BRN Discussion Ongoing

Hi people. I’m trying to understand how the volume of shares traded, in the past couple of sessions can be so high, yet the share price stagnant. Can anyone shine any light on this?Th
Gday @Motty
Its my understanding that many large institutions with millions of shares, whether shorted or not , can cause very large volume days as they are just passing the shares between each other, as they dont pay brokerage fees unlike us plebs, and are just there trying to scrape up all the shares that retail may sell. FWIW
These institutes also pay people to nit pick at every corner as you see here and other platforms,their jobs is to put doubts into the minds of shareholders
Parasites is the term in the English Dictionary

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
It's great that the Brainchip name is getting out there but to me this sounded like a ChatGPT article written by a shareholder. I did a quick Google search after and this is what i found (attached below). Articles are supposed to be objective and to the point, but we have this section:

"The company's efforts to combine cutting-edge technological advancements with a deep understanding of human behavior and needs signify a leap towards a future where technology and humanity are more intertwined than ever. The implications of these developments are vast, touching upon every aspect of our lives and reshaping our interactions with the world around us. The journey of BrainChip, marked by innovation and foresight, continues to be a beacon of progress in the relentless pursuit of a smarter, more connected world."

Like this section is a bit much, yeah??

It's still good to see articles about Brainchip more and more, however it is better when they come from credible sources.
Hi All
I am very disappointed. What no one has picked up is that this article is not only dated 6 days before the reported event has taken place but is also published at least a day before it actually is about to occur. Why?

Well my wild theory is that Brainchip has orchestrated a PR campaign to coincide with the Intel event and this article escaped early otherwise it makes absolutely no sense for it to have been written.

As for it being a CHATGpt generated article well we are invested in a company which will be facilitating and perfecting the use of CHATGpt which is already putting journalists out of work and being used by companies and agencies to write content so we have to get used to it. Even legal firms are using it to write correspondence and advices.

This is part of the technology we are invested in whether we like it or not.

The writing style is over the top but the content is factual so it is better than some CHATGpt articles with made up information to fill in gaps in the programs libraries. I think the polite term is 'hallucinations'.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 33 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
How long do they think it will take to get power back on? Must have been quite a storm!

SC
Yes it was really bad SC. I‘m not sure how long it will take for all the services to be restored. I can only pray it won’t be too much longer because my back can’t take too much more shoveling.

Cant believe I was joking about going on an interstate exploration to the Bungle Bungles a week ago and look where I am now, couch surfing at my Mums doing a mandatory horticultural degree.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 16 users

mrgds

Regular
Gees Dio,

I thought my dad jokes were bad! :giggle:

SC
Fellow Chippers,
Im a bit sad today, my dog recently ate a heap of scrabble tiles,

I took him to the vet yesterday, .......................... and still ..................... "no word yet"

😅

Edit; the vet just called and advised me that my dog is good to go home, just have to watch his "vowel movements"

🤣

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

Frangipani

Regular
Who is at the forefront of advancing neuromorphic computing technology in London?

Perplexity AI says:

Hi macro,

unfortunately the content these kind of answer engines provide always needs to be taken with a grain of salt. The answer Perplexity AI gave you proves my point:

Cambridge Consultants, which has a head of semiconductor capability involved in neuromorphic computing

Hi macro

I would back Cambridge Consultants because of their ties with ARM and previous indications they have some understanding of AKIDA technology.

I would dismiss Cambridge Consultants, since they do not have a London office!

As their name suggests, they are based in Cambridge (just like Arm, by the way), which is almost 100 km north of London and thus certainly not a Central London location, as stated in the job ad!

D8DAFBCD-70A8-4BD8-A7E8-FDECFFF0C3EE.jpeg

But apart from getting the geography wrong, there is something else in that chatbot’s answer that irritates me: While it is highly commendable that Cambridge Consultants’ head of semiconductor capability, Dr. Aidong Xu, has recognised the potential and benefits of neuromorphic computing, especially regarding energy savings, I would expect someone described (by Perplexity AI) as being “involved in neuromorphic computing” to be someone working in a neuromorphic lab on either hardware or software, and possibly publishing scientific papers on the topic, rather than someone spruiking the merits of neuromorphic computing without any hands-on experience (at least that’s my impression of Dr. Xu).

But let’s move on:
  • UCL, which has researchers such as Professor Tony Kenyon and Dr. Adnan Mehonic working on neuromorphic computing
  • Imperial College London, which has researchers like Dr. Oscar Lee, Dr. Jack Gartside, and Professor Will Branford involved in neuromorphic computing
  • University of West London, which is involved in the development of methods and computational tools for neuromorphic AI

Perplexity AI made another mistake here, namely listing Dr. Oscar Lee as an Imperial College Researcher. He is, however, from UCL instead!

E88AB749-3CDD-42F0-B390-FAC1F1359862.jpeg

Perplexingly, Perplexity AI completely omitted King’s College London in its list of academic institutions, although is very well-known for the neuromorphic research conducted by Prof. Osvaldo Simeone and Prof. Bipin Rajendran that aims to revolutionise wireless communications.

They recently co-authored a paper with researchers from Luxembourg, the UK and France (“Performance Evaluation of Neuromorphic Hardware for Onboard Satellite Communication Applications”), in which they had implemented SNNs on Loihi 2 - it was briefly touched on here on TSE the other day:
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-409255

An interesting collaboration between these three partner universities - King's, Imperial and UCL - is the London Centre for Nanotechnology (LCN), “a UK-based multidisciplinary enterprise operating at the forefront of science and technology. Our purpose is to solve global problems in information processing, healthcare, energy and the environment through the application of nanoscience and nanotechnology. Founded in 2003, the LCN began as a joint venture between University College London and Imperial College London, based at the Bloomsbury and South Kensington sites; from 2018 King's College London joined the collaboration from its base on The Strand.”

By the way, Perplexity AI also failed to mention Brunel University London as yet another institution being involved in neuromorphic research in the British capital.

I would dismiss Imperial College London as they are deeply engaged with Intel and publish papers regarding Loihi fairly regularly.

Really? Could you please provide us with some evidence to back up your claim?

The two researchers from Imperial College listed above are from the Department of Physics, where they do research on materials for neuromorphic computing and magnetism, but they are not working with neuromorphic chips such as Loihi. So who at Imperial College is, then?

By the way, I’d assume our mystery employer is a small start-up in stealth mode with specific products in mind, not a university.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

schuey

Regular
Fellow Chippers,

I took him to the vet yesterday, .......................... and still ..................... "no word yet"

😅

Edit; the vet just called and advised me that my dog is good to go home, just have to watch his "vowel movements"

🤣
I took my pony to the vet with a sore throat, the vet said he was just a little horse......I know where the door is...Thanks

• Haha
Intel definitely pushing the ecosystem open model to get penetration and scalability into the edge and no doubt companies like BRN will be part of that conversation and strategy already as part of the IFS and as a win win for all imo.

We are seeing that now obviously.

Intel’s Platform-Led Approach to Edge Solutions​

February 15, 2024 | Intel Corporation
Estimated reading time: Less than a minute

The race is on to scale AI at the edge. Intel offers an open, modular, unified, platform-led approach that will make it easier for communication service providers, developers, infrastructure operators and enterprises to develop, deploy, run and manage scalable edge solutions.

Just as open standards and software-defined networks played a crucial role in the advancement of cloud computing, these same principles accelerate the deployment of edge AI solutions. By integrating software, hardware and platform solutions explicitly developed for AI at the edge, Intel is creating a digital ecosystem that supports AI capabilities wherever they are needed.

In Mobile World Live, Sachin Katti, senior vice president and general manager of the Network and Edge Group at Intel Corporation, writes: “The lifeblood of an AI future is an open ecosystem that enables choice and helps developers port applications across boundaries and vendors. This means developing platforms and solutions that lift the world’s physical infrastructure up into software with ubiquitous and seamless connectivity everywhere.”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

marsch85

Regular
Hi All
I am very disappointed. What no one has picked up is that this article is not only dated 6 days before the reported event has taken place but is also published at least a day before it actually is about to occur. Why?

Well my wild theory is that Brainchip has orchestrated a PR campaign to coincide with the Intel event and this article escaped early otherwise it makes absolutely no sense for it to have been written.

As for it being a CHATGpt generated article well we are invested in a company which will be facilitating and perfecting the use of CHATGpt which is already putting journalists out of work and being used by companies and agencies to write content so we have to get used to it. Even legal firms are using it to write correspondence and advices.

This is part of the technology we are invested in whether we like it or not.

The writing style is over the top but the content is factual so it is better than some CHATGpt articles with made up information to fill in gaps in the programs libraries. I think the polite term is 'hallucinations'.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
To ensure it’s factual someone better tell Sean to be passionate on stage and paint a vivid picture to let Brainchip shine 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!

A man was hospitalized with 6 plastic horses up his ass……….​

The doctor described his condition as stable. 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34 users

schuey

Regular

A man was hospitalized with 6 plastic horses up his ass……….​

The doctor described his condition as stable. 🤣
A horse walks into a bar, the bar tender said "why the long face?"

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
A horse walks into a bar, the bar tender said "why the long face?"
Ahhh Dad Jokes.... oh yes.

Man walks into a bar and sits down, the guy next to him calls out to the bartender... "Hey Donkey, bring me another beer"

The man asks the bartender.... "That's a bit mean why does he call you Donkey?"

Bartender reponds... "He..aww he..aww always calls me Donkey".

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
A project from apparently about 3 days ago on Edge Impulse.

Full details in link.

Industrial Inspection Line - Brainchip Akida Neuromorphic Processor​

An industrial inspection application that uses the Brainchip Akida Neuromorphic processor for fast and efficient quality control inferencing.
Created By: Peter Ing
Public Project Links:
Object Detection - https://studio.edgeimpulse.com/studio/349843 Classification - https://studio.edgeimpulse.com/studio/349858
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/peteing/brainchip_edgeimpulse_inspectionsystem.git
spaces%2FEJB5OaeYjM5VSFEKLEFz%2Fuploads%2Fgit-blob-8820b0534ed1b98dde7b2b722d3cf811bd329399%2Fcover.jpg

Introduction​

In the ever-evolving landscape of modern manufacturing, the efficiency and accuracy of production lines are paramount. The meticulous inspection of products at various stages ensures not only the adherence to quality standards but also the optimization of resources. In this dynamic scenario, the integration of cutting-edge technologies such as computer vision and artificial intelligence has emerged as a game-changer.
Initially, machine vision systems relied on basic image processing techniques and rule-based algorithms. These early systems were capable of performing relatively simple tasks, such as inspecting products for basic defects or checking for the presence of specific features. These systems required cameras with high-cost Industrial PC's to perform CPU based processing that was expensive and power hungry while offering limited performance.
Today the trend has shifted towards using Deep Learning specifically Convolutional Neural Networks on Graphics Processing Units and specialized CNN hardware accelerators. The solutions on the market are still relatively costly and power hungry. Camera and IPC's are available with integrated acceleration built-in for industrial use cases, but are very expensive.
Neuromorphic processing, inspired by the human brain, diverges from traditional computing with its parallel, adaptive features like Spiking Neural Networks, parallel processing, event-driven computation, and synaptic plasticity. This disruptive technology holds promise for energy-efficient, brain-like information processing, particularly in tasks like pattern recognition and sensory processing. This makes Neuromorphic computing ideal for use in Industrial Inspection systems where it can provide real-time insights into inspections. The benefits include reduced costs and improved performance and being able to adapt the system at the edge to new use cases.
Brainchip Akida represents the state of the art in production-ready Neuromorphic computing ideally suited to edge use-cases. We will be demonstrating the power of the Brainchip Akida in an industrial setting in this guide as part of a standalone inspection system that can be setup along a production line.
The Akida processor is available on a PCI-E card form-factor for integration into your own hardware, or ships as either an Intel or Arm-based developer kit. For the purpose of this project our focus is on the Arm-based developer kit, which consists of a Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 mounted on a Raspberry PI Compute Module 4 IO board, which is what we are using for this application.
Many users coming from an Industrial environment have limited experience when it comes to AI and Deep Learning and this can seem daunting. There are very expensive platforms and solutions that help simplify the process, but none can match the ease of use and rapid performance of using Edge Impulse for the AI component of your project.

Industrial Inspection Use Case​

A typical scenario in an industrial manufacturing plant is defect detection. This can be applied to a range of different product types but essentially the requirement is always to determine which products to reject, out of a set of products that are often in motion using some kind of materials handling equipment such as a conveyor.
To achieve this, classic machine vision techniques using old camera systems running CPU algorithms often included detecting a Region of Interest (ROI) and then focusing on that area, and using tools such as edge and blob detection to find anomalies.

spaces%2FEJB5OaeYjM5VSFEKLEFz%2Fuploads%2Fgit-blob-f21e7dcfda770ca34a99b846768a12773243b2f8%2Fworkflow.jpg

Deep learning solves this approach by making use of learning algorithms to simply teach the system what is correct and what isn't. This results in a 2 stage pipeline that first does Object Detection, then cascades the results to a classifier.
spaces%2FEJB5OaeYjM5VSFEKLEFz%2Fuploads%2Fgit-blob-afb5483cd30f9d14cf0d56396924a11d011acc25%2Fpipeline.jpg

The Object Detector functions as the Region of Interest segmenter, while the classifier then determines if a product is defective or damaged, or passes the quality check. We will proceed to implement such a pipeline together with a custom GUI based app.

Awesome/Exciting post..Thanks @Fullmoonfever

Love these descriptions;

Brainchip Akida represents the state of the art in production-ready Neuromorphic computing ideally suited to edge use-cases.

Akida Neuralmorphic technology is unrivaled in terms of power usage at a given performance level. Neuromorphic also provides unique features not found in other technologies such as in device edge learning made possible by the Spiking Neural Network architecture.

:) We are soooooo close oh patient ones :)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 46 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Fellow Chippers,

😅

🤣
@Diogenese sorry i need to borrow this for a sec

1000013447.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Knock knock
Who’s there?
Dwayne
Dwayne who?
Dwayne the bathtub, I‘m drowning!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

Motty

Hey Motty...The only thing I think of with High traded volumes and no change in sp is very controlled accumulation! (Very interested party!!)..Maybe buy price set at around 36c...then when it goes to 37/38c they sell a small amount back at 34/35c to keep it flat!?

My thoughts only mate ...hope all is well :)
All good down my way BS. Thanks for the reply. Look forward to drinks at the next secret meeting😳😜

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Hi macro,

unfortunately the content these kind of answer engines provide always needs to be taken with a grain of salt. The answer Perplexity AI gave you proves my point:

I would dismiss Cambridge Consultants, since they do not have a London office!

As their name suggests, they are based in Cambridge (just like Arm, by the way), which is almost 100 km north of London and thus certainly not a Central London location, as stated in the job ad!

View attachment 57236

But apart from getting the geography wrong, there is something else in that chatbot’s answer that irritates me: While it is highly commendable that Cambridge Consultants’ head of semiconductor capability, Dr. Aidong Xu, has recognised the potential and benefits of neuromorphic computing, especially regarding energy savings, I would expect someone described (by Perplexity AI) as being “involved in neuromorphic computing” to be someone working in a neuromorphic lab on either hardware or software, and possibly publishing scientific papers on the topic, rather than someone spruiking the merits of neuromorphic computing without any hands-on experience (at least that’s my impression of Dr. Xu).

But let’s move on:

Perplexity AI made another mistake here, namely listing Dr. Oscar Lee as an Imperial College Researcher. He is, however, from UCL instead!

View attachment 57239

Perplexingly, Perplexity AI completely omitted King’s College London in its list of academic institutions, although is very well-known for the neuromorphic research conducted by Prof. Osvaldo Simeone and Prof. Bipin Rajendran that aims to revolutionise wireless communications.

They recently co-authored a paper with researchers from Luxembourg, the UK and France (“Performance Evaluation of Neuromorphic Hardware for Onboard Satellite Communication Applications”), in which they had implemented SNNs on Loihi 2 - it was briefly touched on here on TSE the other day:
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-409255

An interesting collaboration between these three partner universities - King's, Imperial and UCL - is the London Centre for Nanotechnology (LCN), “a UK-based multidisciplinary enterprise operating at the forefront of science and technology. Our purpose is to solve global problems in information processing, healthcare, energy and the environment through the application of nanoscience and nanotechnology. Founded in 2003, the LCN began as a joint venture between University College London and Imperial College London, based at the Bloomsbury and South Kensington sites; from 2018 King's College London joined the collaboration from its base on The Strand.”

By the way, Perplexity AI also failed to mention Brunel University London as yet another institution being involved in neuromorphic research in the British capital.

Really? Could you please provide us with some evidence to back up your claim?

The two researchers from Imperial College listed above are from the Department of Physics, where they do research on materials for neuromorphic computing and magnetism, but they are not working with neuromorphic chips such as Loihi. So who at Imperial College is, then?

By the way, I’d assume our mystery employer is a small start-up in stealth mode with specific products in mind, not a university.
I have no desire to get into an argument with you. In 2022 I came across a paper from Researchers at Imperial College London that ignored AKIDA’s existence and dealt only with Loihi. I sent the paper to Brainchip on the basis that whatever it was they were trying to do sounded to me as a lay person as being something AKIDA technology could cover. I eventually received back advice that they were involved with Intel.

A two minute search on Google Scholar threw up this paper but as I said they come up quite often. This is not the paper I sent to Brainchip.

Another poster back then even tried to connect via LinkedIn with one of the Researchers without success to garner interest in AKIDA.

You are being very aggressive in your research about this matter so might I suggest that you confirm with the employment agency that the position is definitely located in London as often such agencies play games to attract applicants. London tends to be a popular destination and stating London also makes it harder for applicants to work out who is the end employer. Remote working in this industry is also common place.

I think the use of GenAi and my response was much more light hearted than your full throttle analysis ever intended.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Fire

Motty

Gday @Motty
Its my understanding that many large institutions with millions of shares, whether shorted or not , can cause very large volume days as they are just passing the shares between each other, as they dont pay brokerage fees unlike us plebs, and are just there trying to scrape up all the shares that retail may sell. FWIW
Cheers mrgds. I think you may be on the money.

Reactions: 6 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Chippers ,

2% of free floated shares transacted ...

Savvy bot operator trying to cap us with a heinous sell order of.......... 1 unit @ $0.75

Esq.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip

COPY and PASTE ON TO YOUTUBE
This is me trying to put a bet on, I was soooo embarrassed when a friend played it back to me.
Be warned a lot of swearing.
I had a terrible day this day, and this just top it off, everybody asks me if the horse won.
I have no idea, but probably did, known the day I had.😤

I'm crying that is sooo funny..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom