BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
As a reward for our good behaviour I have just brought over from the NASA thread the following extracts from an SBIR software contract which Rocket had linked and challenged me to highlight anything of interest. Well the following is my take on what was interesting about this SBIR.

It is in my opinion pretty amazing stuff when you consider they mention Loihi and True North in the full knowledge that they cannot meet the specified requirements under COTS and SWaP. (PS: Somewhere I read something about Brainchip and open sourced hardware recently.) The link to the full document is at the end.
My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

DESCRIPTION: Conventional computing architectures are running up against a quantum limit in terms of transistor size and efficiency, sometimes referred to as the end of Moore’s Law. To regain our competitive edge, we need to find a way around this limit. This is especially relevant for small size, weight, and power (SWaP)-constrained platforms. For these systems, scaling Von Neumann computing becomes prohibitively expensive in terms of power and/or SWaP.Biologically inspired neural networks provide the basis for modern signal processing and classification algorithms.

Implementation of these algorithms on conventional computing hardware requires significant compromises in efficiency and latency due to fundamental design differences. A new class of hardware is emerging that more closely resembles the biological neuron model, also known as a spiking neuron model; mathematically describing the systems found in nature and may solve some of these limitations and bottlenecks. Recent work has demonstrated performance gains using these new hardware architectures and have shown equivalence to converge on a solution with the same accuracy [Ref 1].The most promising of the new class are based on Spiking Neural Networks (SNN) and analog Processing in Memory (PiM) where information is spatially and temporally encoded onto the network. It can be shown that a simple spiking network can reproduce the complex behavior found in the neural cortex with significant reduction in complexity and power requirements [Ref 2]……

“It is recommended to use open source languages, software, and hardware when possible.”…

PHASE III:
Refine algorithms and test with hardware. Validate models with data provided by Naval Air Warfare Center (NAWC) Aircraft Division (AD)/Weapons Division (WD). Transition model to the warfare centers. Development of documentation, training manuals, and software maintenance may be required.Heavy commercial investments in machine learning and artificial intelligence will likely continue for the foreseeable future. Adoption of hardware that can deliver on orders of magnitude in SWaP performance for intelligent mobile machine applications is estimated to be worth 10^9-10^12 global dollars annually.) Provide the software tools needed to optimize the algorithms and hardware integration. This effort would be a significant contribution to this requirement. Industries that would benefit from successful technology development include automotive (self-driving vehicles), personal robots, and a variety of intelligent sensors.

KEYWORDS: Spiking Neural Network, Neuromorphic Computing, Modeling, Convolution Neural Network, Analog Memory, Processing in Memory

https://www.sbir.gov/node/1696107

Modeling Neuromorphic and Advanced Computing Architectures​

OBJECTIVE:
Develop a software tool to optimize the signal processing chain across various sensors and systems, e.g., radar, electronic warfare (EW), electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR), and communications, that consists of functional models that can be assembled to produce an integrated network model used to predict overall detection/classification, power, and throughput performance to make design trade-off decisions.

I'll just slip into this phone box and change into my MetaTF getup.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
They barred me for being a truth bomber, what say you ?
Truth is one thing. You perpetually post irrelevant junk. As I said, go back to hotcrapper where that is actually tolerated.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Fire

wilzy123

Founding Member
I did ask for a refund from @ZeebOt btw.... no reply...must be money hungry
You are still here?

Reactions: 1 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
It will be hard to quantify. The value sits not so much in the units sold but more in the absolute validation it brings. What higher level of approval could you hope for than having your new disruptive tech being adopted by NASA. The critical risks and harsh environment NASA works within demand nothing but the absolute best in terms of technology, reliability and functionality. I cant think of another company or brand that is more well know for pushing the limits of technology and humankind.
WELL SAID ..... Totally agree

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

wilzy123

Founding Member

wilzy123

Founding Member
I actually thought you were really cool.i loved your giffs on HC. I supported you.... I guess you you can't really pick who's who ... wow
Please, keep rationalising your junk posts with some emotional comments. It just makes it easier for everyone.

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
😮 how's go fuck yourself sound?

I don't need this platform to be invested in BRN happy, enjoy your elitist back slapping hand on 🍆 unreality of what ai is going to do to decimate it ...enjoy spending your profits. You won't have long...neither will many.... got a giff for my send off Mr founding member 🍆?
images - 2022-03-08T235947.078.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
I think your followers have similar issues

I take solice in highly respected posters give me ❤🔥 that my posts aren't rubbish , so im not seeing what your seeing...🤔 ?
THIS. Like soooooo many of your junk posts have nothing to do with BRN. Quit embarrassing yourself and spend your time on hotcrapper instead.

• Fire
  • Love

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
I think your followers have similar issues

I take solice in highly respected posters give me ❤🔥 that my posts aren't rubbish , so im not seeing what your seeing...🤔 ?
200w.gif

One post a day then you will get someone with you on other side

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
After a brief interruption we have retuned to normal programming!

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
That escalated quickly. Anyway it has been dealt with now. Please carry on.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

TECH

Regular
Hi All,

Great to see our company signing a new partnership..SiFive have been unofficially linked to Brainchip via Linkedin chatter for around 4 years while Lou was in charge...personally I was aware of this company, but it was just another dot until the recent announcement.

An hour or so ago I received this video from Simon Thorpe in France, some of you will appreciate this information, please see the link below....share price continues to be manipulated, but the time is fast approaching when the revenue will do ALL the talking, hoping to get an update from the company soon :)....no news is good news, long hours, hard work, loosing faith now would be a huge mistake in my opinion, the company has certainly been quiet overall, but the second-half is when I EXPECT to see some movement.....cheers for now....Tech (Perth)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 71 users

Baisyet

Regular
Good Night 1000 eyes, we have so much potential with what has been posted here.Why market is reacting other way round nobody knows. But as all of us here have a good faith not just on whim but with the research and what we have heard and seen with deals made. And big name using our tech. Lets dream not just a dream but big dream and one day it will be realized.
cheers

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi All,

Great to see our company signing a new partnership..SiFive have been unofficially linked to Brainchip via Linkedin chatter for around 4 years while Lou was in charge...personally I was aware of this company, but it was just another dot until the recent announcement.

An hour or so ago I received this video from Simon Thorpe in France, some of you will appreciate this information, please see the link below....share price continues to be manipulated, but the time is fast approaching when the revenue will do ALL the talking, hoping to get an update from the company soon :)....no news is good news, long hours, hard work, loosing faith now would be a huge mistake in my opinion, the company has certainly been quiet overall, but the second-half is when I EXPECT to see some movement.....cheers for now....Tech (Perth)

Hi Tech (a suitable greeting for this blog),

Caching! (penny dropping)

Eureka - you've found it - the secret sauce!
1649334749949.png

Taking the earliest N spikes from the M input spikes because the earlier spikes are the strongest.

Hence temporal coding.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi All,

Then at about 56 minutes, Simon gives Akida and its JAST licence a big boost.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 47 users
I’m not up to that yet but I feel a bit naughty watching this. For Brainchips sake I was hoping the secret sauce would stay secret!

I don’t need further validation of Brainchips success. I’m on the bus and I’m not going anywhere!

Thanks for all your input Dio and FF.

Very much appreciated!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I’m not up to that yet but I feel a bit naughty watching this. For Brainchips sake I was hoping the secret sauce would stay secret!

I don’t need further validation of Brainchips success. I’m on the bus and I’m not going anywhere!

Thanks for all your input Dio and FF.

Very much appreciated!
I've seen the N of M slide before, but Simon's explanation is what really caused the penny to drop.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

KMuzza

Mad Scientist
Yes - well the Secret Sauce founder has revealed the source-(y)- but all roads lead to JAST- ( see previous Forums)-:cool::cool:
Really serious that Brainchip owes a lot to Monsieur Simon Thorpe. - as the JAST team leader-(y)😊

AKIDA BALLISTA-

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users
Top Bottom