BRN Discussion Ongoing

rgupta

Regular
Is someone going to agree with me that Partnerships are the new IP'S
I already mentioned and believe brainchip has changed strategy from signing IP to making partnerships. That way they will lose the initial money but a bigger penetration into the market.
To me flexibility is needed to grow and implement your strategies. As Antonio said in investor podcast, software was the limiting factor for akida 1000. So it becomes difficult to attract everyone without a proper support. Now we have approximately 50 known partners and from different field of ITs. Which means the equation is becoming more attractive for anyone who wants to use our ip.
Third and most important part when brainchip signed an ip with megachips it was not just an ip but a partnership as well where megachips will allow us to use their ecosystem as well.
Edge impulse is one example as they are ecosystem partners of megachips and IP partners for brainchip.
So there is a lot of information is provided to market but people donot have patience.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

BrainShit

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Reactions: 3 users
I already mentioned and believe brainchip has changed strategy from signing IP to making partnerships. That way they will lose the initial money but a bigger penetration into the market.
To me flexibility is needed to grow and implement your strategies. As Antonio said in investor podcast, software was the limiting factor for akida 1000. So it becomes difficult to attract everyone without a proper support. Now we have approximately 50 known partners and from different field of ITs. Which means the equation is becoming more attractive for anyone who wants to use our ip.
Third and most important part when brainchip signed an ip with megachips it was not just an ip but a partnership as well where megachips will allow us to use their ecosystem as well.
Edge impulse is one example as they are ecosystem partners of megachips and IP partners for brainchip.
So there is a lot of information is provided to market but people donot have patience.
That makes sense if those partnerships were currently immaterial financially.

The grey area is Brainchip have not informed the market of that change in business model.. Sean has stated publicly Brainchip is an IP and Royalty Company.

Therefore according to the market, that is what is expected for the market to make a valuation on..

And any new partners could not be assumed as IP recipients of Akida.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users
All we have to do is “wait”

View attachment 55212
Future as in future products, not current products coming to the market like the MBOS..

I agree.. It’s a timing issue.. Will take longer lead times to get Gen 2 into ‘future’ products..

Reactions: 1 users
QUOTES OF THE WEEK:

1. “Anyone being critical of things I say are plain ignorant and deluded in their opinions defending BRNs underwhelming results the past 2 years” - Schnitzel Lover, Anonymous poster

2. “BRN is a complete laggard in the sector” - Schnitzel Lover, Anonymous poster

3.. "Deeply embedded applications can benefit from the combination of compact SiFive Essential™ processors with BrainChip's efficient Akida-E processors; More complex applications such as object recognition, robotics and more can take advantage of SiFive X280 Intelligence™ AI Dataflow processors, which are tightly integrated with BrainChip's Akida-S or Akida-P neural processors. ” - Phil Dworsky, Global Head of Strategic Alliances at SiFive

4. 'Oh my god. I wish the audience could come and see some of the demos. It is here today coming into one of the doorways its recognising my facial expressions. It knows if I am happy or sad. This may seem scary but I'm thinking of people with disabilities to help humanity. I really applaud Brainchip for your technology and IP. I see every silicon vendor and every device will have your technology,,,' - Spencer Huang Chief Revenue Officer Edge Impulse.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 81 users
@zeeb0t at what point does people claiming we are all in a cult trigger the next ban wave?
Nothing helpful shared by some, and most post are designed to attack specific posters in either direction.
It also just buries the good stuff in the in-fighting.
I love low quality posts (just check my history) but they don't spark a 3 page long argument about people instead of BRN.

Just eerily similar to Bacon lover and co before they got booted.
1706241166584.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Hi All
As it is time for wild predictions about Brainchips imminent collapse this is mine:

China will invade Taiwan. The US will respond China will declare war on the US and it’s allies. Donald Trump will become President and do a deal that ends the war between China and the US on the basis China gets Taiwan, Japan and Australia.

Australia is overrun the ASX collapses. All ASX listed companies and their assets are forfeited to the CCP and we all are penniless and in detention camps.😂🤣😂🤡🤡🤡

Our PM just happens to be overseas in the USA. He claims asylum and is appointed economic adviser to the President.🤡🤡🤡

Laughable yes but as sensible as any other prediction I have read this morning.

1. Samsung with its own foundries will destroy Brainchip unless Brainchip IP is being used by Samsung through ARM or otherwise.

“Samsung is the second-biggest foundry globally by revenue, with a 17.3% market share compared to 52.9% for TSMC, according to TrendForce”

This means 82% of the worlds chips are not made by Samsung.

ARM supplies 90% of the chips used in mobile phones. This means Samsung has less than ten percent of the market for chips in mobile phones. There are others supplying chips within that 10% market space out competing Samsung.

Brainchip supplies IP which could be used in 82% of all chips made by foundries but if they are not being used by Samsung might as well shut up shop and go home.

Makes complete sense apparently.

2. Brainchip is partnered with dozens of companies but if revenue does not come from Renesas, VVDN and MegaChips this year it’s all over. The disclosed relationships with OnSemi,Infineon & Microchip companies with a combined capitalisation of 112 billion dollars means nothing. The partnership with Mercedes Benz isn’t worth a cracker. The Unigen AKIDA Cupcake is a write off. The EDGX and ANT61 space applications of no consequence. Tata Elxsi driving AKIDA technology use in medical and industrial applications forget it.
Valeo dead in the water does not rate a mention. ARM who has even heard of it.

The list of dismissals this wild prediction assumes even exceeds what Warnie used to do to an English Ashes team.

If you want to make unsupported idiotic statements on this investment forum yes you will be attacked.

You will be ridiculed and hounded.

You might even be a genuine shareholder unhappy and hurting as a result of the share price but the posters who come here are in the same boat.

There are in case you didn’t know not two classes of shares where your shares are 15.5 cents and mine are $10.00. Every share holder is holding BRNASX at 15.5 cents.

Allowing illogical unsupported rubbish does not improve investor sentiment nor does it encourage new investment to enquire more deeply potentially improving prospects of recovery over time.

There is a place for you to go and rant and it’s free and does not care about accuracy and is open 24/7. No one will fact check you there you can go for it till the cows come home.

This of course is not news to you. The fact you come here raises concerns when you by your own admission know you will be attacked.

Maybe you are like those who sit among the rival teams supporters and barrack for your team while hurling abuse at those around you. Then complain when a beer is emptied over your head.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
"China will invade Taiwan. The US will respond China will declare war on the US and it’s allies. Donald Trump will become President and do a deal that ends the war between China and the US on the basis China gets Taiwan, Japan and Australia"

Not such a wild theory, in my opinion FactFinder 😛
Australia, has no chance at all, against an invasion from China, without the US backing us up.
It's the only reason they wouldn't attempt it.

I don't think England, would step up to the plate, or even be capable either.

As much as I hate the US (except for giving us the muscle car period and it's music) with what they've done to the World, for their own benefit.

They are the only thing, keeping the Chinese from invading Australia.

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

JoMo68

Regular
@zeeb0t at what point does people claiming we are all in a cult trigger the next ban wave?
Nothing helpful shared by some, and most post are designed to attack specific posters in either direction.
It also just buries the good stuff in the in-fighting.
I love low quality posts (just check my history) but they don't spark a 3 page long argument about people instead of BRN.

Just eerily similar to Bacon lover and co before they got booted.
Personally I’ve long suspected Baconlover and Schnitzel lover are one and the same…

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
QUOTES OF THE WEEK:

1. “Anyone being critical of things I say are plain ignorant and deluded in their opinions defending BRNs underwhelming results the past 2 years” - Schnitzel Lover, Anonymous poster

2. “BRN is a complete laggard in the sector” - Schnitzel Lover, Anonymous poster

3.. "Deeply embedded applications can benefit from the combination of compact SiFive Essential™ processors with BrainChip's efficient Akida-E processors; More complex applications such as object recognition, robotics and more can take advantage of SiFive X280 Intelligence™ AI Dataflow processors, which are tightly integrated with BrainChip's Akida-S or Akida-P neural processors. ” - Phil Dworsky, Global Head of Strategic Alliances at SiFive

4. 'Oh my god. I wish the audience could come and see some of the demos. It is here today coming into one of the doorways its recognising my facial expressions. It knows if I am happy or sad. This may seem scary but I'm thinking of people with disabilities to help humanity. I really applaud Brainchip for your technology and IP. I see every silicon vendor and every device will have your technology,,,' - Spencer Huang Chief Revenue Officer Edge Impulse.
Think you should add your war post as a quote of the week..

Probably one of the more likely possibilities of anything eventuating with the convergence of multiple cycle peaks in the latter few years of this decade.. one being the alleged 84 yr US war cycle.

Scary times coming indeed.. You will remember the severity of the early 90s recession.. This one will also be no laughing matter..

I still stick with Brainchip making their mark as a Semi Conductor industry standard in early to mid 2030s.. They will just have to navigate several TO attempts beforehand in my view..

Personally I’ve long suspected Baconlover and Schnitzel lover are one and the same…

I can assure you I love bacon as well, but we are not the same person. He is in Aussie burgers and I’m in Parmas.. The only real association is the Hawaain Schnitzel burger..

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
A walk down memory lane with Renesas:

1. Aliso Viejo, Calif. – 23 December 2020 – BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN), a leading provider of ultra-low power, high-performance AI technology, today announced the signing of an intellectual property license agreement with Renesas Electronics America Inc., a subsidiary of Japan-based Renesas Electronics Corp., a tier-one semiconductor manufacturer that specializes in microcontroller and automotive SoC products. The unconditional agreement provides for: • a single-use, royalty-bearing, worldwide IP design license for the rights to use the Akida™ IP in the customer’s SoC products, which continues while the customer continues to use the Akida IP in its products. The parties agreed to customary termination terms; • BrainChip to provide implementation support services (at an agreed fee to cover costs) aimed at facilitating the customer’s adoption and commercialization of the Akida-licensed product during the first year of the license agreement. • The agreement provides for various payment terms including the payment of ongoing royalties based on the volume of units sold, commencing at certain agreed volume threshold and the net sale price of the customer’s products. The royalties remain in effect throughout the life of the licensed product. • Brainchip to provide software maintenance services, which attract a separate fee if the customer elects to continue to use these services after the first two years of the agreement.

2. Renesas is taping out a chip using the spiking neural network (SNN) technology developed by Brainchip.
This is part of a move to boost the leading edge performance of its chips for the Internet of Things, Sailesh Chittipeddi became Executive Vice President and General Manager of IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit at Renesas Electronics and the former CEO of IDT tells eeNews Europe.

This strategy has seen the company develop the first silicon for ARM’s M85 and RISC-V cores, along with new capacity and foundry deals.

“We are very happy to be at the leading edge and now we have made a rapid transition to address our ARM shortfall but we realise the challenges in the marketplace and introduced the RISC-V products to make sure we don’t fall behind in the new architectures,” he said.

“Our next move is to more advanced technology nodes to push the microcontrollers into the gigahertz regime and that’s where the is overlap with microprocessors. The way I look at it is all about the system performance.”

“Now you have accelerators for driving AI with neural processing units rather than a dual core CPU. We are working with a third party taping out a device in December on 22nm CMOS,” said Chittipeddi.

Brainchip and Renesas signed a deal in December 2020 to implement the spiking neural network technology. Tools are vital for this new area. “The partner gives us the training tools that are needed,” he said. - Renesas tapes out spiking neural network chip
Interviews | December 2, 2022 By Nick Flaherty

3."We see an increasing demand for real-time, on-device, intelligence in AI applications powered by our MCUs and the need to make sensors smarter for industrial and IoT devices," said Roger Wendelken, Senior Vice President in Renesas' IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit. "We licensed Akida neural processors because of their unique neuromorphic approach to bring hyper-efficient acceleration for today's mainstream AI models at the edge. With the addition of advanced temporal convolution and vision transformers, we can see how low-power MCUs can revolutionize vision, perception, and predictive applications in wide variety of markets like industrial and consumer IoT and personalized healthcare, just to name a few."' - LAGUNA HILLS, CA / ACCESSWIRE / March 6, 2023 / BrainChip Holdings Ltd

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There appears to have been no other information released by Renesas that could possibly support an argument that Renesas has abandoned its plans to use AKIDA IP in its SOC products.

At best the above information allows for the idea that Renesas according to the comments of Roger Wendelken may be considering the addition of advanced temporal convolution and vision transformers to its low-powered MCU's to revolutionize vision, perception and predictive application in a wide variety of markets like industrial, consumer IOT and personalized healthcare amongst others.

The idea that the failure to record revenue from Renesas by Brainchip in 2024 amounts to a failure by Brainchip is at best a personal fantasy at worst a deliberate attempt to deceive as it is most certainly not supported by the information released by Renesas to the market.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users
“Anyone being critical of things I say are plain ignorant and deluded in their opinions defending BRNs underwhelming results the past 2 years” - Schnitzel Lover, Anonymous poster

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users

Pandaxxx

Regular
Hi all,

I’m as excited as the next guy - but can someone please show me where the quote below by Phil is found in a primary document?

I can see that Marcus quoted him - I just cannot see where this quote is from??

“Through our collaboration with BrainChip, we enable the combination of SiFive's RISC-V processor IP portfolio and BrainChip's 2nd generation Akida neuromorphic IP to deliver a power-efficient, high-performance solution for AI processing at the edge. Deeply embedded applications can benefit from the combination of compact SiFive Essential™ processors with BrainChip's efficient Akida-E processors; More complex applications such as object recognition, robotics and more can take advantage of SiFive X280 Intelligence™ AI Dataflow processors, which are tightly integrated with BrainChip's Akida-S or Akida-P neural processors. ” - Phil Dworsky, Global Head of Strategic Alliances at SiFive”

Thanks in advance,

Panda.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 2 users
Hi all,

I’m as excited as the next guy - but can someone please show me where the quote below by Phil is found in a primary document?

I can see that Marcus quested him - I just cannot see where this quote is from??

“Through our collaboration with BrainChip, we enable the combination of SiFive's RISC-V processor IP portfolio and BrainChip's 2nd generation Akida neuromorphic IP to deliver a power-efficient, high-performance solution for AI processing at the edge. Deeply embedded applications can benefit from the combination of compact SiFive Essential™ processors with BrainChip's efficient Akida-E processors; More complex applications such as object recognition, robotics and more can take advantage of SiFive X280 Intelligence™ AI Dataflow processors, which are tightly integrated with BrainChip's Akida-S or Akida-P neural processors. ” - Phil Dworsky, Global Head of Strategic Alliances at SiFive”

Thanks in advance,

Panda.
Good question, I'm sure the 100 eyes will be onto it 👍

7für7

Regular
Good question, I'm sure the 100 eyes will be onto it 👍
Jeeez not long time ago it was 1000 eyes 😓 hope this will not effect the share price negatively on Monday

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Quiltman

Regular
Hi all,

I can see that Marcus quested him - I just cannot see where this quote is from??

Thanks in advance,

Panda.
It was part of the commentary from the launch of 2.0 .

7C8EBAAA-9FED-4C5F-B4DF-41B130BBE2DE.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 28 users

Pandaxxx

Regular
  • Love
Hi all,

I can see that Marcus quoted him - I just cannot see where this quote is from??

Thanks in advance,

Panda.
Not got a clue

1706247890103.gif

• Haha
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Top Bottom