BRN Discussion Ongoing

M_C

Founding Member
Rob Telson "LIKES" this..................

4 x theories as to why Rob felt the need to like this -

1. It involves AKIDA in some way shape or form

2. He enjoys showing his undying support for our competition who are actually more like partners

3. He was browsing LinkedIn after a couple of beers and is gunning for a job with NVIDIA

or

4. Refer to number 1

And for those nay sayers who don't like paying attention to what Rob "Likes"...............over the past 2 months he liked half a dozen SiFive posts on LinkedIn................

Speculation Only

Capture.PNG

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 46 users

Perhaps

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

2. He enjoys showing his undying support for our competition who are actually more like partners

3. He was browsing LinkedIn after a couple of beers and is gunning for a job with NVIDIA

or

4. Refer to number 1

And for those nay sayers who don't like paying attention to what Rob "Likes"...............over the past 2 months he liked half a dozen SiFive posts on LinkedIn................

Speculation Only

View attachment 3952
You do remember when Rob Telson was interviewed recently he was asked about competing with Nvidia and he steered the question away from competing suggesting they would not see Nvidia as a competitor but as more of a partner in the future.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 46 users

or

4. Refer to number 1

Speculation Only

View attachment 3952
Watching the Qualcomm video u put up today jogged my memory as to this image on the Valeo presentation recently with Qualcomm, nvidia, working with Valeo. A few other big names there as well.

They probably only got onboard to work with Akida! 😀

1649406216928.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

M_C

Founding Member
Watching the Qualcomm video u put up today jogged my memory as to this image on the Valeo presentation recently with Qualcomm, nvidia, working with Valeo. A few other big names there as well.

They probably only got onboard to work with Akida! 😀

View attachment 3955
Could be because both NVIDIA and QUALCOMM are involved with MERCEDES from what I've read

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Can I ask what these PCIe boards are actually used for? Disclaimer : I know nothing about computers.
I was chatting to a friend the other day ( who is a bit of a computer nerd ) and I was telling him how keen I am on a company called Brainchip. He had not heard of them and he asked me what do they do? I explained they have developed a you beaut AI chip and they are in the business of trying to sell it to some of the major players in the semi conductor industry. I went on to tell him that Brainchip sells a small electronic circuit board that you can attach to your PC . He asked me what is it used for and I could not answer him.
If anybody that has bought one of these boards could explain ( in dinosaur / laymans terms ) what they are used for it would be much appreciated.

These PCIe boards slot straight into a computer. BrainChip support either Linux or Windows operating systems for this device.

Once physically installed and the requisite software drivers are installed, the device is ready for use.

From there it's really up to a mix of both the users knowledge (to build stuff / programming) and creativity (to imagine novel applications of this tech).

While all this is completely feasible via akida IP (the pure software option), there is arguably merit in using actual hardware (i.e. this PCIe board) - namely performance benefits.

These could be used by the average hobbyists like me... or they could be used by engineering teams part of large organisations. The whole point of selling these is to get it in front of as many people as possible. The more people who see what it can do and realise how it is better than what they imagined or were already familiar with, the better.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

Zedjack33

Regular
The quiet before the storm.

Bring it on.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

M_C

Founding Member
These PCIe boards slot straight into a computer. BrainChip support either Linux or Windows operating systems for this device.

Once physically installed and the requisite software drivers are installed, the device is ready for use.

From there it's really up to a mix of both the users knowledge (to build stuff / programming) and creativity (to imagine novel applications of this tech).

While all this is completely feasible via akida IP (the pure software option), there is arguably merit in using actual hardware (i.e. this PCIe board) - namely performance benefits.

These could be used by the average hobbyists like me... or they could be used by engineering teams part of large organisations. The whole point of selling these is to get it in front of as many people as possible. The more people who see what it can do and realise how it is better than what they imagined or were already familiar with, the better.
You should be smart more often 😛

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users

Fox151

Regular
When I read things like the following extract and recall how Tony Dawe complained to me about the incessant cyber attacks from China and emails from China flooding the companies web site I often think Brainchip should not tell me or any other legitimate shareholder anything about what it is up to in case it causes a security breach:

"Last month the bureau conducted its biggest operation to date - a raid of eight companies aimed at countering what it said was "the Chinese Communist Party's illegal activities of talent-poaching and secret-stealing".

Then I hear what I hear from Ken Scarince in his latest presentation about how protective they are of their intellectual property and patents and I think just trust Brainchip they know what they are doing on this front.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Do you know if they have they put Akida at work in their own office to thwart these cyber attacks? Or is that capability still some way off?

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Proga

Regular
Akida works with both Lidar and Cameras. I’m very comfortable with Toyota’s choice.
It's going to be interesting to see which path they finally take. Both are trying to use GPU's. I know Tesla is struggling to get it done so hopefully they see the light and start using Akida.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Proga

Regular

or

4. Refer to number 1

Speculation Only

View attachment 3952

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

MDhere

Regular
Agreed. I’m not sure we’re ever going to really know where our chips/ip end up. Silently conquering the world via Megachips, Renesas, and now SiFive. We may only ever know via the financials…
And maybe a little sticker or logo saying "powered by Akida" 🙂 or even our logo in marketing brochures :)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Topic main picture

• Mercedes-Benz opens the Electric Software Hub, a software integration factory at the Sindelfingen site
  • Stuttgart/Sindelfingen, Apr 8, 2022 - Mercedes-Benz aims to be a leader in both electric driving and vehicle software. To accelerate this development, the company has invested more than 200 million euros in the Electric Software Hub at the Mercedes Technology Centre (MTC) in Sindelfingen

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 58 users
Do you know if they have they put Akida at work in their own office to thwart these cyber attacks? Or is that capability still some way off?
I don’t know. FF

Reactions: 3 users
Topic main picture

• Mercedes-Benz opens the Electric Software Hub, a software integration factory at the Sindelfingen site
  • Stuttgart/Sindelfingen, Apr 8, 2022 - Mercedes-Benz aims to be a leader in both electric driving and vehicle software. To accelerate this development, the company has invested more than 200 million euros in the Electric Software Hub at the Mercedes Technology Centre (MTC) in Sindelfingen
Thanks FF, this is huge. What a time to be working with with Mercedes. And not to overstated it, but with a technology that has the potential to be the cornerstone of so many parts of their future technical software and systems development.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

MDhere

Regular
Topic main picture

After Daimler selling their shares in Tesla, i think this time around it will be buying up Brn. UBS as well are too. It's coming together very nicely folks and i like what I'm seeing 👍

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Dang Son

Regular
I imagine Brainchip software developers would be busy designing and programing various systems for data analyses, one of which could be specific to defend against data breach and provide cyber security.
If this is the case we may well see new avenues of revenue from Company Patented Software Products to complement AKIDA uptake.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users
Thanks FF, this is huge. What a time to be working with with Mercedes. And not to overstated it, but with a technology that has the potential to be the cornerstone of so many parts of their future technical software and systems development.
What is not included as this is a very long article with lots of back slapping and comments from local politicians etc is they have 1,100 employees at this site 1,000 of which are to be software engineers and they are adding a total of 3,000 software engineers world wide to fast track the digitisation and electrification of Mercedes Benz. They are setting up so that all 3,000 and partners can work virtually on the same bench as needed. They make the point that this is essential to maximising hardware in vehicles.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
I imagine Brainchip software developers would be busy designing and programing various systems for data analyses, one of which could be specific to defend against data breach and provide cyber security.
If this is the case we may well see new avenues of revenue from Company Patented Software Products to complement AKIDA uptake.
The Indian and French Offices are dedicated to software development.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

314F303D-1B84-4839-959B-EF20A8A71EC8.jpeg
63813358-12EE-4CEE-A69E-55126005F06A.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users
Top Bottom