BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
This just in....

View attachment 53672

YAY! We got the right logo this time!

7-huge-phew-emotion-acegif.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

7für7

Regular
Re

Some interesting tidbits here...

Gerrit Ecke (Researcher for Future Automotive Software Development and for Neuromorphic Computing) @ Mercedes-Benz

Gerrit says the CLA Class "carries the genes of the EQXX" and goes on to talk about how important efficiency is, which makes me automatically think back to Marcus Shaefer's "In the Loop" blog (which Gerrit also "liked") in which he discusses energy efficiency relating to EQXX voice control (which we know was due to BrainChip's technology (see below).

View attachment 53662

View attachment 53663

Extract from "In the Loop" blog.

View attachment 53666

The other thing I find very interesting is that Gerrit Ecke 'liked" Simon Thorpe's talk in March in which he discusses the JAST learning rule, which is now owned by Brainchip.

View attachment 53667

View attachment 53669

Reminded me of one of my favourite Angels songs, something even @Diogenese can enjoy 😛

Turn it up loud.

Reactions: 2 users

Damo4

Regular
Phew...we got there in the end

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Dougie54

Regular
Unfortunately wrong logo and company.
The blurb it links to if you click on it notes Virpi Pennanen, CEO of NVISO Group and that is the Nviso group we are all aware of.
The Nviso.eu is a totally different company of which Virpi Pennanen is not CEO.

I have emailed JPR communications so hopefully that is the correct person to fix the error.
Aren’t we involved with Both ?

Reactions: 1 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Not sure if this has been shared
Thanks @davidfitz for the above post.

Learning 🪴

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users
Point taken, but if you wanted to ultimately deploy your built and trained model to hardware, for use in low power environments, you’d still need to buy the standalone Mini PCIe Board or one of the Development Kits, right?
Which brings us back to the uni researcher’s cost comparison…

Not quite correct, by the way. It is the Mini PCIe Board that was/is sold for US$499, not the Raspberry Pi Development Kit. For that one you had to spend US$4995.

View attachment 53619
If you are a hobbyist I suspect so.

If you are a company like Mercedes Benz, Tata Elxsi, Valeo, Samsung, Toshiba, VVDN, Unigen, Microchip, Renesas, Megachips etc or a professional developer building a real world commercial product I would suspect not.

Indeed implicit in Brainchip moving to the IP sales model announced by Sean Hehir CEO is a complete switch to those customers who are interested in applications where more than 1 million AKD1000 are required as Anil Mankar at the 2021 Ai Field Day stated that it becomes much more economical to use the AKIDA IP at above this number.

Actually even going back as far as Mr. Dinardo in 2020 when he was speaking about the need to have the AKD1000 engineering samples to convince proof of concept customers for the IP he said something to the effect that this was understandable when a company would be spending 30, 40 or 50 odd million to bring a product to market with AKIDA.

It now strikes me that once it went to IP only it was abandoning any interest in hobbyists.

In any event as Brainchip is a fast evolving company the fact that developers can use Edge Impulse for free then download their application and send it as a file to a company to consider buying into it for commercial applications this means that even your professor with his $100 budget can now take his idea and run it on Edge Impulse without further capital investment and prove how much better it could be if AKIDA is used.

If of course he only wants to play with it at home and never intended a commercial product flow from his work then he will not even need to run it through Edge Impulse's platform and his Arduino will meet his purpose.

Thinking about it now as my original interest was simply to confirm DB's recollection while I was out and about but now that I am home, the good Professor might actually have better chosen Edge Impulse to compare his Arduino with as they provide a free platform which he, would be developers, hobbyists and children starting out if they do not have $100 to buy the Arduino could be accessing.

He could possibly then made out a legitimate argument as to why it was better to spend the $100 on Arduino and not use the free Edge Impulse platform which comes with free access to AKIDA technology. From what I read children might best be kicked off with an Arduino kit as it is tailored to children beginning their technology journey.

As neither you (if I understood your earlier post correctly) or I are techies, it might be best if someone with the correct credentials comments on this point.

What has come out of this for me though is a much better understanding of the full implications of moving Brainchip to an IP only sales model. Brainchip is definitely only going after big game now.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 52 users
Phew...we got there in the end

Hi All
I am a bit interested in the term 'NVISO Group'.

Anyone know what companies make up the 'Group'?

I ask only because when they were chasing funds offering shares and sent out some material I don't recall anything about there being other
companies involved or about them being part of a Group. I did not follow up their offer so know no more than this.

My opinion only DYOR

Reactions: 12 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Clearly LG doesn't want to be left behind......

Loving our close association with Tenstorrent.....

Screenshot_20240108_151216_LinkedIn.jpg
Screenshot_20240108_152409_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Recently released neuromorphic chat it’s been liked by Sounak Dey from Tata .
Goes for 40 minutes I havnt had time to view , maybe of interest to some

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Hi All
I am a bit interested in the term 'NVISO Group'.

Anyone know what companies make up the 'Group'?

I ask only because when they were chasing funds offering shares and sent out some material I don't recall anything about there being other
companies involved or about them being part of a Group. I did not follow up their offer so know no more than this.

My opinion only DYOR

This holds some answers https://company-announcements.afr.com/asx/ypb/54c23c06-2c0d-11ee-9451-326dbffed562.pdf

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

skutza

Regular
Hi All, I have looked everywhere for the article, but can no longer find it (2 days ago). @Quiltman posted an article on the new Concept CLA incorporating EQXX technology last year. I recently was reading an article, (I wish i had posted here) basically it said the CLA was going to be at the CES 2024 and was using a new operating system. The words used were that "it uses a spiking neural network were tasks are stored to save energy and then implemented at once", or something like this. It seems the article has been removed from the WWW? Interesting...... Can anyone else find it?

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Couple of pics from the Moschip stand in preparation for CES , looks like a few Akida possibilities

IMG_8109.jpeg

IMG_8110.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users
Not sure if it’s been discussed before and not got a clue if it’s off any interest, but I thought I’d post it for the ones in the know to look at. A patent by Samsung.

IMG_5774.png

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users
Hi All, I have looked everywhere for the article, but can no longer find it (2 days ago). @Quiltman posted an article on the new Concept CLA incorporating EQXX technology last year. I recently was reading an article, (I wish i had posted here) basically it said the CLA was going to be at the CES 2024 and was using a new operating system. The words used were that "it uses a spiking neural network were tasks are stored to save energy and then implemented at once", or something like this. It seems the article has been removed from the WWW? Interesting...... Can anyone else find it?
After reading all the information about companies and the upcoming CES show in Vegas, I'd be disappointed if there's no Akida news

Reactions: 2 users
Many thanks Wizy123 it is certainly interesting and gives some substance to the Nviso Brainchip partnership:

I wanted to copy and paste some parts but it was resistant to my advances.

Still leaves some scope for more information about the use of ‘Group’ but definitely a must read.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Prasad Deshpande from VALEO 'likes' the Brainchip/ Microchip news.

Seems such a random thing for someone at Valeo to like. 😝

Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 5.17.39 pm.png

Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 5.18.54 pm.png

Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 5.18.10 pm.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users
Top Bottom