BRN Discussion Ongoing

But surely Jetson has much more experience in space than Akida?
If Hanna Barbera is to be believed, then yes.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
1000013940.jpg
1000013944.jpg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 38 users

7für7

Regular
Is that a post to show us how Bosch is developing solutions with competitors? I don’t think there is any connection to brainchip for this project🧐 unfortunately! It’s not only brainchips akida who can recognise objects… 👀

Microsoft Azur for example

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Is that a post to show us how Bosch is developing solutions with competitors? I don’t think there is any connection to brainchip for this project🧐 unfortunately!
"don’t think there is any connection to brainchip for this project"

Don't you? That's nice
tenor-7.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Now here's on old article dated 20 Sept 2022. It's about NVIDIA's Drive Thor (slated for availability early 2025).

A couple of things that jumped out at me from a fresh read:
  • the need for need powerful edge computing
  • a "next generation GPU"
  • inference performance to be accelerated by up to 9×
  • the new technology reduces cost and power
  • software that improves over time
NVIDIA must have had a good reason to scrap Atlan for Thor. I wonder if AKIDA was the reason?

Nvidia Assembles Its Next-Gen Centralized Car Computer, ‘DRIVE Thor’​

September 20, 2022 by Oliver Peckham
drive-thor-header.fw_-370x290.png

As autonomous vehicles gain more capabilities and more widespread adoption, those vehicles increasingly need powerful edge computing to deliver on their promises. At Nvidia’s fall GTC event today, the company announced its new answer to this need: DRIVE Thor, a centralized car computer for autonomous driving, parking, infotainment, system monitoring and passenger observation. DRIVE Thor replaces DRIVE Atlan (announced last year) in the roadmap and will be the follow-on to DRIVE Orin (currently in production).

DRIVE Thor. Image courtesy of Nvidia.
Nvidia says that DRIVE Thor wields 2,000 teraflops of FP8 computing power — power that comes courtesy of Nvidia’s Grace CPU and “next-generation” GPU. DRIVE Thor will include an inference transformer engine in its GPU’s Tensor Cores — the first AV platform to come equipped with one — which Nvidia says will allow it to accelerate inference performance by up to 9×, with inference, of course, being a critical workload for self-driving vehicles.

DRIVE Thor — which Nvidia calls a “superchip” — will utilize the NVLink-C2C interconnect and will support multi-domain computing in order to separate the processing of crucial functions like automated driving and functions like infotainment. Nvidia says that DRIVE Thor is capable of simultaneously running Linux, QNX and Android, and that multiple DRIVE Thor chips can be connected via the NVLink-C2C interconnect. However, this kind of partitioning isn’t necessary to take advantage of DRIVE Thor: users can devote all of its computing power to a single function — like autonomous driving — if they so choose.

"The amount of new technology in Thor is insane," said Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang during his GTC keynote today. "Thor centralizes numerous computers and simultaneously offers a leap in capability while reducing cost and power. Today, parking, active safety, driver monitoring, camera mirrors, cluster and infotainment are different computers. In the future, these functions will no longer be separate computers, but will be delivered by software that runs on Thor and improves over time."

“The shift to software-defined vehicles with centralized electronic architectures is accelerating, driving a need for more powerful and more energy-efficient compute platforms,” commented Sam Abuelsamid, principal research analyst at Guidehouse Insights.

That “next-generation” GPU mentioned earlier might have clued you in that DRIVE Thor isn’t coming anytime soon — it’s slated for availability in automakers’ 2025 models, like the DRIVE Atlan that it replaces on the roadmap. ZEEKR, an electric vehicle company owned by Geely, has already announced that DRIVE Thor will be included in its next-generation EVs, which are scheduled for production in early 2025. Nvidia says that ZEEKR will be the first customer for DRIVE Thor.

The ZEEKR 001, launched in late 2021. Image courtesy of Nvidia.
“ZEEKR users demand a luxury experience that includes the latest technology and safety features,” said ZEEKR CEO An Conghui. “Nvidia DRIVE Thor will support our mission of providing cutting-edge technology that fulfills the needs of our customers and ensures ZEEKR remains at the forefront of tomorrow’s innovations.”

While ZEEKR will be the first, Nvidia also collected a series of supportive comments from other transportation companies — for instance, the autonomous driving company WeRide. “WeRide has high expectations for Nvidia DRIVE Thor, which will deliver the superior compute power we’re seeking for our WeRide One autonomous driving platform,” said Tony Han, WeRide’s CEO and founder. “This is a significant step forward for WeRide in our efforts to deliver a safe and scalable self-driving fleet that spans robotaxis, mini robobuses, robovans and robo-street sweepers.”

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire

7für7

Regular
  • Love

IloveLamp

Top 20
It’s kind of childish to post an article every time it have to do with AI… 🤷🏻‍♂️ and a bit naive from the investors perspective I have to add
Mate. How about you go and conduct some research before you attack other posters.

I suppose you are clueless regarding the analogy pvdm made about akida identifying plastic bags in front of cars too huh

Read all the posts about bosch and brainchip in the last 4000 pages on tse and then tell me we are not likely involved.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users

7für7

Regular
Mate. How about you go and conduct some research before you go attacking other posters. Read all the posts about bosch and brainchip in the last 4000 pages on tse and then tell me we are not likely involved
Why? Because you didn’t gave me even a normal answer… instead you send me a reel like telling me “shut up dude” … that’s why… give me a mature answer and I will not attack you like you did first! Very easy

Reactions: 2 users

7für7

Regular
Last edited:

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Now here's on old article dated 20 Sept 2022. It's about NVIDIA's Drive Thor (slated for availability early 2025).

A couple of things that jumped out at me from a fresh read:
  • the need for need powerful edge computing
  • a "next generation GPU"
  • inference performance to be accelerated by up to 9×
  • the new technology reduces cost and power
  • software that improves over time
NVIDIA must have had a good reason to scrap Atlan for Thor. I wonder if AKIDA was the reason?

Nvidia Assembles Its Next-Gen Centralized Car Computer, ‘DRIVE Thor’​

September 20, 2022 by Oliver Peckham
drive-thor-header.fw_-370x290.png

As autonomous vehicles gain more capabilities and more widespread adoption, those vehicles increasingly need powerful edge computing to deliver on their promises. At Nvidia’s fall GTC event today, the company announced its new answer to this need: DRIVE Thor, a centralized car computer for autonomous driving, parking, infotainment, system monitoring and passenger observation. DRIVE Thor replaces DRIVE Atlan (announced last year) in the roadmap and will be the follow-on to DRIVE Orin (currently in production).

DRIVE Thor. Image courtesy of Nvidia.
Nvidia says that DRIVE Thor wields 2,000 teraflops of FP8 computing power — power that comes courtesy of Nvidia’s Grace CPU and “next-generation” GPU. DRIVE Thor will include an inference transformer engine in its GPU’s Tensor Cores — the first AV platform to come equipped with one — which Nvidia says will allow it to accelerate inference performance by up to 9×, with inference, of course, being a critical workload for self-driving vehicles.

DRIVE Thor — which Nvidia calls a “superchip” — will utilize the NVLink-C2C interconnect and will support multi-domain computing in order to separate the processing of crucial functions like automated driving and functions like infotainment. Nvidia says that DRIVE Thor is capable of simultaneously running Linux, QNX and Android, and that multiple DRIVE Thor chips can be connected via the NVLink-C2C interconnect. However, this kind of partitioning isn’t necessary to take advantage of DRIVE Thor: users can devote all of its computing power to a single function — like autonomous driving — if they so choose.

"The amount of new technology in Thor is insane," said Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang during his GTC keynote today. "Thor centralizes numerous computers and simultaneously offers a leap in capability while reducing cost and power. Today, parking, active safety, driver monitoring, camera mirrors, cluster and infotainment are different computers. In the future, these functions will no longer be separate computers, but will be delivered by software that runs on Thor and improves over time."

“The shift to software-defined vehicles with centralized electronic architectures is accelerating, driving a need for more powerful and more energy-efficient compute platforms,” commented Sam Abuelsamid, principal research analyst at Guidehouse Insights.

That “next-generation” GPU mentioned earlier might have clued you in that DRIVE Thor isn’t coming anytime soon — it’s slated for availability in automakers’ 2025 models, like the DRIVE Atlan that it replaces on the roadmap. ZEEKR, an electric vehicle company owned by Geely, has already announced that DRIVE Thor will be included in its next-generation EVs, which are scheduled for production in early 2025. Nvidia says that ZEEKR will be the first customer for DRIVE Thor.

The ZEEKR 001, launched in late 2021. Image courtesy of Nvidia.
“ZEEKR users demand a luxury experience that includes the latest technology and safety features,” said ZEEKR CEO An Conghui. “Nvidia DRIVE Thor will support our mission of providing cutting-edge technology that fulfills the needs of our customers and ensures ZEEKR remains at the forefront of tomorrow’s innovations.”

While ZEEKR will be the first, Nvidia also collected a series of supportive comments from other transportation companies — for instance, the autonomous driving company WeRide. “WeRide has high expectations for Nvidia DRIVE Thor, which will deliver the superior compute power we’re seeking for our WeRide One autonomous driving platform,” said Tony Han, WeRide’s CEO and founder. “This is a significant step forward for WeRide in our efforts to deliver a safe and scalable self-driving fleet that spans robotaxis, mini robobuses, robovans and robo-street sweepers.”

Oh, and here's the other thing, there has also been speculation that the Nintendo Switch 2 might be a trimmed down variant of the Thor SoC.

I would need to have a defibrillator on standby if we get to be in the Nintendo Switch 2 shortly followed by NVIDIA's Thor SoC?!

200w (1).gif

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 5.16.35 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

skutza

Regular
I've come to the conclusion that as good as the 1000 eyes are, dot joining us fun, but not material. Unless it's actually saying AKIDA is in it, or there is a connection to anyone we've got a license with, then it's not AKIDA in the product. Just IMO and that's how I see it. Doesn't change my investment or how I will invest in the future. Unless it does have a direct connection, then I'll sell a few investment properties and load the $&#$ up. Then I'll pay the tax man a massive amount of money but enjoy doing so now that AKIDA is on the world stage.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

mrgds

Regular
Oh, and here's the other thing, there has also been speculation that the Nintendo Switch 2 might be a trimmed down variant of the Thor SoC.

I would need to have a defibrillator on standby if we get to be in the Nintendo Switch 2 shortly followed by NVIDIA's Thor SoC?!

View attachment 58584

View attachment 58583
Screenshot (87).png

• Haha

7für7

Regular
Reactions: 4 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Mate. How about you go and conduct some research before you go attacking other posters.

I suppose you are clueless regarding the analogy pvdm made about akida identifying plastic bags in front of cars too huh

Read all the posts about bosch and brainchip in the last 4000 pages on tse and then tell me we are not likely involved.
I once ran over a plastic bag -

,,, did you know the temperature of the muffler is higher than the melting point of plastic -

... more of a hit-and-stick than a hit-and-run.

• Haha
Reactions: 22 users
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

7für7

Regular
Anyway... I wish all the adults here who objectively consider the BrainChip matter all the best! I'm sure BrainChip will find its way. Personally, I don't need to speculate every day when I'm convinced by the company. Official news and their podcasts are enough for me. I find many articles here significant and worthy of being posted. But if you happen to have a different opinion here, you're immediately ignored or denounced. I really have better things to do in life. I'll now be a silent reader again and look forward to FF's return! Have fun to those who have understood my sarcasm and irony so far and have shared my justified objections

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Anyway... I wish all the adults here who objectively consider the BrainChip matter all the best! I'm sure BrainChip will find its way. Personally, I don't need to speculate every day when I'm convinced by the company. Official news and their podcasts are enough for me. I find many articles here significant and worthy of being posted. But if you happen to have a different opinion here, you're immediately ignored or denounced. I really have better things to do in life. I'll now be a silent reader again and look forward to FF's return! Have fun to those who have understood my sarcasm and irony so far and have shared my justified objections
That makes me (and I'm certain a few others) very sad. I hope i didn't offend you. I will miss you immensely and eagerly await your return.
1000013037.gif

(Sarcasm off)

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15 users

7für7

Regular
That makes me (and I'm certain a few others) very sad. I hope i didn't offend you. I will miss you immensely and eagerly await your return. View attachment 58588

(Sarcasm off)
This is exactly how I was imagine you look like! (No sarcasm)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

TECH

Regular
Good Evening...over the last few years, say 3 or more, I challenge any genuine shareholder to name one negative development in our journey to bring Peters brilliant technology to market...Cap Raises are part and parcel of growing a new young company, so don't bother mentioning them.

I can only remember positive developments for years, despite the time involved to this point I believe we have all accepted that this is how the tech industry rolls including the company's executive, we are simply moving forward.

I'll respect your views but honestly I just can't truly remember ANY NEGATIVE DEVELOPMENTS over the last 4 years...we are primed to move into the next phase of commercialization, don't some of you reckon ?

Just something to value within your investment....Tech.
Tired Good Night GIF by Holler Studios

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users
Top Bottom