BRN Discussion Ongoing

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Morning RobjHunt,

Certainly not helping.

Be good to have @Yak52 back on line , he was rather good at deciphering these rubbish trades & general manipulative behaviour.

Regards,
Esq.
Agreed Esqy.. @Yak52 was good with the analytic posts ...Drop by and see us again..:cool:(y)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
Good morning all,

Check out the link below, someone may have already posted this I'm not sure to be honest, but it's great to see that Brainchip
is confirmed as a Gold Sponsor, there are a couple of photos of Rob at last years conference.

On another point, I was in a shop yesterday and I was told that one of Brainchip's customers (singular) is in our next generation, I
walked away and thought, did I just hear that right ? I was talking about shares and this person whom I didn't recognize blurted that out.
Strange, very strange, no company was identified.

Rumors good old rumors. Tech :whistle:

You'ld think, that the mystery "company" has something to do with the Generative A.I. focus, of "AKIDA" 3.0?..

If there is a mystery company and Gen A.I. will be the focus, of the yet to be named, 3rd Generation..

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Chippers ,

This is off topic yet plays into were AKIDA could , and more than likely will be utilised.

BlackRock , who is also a holder in BRN , have the smarts & capitol to truly run a muck on a global scale, and they do.

From memory , TATA ( A BrainChip partner through two separate entity's ) also has division which dabbles in this field.

Contents​

hide

Aladdin (BlackRock)​

2 languages
Tools

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aladdin
Aladdin (Asset, Liability and Debt and Derivative Investment Network)[1] is an electronic system built by BlackRock Solutions, the risk management division of the largest investment management corporation, BlackRock, Inc. In 2013, it handled about $11 trillion in assets (including BlackRock's $4.1 trillion assets), which was about 7% of the world's financial assets, and kept track of about 30,000 investment portfolios.[2] As of 2020, Aladdin managed $21.6 trillion in assets.[3]
Senior Managing Director Sudhir Nair is the current Global Head of BlackRock's Aladdin program.[4]

Use case[edit]​

One of BlackRock's four data centers where Aladdin is operated is located in Wenatchee, Washington state. The network in Wenatchee consists of around 6000 computers. The software uses these computers to analyze global economic data, stock market prices and numerous other economic factors. For example, sudden changes in government, weather conditions or possible disasters are also taken into account when evaluating portfolios.[5] Aladdin is the analysis system used by BlackRock to evaluate individual investments. Its purpose is to help with risk management and it is not making trades. Aladdin is based on a pool of historical data that uses Monte Carlo simulation to select large, randomly generated samples from the very large number of possible future scenarios. This generates a statistical picture of different scenarios for equities and bonds under different future conditions. A portfolio can also be subjected to a stress test. For example, the impact of a global pandemic or a Lehman Brothers type of insolvency crisis on a portfolio of assets can be simulated in this way.[2] Clients using Aladdin include CalPERS (California Public Employees' Retirement System) with assets of US$260 billion, Deutsche Bank with around €900 billion and Prudential plc with around US$700 billion.[6] The Bank of Israel is also using Aladdin since 2019.[7]

History[edit]​

Aladdin began in 1988 on a single workstation from Sun Microsystems. Purchased by Charles Hallac (1964-2015), this workstation stood between a refrigerator and a coffee machine in the company's one-room office at the time. Hallac is regarded as the initial architect of Aladdin.[8][9][10] The first mathematical models for Aladdin were developed by Hallac and Benett W. Golub. Among other things, these were models for mortgage securities (collateralized mortgage obligations, CMOs), which were a new financial product at the time. Aladdin's first major deployment was in 1994 for an order from General Electric (GE).[11] BlackRock was asked to analyze the problematic mortgage portfolio of the investment bank Kidder, Peabody & Co, which had been a GE subsidiary since 1986. At the time, the portfolio was considered one of the most complex in the world. With the help of Aladdin, BlackRock was able to complete this order without any problems and Kidder, Peabody & Co was sold to Paine Webber in the same year. Golub and other BlackRock employees realized that the analyses and models originally created using Aladdin for their own purposes were also of interest to clients. A new business division was created and in 2000 the use of Aladdin was officially offered to clients.
As a result of the 2007–2008 financial crisis, risk management became a focal point for financial investments. Very few asset managers had the appropriate personnel and expertise for this. BlackRock's offer to use Aladdin's analysis tools and databases for risk assessment met market demand and brought BlackRock a very broad customer base.[12] The financial crisis and Aladdin played a significant role in BlackRock's dominant market position today. The US government also placed its trust in Aladdin's risk management during the financial crisis[13] and handed over "toxic assets" worth US$ 130 billion to the financial services provider for management.[14] These "junk securities" came from the government and the US Federal Reserve, from the liquidation of Bear Stearns and American International Group. In the further course of the financial crisis, BlackRock was allowed to value the balance sheet items of the now nationalized mortgage banks Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and manage the repurchase of mortgage-backed securities for the US Federal Reserve in the amount of US$ 1.25 trillion. The government contracts, including those from the UK and Greece, gave BlackRock access to information that in turn flowed into Aladdin.

Popular references[edit]​

Adam Curtis's 2016 documentary HyperNormalisation cites the Aladdin system as an example of how modern technocrats attempt to manage the complications of the real world.

Technology[edit]​

Aladdin uses the following technologies: Linux, Java, Hadoop, Docker, Kubernetes, Zookeeper, Splunk, ELK Stack, Apache, Nginx, Sybase ASE, Snowflake,[15] Cognos, FIX, Swift object storage, REST, AngularJS, TREP.[citation needed]
It was built/upgraded using Julia, i.e. "analytics modules for" were written in Julia.[16][17] It has also been reported that it was written originally in C++, Java and Perl.[18]

See also[edit]​

References[edit]​

1. ^ "BlackRock: The $4.3 trillion force". Fortune. 7 July 2014. Retrieved 6 November 2015.
  2. ^ Jump up to:a b "The monolith and the markets". The Economist. economist.com. 7 December 2013. Retrieved 6 November 2015.
  3. ^ Rebecca Ungarino. Here are 9 fascinating facts to know about BlackRock, the world's largest asset manager popping up in the Biden administration, Business Insider, December 30, 2020
  4. ^ "Sudhir Nair". BlackRock. Retrieved 2022-12-12.
  5. ^ "Millionenstrafe für Blackrock – DW – 20.03.2015". dw.com (in German). Retrieved 2024-03-21.
  6. ^ "Prudential's fund arms to use BlackRock's Aladdin platform". Reuters. Retrieved 2024-03-21.
  7. ^ "Risk management technology: BlackRock's Aladdin Risk - Central Banking". www.centralbanking.com. 2022-03-31. Retrieved 2024-03-21.
  8. ^ "BlackRock executive Charles Hallac dies at 50". www.ft.com. Retrieved 2024-03-21.
  9. ^ "Charles Hallac, BlackRock's Co-President, Dies at 50". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2024-03-21.
  10. ^ "Charles Hallac (In Memoriam)". BlackRock. Retrieved 2024-03-21.
  11. ^ "At BlackRock, a Wall Street Rock Star's $5 Trillion Comeback". New York Times. Retrieved 2024-03-21.
  12. ^ Buchter, Heike (2015-08-17). BlackRock: Eine heimliche Weltmacht greift nach unserem Geld (in German). Campus Verlag. ISBN 978-3-593-50458-2.
  13. ^ "The Fed Asks for BlackRock's Help in an Echo of 2008". New York Times. Retrieved 2024-03-21.
  14. ^ Andrews, Suzanna. "Larry Fink's $12 Trillion Shadow". Vanity Fair.
  15. ^ "BlackRock To Launch the "Aladdin Data Cloud" Powered by Snowflake". BlackRock. Retrieved 2022-12-12.
  16. ^ "BlackRock Analytics Platform". juliacomputing.com. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
  17. ^ "BlackRock's Julia-Powered Aladdin Platform Featured in New York Times – Julia Computing". juliacomputing.com. 2019-08-10. Archived from the original on 2019-08-10.
  18. ^ At Blackrock, machines are rising over managers to pick stocks (nytimes.com) Y Combinator

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users
Just a quick one for someone in the know.
If a trade is completed at the exact same time does that mean that the same entity has made that purchase??
ie - re the attached, was the 6 trades at the 12 second mark 1 buy order?

Time.PNG

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users
Akida is optional.... like the others as well.

View attachment 60571

BrainShit@thestockexchange:~$ sudo su
update msg prev DingoBorat
Yes! Spot on 👍

Watching the clip again, the Unigen chap was using the Hailo A.I. module "in this (that) particular device".

Why were they pushing the Hailo option, in their demonstration and not one of the others, more particularly, BrainChip!

Maybe they rotate the options?

Maybe Rob or Steve, needs to stuff some notes into his shirt pocket, as Hailo reps, may have already done this?

Hailo, is probably the most well known option and may be, why it's at the top of the list?..

This is where marketing, perhaps by BrainChip, of the comparative advantages of AKIDA, over the other options, can be important.

Maybe a paid article/s in some top level Tech media channels/websites?..

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Just a quick one for someone in the know.
If a trade is completed at the exact same time does that mean that the same entity has made that purchase??
ie - re the attached, was the 6 trades at the 12 second mark 1 buy order?

View attachment 60580
My understanding is that the order for 44000 shares was met by aggregating parcels from 6 sellers.

Peculiar that what looks like the last 2 sales for 0.365 (4 shares each) appear to have dropped the price, but the SP will do what the bots tell it to do.

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Morning Baron Von Ricta ,

Beyond my pay grade , though i do know large firms have their trading computers next to the ASX computer.

As has been discussed here in the past these trading computers are lightning quick and execute many trades within the blink of an eye , so theoretically these micro trades could be one firms computers offsetting anothers , all within a FRACTION of a second .

Hence they can and do generally dictate how the chart is drawn , up or down.

For this reason , generally i only look at the Volume Traded , as this cannot be disguised .

Regards ,
Esq.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

RobjHunt

Regular
Yes! Spot on 👍

Watching the clip again, the Unigen chap was using the Hailo A.I. module "is this (that) particular device".

Why were they pushing the Hailo option, in their demonstration and not one of the others, more particularly, BrainChip!

Maybe they rotate the options?

Maybe Rob or Steve, needs to stuff some notes into his shirt pocket, as Hailo reps, may have already done this?

Hailo, is probably the most well known option and may be, why it's at the top of the list?..

This is where marketing, perhaps by BrainChip, of the comparative advantages of AKIDA, over the other options, can be important.

Maybe a paid article/s in some top level Tech media channels/websites?..
Too bloody right. Righto, I’m calling 60 Minutes 😉

• Haha
  • Fire

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Tony Coles

Regular
Those 1dollar trades are trying to hold us back right? Esqy?
Nah! Not holding us back, i’m just topping up what i can afford. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Damo4

Regular
Latest Arm Newsletter, very interesting

Arm Newsletter - April
Arm Announces New Automotive Technologies to Accelerate Development of AI-enabled Vehicles by up to Two Years

Arm and our ecosystem unveiled the latest Arm Automotive Enhanced (AE) processors, future Arm Compute Subsystems (CSS) for Automotive, and virtual platforms.
  • New safety-enabled Arm Automotive Enhanced (AE) processors will bring leading-edge Armv9 and server-class performance to AI-driven use cases
  • Future Arm Compute Subsystems (CSS) for Automotive will further reduce development time and cost, providing maximum flexibility for high-performance automotive systems
  • For the first time, the Arm ecosystem can develop software on virtual prototyping solutions for the automotive market ahead of physical silicon being available, accelerating development cycles by up to two years

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 22 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Hi @Diogenese,

Have you by any chance had a moment to look into Rebellions Inc's patents?

Rebellions have chosen Arteris FlexNoC interconnect IP for their new NPU.

Arteris and Arm are partners. BrainChip and Arm are partners. BrainChip's Chairman Mr Antonio Viana is also currently serving on the Board of Directors at Arteris.

Here's hoping you'll hit me up with some good news, rather than hitting me over the noggin with your ogre club.🙏

Rebellions Selects Arteris for Its Next-Generation Neural Processing Unit Aimed at Generative AI​

Arteris’ FlexNoC interconnect IP and Magillem SoC integration software enable superior performance and efficient customization of AI inference chips for the emerging Generative AI market and other AI applications​

April 09, 2024 08:45 ET| Source: Arteris, Inc.Follow

CAMPBELL, Calif., April 09, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Arteris, Inc. (Nasdaq: AIP), a leading provider of system IP which accelerates system-on-chip (SoC) creation, today announced that Rebellions, a pioneering AI semiconductor startup, will deploy FlexNoC interconnect IP plus Magillem Connectivity and Magillem Registers for its next-generation AI Hardware Accelerator Neural Processing Unit. The combination of Rebellions AI technology with Arteris’ system IP will provide maximum flexibility and energy efficiency, and enable companies to create powerful, cost-efficient AI hardware at scale.
Rebellions’ products increase data execution with minimum power consumption. They are addressing the needs of latency-critical AI inference applications from Generative AI and Large Language Models, supporting finance and cloud computing industries with their cutting-edge chips. Rebellions is also developing its next-generation chip in collaboration with Samsung.
“We selected Arteris interconnect IP technology and SoC integration software to optimize product performance, minimize latency and accelerate the creation and delivery of our AI accelerator,” said Park SungHyun, CEO of Rebellions. “Arteris is a leader in system IP and their FlexNoC interconnect IP and Magillem software are synergistic with our vision for the future of AI computing.”
“The market for AI, including Generative AI applications, is exploding and optimized data flow and execution is paramount for complex computations,” said K. Charles Janac, president and CEO of Arteris. “Our silicon-proven IP coupled with our SoC integration automation software will support Rebellions in delivering high-performing, energy-efficient AI products with aggressive time-to-market targets. We are very pleased to work with such a visionary AI startup.“
Arteris’ FlexNoC network-on-chip interconnect IP provides scalability, low latency and power-efficient on-chip communication for superior performance. Arteris’ Magillem Connectivity combined with Magillem Registers software automates semiconductor design flows, boosting productivity and improving quality with early error detection. Arteris system IP products enable fast, flexible and energy-efficient SoC creation, meeting the performance and schedule needs in the most demanding markets.
About Arteris
Arteris is a leading provider of system IP for the acceleration of system-on-chip (SoC) development across today’s electronic systems. Arteris network-on-chip (NoC) interconnect IP and SoC integration technology enable higher product performance with lower power consumption and faster time to market, delivering better SoC economics so its customers can focus on dreaming up what comes next. Learn more at arteris.com.
About Rebellions
Rebellions is an AI Chip startup specializing in an AI inference accelerator where better latency makes a difference. Within three years of its inception, the company has introduced two groundbreaking chips: the finance market-focused ION and the datacenter-focused ATOM. Currently, Rebellions is engaged in a collaboration with Samsung Electronics to advance the development of its forthcoming AI chip, REBEL, paving the way for advanced technology in the era of generative AI.
© 2004-2024 Arteris, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide. Arteris, Arteris IP, the Arteris IP logo, and the other Arteris marks found at https://www.arteris.com/trademarks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Arteris, Inc. or its subsidiaries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 21 users

Jumpchooks

Regular

Is this relevant to Brainchip?

By the way, Appen SP is recovering from a breach in a NDA about a month ago.
  • Post #80,282 Mar 14, 2024

Attachments

• 240314 APX_Withdrawal-of-Innodata's-non-binding-indicative-proposal (7).PDF
    44.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

hotty4040

Regular
Morning RobjHunt,

Certainly not helping.

Be good to have @Yak52 back on line , he was rather good at deciphering these rubbish trades & general manipulative behaviour.

Regards,
Esq.
Mmm I wonder what happened to Yak52, also, he was very knowledgeable about stuff. Curious to know why he disappeared, can anyone help with this one ?

Akida Ballista >>>>> I do believe we are progressing, slowly, but surely !! A crucial insight ( someone ) please, soon ;) <<<<<

There's a lot happening, I must admit - confess, at this moment in time though. Gives me confidence for the future.

I do miss FF's words of wisdom on this forum at times, I'm sure many do. Come back FF, forgive and forget, it's easy to do.

hotty...

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Mmm I wonder what happened to Yak52, also, he was very knowledgeable about stuff. Curious to know why he disappeared, can anyone help with this one ?

Akida Ballista >>>>> I do believe we are progressing, slowly, but surely !! A crucial insight ( someone ) please, soon ;) <<<<<

There's a lot happening, I must admit - confess, at this moment in time though. Gives me confidence for the future.

I do miss FF's words of wisdom on this forum at times, I'm sure many do. Come back FF, forgive and forget, it's easy to do.

hotty...
Hi Hotty.
I dunno whether Yak was all he claimed to be with his extensive knowledge of professional trading etc, but he certainly was a volatile individual prone to explosive verdicts on his fellow travellers and seemed to particularly enjoy disputation over opinion.
I think he was primarily interested in trading the stock and perhaps became disillusioned during our long and depressing share price decline over the past number of years.
I can certainly understand that.
I vaguely remember him stating that he was needing to finance a restaurant he and his partner were establishing and so figure he sold out and put his money and attention there. Pure speculation on my part.
We have seen many a character rise and fall on both these and the crapper threads o'er these many years.
I still miss Bert 'n Ernie. 🤣

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Jefwilto

Regular
Hi Hotty.
I dunno whether Yak was all he claimed to be with his extensive knowledge of professional trading etc, but he certainly was a volatile individual prone to explosive verdicts on his fellow travellers and seemed to particularly enjoy disputation over opinion.
I think he was primarily interested in trading the stock and perhaps became disillusioned during our long and depressing share price decline over the past number of years.
I can certainly understand that.
I vaguely remember him stating that he was needing to finance a restaurant he and his partner were establishing and so figure he sold out and put his money and attention there. Pure speculation on my part.
We have seen many a character rise and fall on both these and the crapper threads o'er these many years.
I still miss Bert 'n Ernie. 🤣
It is my belief that Bert mutated into Dolci 😊

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi @Diogenese,

Have you by any chance had a moment to look into Rebellions Inc's patents?

Rebellions have chosen Arteris FlexNoC interconnect IP for their new NPU.

Arteris and Arm are partners. BrainChip and Arm are partners. BrainChip's Chairman Mr Antonio Viana is also currently serving on the Board of Directors at Arteris.

Here's hoping you'll hit me up with some good news, rather than hitting me over the noggin with your ogre club.🙏

Rebellions Selects Arteris for Its Next-Generation Neural Processing Unit Aimed at Generative AI​

Arteris’ FlexNoC interconnect IP and Magillem SoC integration software enable superior performance and efficient customization of AI inference chips for the emerging Generative AI market and other AI applications​

April 09, 2024 08:45 ET| Source: Arteris, Inc.Follow

CAMPBELL, Calif., April 09, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Arteris, Inc. (Nasdaq: AIP), a leading provider of system IP which accelerates system-on-chip (SoC) creation, today announced that Rebellions, a pioneering AI semiconductor startup, will deploy FlexNoC interconnect IP plus Magillem Connectivity and Magillem Registers for its next-generation AI Hardware Accelerator Neural Processing Unit. The combination of Rebellions AI technology with Arteris’ system IP will provide maximum flexibility and energy efficiency, and enable companies to create powerful, cost-efficient AI hardware at scale.
Rebellions’ products increase data execution with minimum power consumption. They are addressing the needs of latency-critical AI inference applications from Generative AI and Large Language Models, supporting finance and cloud computing industries with their cutting-edge chips. Rebellions is also developing its next-generation chip in collaboration with Samsung.
“We selected Arteris interconnect IP technology and SoC integration software to optimize product performance, minimize latency and accelerate the creation and delivery of our AI accelerator,” said Park SungHyun, CEO of Rebellions. “Arteris is a leader in system IP and their FlexNoC interconnect IP and Magillem software are synergistic with our vision for the future of AI computing.”
“The market for AI, including Generative AI applications, is exploding and optimized data flow and execution is paramount for complex computations,” said K. Charles Janac, president and CEO of Arteris. “Our silicon-proven IP coupled with our SoC integration automation software will support Rebellions in delivering high-performing, energy-efficient AI products with aggressive time-to-market targets. We are very pleased to work with such a visionary AI startup.“
Arteris’ FlexNoC network-on-chip interconnect IP provides scalability, low latency and power-efficient on-chip communication for superior performance. Arteris’ Magillem Connectivity combined with Magillem Registers software automates semiconductor design flows, boosting productivity and improving quality with early error detection. Arteris system IP products enable fast, flexible and energy-efficient SoC creation, meeting the performance and schedule needs in the most demanding markets.
About Arteris
Arteris is a leading provider of system IP for the acceleration of system-on-chip (SoC) development across today’s electronic systems. Arteris network-on-chip (NoC) interconnect IP and SoC integration technology enable higher product performance with lower power consumption and faster time to market, delivering better SoC economics so its customers can focus on dreaming up what comes next. Learn more at arteris.com.
About Rebellions
Rebellions is an AI Chip startup specializing in an AI inference accelerator where better latency makes a difference. Within three years of its inception, the company has introduced two groundbreaking chips: the finance market-focused ION and the datacenter-focused ATOM. Currently, Rebellions is engaged in a collaboration with Samsung Electronics to advance the development of its forthcoming AI chip, REBEL, paving the way for advanced technology in the era of generative AI.
© 2004-2024 Arteris, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide. Arteris, Arteris IP, the Arteris IP logo, and the other Arteris marks found at https://www.arteris.com/trademarks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Arteris, Inc. or its subsidiaries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Hi Bravo,

Looked at Rebellions about 6 weeks ago.

KR20230166352A Processing element and Neural processing device including same and multiplication operation method 20220530

1712728359666.png

The present invention discloses a processing element, a neural processing device including a processing element, and a multiplication operation method using the same.

The processing element uses the first multiplier of the first precision, or uses the first multiplier and the first precision according to the weight register for storing the weight, the input activation register for storing the input activation, and the operation mode signal. It includes
a flexible multiplier that generates result data by multiplying the weight and the input activation using both second multipliers, and a saturating adder that generates partial sums using the result data.

Their thing is using MACs that can accommodate flexible precision (variable length) digits.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
It is my belief that Bert mutated into Dolci 😊
You may be onto something there Jefwilto. I hadn't considered that before but definitely some similarities in style and the timing would be right.
Remember stevo who liked to put up logo's was a BnE devotee but can't recall his attitude towards missus Dolci. 🤣
Another likeable character was a "Mr Technical" or something like that.
Not our Techladen but someone with a very technical bent.
A bit like a very watered down version of our Diogenes, but younger. 🤣

• Haha
Top Bottom