BRN Discussion Ongoing

McHale

Regular
Hello,

After the AGM in 2022 I spoke with three individuals whom I can't name in regards to the volume of votes to try and unsettle Peter
from our Board.

I do believe it is known which entity/individual was attempting to make a statement, was it a former disgruntled employee ? I reserve
my opinion as it's now water under the bridge.

Any shareholder whatever their category attempting to remove our Founder would be committing suicide, both Peter and Anil will
retire in their own good time or earlier if illness effects their ability to function at the high levels that they both set for themselves, in my
opinion for what it's worth.

Nvidia has always been the company that I've believed may make a play for us over the next 5 years, yes it's a guess, but a good one !

Regards....Tech :)
Well that's interesting @TECH, because the entity or individuals you allude to had 109 million votes they used to vote to unseat Peter, but as you said "I reserve my opinion as it's now water under the bridge".

What I have been speculating on really is; could there be a relationship between the actor(s) who voted against PVDM at AGM 2022 and possibly the actor(s) who voted down the remuneration package at AGM 2023.

Both actions could be construed as "not a good look for the company" for market participants or share holders or investors who might be considering buying into BRN.

At current Market Cap BRN is very cheap, but I wasn't speculating about takeovers, and quite frankly that would be one of the last things I want to see at the moment, having lost so much paper money on this particular investment since early last year.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

GDJR69

Regular
Things have taken a lot longer to get moving than we all imagined. When realistically do we think we will see some revenue and some of the EAP's take an IP Licence now that Akida 2 is out there and available? I believe it will come but I know there are people on this forum better placed to answer (ok, provide educated speculation) on those questions. (I guess I just need a pep talk today . . . )

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

TECH

Regular
Well that's interesting @TECH, because the entity or individuals you allude to had 109 million votes they used to vote to unseat Peter, but as you said "I reserve my opinion as it's now water under the bridge".

What I have been speculating on really is; could there be a relationship between the actor(s) who voted against PVDM at AGM 2022 and the same actor(s) who voted down the remuneration package at AGM 2023.

Both actions could be construed as "not a good look for the company" for market participants or share holders or investors who might be considering buying into BRN.

At current Market Cap BRN is very cheap, but I wasn't speculating about takeovers, and quite frankly that would be one of the last things I want to see at the moment, having lost so much paper money on this particular investment since early last year.

That narrows the field (109 million votes) doesn't it ?

AND...takeover within the next 5 years, that is by 2028 is also factoring in the ages of our Founders who can't go on forever, maybe their
wives also have a say, as in....relax and lets enjoy the finer years of our life with family and grandchildren...just saying :rolleyes:

Nice to see you posting more than usual, good one McHale (y)

Regards...Tech

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

cosors

👀
This article really irritates me because it makes it sound like IBM and Intel are the leaders in the field and we are trailing along in third trying to keep up with them. We know nothing could be further from the truth. It amazes me that someone who believes they know enough to write an article about neuromorphic computing doesn't even know the basics of what the market looks like at the moment. Not happy. 😐
I ignore all T2S articles. And I do this because I suspect that all articles are Ai generated. One time they say exactly what someone is searching for in the www and sometimes it just doesn't fit what someone else wants to read. For me it has only one positive effect. There is more in the www about the topic. Otherwise, the constant updates have no value for me.

Reactions: 6 users
Wonder if our new partnership gets discussed :unsure:

View organization page for Tata Elxsi
Tata Elxsi
403,788 followers
1d

The Tata Elxsi Medtech Networking Dinner is just around the corner! Zurich is about to witness a convergence of the finest minds in the medical device industry - CXOs, VPs and Directors across various domains. Learn more: https://lnkd.in/grPgYiay #medtech #medicaldevice #digitalhealth #regulatorycompliance #productinnovation
  • Tata Elxsi Medtech Networking Dinner at Zurich

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 24 users
Was a little bored so wrote and article using ChatGPT lol

Unleashing the Power of Neuromorphic Computing: Shaping the Future

Introduction
In the ever-evolving landscape of technology, the quest for more efficient, intelligent, and human-like computing systems has taken a significant leap forward with the emergence of neuromorphic computing. This groundbreaking approach to computing is rapidly gaining momentum and holds the promise of revolutionizing various industries, from artificial intelligence and robotics to healthcare and beyond. In this article, we will delve into the significance of neuromorphic computing for our future and shed light on the companies at the forefront of this transformative field.
The Essence of Neuromorphic Computing
Neuromorphic computing draws inspiration from the human brain, aiming to replicate its neural networks and cognitive functions. Unlike traditional computers that rely on binary logic, neuromorphic systems use spiking neural networks, mimicking the way neurons in our brains communicate. This results in a more energy-efficient and adaptable computing architecture, enabling machines to learn, reason, and perceive the world in a manner closer to humans.
The Importance of Neuromorphic Computing
  1. Energy Efficiency: One of the most compelling advantages of neuromorphic computing is its remarkable energy efficiency. Traditional computers often consume vast amounts of power, contributing to environmental concerns and hefty electricity bills. Neuromorphic chips, on the other hand, emulate the brain's energy-efficient processing, potentially reducing power consumption by orders of magnitude. This efficiency has profound implications for mobile devices, IoT applications, and data centers, where energy efficiency is of paramount importance.
  2. Cognitive Capabilities: Neuromorphic computing enables machines to emulate human-like cognitive abilities. This includes pattern recognition, decision-making, and adaptation. These capabilities have far-reaching implications for fields such as machine learning, robotics, and autonomous vehicles, where complex real-time processing and decision-making are essential.
  3. Real-Time Processing: The ability to process information in real-time is crucial for applications like natural language processing, computer vision, and self-driving cars. Neuromorphic computing's event-driven processing architecture allows for low-latency responses, making it ideal for applications that require rapid decision-making.
  4. Versatile Applications: Neuromorphic computing is not limited to a single industry; its versatility spans across various domains. It has the potential to transform healthcare by enabling real-time analysis of medical data, improve cybersecurity through threat detection, and enhance the functionality of consumer electronics, making them smarter and more intuitive.
Key Players in Neuromorphic Computing
Several companies are making significant contributions to the field of neuromorphic computing:
  1. IBM: IBM's TrueNorth chip is a pioneering example of neuromorphic computing. With a million neurons and 256 million synapses, it has been employed in various research and commercial applications.
  2. Intel: Intel has developed the Loihi neuromorphic research chip, featuring a unique asynchronous spiking neural network architecture. It is designed for a range of AI and machine learning applications.
  3. BrainChip: BrainChip's Akida neuromorphic processor is designed for edge applications, making it well-suited for embedded systems, IoT, and AI at the network edge.
  4. Google: Google's research in neuromorphic computing, including projects like TensorFlow and its involvement in the development of neuromorphic hardware, showcases its commitment to this transformative technology.
  5. Neuromorphic Engineering Labs: This startup is dedicated to advancing neuromorphic computing and developing spiking neural network hardware and software for a wide range of applications.
Conclusion
Neuromorphic computing is poised to be a game-changer in the technology landscape, offering the potential to make our devices smarter, more efficient, and better at emulating human-like cognitive functions. With its energy efficiency, cognitive capabilities, real-time processing, and versatile applications, the importance of neuromorphic computing for our future cannot be overstated. As companies like IBM, Intel, BrainChip, Google, and startups continue to push the boundaries of this field, we can expect to see even more groundbreaking applications that will reshape the way we interact with technology and the world around us. The future is indeed looking brighter and more intelligent thanks to the potential of neuromorphic computing.

Be mindful that the version of GPT I have is restricted to 2021 data.
BRN have progressed somewhat since then.
Our future is bright and I remain excited about being an investor.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Xray1

Regular

What I have been speculating on really is; could there be a relationship between the actor(s) who voted against PVDM at AGM 2022 and possibly the actor(s) who voted down the remuneration package at AGM 2023.

McHale, as you have rightly stated:

" Both actions could be construed as "not a good look for the company" for market participants or share holders or investors who might be considering buying into BRN."

And in my humble opinion it wouldn't sit well with any future NASDAQ application.

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Perhaps

Regular
Yes @Diogenese, I have heard the story before regarding the Ford stuff up, but I don't subscribe to the rest of the story re gun shy ASX etc.

The fact is there are quite a number of tech start ups on ASX which are making "Non Price Sensitive" Anns every day. I would be interested to hear what the ASX Announcement platform has to say about yellow cards or even the dreaded red card, because if they do, then there should be an official explanation to outline their Announcement policies.

Is it a real thing or imagined, I do understand that current BRN management seem to have an inordinate fear about it, and for myself I would be much happier if BRN could find their way toward actually initiating a dialogue with ASX about a reasonable explanation on how the ASX Ann platform works; and then some kind of communication from BRN about what the facts of this matter are - to their long patient retail share holders.

In the meantime BRNs listing on the Nasdaq is but a far distant mirage at this point, while I remain much more concerned with gathering not so distant black swans.
The announcement politics been a matter of discussions in the past. In most managements of listed small companies there's someone with expertise in exchange business who can give advice. At Brainchip it's more about techies. Brainchip is customer of the service provider Boardroom Pty Ltd, who handles all business ASX. So it might be Boardroom Pty is the weak point of such politics, and the absence of expertise in the management doesn't help.

Reactions: 1 users

BRN.is 16 cents ha ha and people are saying takeovers, how about this CEO brings something positive to the ASX table, under his watch has a IP License been signed, I'm asking for a friend 🙄 😉 🤔 😀 😳

To further expand on my post now I have some time to grab the info.

The snips below are from a NASA paper Aug last year that outlines the RadNeuro Project that we know we have been involved in with other partners and the hardware issues.

NASA refers to neuromorphic chips / computing as NMC and can see why someone like Alphacore etc may want to get a rad hard chip in there....how our SNN IP would be affected (if at all)....above my pay grade @Diogenese

Sorry D...caught up with Chelsea again :ROFLMAO:

Original paper HERE

View attachment 38077

View attachment 38080

View attachment 38082

View attachment 38083

Proposal Summary​

Proposal Information

Proposal Number:
23-1- H6.22-2297

Subtopic Title:
Deep Neural Net and Neuromorphic Processors for In-Space Autonomy and Cognition

Proposal Title:
Radiation Hardened Programmable Deep Neural Processor in 22nm FDSOI CMOS process

Small Business Concern

Firm:

Alphacore, Inc.

Address:

304 South Rockford Drive, Tempe, AZ 85288

Phone:

(480) 494-5618

Principal Investigator:

Name:

Dr. Chandarasekaran Ramamurthy

E-mail:

chandru.ramamurthy@alphacoreinc.com

Address:

304 South Rockford Drive, AZ 85288 - 3052

Phone:

(214) 960-7889

Business Official:

Name:

Esko Mikkola

E-mail:

engineering@alphacoreinc.com

Address:

304 S Rockford Dr, AZ 85288 - 3052

Phone:

(480) 494-5618

Summary Details:

Estimated Technology Readiness Level (TRL) :
Begin: 2
End: 3

Technical Abstract (Limit 2000 characters):
The need for Extreme Radiation Hard Neuromorphic Hardware is overwhelming for NASA, other government agencies and private industry. Neuromorphic computing is recognized by the electronics industry and aerospace industry as a promising tool for enabling high-performance computing and ultra-low power consumption to achieve what clients need. Satellites, Rovers and other key assets impose limits on size, weight and power consumption, as well as the need for radiation-tolerance. We propose to radiation harden a programmable in-memory compute neural network processor for deep neural networks by circuit, microarchitectural and architectural means. This processing paradigm has the potential to provide a full stack solution in the fields of in-situ cognition and autonomous decision making in extreme environments while bridging the gap between commercial state-of-the-art and the research efforts in the fields of neuromorphic space computing. Our solution can provide 10s of TOPS/W in inference performance when fully developed with comprehensive radiation assurance. Alphacore’s proposed library includes blocks designed in 22nm FDSOI process which have gone through multiple development cycles. These will be suitable to function under high radiation and wide temperatures of planets, asteroids and comets in deep space. With Alphacore’s solution, designers can develop technologies that are lightweight, highly efficient and can deliver advanced capabilities for next-generation missions, all without the need for heavy protective housing to ensure functionality in deep space.

Potential NASA Applications (Limit 550 characters):
Alphacore’s cost-effective and energy efficient, rad-hard neuromorphic processor solution will enhance future missions for lunar, Martian and other deep space missions in applications such of in-situ cognition and autonomous decision making in entry, descent and landing type critical phases in presence of solar flares as well as radiation environments of outer planets.

Potential Non-NASA Applications (Limit 400 characters):
Neuromorphic computing is recognized by the electronics industry and aerospace industry as a promising tool for enabling high-performance computing and ultra-low power consumption to achieve autonomy and machine cognition. Satellites, Rovers, Rockets and other key assets require radiation-hardness for processors in critical deep space critical missions.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Diogenese

Top 20
https://www.eenewseurope.com/en/ren...rtex-m85-microcontroller-to-jump-over-the-m7/

What do we think of this announcement?

Brainchip referenced in a link to do with m85.
Hi TFM,

That's from march, but going down its labyrinthine rabbit hole, this turned up:

Qualcomm launches Nuvia-designed AI-capable PC processor ... (eenewseurope.com)

Qualcomm launches Nuvia-designed, AI-capable PC processor Technology News | October 29, 2023

By Peter Clarke

Qualcomm has announced the Snapdragon X Elite claiming it is the most powerful and efficient processor for PCs capable of running artificial intelligence applications.

The Arm-compatible 12-core processor is implemented in a 4nm manufacturing process and is expected to start shipping in Windows computers mid-2024. The CPU core named Oryon was developed by an engineering team from Nuvia Corp. which was acquired by Qualcomm for about US$1.4 billion in 2021.

One consequence of the acquisition is that Qualcomm is in dispute with Arm over its right to use a license to the Arm instruction set architecture (see Qualcomm steps up Oryon battle with Arm).

The 12-core Oryon CPU within Snapdragon X Elite runs at up to a 3.8GHz clock frequency but with 4.3GHz boost mode when it is restricted to one or two cores.

The Adreno GPU provides up to 4.6TFLOPS of performance to support displays with 4K Ultra HD resolution at 120Hz refresh rate.

The Hexagon NPU provides 45TOPS of neural networking inference support for AI applications. Qualcomm’s software AI Engine make use of all the processor resources across CPU, GPU, NPU and micro NPU to obtain 75TOPS to run generative AI models with over 13 billion parameters on-device.

Snapdragon X Elite supports advanced camera, lossless audio, robust connectivity with 5G and Wi-Fi 7, with multi-day battery life and enterprise-grade security.

At the launch Qualcomm rolled out endorsements about how good the Snapdragon X Elite is by exectives from Asus, Lenovo, HP, Samsung and Microsoft.

Just before the launch Reuters reported that Nvidia and AMD would be offering processors for Windows PCs in 2025

This also shows that the Nuvia ARM licence litigation has not gone away.

I don't know what the Nuvia licence brought to Qualcomm, other than the fact that it was ARM IP (possibly ARM Helium and Neon?). Before that Qualcomm, when they weren't playing with analog NPUs, were fiddling with MACs:

US2020073636A1 MULTIPLY-ACCUMULATE (MAC) OPERATIONS FOR CONVOLUTIONAL NEURAL NETWORKS 20180831 Qualcomm

1698922770564.png

An integrated circuit is configured to compute multiply-accumulate (MAC) operations in convolutional neural networks. The integrated circuit includes a lookup table (LUT) configured to store multiple values. The integrated circuit also includes a compute unit. The compute unit is composed of an accumulator. The compute unit also includes a first multiplier configured to receive a first value of a padded input feature and a first weight of a filter kernel. The compute unit also includes a first selector. The first selector is configured to select an input to supply to the accumulator between an output from the first multiplier and an output from the LUT.

US2021334623A1 NATURAL GRAPH CONVOLUTIONS Qualcomm

1698923197557.png

This one seems to cover tiles, eg, for ViT:

US2021373961A1 NEURAL NETWORK GRAPH PARTITIONING FOR IMPROVED USE OF HARDWARE RESOURCES Qualcomm

1698923729318.png

A method for processing a neural network includes receiving a graph corresponding to an artificial neural network including multiple nodes connected by edges. The method determines a set of independent nodes of multiple nodes to be executed in a neural network [TILES?]. The method also determines a next node in the set of independent nodes to add to an ordered set of the multiple nodes corresponding to an order of execution via a hardware resource for processing the neural network. The next node is determined based on a common hardware resource with a first preceding node in the ordered set or a frequency of nodes in the set of independent nodes to be executed via a same hardware resource. The ordered set of the plurality of nodes is generated based on the next node. The method may be repeated until each of the nodes of the graph are included in the ordered set of the nodes.

Reactions: 18 users

JDelekto

Regular
https://www.eenewseurope.com/en/ren...rtex-m85-microcontroller-to-jump-over-the-m7/

What do we think of this announcement?

Brainchip referenced in a link to do with m85.
From what I've read, they've included links to those two articles because of the announcement for Renesas' release of their ARM Cortex-M85.

I get the impression that Akida, by default, is not included in Renesas' implementation but is provided as an option in the Renesas product line for those that require AI acceleration as part of their solutions.

This is good press for BrainChip.

• Love
Reactions: 27 users

Xray1

Regular
Reactions: 1 users

Perhaps

Regular
In their own words Renesas wants to roll out a huge family of MCUs based on the M85. The basic MCU is in production now, no Akida inside. So we have to look on further products to come. When it comes to AI , they will first add the Reality AI solutions, who now are part of Renesas.

I can remember an interview with the Reality AI management of last year. In this they stated they had great results combining their software with Akida. Had a deep look, but can't find this interview anymore, sorry for not adding a link.

Again this is more a case of patience. Will need some time to roll out this MCU family, hopefully we will be included in some variations.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

JoMo68

Regular
Thanks for your response @Xray1, so my recollection of that vote against Peters' re-election was correct, and as you have put it, it was in 2022.

So IMO there was no way retail holders would have supported that vote against PvDM. I didn't say it in my previous post on this subject, but I wouldn't be surprised if these votes at the last 2 AGMs were the result of institutions playing games, and yes also exercising their rights as shareholders.

It is pure speculation on my part, but that is what I have felt since the 2022 AGM, and I feel the same about what took place at this years AGM, malevolent actors working at undermining confidence in BRN and undermining price appreciation.

I welcome any feedback, or other research to give more flesh to the bones of this matter.
Which is why a 2nd strike would be an absolute disaster for the reputation of the company amongst those they’re working with.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Perhaps

Regular
Just had a look at the old Renesas announcement from December 2020 and two questions came to my mind.

1.) A single-use licence defines the use of Akida IP in customer's SoC products. Does that already cover the use of IP in MCUs?

2.) It's in the third year of the contract now. So any kind of support by Brainchip should generate engineering fees as mentioned, but nothing appears in the financials. The licence is about Akida 1.0, would an update to AKD1500 or 2.0 be covered by this licence?

Maybe these questions should be answered by TD, this is an official contract, no reason to hide information.

1698927897838.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Reactions: 11 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
New post this morning with an interesting like from a key (😜)....Seimens employee

Screenshot_20231103_053426_LinkedIn.jpg
Screenshot_20231103_053121_LinkedIn.jpg
Screenshot_20231103_053109_LinkedIn.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users
Top Bottom