proxy materials available by then. :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
I can sense that there might be a bloodbath following the 2nd strike : |
Love the potential of this company, but hate the progress of product developments from our customers (and there is nothing we can do about it) and of course lack of update for us shareholders. I am considering pulling the rigger and selling it all before the AGM if nothing substantial is announced before then. God help me on Monday/Tuesday

Not advice

ROFL.....

This is next level desperation and zero ethical standards.

I don't believe you will be with us for much longer.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Oh look

Tesla buys Lidar from Luminar

But hold on. Aren't Luminar supplying our friends at Mercedes too?

Hmm yep.

Didn't the company state a couple of years ago we'd really hit a sweet spot with Lidar? Yes.

"In addition to Tesla, Luminar supplies its lidar sensors to automakers such as Volvo and Mercedes-Benz, indicating the broadening adoption of this technology in the automotive industry."

1000015187.gif

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Great article........

Pretty sure Qualcomm was supplying Volkswagen though.....

Hmm

Qualcomm aren't pushing Neuromorphic at the moment though. Wonder why?

Volkswagen (Object Detection and Classification): The OEM has developed a neuromorphic vision system for image generation and processing to support advanced driver assistance applications and automated driving functionality. The bio-inspired system includes multiple photoreceptors for generating spike data. This data indicates whether an intensity value measured by that photoreceptor exceeds a threshold. The digital NM engine includes processors running software configured to generate digital neuromorphic output data, which is velocity vector data to determine spatiotemporal patterns for 3D analysis for object detection, classification, and tracking.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

CHIPS

Regular
1715876751926.png

BrainChip Blog Series: Exploring the Future of Neuromorphic Computing at the Edge​

According to Gartner, traditional computing technologies will hit a digital wall in 2025 and force a shift to new strategies, including those involving neuromorphic computing. With neuromorphic computing, endpoints can create a truly intelligent edge by efficiently identifying, extracting, analyzing, and inferring only the most meaningful data. Untethered from the cloud, neuromorphic edge AI silicon is already enabling people to seamlessly interact with smarter devices that independently learn new skills, intelligently anticipate requests, and instantly deliver services.

Unlocking the full potential of edge AI with BrainChip
At BrainChip, we believe edge AI presents both a challenge and opportunity for the semiconductor industry. Specific strategies to unlocking the full potential of edge AI will undoubtedly vary, which is why we are launching a new company blog series to explore how neuromorphic edge silicon can mimic the human brain to analyze only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition.

We’ll take an in-depth look at the primary design principles of neuromorphic edge silicon, discuss scaling and optimizing on-chip memory, review key strategies for efficiently leveraging incremental and one-shot learning, and detail how to write more efficient machine learning models. We’ll also highlight real world edge AI use cases powered by BrainChip’s Akida neural networking processor, including medical sensors, automotive edge learning at high speeds, object detection and classification, and keyword spotting.

The future’s not only bright, it’s essential
In recent years, neuromorphic computing has enabled new learning models and architectures for edge AI. Smart edge silicon that follows the principles of essential AI—doing more with less—now supports a new generation of advanced multimodal use cases with independent learning and inference capabilities, faster response times, and a lower power budget. By keeping machine learning on the device, neuromorphic edge silicon dramatically reduces latency, minimizes power consumption, and improves security.

We are excited to launch our new company blog series to explore how neuromorphic computing supports the unique learning and performance requirements of edge AI. We look forward to provoking conversation and collaboration as we deploy effective edge compute across real-world applications such as connected cars, consumer electronics, industrial and commercial IoT, and other areas.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Frangipani

Regular
PARIBAS Dingo is owned by Vanguard one of the 2 biggest financial companies. They deal with high net worth individuals. They have been buying hard adding all the time. I think that this is what you would call smart money positioning. IMO we will see. It's not a bad thing They are buying. I did find a link can not find now but a European fund has 30 million shares again the reporting is what I question. But Paribans is still adding.

Hi Kachoo,

while Vanguard is likely one of the non-European institutional shareholders of BNP Paribas (the other usual suspect, BlackRock, is also invested), they certainly don’t own them. The BNP Paribas Group is Europe’s largest banking group by assets, and counts even states (Belgium and Luxembourg) among its shareholders.

BFFFEDAD-45D1-44D7-B6E4-6CB2DC90FA04.jpeg

13CA9DFB-F8BF-41CC-98FD-7FB176A5111D.jpeg

7E4B254B-56B0-4585-BE78-EFC3494DD4BF.jpeg

The recent list of Top 50 BRN holders contains four separate BNP Paribas nominee accounts, all within the Top 16.
All but one increased their holdings over the last three months. Most notably BNP Paribas Nominees Pty Ltd ACF Clearstream in third position with a total of 107,109,511 shares, an increase by more than 6 million shares.

Clearstream is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Deutsche Börse AG (which also operates the Frankfurt Stock Exchange). BNP Paribas is Clearstream’s local subcustodian in Australia and NZ:

794A8A0F-C72C-4444-BAA4-0CDB12E3CA33.jpeg

My guess is that German and other European industry would possibly be investing through Clearstream? As well as entities such as Frankfurter Vermögen with their funds? I don’t have any background in finance, though, so I’ll leave it there. Maybe someone else can dig a little deeper? And also answer the question whether BRN retail shareholders in Europe whose brokerage account is with a BNP Paribas Group bank (such as Consorsbank in Germany), would be bunched together in the BNP Paribas IB AU NOMS RETAILCLIENT nominee account?

27B3F852-8436-4C9F-8BCE-2F8F9B1B8834.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Doesn’t Emotion3d have a Brainchip connection???
@Food4 thought

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
Oh look

Hmm yep.

Didn't the company state a couple of years ago we'd really hit a sweet spot with Lidar? Yes.

"In addition to Tesla, Luminar supplies its lidar sensors to automakers such as Volvo and Mercedes-Benz, indicating the broadening adoption of this technology in the automotive industry."

View attachment 63028
Sadly there are more than one LiDAR companies on the market so it would seem luminar may have some Benifts over our partners at Vorago imo

Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
Oh look

Hmm yep.

View attachment 63028
A Tesla friend says 🤷‍♂️
...Tesla has been doing this for years...
Used to train NN

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Fire

IloveLamp

Top 20
Sadly there are more than one LiDAR companies on the market so it would seem luminar may have some Benifts over our partners at Vorago imo
So just because we've announced a partnership with Valeo, you think that rules us out with Luminar?

Do you think all our partnerships have already been announced? If so why?

I'm not saying it's us, but i don't think we can say it isn't at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
@Smoothsailing

Luminar Technologies (LiDAR and 3D Point Cloud): The company has developed a method for correlating DVS pixels of the events with the 3D point cloud of a LiDAR sensor. In this method, DVS is used for selecting the region of interest (ROI) of the scene and sending it directly to the LiDAR beam scanning module, therefore eliminating complexities related to object detection and classification procedures involved in image processing. Consequently, the LiDAR sensor scans only the portions of the scene that are changing in real-time, reducing overall latency.
I have no idea really however I didn’t think we had a connection with Luminar ?. I am far from knowledgeable on this and believe you have a far better understanding of how we maybe involved.
Fingers crossed that we are through a third party maybe ? 🤞

Frangipani

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
I have no idea really however I didn’t think we had a connection with Luminar ?. I am far from knowledgeable on this and believe you have a far better understanding of how we maybe involved.
Fingers crossed that we are through a third party maybe ? 🤞

@Smoothsailing

MB bought a large portion of Luminar a few years back. My thoughts are they are using Valeo until they have completed and certified Luminars LiDAR to level 3.

MB are already working on implementing Akida into their vehicles. Again my thoughts but using Akida in their MMA solution throughout the vehicle is a possibility.

With the no of chips throughout a car it would make Brainchip profitable. Unfortunately they are not small projects and therefore takes time!

With MB bringing out the new MBUX I’m hoping we should start to see a trickle of revenue soonish!

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
@Smoothsailing

MB bought a large portion of Luminar a few years back. My thoughts are they are using Valeo until they have completed and certified Luminars LiDAR to level 3.

MB are already working on implementing Akida into their vehicles. Again my thoughts but using Akida in their MMA solution throughout the vehicle is a possibility.

With the no of chips throughout a car it would make Brainchip profitable. Unfortunately they are not small projects and therefore takes time!

With MB bringing out the new MBUX I’m hoping we should start to see a trickle of revenue soonish!
1000015782.jpg
1000015779.jpg

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
1000015785.jpg

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

JB49