BRN Discussion Ongoing

Justchilln

Regular
The Teksun edge box should be getting announced any time now, they originally said it was coming up in march ……
Stay tuned IMO

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

mrgds

Regular
After 3 green days, ill take that as another green day, even tho it was a ..........................................

GREY BABY .......................... YEAH :love:

Screenshot (17).png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

jla

Regular
  • Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

Diogenese

Top 20
View attachment 60672

Intel's next-gen Lunar Lake CPUs will be able to run Microsoft's Copilot AI locally thanks to 45 TOPS NPU performance​

News
By Cale Hunt
published 13 hours ago

The new CPUs are expected to deliver more than 100 TOPS total, smashing Meteor Lake's 34 TOPS capability.
Comments (3)
Intel's Pat Gelsinger at Intel Vision 2024's Pat Gelsinger at Intel Vision 2024

(Image credit: Intel)

What you need to know​

• Intel hosted its Vision 2024 event in Phoenix, Arizona this week, where it showed off next-gen Lunar Lake processors and many upcoming AI advancements.
  • It was revealed that the Lunar Lake chips will offer total package performance in the range of 100+ TOPS, with 45 TOPS set aside for the NPU.
  • Intel Core Ultra CPUs from the current Meteor Lake lineup offer about 34 TOPS of performance total, with 10 TOPS for the NPU alone.
  • Microsoft plans to make its AI assistant Copilot run locally on laptops, which will require at least 40 TOPS of NPU performance.

Intel's Vision 2024 event kicked off this week in Phoenix, Arizona, with a major focus on AI and what the company has in store for its next generation of Lunar Lake processors (CPU).

As first reported by Tom's Hardware, Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger revealed that the next-gen Lunar Lake CPUs will have more than 100 TOPS of total package performance for AI tasks, with the NPU getting 45 TOPS on its own.

TOPS stands for "Tera Operations per Second" or "Trillion Operations per Second," and it's currently the standout term being used to approximately measure the expected AI performance in AI PCs. The term ties in directly with the Neural Processing Unit (NPU), which is a new PC component optimized specifically to handle AI tasks.

Intel Core Ultra processor with NPU

(Image credit: Windows Central)

With Qualcomm's Snapdragon X Elite CPU offering 45 TOPS of NPU performance and 75 TOPS total across the chip, it's unsurprising that Intel was quick to give an update on next-gen Lunar Lake capabilities.

Its Meteor Lake CPUs — like the Core Ultra chips we're seeing in the best laptops available today — top out at 34 TOPS total package performance (with the CPU, GPU, and NPU portions counted together), with just 10 TOPS carved out for the NPU alone.

On AMD's side, its Ryzen 8040-series mobile chips have an NPU with 16 TOPS; that number goes up to 39 TOPS for the whole package. AMD is also hard at work, boosting its AI performance to keep up with the competition. It's expected that its next-gen "Strix Point" mobile CPUs will offer up to three times as much AI performance thanks to a new XDNA 2 NPU, as revealed in December at AMD's Advancing AI event.

Intel, AMD, and Qualcomm are clearly putting a lot of emphasis on AI performance as measured by TOPS, and for good reason. AI PCs are all the rage right now, and AI features will continue to embed themselves in the devices we use every day. I don't think it's yet time to rush out and buy an AI PC, but it's clear that things are only going to heat up as we move forward.
Do we get the E-Pissel according to Donald with the helmet?

Akida could enhance the message with software-defined-communioncations.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
View attachment 60672

Intel's next-gen Lunar Lake CPUs will be able to run Microsoft's Copilot AI locally thanks to 45 TOPS NPU performance​

News
By Cale Hunt
published 13 hours ago

The new CPUs are expected to deliver more than 100 TOPS total, smashing Meteor Lake's 34 TOPS capability.
Comments (3)
Intel's Pat Gelsinger at Intel Vision 2024's Pat Gelsinger at Intel Vision 2024

(Image credit: Intel)

What you need to know​

• Intel hosted its Vision 2024 event in Phoenix, Arizona this week, where it showed off next-gen Lunar Lake processors and many upcoming AI advancements.
  • It was revealed that the Lunar Lake chips will offer total package performance in the range of 100+ TOPS, with 45 TOPS set aside for the NPU.
  • Intel Core Ultra CPUs from the current Meteor Lake lineup offer about 34 TOPS of performance total, with 10 TOPS for the NPU alone.
  • Microsoft plans to make its AI assistant Copilot run locally on laptops, which will require at least 40 TOPS of NPU performance.

Intel's Vision 2024 event kicked off this week in Phoenix, Arizona, with a major focus on AI and what the company has in store for its next generation of Lunar Lake processors (CPU).

As first reported by Tom's Hardware, Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger revealed that the next-gen Lunar Lake CPUs will have more than 100 TOPS of total package performance for AI tasks, with the NPU getting 45 TOPS on its own.

TOPS stands for "Tera Operations per Second" or "Trillion Operations per Second," and it's currently the standout term being used to approximately measure the expected AI performance in AI PCs. The term ties in directly with the Neural Processing Unit (NPU), which is a new PC component optimized specifically to handle AI tasks.

Intel Core Ultra processor with NPU

(Image credit: Windows Central)

With Qualcomm's Snapdragon X Elite CPU offering 45 TOPS of NPU performance and 75 TOPS total across the chip, it's unsurprising that Intel was quick to give an update on next-gen Lunar Lake capabilities.

Its Meteor Lake CPUs — like the Core Ultra chips we're seeing in the best laptops available today — top out at 34 TOPS total package performance (with the CPU, GPU, and NPU portions counted together), with just 10 TOPS carved out for the NPU alone.

On AMD's side, its Ryzen 8040-series mobile chips have an NPU with 16 TOPS; that number goes up to 39 TOPS for the whole package. AMD is also hard at work, boosting its AI performance to keep up with the competition. It's expected that its next-gen "Strix Point" mobile CPUs will offer up to three times as much AI performance thanks to a new XDNA 2 NPU, as revealed in December at AMD's Advancing AI event.

Intel, AMD, and Qualcomm are clearly putting a lot of emphasis on AI performance as measured by TOPS, and for good reason. AI PCs are all the rage right now, and AI features will continue to embed themselves in the devices we use every day. I don't think it's yet time to rush out and buy an AI PC, but it's clear that things are only going to heat up as we move forward.
In the olden days, wheat was loaded in bushel bags and carried in board ship by navvies/stevedores - that's TOPS.

Nowadays wheat is bulk-loaded. That's NNs.

Winnowing and grinding the wheat and just sending the flour, that's SNN.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I think one of the reasons he is posting there, is because of the potentially larger exposure to his posts.

Which is better for us, as far as new investor interest.
Ironically, he would receive many more likes and exposure here..

BrainChip, is considered just another "also-ran" over there now.

The long drawn out journey, to what will be an "overnight success" has worn the multitudes down, on that forum.

But, BrainChip and AKIDA, are not also-rans.

Many of us, can feel that the pot has been brought to the front burner and it's on high and getting close to boiling.

When seriously good things start bubbling over in earnest, we will start to see the true value of our investment taking place.

It definitely won't be measured in cents.
... but, alas, we are suffering from watched-pot-syndrome ...

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
🧠 🍟 share price....

Esq.

• Haha
... but, alas, we are suffering from watched-pot-syndrome ...
Yes, it seems like it's taking forever..

But it is in fact, just the Time it takes, for a Revolution, to unfold.

Yeah the song doesn't "really" fit, but I like it 😛

In reality, A.I. (not specifically what we're selling) is going to cause more poverty and struggle, lengthening the unemployment lines..
For those who want more than the government provides them, anyway..

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love

Luppo71

Founding Member

In reality, A.I. (not specifically what we're selling) is going to cause more poverty and struggle, lengthening the unemployment lines..

Hi DB,

I think the difference AI can make to reduce costs for industry can be huge and therefore lower the costs of many things.
Big problem is most companies would rather increase their margins than lower costs to help anyone out which will make things much worse .
Imagine Elons robots in years to come that can be trained better than any plumber and costs much less an hour and then spread this across every industry.
Maybe a few years away still but will be interesting times ahead.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Diogenese

Top 20

That is why Simon Thorpe advocates a universal basic income.

Frangipani

Regular
Ok, Maybe “Brainchip” is a unown city somewhere in this world?? Think about it … he said “from” brainchip not “working at brainchip” 🫵

Just kidding you’re right! It’s possible! I was yesterday just a quick checking the thread here and in the German forum. And I thought the user there had a good point regarding “brainchip guest” . Thanks for your clarifying!👍

You’re welcome!

However, I couldn’t help but notice that although you’ve since posted several times both here and in the German forum, you still haven’t found the time (or didn’t find it necessary?) to clear up some of the BörsenNEWS Forum posters’ misconceptions (eg that Jonathan Tapson was visiting either BrainChip’s or Frontgrade Gaisler’s booth at the embedded world 2024 in Nürnberg) and also let them know that JT was indeed working for BrainChip when meeting up with Sandi Habinc at the Space Symposium’s Exhibit Center in Colorado Springs.

After all, it’s been more than eight hours since @mrgds posted here in this thread that our company’s IR Dept had confirmed this to be a part-time consultancy engagement…

9EFA1AF7-8F0D-4B87-BC33-15AEC9D05C7D.jpeg

Here, let me fix it for you then… 😊
(Obviously this won’t help those BN Forum posters and readers not following TSE, but since I am just a silent reader over there, somebody else will need to fill them in on those facts…)

9A2BA56C-6F9A-4629-A16E-269C84F92C12.jpeg

• Fire
Hi DB,

I think the difference AI can make to reduce costs for industry can be huge and therefore lower the costs of many things.
Big problem is most companies would rather increase their margins than lower costs to help anyone out which will make things much worse .
Imagine Elons robots in years to come that can be trained better than any plumber and costs much less an hour and then spread this across every industry.
Maybe a few years away still but will be interesting times ahead.
Trades and services are safe, for a long while at least..

It's the office boys and girls, sitting on their bums, that should be worried..

Reactions: 3 users
Last edited:
  • Haha

7für7

Regular
You’re welcome!

However, I couldn’t help but notice that although you’ve since posted several times both here and in the German forum, you still haven’t found the time (or didn’t find it necessary?) to clear up some of the BörsenNEWS Forum posters’ misconceptions (eg that Jonathan Tapson was visiting either BrainChip’s or Frontgrade Gaisler’s booth at the embedded world 2024 in Nürnberg) and also let them know that JT was indeed working for BrainChip when meeting up with Sandi Habinc at the Space Symposium’s Exhibit Center in Colorado Springs.

After all, it’s been more than eight hours since @mrgds posted here in this thread that our company’s IR Dept had confirmed this to be a part-time consultancy engagement…

View attachment 60683

Here, let me fix it for you then… 😊
(Obviously this won’t help those BN Forum posters and readers not following TSE, but since I am just a silent reader over there, somebody else will need to fill them in on those facts…)

View attachment 60685
Thanks! Done!

And yes I have indeed other priorities in life than clarify this topic 😬! I think brainchip will continue its path. With or without my clarification. And I’m glad there are so many hard working bees in the TSE Forum! This should be fine I guess 😌✌️

Last edited:
  • Fire

Flenton

Regular
Please put me in my place if it is impossible for brainchip to be involved here.

....Google Introduces Arm-Based Data Center Processor​

Axion processors combine Google's silicon expertise with Arm's highest performing CPU cores to deliver instances with up to 30% better performance than the fastest general-purpose Arm-based instances available in the cloud today," Vahdat said.

Better yet, Axion chips offer up to 50% better performance and up to 60% better energy-efficiency than comparable current-generation x86-based instances, he said.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
  • Fire

cosors

👀
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Frangipani

Regular
Less than four hours to liftoff 🚀, pardon, to the podcast going online… 🛰

Edit: Oh no, yet another typo… 😫 The LinkedIn post says the podcast will be available online on April 11 (hence today), whereas it says April 16 in the linked text on the BrainChip website… 🤦🏼‍♀️

78633BAE-72F9-41DF-BD67-BC5E549D22EC.jpeg

Exploring SpaceTech Robotics with ANT61 in Latest ‘This is Our Mission’ Podcast​

Laguna Hills, Calif. – April 11, 2024 – BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI, invites you to a conversation with ANT61 Founder and CEO Mikhail Asavkin on the latest “This is Our Mission” podcast. Hosted by Dr. Tony Lewis, BrainChip’s chief technology officer, the podcast will be available April 16, 2024, at 3 p.m. PDT on BrainChip’s website and across popular podcast platforms.

Asavkin founded ANT61 in 2021 on a mission to extend the life of critical space assets that humanity depends on today and in the future. Over the years, he has assembled a team of young space engineers who delivered several satellite hardware products designed and manufactured in Sydney, Australia. Before founding ANT61, Asavkin worked on large satellite constellations and technological businesses in the UK and the US.

He joins the BrainChip podcast to discuss space technology and how far it has come in the past decade; space robotics infrastructure and difficulties maintaining it; and how neuromorphic AI addresses the challenges to enable growth in the SpaceTech industry.

“Mikhail’s childhood was extraordinary; instead of playing with toy trucks, he was surrounded by robots crafted by his grandfather for space exploration. Carrying forward this family heritage, Mikhail has seen the last decade transform with commercial rocket launches becoming routine. Concurrently, Earth has witnessed significant advancements in Artificial Intelligence. Mikhail envisions deploying autonomous AI-Based systems in space to establish the infrastructure essential for human exploration of our solar system. Given space’s hostile and unforgiving nature, these systems must be entirely self-sufficient and exceptionally efficient. Neuromorphic technology is anticipated to be the crucial enabler for operating advanced AI models in the extraterrestrial environment,” said Lewis.

The “This is Our Mission” podcast provides AI industry insight to listeners including users, developers, analysts, technical and financial press, and investors. Past episodes are available at https://brainchip.com/podcast/.

About BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY)

BrainChip is the worldwide leader in Edge AI on-chip processing and learning. The company’s first-to-market, fully digital, event-based AI processor, Akida™ , uses neuromorphic principles to mimic the human brain, analyzing only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition, processing data with unparalleled efficiency, precision, and economy of energy. Akida uniquely enables Edge learning local to the chip, independent of the cloud, dramatically reducing latency while improving privacy and data security. Akida Neural processor IP, which can be integrated into SoCs on any process technology, has shown substantial benefits on today’s workloads and networks, and offers a platform for developers to create, tune and run their models using standard AI workflows like Tensorflow/Keras. In enabling effective Edge compute to be universally deployable across real world applications such as connected cars, consumer electronics, and industrial IoT,
BrainChip is proving that on-chip AI, close to the sensor, is the future, for its customers’ products, as well as the planet. Explore the benefits of Essential AI at www.brainchip.com.

Follow BrainChip on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/BrainChip_inc
Follow BrainChip on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/7792006

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users
Top Bottom