Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

CHIPS

Regular

View attachment 55278

View attachment 55279
View attachment 55280

Seems like, he might know what he's talking about? 🤔..

Or Thomas Hülsing is just an investor like all of us? I assume that this is more likely because he has been posting about BrainChip for a longer time now.

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
7.45 min …. Oops IBM ?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 42 users
Or Thomas Hülsing is just an investor like all of us? I assume that this is more likely because he has been posting about BrainChip for a longer time now.
I think you're mixing up Thomas Hülsing, with this Markus May guy?

Who has been assumed to be an investor?

BrainChip has actually collaborated with Airbus Toulouse, during the LDN days also.

And there are genuine reasons for an Airbus Defence and Space, System-of-Systems engineer, to be interested in our tech and what it can do (for them?)..

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

CHIPS

Regular
I think you're mixing up Thomas Hülsing, with this Markus May guy?

Who has been assumed to be an investor?

BrainChip has actually collaborated with Airbus Toulouse, during the LDN days also.

And there are genuine reasons for an Airbus Defence and Space, System-of-Systems engineer, to be interested in our tech and what it can do (for them?)..
No I mean Thomas Hülsing. Just my assumption.

Tothemoon24

Top 20

In a recent paper, researchers from the Mohamed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence (MBZUAI) described a new approach that could change the game even further for the energy efficiency of AI models: spiking neural networks (SNNs). The human brain is a marvel of efficiency, capable of complex calculations and learning with minimal energy consumption. But our current crop of large models that power chatbots or generate images and videos require vast amounts of energy to function. One query to ChatGPT uses the equivalent of 3.96 watts, or a third of the battery capacity of an iPhone 13 Pro. Meanwhile, an adult human brain consumes slightly more than a third of a watt of energy in an entire day day, or approximately 8% the energy of one question posed to a large language model.

Inspired by the brain's biological structure, SNNs process information using discrete "spikes" of electrical activity, similar to how neurons communicate. This is a stark contrast to traditional artificial neural networks, which rely on continuous calculations.

Illustration showing the working flow of SNNs
This shift has the potential to dramatically reduce the energy footprint of AI, making it more sustainable and paving the way for exciting new applications including:

• Long-range search and rescue: Imagine drones powered by SNNs, able to navigate disaster zones and locate survivors for extended periods without draining their batteries.
  • Prosthetics: SNNs could lead to more intuitive and natural-feeling prosthetics that better integrate with the human nervous system.
  • Edge computing: SNNs' low-power requirements make them ideal for running AI tasks on devices with limited resources, like smartphones and wearables.
While SNNs are still in their early stages of development, the potential rewards are vast. By emulating the brain's efficiency, we could unlock a new era of AI that is not only powerful but also sustainable.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
No I mean Thomas Hülsing. Just my assumption.
Well if Thomas Hülsing, is "just an investor like all of us" and just happens to also be a Systems-of-Systems engineer, for Airbus Space and Defence..

I'll take that too..

Someone with his credentials, can talk us up all he wants 😉

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
On twitter:
When you combine advanced #IoT infrastructure with #AI technologies inspired by the human brain, you get more efficient operation, proactive problem solving, better human to machine interactions, improved #security. Meet Akida - Learn more here: https://ow.ly/eYyx50QuWpC
1706295533933.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

Mt09

Regular

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Justchilln

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

DK6161

Regular
Starting to click now how big our company can be. And this is only in the automotive space.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Well if Thomas Hülsing, is "just an investor like all of us" and just happens to also be a Systems-of-Systems engineer, for Airbus Space and Defence..

I'll take that too..

Someone with his credentials, can talk us up all he wants 😉
I've noticed all of them following brn. I would bet good money they're all invested.

But, as you say, no way i would be betting against our involvement with Airbus.

Opinion only. Dyor

• Fire

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Akida two in process of taping out now!
Great news!! I was surprised when he said it - I had to listen to it twice.

I wonder which foundry they are using - IFS? My speculation only.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

TECH

Regular
Akida two in process of taping out now!

That was a great demo video ! and yes the company is in the process of taping out AKD II which sounds like it's not going to be
available for a period of time.

Interesting to note, it was assumed by Jim that some of the demos shown were running on AKD II but once again our brilliant AKD I didn't
let us down,
meaning the achievement by Peter, Anil and team to get AKD I out on first run silicon was truly a magical moment in Brainchip's history "Lest We Forget" and with AKD II lifting the bar on AKD I, well, how positive does that make you feel about our immediate future !

And finally, please acknowledge the effort the company is going to so far this year, in trying to keep us all informed of the progress that is/has
been made, especially over the last 2 years !

💘 Akida Tech.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

JoMo68

Regular

In a recent paper, researchers from the Mohamed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence (MBZUAI) described a new approach that could change the game even further for the energy efficiency of AI models: spiking neural networks (SNNs). The human brain is a marvel of efficiency, capable of complex calculations and learning with minimal energy consumption. But our current crop of large models that power chatbots or generate images and videos require vast amounts of energy to function. One query to ChatGPT uses the equivalent of 3.96 watts, or a third of the battery capacity of an iPhone 13 Pro. Meanwhile, an adult human brain consumes slightly more than a third of a watt of energy in an entire day day, or approximately 8% the energy of one question posed to a large language model.

Inspired by the brain's biological structure, SNNs process information using discrete "spikes" of electrical activity, similar to how neurons communicate. This is a stark contrast to traditional artificial neural networks, which rely on continuous calculations.

Illustration showing the working flow of SNNs
This shift has the potential to dramatically reduce the energy footprint of AI, making it more sustainable and paving the way for exciting new applications including:

• Long-range search and rescue: Imagine drones powered by SNNs, able to navigate disaster zones and locate survivors for extended periods without draining their batteries.
  • Prosthetics: SNNs could lead to more intuitive and natural-feeling prosthetics that better integrate with the human nervous system.
  • Edge computing: SNNs' low-power requirements make them ideal for running AI tasks on devices with limited resources, like smartphones and wearables.
While SNNs are still in their early stages of development, the potential rewards are vast. By emulating the brain's efficiency, we could unlock a new era of AI that is not only powerful but also sustainable.
Just had a quick look at the full paper (some pretty serious maths going on there 😳). They reference Kristophor Carlson and Simon Thorpe, so they are indeed aware of us.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
🤔
Hope you going to post it on the other side as I would off but can’t, but just signed it.

• Love
  • Fire
7.45 min …. Oops IBM ?

Another great video with so much to like.

Interesting for me was the reference to the airbag use case. This is not the first time I have heard the team mention this. It is a very specific example and I would go as far to say not just a random coincidence? Something in the works with one of our customers perhaps?

I have nothing further to support this and this is all in my opinion only. But this is not an application I had previously considered for our tech. It is just another example of how large and diverse the potential application of our product is.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Quiltman

Regular
Another great video with so much to like.

Interesting for me was the reference to the airbag use case. This is not the first time I have heard the team mention this. It is a very specific example and I would go as far to say not just a random coincidence? Something in the works with one of our customers perhaps?

I have nothing further to support this and this is all in my opinion only. But this is not an application I had previously considered for our tech. It is just another example of how large and diverse the potential application of our product is.

This is a cut & paste from the OnSemi website.
When reviewing the OnSemi demo in our booth, several applications applicable to the OnSemi DOMS system were referred to.
Child detection is mandated from 2025 in the US, but taking this to the next level ( you have left your laptop, child, groceries ( with fish - now that's bad !! )) may well be delivered by Akida.
Airbag adjustment is mentioned, full cabin monitoring, including social media applications.
I'm betting we are fully integrated into a future release of the OnSemi DOMS solution.

1706305070521.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
Top Bottom