BRN Discussion Ongoing

Tothemoon24

Top 20
What does Valeo's 💭 reply to Jesse's comment mean?

And do we have any link to this guy's company? Valeo seems to be giving them some credit for this latest test.

Shalabh Gupta
Technical Lead India | ADAS | GNSS-IMU | 4activeSystems GmbH | GeneSys Elektronik GmbH
@DK6161 , I’ll look into my crystal ball after lunch & let you know what it means

For me the dots , hope , research, & speculation is what brings me to the forum .

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Neuromorphic mentioned 4min 25 sec ish (edge cortix?)

View attachment 51683

Hi @IloveLamp,

What a great find! I mean, when Mohammed Dogar mentions "neuromorphic engines" he has to be talking about AKIDA right? EgdeCortix has a Dynamic Neural Accelerator (DNA), which is not a neuromorphic engine, is it?

(4 mins )

"So this is part of our journey to provide customers a seamless and more comprehensive solution where they want to develop AI and machine learning for the edge. And one of the areas we want to accelerate and support our customers is heterogeneous compilation. So you can see a lot of these new products have neuromorphic engines, accelerators to accelerate the AI models and the applications that we do."

Mohammed Dogar - Renesas

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 25 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Hi @IloveLamp,

What a great find! I mean, when Mohammed Dogar mentions "neuromorphic engines" he has to be talking about AKIDA right?

(4 mins )

"So this is part of our journey to provide customers a seamless and more comprehensive solution where they want to develop AI and machine learning for the edge. And one of the areas we want to accelerate and support our customers is heterogeneous compilation. So you can see a lot of these new products have neuromorphic engines, accelerators to accelerate the AI models and the applications that we do."

Mohammed Dogar - Renesas
That's what me thinks 😉

happy dance1.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

JB49

Regular
Hi @IloveLamp,

What a great find! I mean, when Mohammed Dogar mentions "neuromorphic engines" he has to be talking about AKIDA right? EgdeCortix has a Dynamic Neural Accelerator (DNA), which is not a neuromorphic engine, is it?

(4 mins )

Mohammed Dogar - Renesas
You left out the sentence straight after.
The interviewer asked about him being on the board for Edge Cortix. And his response was:
"So this is part of our journey to provide customers a seamless and more comprehensive solution where they want to develop AI and machine learning for the edge. And one of the areas we want to accelerate and support our customers is heterogeneous compilation. So you can see a lot of these new products have neuromorphic engines, accelerators to accelerate the AI models and the applications that we do. So with that, you know, we've been working with Edge Cortix as a partner for a long time, and we've really seen there technology work successfully for multiple customers across the world. And we've taken the next step, where we have made an investment as a company into Edge Cortix"

The question is, are they using Edge Cortix to compliment Akida, or does it substitute Akida.

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

Bravo

You left out the sentence straight after.
The interviewer asked about him being on the board for Edge Cortix. And his response was:
"So this is part of our journey to provide customers a seamless and more comprehensive solution where they want to develop AI and machine learning for the edge. And one of the areas we want to accelerate and support our customers is heterogeneous compilation. So you can see a lot of these new products have neuromorphic engines, accelerators to accelerate the AI models and the applications that we do. So with that, you know, we've been working with Edge Cortix as a partner for a long time, and we've really seen there technology work successfully for multiple customers across the world. And we've taken the next step, where we have made an investment as a company into Edge Cortix"

The question is, are they using Edge Cortix to compliment Akida, or does it substitute Akida.
Hi @JB49, as I mentioned, "EgdeCortix has a Dynamic Neural Accelerator (DNA), which is not a neuromorphic engine, is it?"

I was simply highlighting that Mohommed Dogar specifically mentioned "neuromorphic engines" which suggests to me that AKIDA could be used to compliment EdgeCortix solutions.

My opinion only.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Thanks Diogenese, you are so kind to take the time to respond, I'm really sorry but I really don't understand any of that, it's well beyond me. In regards to the paper, is there any way akida could help with their research? Again thanks for your time.
Hi Rach,

As I indicated, statistics is not my strong suit.

Short answer is "no", Akida cannot be used with this concept.

This process uses analog transistors, and an inherent characteristic of analog transistors - manufacturing variability. Analog transistors are much more sensitive to manufacturing variations and to changes in tempera

Akida uses digital circuits which have a binary output (1 or 0). This gives a binary circuit a high margin for error - it's ON or it's OFF.
ture.

Analog signals can have any value within the limits of the system (the supply voltage), but, because of manufacturing variability, the same input to one analog circuit may produce a slightly different output from a second apparently identical analog circuit. Although an analog circuit may be intended to produce a current of 1 milliamp, it may produce a current of, eg, 1.1 milliamps. In an analog neuron, these currents are collected in a capacitor and the voltage across the capacitor is the neuron's output. When there are hundreds of analog transistors in a circuit, the variations in current can affect the accuracy of the process.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

mrgds

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Bravo

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Bravo

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Anybody heard of these guys? @Diogenese ?

Screenshot_20231209_131953_LinkedIn.jpg

Or CyberSwarm?

Screenshot_20231209_132605_LinkedIn.jpg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users
👇

1702091510497.png

1702091753933.png

1702091924990.png

1702091962469.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 63 users

Dhm

Regular
Hi Rach,

Baysean refers to a means of calculating statistical probability.
In this paper about medical diagnosis, previous systems had used a random number generator to deal with uncertainty, but the researchers have used the technical fault of inconsistent reproduction of device characteristic of memristors to produce the randomness. Above my pay grade.
Dio, Nothing on this earth is above your pay grade.

• Haha
  • Love
What does Valeo's 💭 reply to Jesse's comment mean?

And do we have any link to this guy's company? Valeo seems to be giving them some credit for this latest test.

Shalabh Gupta
Technical Lead India | ADAS | GNSS-IMU | 4activeSystems GmbH | GeneSys Elektronik GmbH
The Valeo replies, seem to have been made by, a very poor quality, unintelligent bot..

futurama-bender.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Latest episode about the "current" state of play in the development of AGI.
Worth a listen. About 25 minutes. 🤣

• Fire
Yes but then went on to talk about their partnership with EdgeCortix for their AI processing at the edge. Renesas website states EdgeCortix’s solutions can deliver up to 50x better energy efficiency and 10X better performance / TOPS versus conventional GPUs and CPUs. Is this more competition for us?
They are definitely competition.

Not neuromorphic though and seem to be a bit further back, in the development timeframe.

Worth a deep dive into what they "actually" have going for them..

They have the thumbs up from ex MegaChips CEO and Softbank tech guy.

• Fire
Anybody heard of these guys? @Diogenese ?

View attachment 51700

Or CyberSwarm?

View attachment 51704
Thanks for asking me, Ilovelamp 😊

Looks like another insect brain inspired neuromorphic solution?

First silicon is impressive, but how good is it?

We need to giddy up.

I believe AKIDA would be superior to others, that seem to be coming out of the woodwork..

But the competitive environment is definitely hotting up, which is what you would expect, in what is and will be the hottest future sector.

As is Our intent and is increasingly being stated..

Artificial Intelligence, will be everywhere.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Latest episode about the "current" state of play in the development of AGI.
Worth a listen. About 25 minutes. 🤣

In regards to the podcast is it good listening for Brainchip holders or abot of doom and gloom

• Haha

TopCat

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Haha
Top Bottom