BRN Discussion Ongoing

Damo4

Regular

Thought I read Uniden at first and nearly fainted.
Unigen will do for now

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20 users

Gemmax

Regular
Thought I read Uniden at first and nearly fainted.
Unigen will do for now
Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 9.42.22 am.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

Damo4

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
to be honest, I don't know anything about unigen, I just read it too, what exactly do they do? I can't find it in the stock market, but I think you'll know more about it tomorrow when I wake up.
I don't feel like it anymore today, it's midnight for me.
No Idea Idk GIF by CBC

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
They last posted on Twitter before 2016. Please tell me that you are simply disappointed with Twitter or please tell me that this is still really great. I need this before Christmas, man
I Need Help Counseling GIF by TLC

• Haha
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

hotty4040

Regular
Hi Hotty,

Akida has 2 basic functions:
A. Classification/Inference;
B. Machine learning.

Using images/video as an example, classification is the identification of an object by comparison of similarity with classes of images in a model library. This is basically a guesstimate (probability).

Machine learning is the addition of new objects to the model library for future comparison.

The old CNN software running on CPU/GPU uses lots of Watts preforming MACs (Multiply Accumulate operations) which are maths heavy calculations. Akida operates on spikes indicating events (changes) which were initially represented by a single digital bit (now up to 4 bits in Akida 1 for increased accuracy). In a digital image, if adjacent pixels have the same illumination, then no event is registered, so no current is drawn by the associated transistors which is why Prophesee is a natural fit for Akida. On the other hand, in old style CNN, each pixel, which may be 16 bits is processed in a MAC processing matrix which involves 16*16 mathematical operations switching one or more transistors.

The new features of TeNNs and ViT are used for classification comparisons.

As we know Akida can be used with any sensor - camera, microphone, chemical sensor, vibration detector, ...

The EB can be used where signals from a number of sensors need to be classified.

This could be in a supermarket processing video images from all the checkouts to determine the price from a model and for stocktake purposes.

It can be used in a factory with many machines to determine if vibration indicates a need for maintenance.

View attachment 52162

https://brainchip.com/brainchip-previews-industrys-first-edge-box-powered-by-neuromorphic-ai-ip/

Designed for vision-based AI workloads, the compact Akida Edge box is intended for video analytics, facial recognition, and object detection, and can extend intelligent processing capabilities that integrate inputs from various other sensors. This device is compact, powerful, and enables cost-effective, scalable AI solutions at the Edge.

BrainChip’s event-based neural processing, which closely mimics the learning ability of the human brain, delivers essential performance within an energy-efficient, portable form factor, while offering cost-effectiveness surpassing market standards for edge AI computing appliances. BrainChip’s Akida neuromorphic processors are capable of on-chip learning that enables customization and personalization on device without support from the cloud, enhancing privacy and security while also reducing training overhead, which is a growing cost for AI services.

“BrainChip’s neuromorphic technology gives the Akida Edge box the ‘edge’ in demanding markets such as industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, high-volume retail, and medical care,” said Sean Hehir, CEO of BrainChip. “We are excited to partner with an industry leader like VVDN technologies to bring groundbreaking technology to the marke
t.”

Thanks Diogenese, for this enlightening explanation to my questions. This info helps enormously, to understand the EB's practical usages in the different markets that it could/will be introduced / demonstrated in. The first neuromorphic edge box in the market, should have some clout I would imagine, in future developments in many different areas of sensor technology. Let's hope so anyway.

It's Monday, so I'm finding it difficult as usual, to get started for the week ahead, more coffee will help hopefully.

Thanks again, and let's hope we can start to see some upward movement in the s/p into the new year. Your explanation has improved my understanding of the EB and the neuromorphic elements within it. Much appreciated. Onward and upward from here I'm expecting.

Love your ( many ) contributions on this forum, your knowledge is outstanding, and I'm sure welcomed by many investors in the Akida ( brainchip ) journey, that is continuing/progressing intriguingly. May it continue.

Akida Ballista >>>>> Onward and Upward <<<<<

hotty...

• Love
Reactions: 21 users

davidfitz

Regular

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Hi Damo,

This is great news ... and this seems to be a longer term project which means that it may incorporate Akida 2:

BrainChip and Unigen Partner to Deliver Powerful, Energy-Efficient Edge AI Server - BrainChip

Laguna Hills, Calif. – DATE, 2023 – BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, and Unigen Corporation, a global leader in the design and manufacturing of enterprise and industrial electronics, today announced a strategic partnership to deliver a new configuration of the recently released Unigen Cupcake Edge AI Server, a compact and powerful solution based on BrainChip’s Akida™ neuromorphic processor.

However, as with VVDN, there are competitor products in the Unigen Edge AI server stable:

Edge AI Server Market Grows | Unigen Cupcake - Unigen

Rapid data growth and the need to process it at the edge is expanding opportunities in the server market, with new entries from Unigen and Lenovo.

OCTOBER 2, 2023

By Adam Armstrong | TechTarget

Unigen’s Cupcake

Unigen’s newly released turnkey server is also a contender for computer vision use cases, according to the vendor. Cupcake is designed to be low power, low latency and high performance, using an Intel Elkhart Lake 4-core Atom processor that is matched to AI modules from partners including Blaize, Hailo, Degirum and MemryX. The modules connect to the server through an E1.S interface.
Cupcake can help conduct near real-time inferencing that can be used in security and safety use cases, such as shutting down manufacturing equipment that malfunctions, according to the vendor. While improving safety is important, specific uses have a limited return, according to Baron Fung, an analyst at Dell’Oro Group, an IT market research firm headquartered in Silicon Valley. A limited return wouldn’t prompt investment as much as broader use cases.
“Users will need the same platform that can be utilized across different applications [of the technology] that are similar,” Fung said. Companies are looking for application options from vendors rather than developing their own, he said. But as the market matures, there will be more demand for edge AI devices such as Unigen’s

I'm only familiar with Hailo. They do not use SNN. Instead they use MAC with some sparsity. However, this will be more power-hungry and slower than Akida.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
ok this is Unigen on Linkedin but sorry now I am tired
Getting Sleepy Good Night GIF

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
ok this is Unigen on Linkedin but sorry now I am tired
Getting Sleepy Good Night GIF
Gute Nacht :) Zzzzzzzzzz!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
But I still have to say one thing, I love you all very much... and why do I love you? ... because I don't know you all ... but still ... I'm so in the red with Brainchip ... and that's why I love you ... because you've been with me for a long time with this investment .... Greetings from Bavaria, Germany, and now I'm going out
Valentines Day Love GIF by Hello All

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

BLueboy64

Emerged
Thoughts are with anyone with family and friends in Cairns that is currently going under water as we speak. Being stuck in Brisbane while the wife is luckily safe in Cairns is more than frustrating. We’ve had nearly 1.6 meter of rain in Trinity beach since Wednesday and it’s only getting worse before It gets better 🙏
It has finally stopped raining here in Kewarra Beach but lots of roads still underwater towards the city and a lot of poor sods had their properties under water in Machans, Holloways and Yorkeys. Bloody big mess to clean up once we can get to help them out!!

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
It has finally stopped raining here in Kewarra Beach but lots of roads still underwater towards the city and a lot of poor sods had their properties under water in Machans, Holloways and Yorkeys. Bloody big mess to clean up once we can get to help them out!!
I think we were lucky in Smithfield, Trinity beach unless you lived in blue water, Kewarra and Clifto faired up ok as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
1702858779823.png

1702858836306.png

1702858855004.png

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 28 users
Thoughts are with anyone with family and friends in Cairns that is currently going under water as we speak. Being stuck in Brisbane while the wife is luckily safe in Cairns is more than frustrating. We’ve had nearly 1.6 meter of rain in Trinity beach since Wednesday and it’s only getting worse before It gets better 🙏
Trinity Beach. Nice part of the world

SC

Reactions: 4 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
Cah ching, handy couple hundred k for sean

Reactions: 3 users
"These notices were not previously released as a result of administrative oversight."

I cannot believe the blunders our company continue to make in the announcements they release and having to do corrections blah blah blah. In this case forgetting to do it altogether.

Come on Brainchip get it together and be more professional !
Too busy making sure the LDA Ann came out and then forgot to go back to the 3Ys :LOL:

Agree though. These sorts of things just shouldn't happen. Corporate Secretary / Board 101.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom