BRN Discussion Ongoing

Xray1

Regular
Doesn’t look like Sean is putting his money in the game to me.

Gets his shares on the 28th of November and sells on the 1st of December and we don’t get announcement till the 18th of December

Absolutely unacceptable.

Oversight my ass!
Agreed ............ imo, this is not a good look neither for the Co nor for s/holders. This implies to me, that the Co might not be expecting any meaningful gains in the S/price in the short term, otherwise alternative means to finance US tax obligations may have been sort ...... also by being given vesting shares from the company's employees share plan trust, there wouldn't be imo any issues being potentially raised about insider trading issues and selling those vesting shares at far far higher price in due course than what they are being currently trading at.

Reactions: 3 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
If you believe this is the case, as a company with a A class team and hobnobbing with the superstars, Can you tell me why where well behind on the ASX Scoreboard

What can I say? Not everyone is savvy enough to be an Innovator or Early Adopter.

Screen Shot 2023-12-18 at 2.35.03 pm.png

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

TECH

Regular

Mercedes-Benz To Unveil AI-Powered MBUX Virtual Assistant at CES 2024​

Mobility Outlook Bureau

Mobility Outlook Bureau
17 Dec 2023

10:00 AM

2 Min Read
At CES 2024, the world's largest consumer electronics show, Mercedes-Benz is set to showcase its game-changing MBUX Virtual Assistant, an AI-powered technology that elevates the driver-car relationship to unprecedented heights.

Mercedes-Benz

Connected technology has been a buzzword in the automotive industry for over a decade, with automakers worldwide striving to integrate cutting-edge tech into their vehicles. In recent years, a significant collaboration between consumer electronics and automotive players has propelled the development of connected car technology, enhancing both safety and convenience for drivers and passengers.

The journey of connected vehicles traces back to 1996 when General Motors introduced the first connected car features through OnStar in Cadillac DeVille, Seville, and Eldorado. Originally designed for safety purposes, OnStar allowed bidirectional communication with a call center, ensuring swift emergency responses in the event of an accident. Over the years, connected car services expanded to include features such as vehicle health reports, turn-by-turn directions, and data-only telematics.

Fast forward to the present, and the automotive landscape is witnessing a paradigm shift, with Mercedes-Benz taking the lead in redefining the digital passenger experience. At CES 2024, the world's largest consumer electronics show, Mercedes-Benz is set to showcase its game-changing MBUX Virtual Assistant, an AI-powered technology that elevates the driver-car relationship to unprecedented heights.

Mercedes' AI-powered MBUX Virtual Assistant, part of the Mercedes-Benz Operating System (MB.OS), introduces a natural, human-like interaction that promises a hyper-personalized and intuitive customer experience. Going beyond voice commands, this advanced feature incorporates high-resolution game-engine graphics from Unity, adding a visual dimension to the familiar 'Hey Mercedes' voice assistant.

Ola Källenius, CEO of Mercedes-Benz, emphasised the company's commitment to reinventing the digital passenger experience through AI. He explained, 'It includes empathetic characteristics that sync with your driving style and mood. Paired with our in-house MB.OS architecture, this approach will define the future of digital luxury.'

The unveiling of the MBUX Virtual Assistant at CES 2024 is a significant milestone for Mercedes-Benz, marking the next major step in their vision for the future of connected cars. The concept vehicle, Concept CLA Class, based on the Mercedes Modular Architecture (MMA) and MB.OS, will make its North American premiere, offering a glimpse into the forthcoming family of four vehicles.

Adding to the excitement, visitors can catch a sneak peek of the electric future with the camouflaged prototype of the electric G-Class. Mercedes-Benz promises further highlights, including groundbreaking developments in in-car entertainment and a first-of-its-kind partnership.

As Mercedes-Benz continues to push the boundaries of automotive technology, the CES 2024 event is poised to be a platform for showcasing the intersection of artificial intelligence, connectivity, and luxury in the digital era. The MBUX Virtual Assistant represents a bold leap towards redefining the driving experience, offering a tantalizing preview of what the future holds for connected cars.

https://www.mobilityoutlook.com/features/kia-india-re-strategizes-its-hybrid-cng-narrative/

Hi Bravo...thank you for all your excellent posts throughout the year, your passion for Brainchip is appreciated by many, Peter is well aware
of a core group of Brainchip shareholders who bring balanced views and at times constructive criticism which the company does listen to,
it's been a real journey to this point as you know, lets all hope that Mercedes Benz does include us in the unveiling at CES, that would be a
real blessing...have a positive, Happy Christmas.

Cheers.....Tech 🍻

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

Xray1

Regular
Hi Dingo, it may say it's powered by generative AI but you could also argue that the generative AI needs to be powered by something other than itself.

Taking note that the new MBUX virtual assistant goes beyond conventional voice assistants in that it's capable of hyper-personalisation, increased intuition that is capable of being in sync in real time with your mood and driving style.

As was proven with the Vision EQXX, such advanced voice assistant capabilities require more advanced technologies than traditional ones could allow for (i.e neuromorphic computing) due to the sheer amount of data processing and consequent power consumption involved.

Adding ChatGPT into the equation, would only increase the need for our technology in my opinion.
Bravo ...... I would also go one step further and say that M Benz would definitely consider, want and need an "Akida back-up system" in the event of any loss of connectivity issues involved with their own other systems they employ within their vehicles.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

MDhere

Regular

Mercedes-Benz To Unveil AI-Powered MBUX Virtual Assistant at CES 2024​

Mobility Outlook Bureau

Mobility Outlook Bureau
17 Dec 2023

10:00 AM

2 Min Read
At CES 2024, the world's largest consumer electronics show, Mercedes-Benz is set to showcase its game-changing MBUX Virtual Assistant, an AI-powered technology that elevates the driver-car relationship to unprecedented heights.

Mercedes-Benz

Connected technology has been a buzzword in the automotive industry for over a decade, with automakers worldwide striving to integrate cutting-edge tech into their vehicles. In recent years, a significant collaboration between consumer electronics and automotive players has propelled the development of connected car technology, enhancing both safety and convenience for drivers and passengers.

The journey of connected vehicles traces back to 1996 when General Motors introduced the first connected car features through OnStar in Cadillac DeVille, Seville, and Eldorado. Originally designed for safety purposes, OnStar allowed bidirectional communication with a call center, ensuring swift emergency responses in the event of an accident. Over the years, connected car services expanded to include features such as vehicle health reports, turn-by-turn directions, and data-only telematics.

Fast forward to the present, and the automotive landscape is witnessing a paradigm shift, with Mercedes-Benz taking the lead in redefining the digital passenger experience. At CES 2024, the world's largest consumer electronics show, Mercedes-Benz is set to showcase its game-changing MBUX Virtual Assistant, an AI-powered technology that elevates the driver-car relationship to unprecedented heights.

Mercedes' AI-powered MBUX Virtual Assistant, part of the Mercedes-Benz Operating System (MB.OS), introduces a natural, human-like interaction that promises a hyper-personalized and intuitive customer experience. Going beyond voice commands, this advanced feature incorporates high-resolution game-engine graphics from Unity, adding a visual dimension to the familiar 'Hey Mercedes' voice assistant.

Ola Källenius, CEO of Mercedes-Benz, emphasised the company's commitment to reinventing the digital passenger experience through AI. He explained, 'It includes empathetic characteristics that sync with your driving style and mood. Paired with our in-house MB.OS architecture, this approach will define the future of digital luxury.'

The unveiling of the MBUX Virtual Assistant at CES 2024 is a significant milestone for Mercedes-Benz, marking the next major step in their vision for the future of connected cars. The concept vehicle, Concept CLA Class, based on the Mercedes Modular Architecture (MMA) and MB.OS, will make its North American premiere, offering a glimpse into the forthcoming family of four vehicles.

Adding to the excitement, visitors can catch a sneak peek of the electric future with the camouflaged prototype of the electric G-Class. Mercedes-Benz promises further highlights, including groundbreaking developments in in-car entertainment and a first-of-its-kind partnership.

As Mercedes-Benz continues to push the boundaries of automotive technology, the CES 2024 event is poised to be a platform for showcasing the intersection of artificial intelligence, connectivity, and luxury in the digital era. The MBUX Virtual Assistant represents a bold leap towards redefining the driving experience, offering a tantalizing preview of what the future holds for connected cars.

https://www.mobilityoutlook.com/features/kia-india-re-strategizes-its-hybrid-cng-narrative/
Thanks Bravo
This is looking very promising as the video posted a couple months ago which ties in with your post states at 4.20min mark - and we all know who is mentioned in the innovation for the EQXX :)
Screenshot_20231218-135424_YouTube.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users
Hi Dingo, it may say it's powered by generative AI but you could also argue that the generative AI needs to be powered by something other than itself.

Taking note that the new MBUX virtual assistant goes beyond conventional voice assistants in that it's capable of hyper-personalisation, increased intuition that is capable of being in sync in real time with your mood and driving style.

As was proven with the Vision EQXX, such advanced voice assistant capabilities require more advanced technologies than traditional ones could allow for (i.e neuromorphic computing) due to the sheer amount of data processing and consequent power consumption involved.

Adding ChatGPT into the equation, would only increase the need for our technology in my opinion.
show-me-the-money.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

jtardif999

Regular
A.I. is the buzzword these days and while I really hope we are part of the MBUX virtual assistant, nothing screams that it's us..

It's supposed to be powered by "Generative A.I." which at this stage, indicates It gets it's smarts from connectivity.

Nvidia, will definitely have a big part to play, but whether they will use us yet remains to be seen.

I'm sure we will be a part of the picture, at some time, more likely in their EV range.
I have to disagree there dingo, if you remember Telson and others in the past describing where we would sit in the technology hierarchy within the car and it was in a hybrid kind of way - with a local voice assistant initiating communication on board before any connection to the internet and generative ai (they would have described the connection as internet rather than generative but their one and the same at this stage). You need local processing for the complete package, you can’t have connected 100% or things become unreliable and break.

Reactions: 20 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
I have to disagree there dingo, if you remember Telson and others in the past describing where we would sit in the technology hierarchy within the car and it was in a hybrid kind of way - with a local voice assistant initiating communication on board before any connection to the internet and generative ai (they would have described the connection as internet rather than generative but their one and the same at this stage). You need local processing for the complete package, you can’t have connected 100% or things become unreliable and break.

100% - and it's not just Brainchip saying this either.

Take a look at this presentation (https://cms.tinyml.org/wp-content/uploads/ew2023/Kyuwoong-Hwang_tinyML-Asia-2023.pdf) by Qualcomm at this years tinyML Asia event (November 16, 2023) - specifically slide 35, which illustrates your very point.

1702874029965.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
We have to hold because we are not getting free shares now are we?

December quarter is almost over and so is the honeymoon period.

January quarter must show results

Time for excuses are finished!
Why must January show results? What has lead you to this?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Well having some genuine A.I. at the front end, will certainly make things more pleasant, for the Mercedes owners..

I consider myself a patient person, but I have close to zero tolerance, for dumb A.I.
To the point that, while I have a great interest in it, I try to avoid any interactions with it and if I have to, I tend to lose my shit quite quickly, if it doesn't immediately understand what I want.

I can't stand having to repeat myself, to a machine for some reason 🤔..

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

davidfitz

Regular
Like many I would love for us to be mentioned by Mercedes again, we know what happened last time ;)

"Mercedes-Benz is reinventing the digital passenger experience by leveraging AI to offer human-like interaction with the intelligent MBUX Virtual Assistant. It includes empathetic characteristics that sync with your driving style and mood"

Never heard of the term Emotion AI before but worth reading into. Apparently it can be used to observe certain characteristics which can determine mood?

While humans might currently have the upper hand on reading emotions, machines are gaining ground using their own strengths. Machines are very good at analyzing large amounts of data, explained MIT Sloan professor Erik Brynjolfsson. They can listen to voice inflections and start to recognize when those inflections correlate with stress or anger. Machines can analyze images and pick up subtleties in micro-expressions on humans’ faces that might happen even too fast for a person to recognize.

Emotion3D offers state-of-the-art computer vision and machine learning software for image-based analysis of in-cabin environments. This analysis enables a comprehensive understanding of humans and objects inside a vehicle.

Almost forgot this one!

NVISO’s existing range of real-time, deep learning-based AI Apps such as those used for face detection, gaze, head pose recognition, facial recognition, emotion recognition, object detection, and body pose analysis.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

MADX

Regular
I'm afraid to jump up & down over today's announcement about partnering with Unigen until I get clarification.

The wording mentions "Unigen will provide end-to-end solutions for the Cupcake Edge AI Server, from engineering to mass production."
and
"Unigen, founded in 1991, is an established global leader in the design and manufacture of stuff"
and
Unigen markets its products to both enterprise and client OEMs worldwide focused on embedded, industrial, networking, server, telecommunications, imaging, automotive, and medical device industries. Unigen also offers best-in-class electronics manufacturing services (EMS), including new product introduction and volume production.

I've yet to work out what this "Cupcake" platform thing is, but the optimist in me translates the announcement to be Brainchip and Unigen are getting together to make and sell a versatile device called the Cupcake Edge AI Server. Being a versatile platform device, it can presumably be sold to others who will stick sensors on it and make all sorts of devices. If that's so, it gets things rolling big-time. So why hasn't the SP gone through the roof today??? Let me down gently if I'm wrong.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Xray1

Regular
I'm afraid to jump up & down over today's announcement about partnering with Unigen until I get clarification.

The wording mentions "Unigen will provide end-to-end solutions for the Cupcake Edge AI Server, from engineering to mass production."
and
"Unigen, founded in 1991, is an established global leader in the design and manufacture of stuff"
and
Unigen markets its products to both enterprise and client OEMs worldwide focused on embedded, industrial, networking, server, telecommunications, imaging, automotive, and medical device industries. Unigen also offers best-in-class electronics manufacturing services (EMS), including new product introduction and volume production.

I've yet to work out what this "Cupcake" platform thing is, but the optimist in me translates the announcement to be Brainchip and Unigen are getting together to make and sell a versatile device called the Cupcake Edge AI Server. Being a versatile platform device, it can presumably be sold to others who will stick sensors on it and make all sorts of devices. If that's so, it gets things rolling big-time. So why hasn't the SP gone through the roof today??? Let me down gently if I'm wrong.
IMO ............ Because it wasn't an official ASX announcement

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Well having some genuine A.I. at the front end, will certainly make things more pleasant, for the Mercedes owners..

I consider myself a patient person, but I have close to zero tolerance, for dumb A.I.
To the point that, while I have a great interest in it, I try to avoid any interactions with it and if I have to, I tend to lose my shit quite quickly, if it doesn't immediately understand what I want.

I can't stand having to repeat myself, to a machine for some reason 🤔..
I mean.. A.I. doesn't have to be "that" smart, just say the right things and know "intuitively" what you want.

I think I'd go with brunette though 🤔..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

MADX

Regular
IMO ............ Because it wasn't an official ASX announcement
and why not? I'm a big boy. I can take it. Tell me if I'm manic. Did the ASX misinterpret ?

Reactions: 1 users

mrgds

Regular

and
and

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Worker122

Regular
Reactions: 1 users

jtardif999

Regular
and why not? I'm a big boy. I can take it. Tell me if I'm manic. Did the ASX misinterpret ?
Perhaps BRN don’t see it as being an earth shattering announcement at this stage and so viewed the ASX platform as unwarranted. I think there was something written somewhere about the Cupcake server needing time to gain market traction and it sounds like we are going to be in their next version anyway - so this is probably a much slower burn than say the Edge Box is.

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
This looks interesting!

This...
Screen Shot 2023-12-18 at 5.11.56 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-18 at 5.12.10 pm.png

This...
Screen Shot 2023-12-18 at 5.11.27 pm.png

And this...

Screen Shot 2023-12-18 at 5.22.48 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 45 users