My super account finally green as well 😍

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

7für7

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I feel like we're in the midst of a short squeeze.

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

mrgds

Regular
Chippers ,

BUCKLE UP ...... :whistle:

TECH

Nvidia posts record revenue up 265% on booming AI business​

PUBLISHED WED, FEB 21 202412:00 PM ESTUPDATED 2 MIN AGO
thumbnail

Kif Leswing@KIFLESWING
SHAREShare Article via FacebookShare Article via TwitterShare Article via LinkedInShare Article via Email
KEY POINTS
  • Nvidia reported earnings after the bell that beat Wall Street expectations for earnings and sales, and said that revenue during the current quarter would be better than expected.
  • Nvidia has been the primary beneficiary of the recent technology industry obsession with large artificial intelligence models, which are developed on the company’s pricey graphics processors for servers.
In this article
Follow your favorite stocksCREATE FREE ACCOUNT
NVIDIA’s CEO Jensen Huang attends a media roundtable meeting in Singapore December 6, 2023. REUTERS/Edgar Su

Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang attends a media roundtable meeting in Singapore on Dec. 6, 2023.
Edgar Su | Reuters
Nvidia reported earnings after the bell that beat Wall Street expectations for earnings and sales, and said that revenue during the current quarter would be better than expected.
Nvidia shares rose less than 7% in extended trading.

Here’s what the company reported compared with what Wall Street was expecting, based on a survey of analysts by LSEG, formerly known as Refinitiv:
  • Earnings: $5.15 adjusted per share. That may not compare with the $4.64 adjusted per share expected.
  • Revenue: $22.10 billion. That may not compare with the $20.62 billion expected.
Nvidia said it expected $24.0 billion in sales in the current quarter. Analysts polled by LSEG were looking for $5.00 per share on $22.17 billion in sales.
Nvidia reported $12.29 billion in net income during the quarter, or $4.93 per share, up 769% versus last year’s $1.41 billion or 57 cents per share.
Nvidia has been the primary beneficiary of the recent technology industry obsession with large artificial intelligence models, which are developed on the company’s pricey graphics processors for servers.
Nvidia’s total revenue rose 265% from a year ago, based on strong sales for AI chips for servers, particularly the company’s “Hopper” chips like the H100, it said.

Those sales are reported in the company’s Data Center business, which now comprises the majority of Nvidia’s revenue. Data center sales were up 409% to $18.40 billion.
The company’s gaming business, which includes graphics cards for laptops and PCs, was merely up 56% year-over-year to $2.87 billion. Graphics cards for gaming used to be Nvidia’s primary business before its AI chips started taking off, and some of Nvidia’s graphics cards can be used for AI.

logo TV

Just for giggles ..... NVIDIA share price from Listing to Today.

Jan 1999, $0.82USD............22 Feb 2024, $674.72USD.

That's ONLY 82,182.93% return

Regards,
Esq.
Well @Esq.111 you nailed the action today.
That library of sticky notes you have amassed is serving you well.
Kep up the good work!!!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Why is trade being done after 4pm? Should its happen a 4.11pm?

Screenshot_20240222_160452_CommSec.jpg

Learning 🪴

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

7für7

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Sotherbys01

Regular
Its the standard - After market auction

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

7für7

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Its the standard - After market auction
Yes but you don't normally get see the transactions until the 10mins when auction is done!??

Anyway a fantastic day Chippers :)

1708578847593.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

mrgds

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Sotherbys01

Regular
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

7für7

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users
I recall from my memory way back to the Co's first chip production issue with TSMC ... was that the BRN used the words
" several thousands " when referring to the actual number of Akida sample engineering chip's production run ............. I took this to mean 7,000 " WAFFERS " as it is my understanding at the time that Chip manufacturer's used the number of waffers produced approach rather than the actaul number of chips per run... thus using my methodology I would allow some ~250 chips per waffer X 7,000 waffers = 1,750,000 individual chips produced .......... I think at around the same time that there may have been an expectation that we may have been used in the "Nanose" covid detection device and to supply EAP customers .......... So I do believe that we still have lots of Chips left over to meet current Edge Box demands and potentially other projects/reseach and educational needs.
Hi Xray1:
Going from memory at the time a single 28nm waffer from TSMC was approximately $3000.
BRN Only spent between 1 to 2 Million and a fee to socionext was to be taken out this.
400 wafers @ 3k = $1.2m
400 wafer @ 250 chip/waffer = 100000 chips
My estimate at the time was somewhere between 70000 and 100000 chips.
It was all guess work then and is still all guess work now.
DYOR
All the best to the rusted on crew

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

mrgds

Regular
  • Fire

Labsy

Regular
Haven't had a chance to read the entire thread, but I take it the presentation went well? 🚀🚀❤️❤️❤️🫣🤪🥂

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users
Top Bottom