BRN Discussion Ongoing

Dougie54

Regular

Factfinder ................. if you truly believe that the "tipping point is upon BRN" and "no longer see any risks" ....... then i think 99% of this forum would conside it would be a real shame for all us Tsex"ers to not have you enjoy the ride with us.

Your contributions have allowed many to "keep the faith " ( me included ) over what has turned out to be a long road.

Like many here, im just a "nooob with a dream" and a much bigger technophobe than you profess to be.

If you decide to not return with any posts , just like to say thanks, best of everything to you, your dear wife, grandkids and many a fine woodworking project.

AKIDA BALLISTA ( your coined term will live on ) ❣️
Ditto

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
We’re all in this together. Please be kind to one another.❤️

(3.20 mins)

One life
With each other
Sisters and my brothers

One life
But we’re not the same
We get to carry each other, carry each other

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

rgupta

Regular

cosors

👀
Clearly I am out of step with the current thinking here so I will step away. I am sure you can all get along happily without my aggressive style and fabrications.

This is not a dummy spit but a long term plan to remove myself from posting once I believed the tipping point was upon Brainchip.

I have become tired of the unnecessary speculation and the agendas good, bad and indifferent.

And as for Frangipani go and get some help. (By the way contact Brainchip and ask if they offered engineering as part of the original purchase price rather than as you do use innuendo to support your fallacious arguments.) And yes I was forced to read your obsession after being informed by another post that it was a well reasoned work.

I wish you all the best with your investment in Brainchip however I no longer personally see there is any risk as I said above, so I will get on with other things that are more interesting rather than continuing as you have alleged, to mislead the unsuspecting.

Kind regards
Fact Finder
That's really a great pity and I wish you would make a different decision. Thank you for all your work for us and hopefully we will meet here again sometime. Maybe there is a compromise and you let us know from time to time what your thoughts are regardless of what has been discussed or talked about here?

Looks to me like the different charges went bang and we've lost both?
Hopefully I'm wrong.
Frangi, I would also miss your detective work for us very much.
Somehow it feels like a déjà vu to me.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

charles2

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
IMG_8533.jpeg
IMG_8532.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

KiKi

Regular

Elon Musk: AI will run out of electricity and transformers in 2025​

I've never seen any technology advance faster than this." The chip shortage may be behind us, but AI and EVs are expanding at such a rapacious rate that the world will face supply crunches in electricity and transformers next year, says Elon Musk.

By Loz Blain
March 01, 2024
Elon Musk gave a closing Q&A (albeit a remote one) at the Bosch Connected World conference

Elon Musk gave a closing Q&A (albeit a remote one) at the Bosch Connected World conference
Bosch Connected World conference
VIEW 1 IMAGES

In a dial-in Q&A to close the Bosch Connected World conference, the recent Nobel Peace Prize nominee spoke about self-driving cars and humanoid robots, and hinted at what's coming next from Tesla in electric vehicles – but he clearly wanted to send the clearest possible signal to industry as well: Get going on clean energy generation, and make as many electrical transformers as you can.

Sheep's jolly AI-powered garden bot edges, trims and blows
We'll let Musk take it from here in his own words, lightly edited:

"The artificial intelligence compute coming online appears to be increasing by a factor of 10 every six months. Like, obviously that cannot continue at such a high rate forever, or it'll exceed the mass of the universe, but I've never seen anything like it. The chip rush is bigger than any gold rush that's ever existed.

I think we really are on the edge of probably the biggest technology revolution that has ever existed.
Elon Musk
"I think we really are on the edge of probably the biggest technology revolution that has ever existed. You know, there's supposedly a Chinese curse: 'May you live in interesting times.' Well, we live in the most interesting of times. For a while, it was making me a bit depressed, frankly. I was like, 'Well, will they take over? Will we be useless?' But the way I reconciled myself to this question was: Would I rather be alive to see the AI apocalypse or not? I'm like, I guess I'd like to see this. It's not gonna be boring.

"The constraints on AI compute are very predictable... A year ago, the shortage was chips; neural net chips. Then, it was very easy to predict that the next shortage will be voltage step-down transformers. You've got to feed the power to these things. If you've got 100-300 kilovolts coming out of a utility and it's got to step down all the way to six volts, that's a lot of stepping down.

"My not-that-funny joke is that you need transformers to run transformers. You know, the AI is like... There's this thing called a transformer in AI... I don't know, it's a combination of sort of neural nets... Anyway, they're running out of transformers to run transformers.

"Then, the next shortage will be electricity. They won't be able to find enough electricity to run all the chips. I think next year, you'll see they just can't find enough electricity to run all the chips.

"The simultaneous growth of electric cars and AI, both of which need electricity, both of which need voltage transformers – I think, is creating a tremendous demand for electrical equipment and for electrical power generation."

The idea that the developed world's lights will begin flickering in 2025 because there are so many AIs being trained is pretty remarkable, and if Musk is right, it greatly underscores the need for massive amounts of clean energy, from a variety of different sources, yesterday.

Interesting times, indeed!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
That's really a great pity and I wish you would make a different decision. Thank you for all your work for us and hopefully we will meet here again sometime. Maybe there is a compromise and you let us know from time to time what your thoughts are regardless of what has been discussed or talked about here?

Looks to me like the different charges went bang and we've lost both?
Hopefully I'm wrong.
Frangi, I would also miss your detective work for us very much.
Somehow it feels like a déjà vu to me.

Don't be surprised, I've already mentioned it here or there, I'm feeling fine in the middle because I'm the middle of five 'children'. I think that shaped me a bit when big brother and little sister or big sister and little brother disputed a long time ago; one family but both look at me and await my positioning 🤷‍♂️ That's a sad thing. I'm backing off a bit now because I don't like quarrelling in the family or in this group. It should always be possible to resolve such things through dialogue or calmly ignore.

I for one have often considered deleting my avatar and starting again with a fresh one. It's just a shell, also for my other group in which I can contribute significantly more.

peace
1709412572336.gif

1709412623749.gif

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users

Andy38

The hope of potential generational wealth is real
Hi Fmf,

This is a fantastic Brainchip promo.

Is this the official CES 2024 wrap up that will go to all 135000 attendees? Looks like the contributors are all Turkish.

Arcelik is a Turkish conglomerate. I have something rattling about in the dark recesses about BRN and Turkiye ...
Fridges?

Reactions: 1 users

ndefries

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

skutza

Regular
Haven't even read the whole story but seems the same shit just a different day. Ego is not a dirty word, well unfortunately dealing with some it is. The need to be "Right" can be a little strong in some. Many will just pass over it and move on but sometimes when 2 strong minded individuals butt heads, the fireworks fly.

Just a quick note, I've been guilty in the past of typing on the forum my view but hopefully I've graduated from that. If people don't agree that is okay, but instead of having the fight on the boards, message each other privately. Last time I spat the dummy here, a few people privately messaged me as they didn't want to take the conversation on the boards (in fear of being attacked). But it taught me a lesson, that it can be easily fixed without trying to get the whole forum involved, divided and on "teams!"

I feel the forum is the best place to discuss things, but once you decide to play the man and not the ball or save us all from reading the back and forth that most here likely don't want to read, take it private. (Then don't post those messages here, that's the point of private) Anyway, that's my 2c worth, there is a an easy solution to resolve disagreements, the difference being some just need an audience to do so. Pretty sure 99% here have graduated from high school, lets leave that school yard stuff off the boards? (I'll continue to try my best to do so).

Bring on the rocket ships next week!!!! (Always a good to finish with a mindless ramp!!!)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users
Oh wow!

"Dell, one of the world's largest server makers, has spilled the beans on Nvidia's upcoming AI GPUs, codenamed Blackwell. Apparently, these processors will consume up to 1000 Watts, a 40% increase in power over the prior-gen, requiring Dell to use its engineering ingenuity to cool these GPUs down."

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28 users
You are absolutely right. And in principle, I haven't said anything different from you, just in my own way. We should respect each other, and if you dish it out, you should be able to take it. However, for me personally (just as an example), it doesn't make sense to get involved in nitpicking and arguing with others about who knows more and who doesn't. We're not in kindergarten. And besides, you can send something as a personal message without everyone else knowing about it. Because in that case, you also have to be prepared for others to see things differently and take sides. With a personal message, this discussion wouldn't exist here, and no one would have known about it. So why publish such a novel here?
The trouble with non personal communication is that often there can be 2 or more interpretations.
Like the bloke that went to his Doctor about a sex problem. The Doctor asks him how often he has sex. The bloke says in-frequently. The Doctor says is that one word or two🐒
Respect from anonymous persons is difficult depending on the individuals agenda.
Onward and upward with whoever chooses to board the bus.

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

Teach22

Regular
Hi All,

I've just created a new thread for an NRL footy comp you can join. But I thought I better post it here as well.

Hello Fellow NRL Supporters,

I know its last minute & our first NRL game is on tomorrow at 1.30pm but I thought I would create a NRL Footy Tip comp for us to have a bit of fun.

I made the entry fee $50 buckaroos & we will just pool all those entry fees together at the end as the final prize money so the more that join the bigger the prize money.

I've never created one before so let me know if you have any trouble signing up & paying.

Competition details below.

Competition Name

BrainChips Wen Moon Footy Tips

Competition Link

https://www.footytips.com.au/comps/BrainChips_Wen_Moon_Footy_Tips

Regards
TechGirl
Nice one TechGirl.

I‘m wondering if anyone will be creating a page with odds on how long FF stays away for this time. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

jla

Regular
Nice one TechGirl.

I‘m wondering if anyone will be creating a page with odds on how long FF stays away for this time. 😉
Sounds like you don't want him back.??????

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Elon Musk: AI will run out of electricity and transformers in 2025​

I've never seen any technology advance faster than this." The chip shortage may be behind us, but AI and EVs are expanding at such a rapacious rate that the world will face supply crunches in electricity and transformers next year, says Elon Musk.

By Loz Blain
March 01, 2024

Bosch Connected World conference
VIEW 1 IMAGES

In a dial-in Q&A to close the Bosch Connected World conference, the recent Nobel Peace Prize nominee spoke about self-driving cars and humanoid robots, and hinted at what's coming next from Tesla in electric vehicles – but he clearly wanted to send the clearest possible signal to industry as well: Get going on clean energy generation, and make as many electrical transformers as you can.

Sheep's jolly AI-powered garden bot edges, trims and blows
We'll let Musk take it from here in his own words, lightly edited:

"The artificial intelligence compute coming online appears to be increasing by a factor of 10 every six months. Like, obviously that cannot continue at such a high rate forever, or it'll exceed the mass of the universe, but I've never seen anything like it. The chip rush is bigger than any gold rush that's ever existed.

Elon Musk
"I think we really are on the edge of probably the biggest technology revolution that has ever existed. You know, there's supposedly a Chinese curse: 'May you live in interesting times.' Well, we live in the most interesting of times. For a while, it was making me a bit depressed, frankly. I was like, 'Well, will they take over? Will we be useless?' But the way I reconciled myself to this question was: Would I rather be alive to see the AI apocalypse or not? I'm like, I guess I'd like to see this. It's not gonna be boring.

"The constraints on AI compute are very predictable... A year ago, the shortage was chips; neural net chips. Then, it was very easy to predict that the next shortage will be voltage step-down transformers. You've got to feed the power to these things. If you've got 100-300 kilovolts coming out of a utility and it's got to step down all the way to six volts, that's a lot of stepping down.

"My not-that-funny joke is that you need transformers to run transformers. You know, the AI is like... There's this thing called a transformer in AI... I don't know, it's a combination of sort of neural nets... Anyway, they're running out of transformers to run transformers.

"Then, the next shortage will be electricity. They won't be able to find enough electricity to run all the chips. I think next year, you'll see they just can't find enough electricity to run all the chips.

"The simultaneous growth of electric cars and AI, both of which need electricity, both of which need voltage transformers – I think, is creating a tremendous demand for electrical equipment and for electrical power generation."

The idea that the developed world's lights will begin flickering in 2025 because there are so many AIs being trained is pretty remarkable, and if Musk is right, it greatly underscores the need for massive amounts of clean energy, from a variety of different sources, yesterday.

Interesting times, indeed!

…. It’s taken a while, hence Elon, off gird compute at the edge = BRN baby !

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

rgupta

Regular
  • Thinking
Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom