BRN Discussion Ongoing

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

jla

Regular
Well there have been a lot of posts this afternoon from lots of people all saying you need to vote or else it's wasted, it's so easy to vote so why wouldn't you anyway.
Yes I have voted, But was interested what she had to say, Seen there has been a lot of post about it.

Reactions: 2 users

JDelekto

Regular
Hey JDelekto, hopefully you can sort this out and if you do, post it on here, so it can be shared amongst others in your position.

BrainChip, has shareholders around the World and this is going to be more and more the way things go, as the Company progresses.

So these kind of things need to be worked out properly.

BrainChip is a Global Company, listed on the backwater ASX.

NASDAQ though, now looks at least 2 or 3 years off, until we are making sound financial progress.
Thank you @DingoBorat, If I get a resolution, I will post it here. I should point out that the last time I got assistance from Fidelity, it took around 5 business days to get the documents which arrived too late. I have a feeling this is going to happen again.

Also, I keep seeing posts about May 19th being the last day to vote, but I think this may have been misinterpreted. I believe the voting would continue until the close of the meeting. While I would confirm this with Tony Dawe, here is the text that appears in the Notice of Annual General Meeting (emphasis mine):

"The Directors have determined pursuant to regulation 7.11.37 of the Corporations Regulations 2001 (Cth) that the persons eligible to vote at the Meeting are those who are registered as Shareholders at 7.00pm (AEST) on 19 May 2024."

Regulation 7.11.37 notes that the convener can determine that the securities are held for a time specified before the meeting, but cannot be more than 48 hours before the meeting. This would explain why they require people to have held the security by the 19th of May, which falls within that 48-hour window.

I interpret this as meaning that a person must own qualifying shares by that deadline (and possibly have registered on the Boardroom Pty, Ltd. site) to participate in the voting process. It doesn't say that one's vote must be made by that deadline, but only that a person must be a registered shareholder that owns the security by then.

I am going to clarify this with Tony Dawe, because if voters do have up until the close of the AGM vote, they may want to decide during the AGM when it is being presented.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Well there have been a lot of posts this afternoon from lots of people all saying you need to vote or else it's wasted, it's so easy to vote so why wouldn't you anyway.
I think it is one of three outcomes…you vote Yes goes into the 'voted for' column…. Vote No goes into the 'Voted against' column …. if you don’t vote you go into the Abstain column 😎

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Thank you @DingoBorat, If I get a resolution, I will post it here. I should point out that the last time I got assistance from Fidelity, it took around 5 business days to get the documents which arrived too late. I have a feeling this is going to happen again.

Also, I keep seeing posts about May 19th being the last day to vote, but I think this may have been misinterpreted. I believe the voting would continue until the close of the meeting. While I would confirm this with Tony Dawe, here is the text that appears in the Notice of Annual General Meeting (emphasis mine):

"The Directors have determined pursuant to regulation 7.11.37 of the Corporations Regulations 2001 (Cth) that the persons eligible to vote at the Meeting are those who are registered as Shareholders at 7.00pm (AEST) on 19 May 2024."

Regulation 7.11.37 notes that the convener can determine that the securities are held for a time specified before the meeting, but cannot be more than 48 hours before the meeting. This would explain why they require people to have held the security by the 19th of May, which falls within that 48-hour window.

I interpret this as meaning that a person must own qualifying shares by that deadline (and possibly have registered on the Boardroom Pty, Ltd. site) to participate in the voting process. It doesn't say that one's vote must be made by that deadline, but only that a person must be a registered shareholder that owns the security by then.

I am going to clarify this with Tony Dawe, because if voters do have up until the close of the AGM vote, they may want to decide during the AGM when it is being presented.
I think it is by 19th May if you are voting online, the email I received states:

“Your proxy vote needs to be received by 11.00am (Sydney time) on Sunday, 19th of May to be valid.”

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Motty

Ring them direct asap is your best bet.
Some funds apparently allow their members to direct proxies but many don't.
The funds actually own the shares, not the members.
The funds explain it as holding for the members beneficial interest.
You may also find they have time windows within which you need to act and given the proximity of the event you're likely screwed.
But, who knows? Ring them direct and ask.
Hop, there in lies the problem in my eyes. The funds become large proxy voters and may well have the 25% they need. I also believe they only need 25% of all votes lodged not 25 % of shares on issue. I may be wrong but this is why it’s important for everyone to vote as they would not have 25% of shares on issue. Does that make sense?

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

DK6161

Regular
I can sense that there might be a bloodbath following the 2nd strike : |
Love the potential of this company, but hate the progress of product developments from our customers (and there is nothing we can do about it) and of course lack of update for us shareholders. I am considering pulling the rigger and selling it all before the AGM if nothing substantial is announced before then. God help me on Monday/Tuesday

Not advice

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Love the potential of this company, but hate the progress of product developments from our customers (and there is nothing we can do about it) and of course lack of update for us shareholders. I am considering pulling the rigger and selling it all before the AGM if nothing substantial is announced before then. God help me on Monday/Tuesday

giphy.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users
Gods not going help you DK your on the other side of the coin

• Haha

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
1715849641255.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Hop, there in lies the problem in my eyes. The funds become large proxy voters and may well have the 25% they need. I also believe they only need 25% of all votes lodged not 25 % of shares on issue. I may be wrong but this is why it’s important for everyone to vote as they would not have 25% of shares on issue. Does that make sense?
I understand what you're saying but stopped worrying about stuff I can't control some time ago.
It is what it is. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 14 users

Kachoo

Regular
Never really heard of Paribas and don't care to find out, but JP Morgan's history is steeped in underhanded practices.

I don't trust any of those big corporations, where money is their only God.
PARIBAS Dingo is owned by Vanguard one of the 2 biggest financial companies. They deal with high net worth individuals. They have been buying hard adding all the time. I think that this is what you would call smart money positioning. IMO we will see. It's not a bad thing They are buying. I did find a link can not find now but a European fund has 30 million shares again the reporting is what I question. But Paribans is still adding.

• Fire
  • Wow
PARIBAS Dingo is owned by Vanguard one of the 2 biggest financial companies. They deal with high net worth individuals. They have been buying hard adding all the time. I think that this is what you would call smart money positioning. IMO we will see. It's not a bad thing They are buying. I did find a link can not find now but a European fund has 30 million shares again the reporting is what I question. But Paribans is still adding.
1715850182778.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Kachoo

Regular
Thank HG,

So those could be in a Parabins account? But I this was the German buyer.

Who is behind this is another question.

From History Mecedese does like to own technology or have a piece of the pie that they use they could be behind this holding its possible. Imo but not fact I could be well off. But who ever in Germany is making this type of position has to have done some strong dd.

Alot of stuff comes out of Europe on the inovation front these days

The Pope

Regular

Not advice
Good to see you back DK6161.
I think you should sell all but you only have until tomorrow so hurry up and please make sure you document in your new article on MF early next week with headline “why I sold the lot”.

Not advice but fingers crossed you do but I will miss you as you won’t have any real reason to visit TSE BRN forum anymore

Just remember “Motley Fool investing expert Scott Phillips just revealed what he believes are the 5 best stocks for investors to buy right now...so have a chat with him as you should have his phone number”

If you don’t have his number I can’t give it to you as I have a NDA on this one.

Wishing you all the best for the future.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Good to see you back DK6161.
I think you should sell all but you only have until tomorrow so hurry up and please make sure you document in your new article on MF early next week with headline “why I sold the lot”.

Not advice but fingers crossed you do but I will miss you as you won’t have any real reason to visit TSE BRN forum anymore

Just remember “Motley Fool investing expert Scott Phillips just revealed what he believes are the 5 best stocks for investors to buy right now...so have a chat with him as you should have his phone number”

If you don’t have his number I can’t give it to you as I have a NDA on this one.

Wishing you all the best for the future.
1389.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha

JDelekto

Regular
I think it is by 19th May if you are voting online, the email I received states:

“Your proxy vote needs to be received by 11.00am (Sydney time) on Sunday, 19th of May to be valid.”
Well, I guess that answers that.

Just out of curiosity, when did you receive that e-mail? I get the newsletters from BrainChip (the last being around April 24th), but I never received any information about the AGM or votes other than through the ASX announcements.

Oddly enough, I never got a call from anyone regarding my vote, as others have mentioned here. I don't know if it is because I reside in the US or my holdings aren't at the threshold they are considering for their polling.

Nevertheless, if the 19th is the deadline for proxy votes, there will be no chance I will get the materials in time, much less be able to vote.

Thank you!

Reactions: 1 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Well, I guess that answers that.

Just out of curiosity, when did you receive that e-mail? I get the newsletters from BrainChip (the last being around April 24th), but I never received any information about the AGM or votes other than through the ASX announcements.

Oddly enough, I never got a call from anyone regarding my vote, as others have mentioned here. I don't know if it is because I reside in the US or my holdings aren't at the threshold they are considering for their polling.

Nevertheless, if the 19th is the deadline for proxy votes, there will be no chance I will get the materials in time, much less be able to vote.

Thank you!
I got the email yesterday. I hadn’t voted so possibly they were sent to people that hadn’t yet voted, or perhaps they were randomly selected, who knows. The email heading was “BrainChip Holdings Ltd - Reminder to vote”.

Reactions: 2 users

Frangipani

Regular
What an intriguing group photo: Our VP of Sales, EMEA, Alf Kuchenbuch, arm in arm with Florian Corgnou and Gregor Lenz, the CEO resp CTO of Neurobus! 😉
I’ve noticed a couple of LinkedIn likes being exchanged in recent weeks, too.

I’d say: stay tuned… 😊

View attachment 62431

https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-415663

“Or was it Gregor Lenz, who left Synsense in mid-2023 to co-found Neurobus (“At Neurobus we’re harnessing the power of neuromorphic computing to transform space technology”) and is also one of the co-founders of the Open Neuromorphic community? He was one of the few live viewers of Cristian Axenie’s January 15 online presentation on the TinyML Vision Zero San Jose Competition (where his TH Nürnberg team, utilising Akida for their event-based visual motion detection and tracking of pedestrians, had come runner-up), and asked a number of intriguing questions about Akida during the live broadcast.”

By the way, Neurobus have had a couple of interesting job openings lately, which have been online for quite a while now (https://jobs.stationf.co/companies/neurobus):

to develop “a mobile EEG headband that can decode brain signals using low-power neuromorphic AI, to monitor mental states such as fatigue or stress”

(payload for satellites)

(Gregor Lenz is an expert in that field!)

(payload for satellites)

Two days ago, neuromorphic space tech start-up Neurobus posted the exact same photo showing their CEO Florian Corgnou and their CTO Gregor Lenz chummy with Alf Kuchenbuch (BrainChip VP of Sales, EMEA) and Gilles Bézard (Senior Software Engineering Manager at BrainChip Toulouse).

What a coincidence (😉) that besides posting a picture featuring all Morpheus ESA workshop participants and another one taken during the Neurobus workshop presentation, they also picked this particular photo showing their CEO & CTO arm in arm with two BrainChip staff members, of all attendees, to illustrate what they mean by “It was an excellent opportunity to showcase our work, share results, and engage with industry leaders, partners, and start-ups.

(Until three months ago, when Neurobus hired their first employee - a research scientist based at their Paris office at STATION F, the world’s biggest start-up campus - the company basically consisted of two people only (Simeon Bamford’s name, who was originally listed as Director of Engineering and Board Member under “Team” on the Neurobus website in September, has since disappeared from the website), namely the two co-founders, acting as CEO resp. CTO, so I assume they personally would still be the ones responsible for the small-staffed start-up’s LinkedIn profile posts, before reposting resp liking said posts as individuals…)

It is looking more and more likely that another collaboration in the space tech sector may be on the event-based horizon… 🚀

4F634F59-398B-40AE-82D7-8FA08EBC3E8B.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
Top Bottom