BRN Discussion Ongoing

IloveLamp

Top 20
d36e94bc-4560-4f80-b7aa-027c4f092a63_text.gif

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users
Anyone on twitter can check this out of curiosity?

Just doing some google searches with date range the past week and this was there.

Most likely bugger all but anyway.

Not sure if just a SH or something else?

X let's me see the page for a second and the guy lists as a cyber security analyst :unsure:

Chris Hoak ⚛️ Essential Elements (@kenmorewest) / X

Don't forget to set your alarms ⚠️⏰! Today is the day - Quantum Computing Inc. and our CEO, Robert Liscouski, will ... #EdgeAI #akida #neuromorphic

I looked up Quantum Computing Inc and into photonics etc but also found the below on their news page...so they play with neuromorphic too

image-1.png

QCi Launches Its First-in-a-Series of Reservoir Computers

Pioneering a New Era of Affordable and Sustainable AI

In June, QCi announced the release of the Company’s first-in-a-series Reservoir Computer, a cost-effective powerful and portable hardware device the size of a small power pack. This announcement represents a step in making neuromorphic hardware largely accessible and affordable to individuals and small businesses.

Dr. Yuping Huang, QCi Chief Quantum Scientist commented, “Our core mission at QCi has always been to democratize quantum and photonic technology. We recognize there is a significant barrier for individuals and small business to access large data centers and high-end GPUs, particularly as it relates to AI. We aim to lower this barrier by offering a photonic accelerated system at a low cost and small size. As a result of years of research and development of innovative photonics engineering, combined with custom hardware and advanced AI techniques, our team has created a powerful yet affordable computing platform of machine learning specific hardware.”

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I came across this job going at Intel, which maybe giving an indication of where they are at with their own neuromorphic technology:

"Develops machine learning algorithms, such as supervised and self-supervised learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, Bayesian analysis, as well as neuromorphic-inspired and brain-inspired methods to solve applied problems in various disciplines such as Cognitive AI, Computer Vision, Audio, Natural Language Processing, Robotics, etc. Investigates the feasibility of applying scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions and products typically 5+ years prior to landing on a product roadmap."

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Perhaps

Regular
This is really interesting..

VVDN, already having a strong relationship with BrainChip, already producing a product with BrainChip and now having plans to produce their first phone, in the "near term" (Not in 5 years)..

If they are not planning to incorporate AKIDA technology, I will eat my mankini!
(edit.. on actually reading part of the link, they are just going to be manufacturing other companies phones)..

Bit of a worry though, a company bringing out their first mobile phone..
There's a lot to get right..

I'd much prefer we went into an established product..
But again big established manufacturers, like APPLE, seem too stupid to embrace the coming revolution and would rather muck around with legacy technology, pushing overworked boundaries, that are unfit to meet what their consumers are expecting and demanding..

As is displayed by their recent overheating and subsequently dumbed down phones (although they claim to have "fixed" these with software updates, not affecting performance)..
Pardon me, but I read it in a different way. It's about expanding the capacities as a contract manufacturer. It's not about bringing own designs to the market. There are large investments going to move productions from China to India, and VVDN takes a piece of the cake. It's about being Foxconn not Apple.

Reactions: 9 users

Rach2512

Regular
I came across this job going at Intel, which maybe giving an indication of where they are at with their own neuromorphic technology:

"Develops machine learning algorithms, such as supervised and self-supervised learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, Bayesian analysis, as well as neuromorphic-inspired and brain-inspired methods to solve applied problems in various disciplines such as Cognitive AI, Computer Vision, Audio, Natural Language Processing, Robotics, etc. Investigates the feasibility of applying scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions and products typically 5+ years prior to landing on a product roadmap."

Evening all.

I have no technical knowledge, I was reading the attached article from eenews and saw the word Bayesian which I see is also mentioned in SharesForBrekky's post, is it a common thing, I really have no idea.

Many thanks

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Pardon me, but I read it in a different way. It's about expanding the capacities as a contract manufacturer. It's not about bringing own designs to the market. There are large investments going to move productions from China to India, and VVDN takes a piece of the cake. It's about being Foxconn not Apple.
I know, that's what I put it the edit 😉

Reactions: 3 users

Perhaps

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Evening all.

I have no technical knowledge, I was reading the attached article from eenews and saw the word Bayesian which I see is also mentioned in SharesForBrekky's post, is it a common thing, I really have no idea.

Many thanks
Hi Rach,

Baysean refers to a means of calculating statistical probability.
In this paper about medical diagnosis, previous systems had used a random number generator to deal with uncertainty, but the researchers have used the technical fault of inconsistent reproduction of device characteristic of memristors to produce the randomness. Above my pay grade.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

Rach2512

Regular
Hi Rach,

Baysean refers to a means of calculating statistical probability.
In this paper about medical diagnosis, previous systems had used a random number generator to deal with uncertainty, but the researchers have used the technical fault of inconsistent reproduction of device characteristic of memristors to produce the randomness. Above my pay grade.
Thanks Diogenese, you are so kind to take the time to respond, I'm really sorry but I really don't understand any of that, it's well beyond me. In regards to the paper, is there any way akida could help with their research? Again thanks for your time.

• Haha
I recon we got a higher chance than normal in getting a price sensitive announcement this morning.

1702062700449.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Thinking

MDhere

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Neuromorphic mentioned 4min 25 sec ish (edge cortix?)

Screenshot_20231209_080051_LinkedIn.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

jtardif999

Regular
Can someone briefly enlighten me on this? I know we have many partners, etc., and we have a functioning product. I am also confident and hold. I have bought more lately, etc. I am not impatient or anything. However, I wonder why some companies have been announcing groundbreaking achievements through the integration of AI lately, but none of our partners clearly mention us in any announcement. I am not waiting for BrainChip to do this because if it happens, it must be a licensee, right? It's just a question I'm asking myself. Nothing else. Thanks in advance
I still think we are not being mention because we are a competitive advantage for our partners when the time comes. NDAs for that reason. Listening to the latest podcast gives the impression that there’s still some way to go in creating the necessary infrastructure that will allow far-edge computing (our domain) to flourish. It seems now that everyone wants a piece of the GenAI pie and that’s where most of the CapEX is being spent. Pretty much all of current focus is cloud based but is not sustainable or scalable, so eventually requires the edge to really thrive. Our day will come and when it does it will be with much of a flurry. AIMO.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

cosors

👀
Picture riddle. I'm watching a horror movie.
Screenshot_2023-12-08-23-22-52-23_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-08-23-23-30-47_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

• Fire
  • Haha
  • Wow

JB49

Regular
Neuromorphic mentioned 4min 25 sec ish (edge cortix?)

View attachment 51683

Yes but then went on to talk about their partnership with EdgeCortix for their AI processing at the edge. Renesas website states EdgeCortix’s solutions can deliver up to 50x better energy efficiency and 10X better performance / TOPS versus conventional GPUs and CPUs. Is this more competition for us?

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

DK6161

Regular
View attachment 51594

A new next-generation sensor, the VALEO SCALA 3 LiDAR, which will equip the autonomous car of tomorrow": Valeo's LiDAR in the spotlight on French television BFMTV.

"This technology exceeds human capabilities" stresses journalist David Bouteiller in this report made on our Milovice test track, a few kilometers from Prague in the Czech Republic.

François Marion, Valeo's EVP Corporate Communications and Investor Relations, points out: "It has such high resolution that it is able to see a black tire on a road in the middle of the night at 150m, which neither the human eye nor cameras can see. What's more, it never tires or gets distracted."

Valeo has already booked more than a billion euros worth of orders for this technology, from Stellantis, an Asian automaker and an American robotaxi company.

There is a news report & footage attached to the link spoken in French 🇫🇷 ,

Happy Friday Chippers

What does Valeo's 💭 reply to Jesse's comment mean?

And do we have any link to this guy's company? Valeo seems to be giving them some credit for this latest test.

Shalabh Gupta
Technical Lead India | ADAS | GNSS-IMU | 4activeSystems GmbH | GeneSys Elektronik GmbH

Kachoo

Regular
What does Valeo's 💭 reply to Jesse's comment mean?

And do we have any link to this guy's company? Valeo seems to be giving them some credit for this latest test.

Shalabh Gupta
Technical Lead India | ADAS | GNSS-IMU | 4activeSystems GmbH | GeneSys Elektronik GmbH
He used various emojis for others too.

Its the emoji for thinking.

Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom