BRN Discussion Ongoing

cosors

👀
not off topic but...

Now I have to :)
I am constantly travelling through the Swedish media and bureaucracy to find something here or there for us Talgarians. And one of the pages for electronic components, i.e. baterries in EVs, graphite and anodes and so on, is this page:

1708603902333.png

Anyone wants to förbeställa?
So the good news has already reached the far north.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 50 users

Diogenese

Top 20
VVDNEdgeBox_ProductImage1_1_300x.jpg
Sorry if it has been posted before.

VVDNEdgeBox_ProductImage5_1_300x.jpg

VVDNEdgeBox_ProductImage12_1_300x.jpg

VVDNEdgeBox_ProductImage8_2_300x.jpg

VVDNEdgeBox_ProductImage2_300x.jpg

VVDNEdgeBox_ProductImage9_1_300x.jpg

VVDNEdgeBox_ProductImage2_1_300x.jpg

VVDNEdgeBox_ProductImage10_1_300x.jpg

1._Pre-Order_Label.png

Akida™ Edge AI Box​

1._Powered_By_1.png

$799.00
Purchasing greater than 10 Edge boxes?
Contact sales@brainchip.com
Product pre-orders are available. Click here to see the terms.
Shipments are expected to commence by mid-year 2024. BrainChip will communicate specific shipment dates by Apr. 30th 2024.

Add to Cart
Contact Sales

Specifications

BrainChip’s Edge AI Box is a compact, portable computation device that allows for highly capable AI solutions and services by accelerating AI processing for vision, voice and other sensors. By computing close to the sensor and without needing Cloud connectivity for common applications thereby minimizing exposure of sensitive data, the Edge Box enhances security and privacy.Akida also enables customization of the Box with it’s Edge learning capability. The Edge Box is expected to be used in Retail and Security, Smart City, Automotive, Transport and Industrial applications.
  • User manual is in development
  • Download Product Brief
  • Host CPU: NXP i.MX 8M Plus Quad SOC
  • AI/ML Accelerator: 2 x AKD1000 (BrainChip Akida Chip) Over PCIe
  • On Board Memory: 4GB LPDDR4, 32GB eMMC
  • Supports Linux Embedded OS Version 6.1
  • External Storage: Micro SD Card Connector that supports Micro SD
  • Display: 1 x HDMI Output with Max Resolutions of 3840 x 2160p30 Pixel clock up-to 297MHZ
  • Network Connectivity:
    • Wi-Fi Connectivity: 802.11 ac/b/g/n/c (2.4GHz /5GHz)
    • Ethernet Connectivity: Two Ethernet Port with10/100/1000mbps
    • Ethernet Port supports external camera interface
Installation and Bringup
  • Max Encode: 1 x 1080P60 (H265 & H264) / 2 x 1080P30 (H265 & H264) / 4 x 720P30 (H265 & H264)
  • Max Decode: 1 x 1080P60 (H265 & H264) / 2 x 1080P30 (H265 & H264) / 4 x 720P30 (H265 & H264)
  • USB 3.0 Port Type A Port
  • USB 2.0 Port Micro B Port (Flashing and Debug port)
  • Power / Rest Button
  • 2x RGB LED For Status Indication
  • Power ON/OFF Indication LED (Green)
  • Operating Temperature : 0°C to 50°C
  • Operating Humidity: 5% to 95%
  • Power Input:12VDC Input Using External AC-DC Adapter
  • Unit Dimensions: 110mm x 110mm x 56mm (L x W x H)
Now that it's almost here,

After we went IP only, and particularly when the big sleep (sales) was in full doldrum, I bemoaned the fact that we weren't selling the chips. But this is far better than selling chips. This looks like a stroke of genius. Selling chips would still have been a hard sell. This is plug-and-play, so the customer does not have to design their own product and have it manufactured.

Straight out of the box you've got your image/video classifier - and it keeps on learning.

Ethernet and WiFi connectivity.

And Akida 2 Edge Box still to come.

We are selling into a newish market, with our trinity of power, latency, and price advantage.

And we can eat our Cupcake too.

This could keep us in funds while the IP licensing ramps up -and this will help the licensing ramp up.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 75 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Diogenese

Top 20
not off topic but...

Now I have to :)
I am constantly travelling through the Swedish media and bureaucracy to find something here or there for us Talgarians. And one of the pages for electronic components, i.e. baterries in EVs, graphite and anodes and so on, is this page:

View attachment 57592

Anyone wants to förbeställa?
So the good news has already reached the far north.
Just the thing for counting and recognizing reindeer.

To count sheep in Australia, we use a laser beam and detector mounted 10 cm above ground to count the legs, and then we divide by four.

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users
Hi FF,

I have long been aware of Cambridge Consultants being part of Capgemini, as this five-month old post of mine proves:

View attachment 57318

However, I do not think the job ad’s “description” of the employer matches a multinational IT services and consulting company, to which neuromorphic computing is only one technology among several they are interested in (plus I assume they would pay much better). Also, the mystery job advert looks quite different from those openings listed on the Capgemini website (https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/careers/join-us/).
So I personally don’t think it is Capgemini either. Of course, I could be mistaken.

My point in replying to @macro ’s post was first and foremost to raise awareness (once again) that AI-generated content cannot simply be accepted at face value. I pointed out two blatant errors and a baffling omission in Perplexity AI’s response, and provided evidence to substantiate my claim. That’s how I like to present my research, so it is transparent for everyone.

Now here comes your reaction: Rather than commenting on the chatbot’s pitfalls in general or simply admitting to the fact that you had been tricked by the AI-generated answer and had overlooked the fact that Cambridge Consultants are actually headquartered in Cambridge and not in London (as the answer engine would like us to believe), you now try to talk your way out of it by claiming that the job ad that explicitly states “Central London location with modern office facilities” (and not just London or Greater London) could be intentionally misleading to attract more applicants, and that in reality the workplace could still be in Cambridge instead, almost 100 km away?! Well, I am sorry, but the burden of proof is on you here, not on me, so if anyone, you should be the one checking with the employment agency. Besides, Cambridge would be a very attractive location in its own right, if you ask me, and the rental prices are presumably much lower, which could be a decisive factor for freelancers.

Astute readers will also have noticed how you attribute the positively connotated adjective “light hearted” to yourself twice (even though it escapes me of what your reply to the original post has to do with a light-hearted game, as on the contrary I believe you were being dead serious) and portray me in a negative light by calling my post “very aggressive research” and “full-throttle analysis” and by asking “How much of your life did you devote to this non event and demanding that I prove the accuracy of my post?”!

I was neither “very aggressive” in my research (instead, I simply pointed out several errors in the AI-generated answer no one else seemed to have noticed) nor did I “demand” anything from you - instead I politely asked you:
“Could you please provide us with some evidence to back up your claim?”

Let me remind you of your own words in your recent argument with @Schnitzel lover:

And that’s exactly what I am trying to do here.

So that sole article submitted on June 24, 2021 (!) as well as your memory of another one you say you forwarded to Brainchip in 2022 and their email reply is all you’ve got to corroborate your claim that Imperial College London “are deeply engaged with Intel and publish papers regarding Loihi fairly regularly”? If what you claim were true, those numerous publications should be easy to find online, right? So where are they hiding? And why is the only search result I get for Loihi on the Imperial College website a fleeting mention alongside TrueNorth in a 2019 talk abstract by guest speaker Prof Steve Ferber from the University of Manchester (who developed SpiNNaker)?
(https://www.imperial.ac.uk/events/96903/building-brains-artificial-and-biological-intelligence/)

Well, I am not surprised you didn’t come up with much, as of course I had done a quick Google search myself before politely asking you (not demanding!) to provide evidence (that I couldn’t find).

No, that is simply not true! I did another, more extensive search to double-check.
So a) either you made an honest mistake
b) you are deliberately lying
c) I am too dumb to find the other papers, or
d) the search algorithms here in Germany are vastly different from those in Australia.

Oh, and let’s briefly have a look at the 2021 research paper you shared as “evidence”:
Loihi is mentioned a total of five times (including one reference), and I will let everyone decide for themselves whether or not there is any indication at all the Imperial College researchers were deeply engaged with Intel and working with Loihi at the time, as you claim:

View attachment 57560

View attachment 57561

So I hereby challenge you to post links to at least three to four publications by Imperial College researchers about the research they have allegedly done and still do with Loihi to prove your claim that “they are deeply engaged with Intel and publish papers regarding Loihi fairly regularly.” That should be a piece of cake for you, given that you seem to have a way more effective search engine than me. Otherwise we must assume that your claim is totally unfounded.

You may not like me, and that is fine with me (although it irks me how at times you post supposedly new information or profusely thank others for generously sharing reveals, (deliberately?) ignoring the fact that I had already posted about the exact same thing earlier - I am happy to provide proof), but don’t dish it out, if you can’t take it. It’s double standards to ask others to substantiate their unfounded claims, but then take offence when the same yardstick is applied to you. And if it turns out your own claim has no substance, that is entirely your problem and not that of the person who had asked you for evidence.

So please either substantiate your claim or own up to having made a mistake - it’s as simple as that.

Highly likely not my opinion only,
Frangipani
I am happy for you to win as you are so invested in this matter that it is obviously very important to you. Congratulations well done amazing research.

Clearly you have issues that go beyond the fact that I posted my original response suggesting Cambridge Consulting was my best pick and took offence at your response.

I quote:
Frangipani
“You may not like me, and that is fine with me (although it irks me how at times you post supposedly new information or profusely thank others for generously sharing reveals, (deliberately?) ignoring the fact that I had already posted about the exact same thing earlier - I am happy to provide proof), but don’t dish it out, if you can’t take it.”

Firstly I had no opinion about you that could amount to like or dislike prior to this current exchange. I can honestly say I do not think about you unless I have a cause to do so.

You are just a name on a page so how could I like or dislike you.

Secondly you clearly have a different approach to TSEx than myself.

You seem to think that everyone should read every one of your posts and catalogue the references so they never post a second time something you have freely shared without acknowledging you were the original poster.

You also seem to think that if another poster puts up the same research the only place they could have found it was by reading your posts.

You also seem to believe that every reader here starts from post one and reads through every post and in so doing will read everything posted by you days/weeks months/years before they first bought shares in Brainchip.

I have an entirely different view and if I was so minded (and I tell you in advance that I am not) I could find multiple examples of the same research that I and others have posted being posted by others again and again as if for the first time.

It is not an issue in my view and in fact I am pleased to see it occur as more people will get to read it.

By the way if you say I posted something that you posted earlier. I accept that. Guilty as charged.

It makes complete sense that this should happen given we are all researching the same subject. In fact it would be strange if it didn’t happen.

I know you won’t believe that I don’t read all of your posts and steal your research but sadly I don’t.

Often the print is too small on my phone to read your longer posts comfortably. I have narrow angle glaucoma which was mentioned to others here years ago and so I post from memory and when you say go and prove a proposition that is settled in my mind it ain’t going to happen.

Believe it or not winning an argument with you over a guessing game is not that important. I trust my memory and I know I am telling the truth as I believe it to be. I have dealt with that issue to my satisfaction and don’t care if you disagree.

I have no doubt that Full Moon Fever has it occur constantly so prolific is he with his research sharing that others will repost things he has found and posted.

I know Bravo another prolific poster has had this happen many times. I have even posted the same thing she has posted and she has pointed it out.

The most important thing in my opinion has always been that those who come here from time to time have an opportunity to benefit from the research regardless of who posted it because this could feed into greater understanding of Brainchip and an increase in the share price.

I am shallow like that it’s all about the value of my/our investment.

Something being posted more than once is more likely to be seen and read than a one off post that ends up buried by further posts.

You would have noticed the price of Brainchip and volume of shares traded has increased recently.

One of the likely outcomes is that new investors might visit TSEx.

Earlier tonight I posted an article about the Lorser alliance for two reasons one of which was to bring it to the attention of these new investors. I am pretty sure that similar articles about Lorser have been posted here previously.

What I now intend to do is promise never to try and read your posts again so that you will know that if I put up any research that you have posted already I have stolen it from someone else or actually (shock horror) found it by myself.

Goodbye and good luck.

Fact Finder

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 50 users

cosors

👀
Tech Lab’s Multi-Axial-Simulation-Table (MAST) was utilised to undertake a static load test on SMC’s ‘Optimus’ spacecraft where it successfully mimicked launch conditions ahead of the upcoming SpaceX Transporter 10 rideshare launch.
Would you also assume that this is our ride for Akida in space?
1708605691965.png

1708605756956.png

List of spaceflight launches in January–June 2024
Screenshot_2024-02-22-15-49-22-14_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

launch table, SpaceX, Falcon, ~ Optimus-1

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Earlyrelease

Regular
Just the thing for counting and recognizing reindeer.

To count sheep in Australia, we use a laser beam and detector mounted 10 cm above ground to count the legs, and then we divide by four.

Dodgy.
You forgot to tell Corsors about the 5 legged sheep- they are the males[/QUOTE

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Yes, but we store those in RAM.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

cosors

👀
Would you also assume that this is our ride for Akida in space?
View attachment 57600
View attachment 57601
Out of general interest and before I close the tab.

"Space Machines uses Siemens Xcelerator as a Service to develop Orbital Servicing Vehicle for in-space transportation and logistics​

4. Dezember 2023
Plano, Texas, USA

1708606658481.png

For the video please follow the link below. I do not get it embedded here.
  • Space Machines Company is using solutions from the Siemens Xcelerator as a Service portfolio of industry software to design, simulate and manufacture its Optimus Orbital servicing Vehicle to provide in-space transportation and logistics services
Siemens Digital Industries Software announced today that Space Machines Company (SMC), an Australian space on-orbit services and logistics startup, has used the Siemens Xcelerator portfolio of industry software to design and build the Optimus Orbital Servicing Vehicle. One of the largest commercial spacecrafts being designed, manufactured, and assembled in Australia, is in development at the University of Technology Sydney’s Tech Lab.
The 270kg Optimus will be launched by a SpaceX rocket from the United States to help taxi commercial satellites into their orbital paths around Earth and beyond – providing roadside assistance to satellites orbiting in space. Optimus’ main purpose will be to service, maintain, repair and extend the life of other satellites on orbit.
SMC is using NX™ software for design and modeling, Simcenter™ software for thermo-mechanical elements simulation and analyses and Teamcenter® X software as a service (SaaS) for cloud-based Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), which has helped reduce costs and time, while delivering productivity gains for teams working on Optimus.
"On-orbit servicing and logistics is the new frontier in space innovation. Many critical aspects of our daily lives, such as banking, weather forecasting and global communications are impacted by the ability of satellites to deliver these critical services. There are over 7,000 active satellites orbiting Earth. These satellites, and new ones coming into orbit, need a sustainable and safe operating environment. We deliver responsive and affordable on-orbit servicing and security solutions to customers,” said Rajat Kulshrestha, CEO, Space Machines Company.
“To do what we do, we need the right software that is agile in a fast-paced environment and can scale as we do. Siemens’ software has been critical in our ability to reduce design and development iterations without compromising on mission objectives. It’s helped us create one unified digital environment and allowed us to rapidly prototype on the digital twin, helping us understand how Optimus will behave in orbit in unknown conditions.”

1708606493140.png

Space Machines Company is using solutions from the Siemens Xcelerator as a Service portfolio of industry software to design, simulate and manufacture its Optimus Orbital servicing Vehicle to provide in-space transportation and logistics services (Image credit: Space Machines Company)

Alongside from the design and manufacturing phase, SMC’s hardware and software undergo rigorous testing phases which calls for a robust PLM system. Teamcenter X helps with everything from quick design changes, running simulations and validation, through to manufacturing and final assembly – using Siemens’ comprehensive digital twin

“Space is one of the most innovative industries in Australia right now. Siemens software in enabling organizations of all sizes to innovate and develop solutions that will ultimately play a critical role in our daily lives,” said Samantha Murray, Vice President and Managing Director, Siemens Digital Industries Software, Australia and New Zealand. “I’m proud to see how Space Machines have used our software to push the boundaries of space logistics and get to the forefront of Australia’s space industry. As the space industry scales up and becomes part of a powerful ecosystem, software is the key enabler that helps level the playing field for all.”

To learn more about how the Siemens Xcelerator platform is being used in the emerging space industry by other leading space technology companies in the region including Hypersonix and Gilmour Space Technologies, alongside other space industry pioneers such as Sierra Space and Space Perspectives, visit: https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/global/en/industries/aerospace-defense/space-systems/"

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

CHIPS

Regular
Herzlichen Glückwunsch nachträglich auch von mir!
You happen to share your birthday with my eldest son, so I agree February 21 is a very special date! 😊
Oh wie schön, er ist auch ein Fisch :love:, sensibel, aber ein gutes Wesen. Herzlichen Glückwünsch auch an ihn nachträglich und ein langes und gesundes Leben für ihn. 🌻

For the English speaker:
Oh, how beautiful, he is also a Pisces, sensitive but good nature. Congratulations to him too and I wish him a long and healthy life.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Steve7777

Regular
Hi Chips,

Just wondering do you know what the pre boom volume used to be on Tradegate? I can see if over 2mil today but would love to know the average leading upto this. Totally understand if you have no idea.

Reactions: 5 users

7für7

Regular
I completely missed this!!

In German he say… it will come with the newest AI technology 👀

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I wish someone would invent nail clippers with a "grass catcher" to collect the clippings.

Of course then you would need to decide whether to use a roller cutter or a rotary cutter.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Mugatu

Intel’s CEO shares his plan to win the AI chip war

Quite easy to follow/understand what they are up to with foundry business and maybe how Brainchip will be used in PCs?

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

CHIPS

Regular
Hi Chips,

Just wondering do you know what the pre boom volume used to be on Tradegate? I can see if over 2mil today but would love to know the average leading upto this. Totally understand if you have no idea.
Hi Steve,

I deleted what I had posted here before, hope nobody is irritated, but this one is much better information.

On the right-hand side, you can change the display from "1 Monat" to more months, per year or so.

Eröffnungskurs= Opening
Höchststand= highest
Tiefstand= lowest
Schlusskurs= end

The rest is self-explanatory I guess.

1708609568156.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Steve7777

Regular
Hi Steve,

I don't have a list, but you can look it up for each day on this website.

If you klick on the date on the left side, you will get the list for that day only and will find the total volume on top (second right column). I don't have a monthly list.

View attachment 57608
Thank you very much. I'm off to bed now but will definitely look it up tomorrow.

Reactions: 4 users

Guzzi62

Regular
Now that it's almost here,

After we went IP only, and particularly when the big sleep (sales) was in full doldrum, I bemoaned the fact that we weren't selling the chips. But this is far better than selling chips. This looks like a stroke of genius. Selling chips would still have been a hard sell. This is plug-and-play, so the customer does not have to design their own product and have it manufactured.

Straight out of the box you've got your image/video classifier - and it keeps on learning.

Ethernet and WiFi connectivity.

And Akida 2 Edge Box still to come.

We are selling into a newish market, with our trinity of power, latency, and price advantage.

And we can eat our Cupcake too.

This could keep us in funds while the IP licensing ramps up -and this will help the licensing ramp up.
Sounds good but how many small enterprises with fewer than 50-100 employees can set it up by themselves?

Or a farmer counting sheep?

How much help does they need getting started, surely brainchip doesn't have man power to help out smaller businesses, would also be very expensive for having experts setting up an 800$ box of tricks.

Layman asking because I don't have a clue.

Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Sounds good but how many small enterprises with fewer than 50-100 employees can set it up by themselves?

Or a farmer counting sheep?

How much help does they need getting started, surely brainchip doesn't have man power to help out smaller businesses, would also be very expensive for having experts setting up an 800$ box of tricks.

Layman asking because I don't have a clue.
That is exactly why this plug-and-play solution is so much better than selling chips.

Selling chips limited the market to those who could design and make their own products.

The Akida Edge Box opens up a much larger market.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

Guzzi62

Regular
That is exactly why this plug-and-play solution is so much better than selling chips.

Selling chips limited the market to those who could design and make their own products.

The Akida Edge Box opens up a much larger market.
Yes I understand that part but how much knowledge do you actually need for setting up a box like that?

I still doubt many smaller companies would know how to set it up no-matter if it's for counting sheep or video surveillance.

In my opinion it's a little bit more than just plug and play.

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom