BRN Discussion Ongoing

legendzaz

Emerged
ONSEMI is a supplier to APPLE amongst others

View attachment 48074
I guess everything that Renesas post may not be relevant to brainchip and this group, no?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Has anyone noticed the size and number of buy orders at 15c. 99 orders and 8,664,868 volume.

There are 3 buy orders at 15c of 1million, 1million & 4million, wow!
Yep interesting! Buy & Sell ratios are also looking better :)

430 buyers for 21,409,589 units

231 sellers for 9,075,271 units

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Yep interesting! Buy & Sell ratios are also looking better :)

430 buyers for 21,409,589 units

231 sellers for 9,075,271 units
Yeah, looks like a lot of activity happening here. With these big orders on the sidelines, I'm guessing it could be instos getting quite active as well.

Reactions: 5 users

toasty

Regular
Hi ML,

The Board can only change or influence things which are within their control or sphere of influence.

What would you have the board do differently to avoid the 2nd strike?
Well for one thing they could stop giving themselves and management bonuses and cheap (free) shares until some commercial progress is achieved...........

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Yeah, looks like a lot of activity happening here. With these big orders on the sidelines, I'm guessing it could be instos getting quite active as well.
Will we get taken down to 15c to fill their orders!!???(Hope not) but it's great to see the 'Buy' side filling up! :)

Oh how we so need a 'Solid announcement' NOW!!!! 🙏🙏🙏

A better look this morning :)

1698798037192.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users
So no AI accelerators just yet. Akida will be in a different group in future. The wait goes on...
Confusing as it was assumed this was the tape-out connected with MCU 85.. But obviously what you’re saying is there’s a suite of them with variances that mean Akida is only in AI accelerator MCU 85 use cases..

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Well for one thing they could stop giving themselves and management bonuses and cheap (free) shares until some commercial progress is achieved...........
$300k for CEO bonus for 2022 raised my eyebrows. Assume that was for an expanding ecosystem proliferation for BRN.. Time to consolidate those into actionable outcomes..

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Totally agree with your post ........... what some posters here are failing to realise, is that at the last AGM there was ~174 Million votes cast against the renumeration report being adopted, thus resulting in the "Strike 1" outcome ................ As all here should well and truely appreciate, is that out voting or negating that previous vote of ~174 Million vote imo is going to be a mammoth task both for us shareholders, as well as that of the Co.
d05fb7a100d63254ec8272d7ec6efddd.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

raybot

It's fading. Shareholders are not happy.
The management and BOD are arrogant bunch.
At what point were you voted as shareholder spokesperson ? I am extremely pleased with company progress, you do not speak for me.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 42 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
:) We get a bit of exposure and a positive mention from ..TS2 (Global satellite Services).. :)

Who are the leaders in neuromorphic computing?

Who are the leaders in neuromorphic computing?​

Exploring the Pioneers of Neuromorphic Computing​

Neuromorphic computing, a cutting-edge field that aims to replicate the functionality of the human brain through advanced computer systems, has gained significant attention in recent years. As this technology continues to evolve, it is crucial to identify the key players who are leading the way in this exciting domain. Let’s delve into the world of neuromorphic computing and explore the pioneers who are shaping its future.

Firstly, it is essential to understand what neuromorphic computing entails. In simple terms, it refers to the development of computer systems that mimic the structure and functionality of the human brain. These systems are designed to process information in a parallel and distributed manner, enabling them to perform complex tasks with remarkable efficiency. By emulating the brain’s neural networks, neuromorphic computers have the potential to revolutionize various industries, including artificial intelligence, robotics, and even healthcare.

One of the frontrunners in the field of neuromorphic computing is IBM. The company’s research division has been actively involved in developing neuromorphic hardware and software platforms. IBM’s TrueNorth chip, for instance, is a notable breakthrough in this domain. It consists of a network of one million neurons and 256 million synapses, enabling it to process information in a highly efficient and brain-like manner. IBM’s dedication to advancing neuromorphic computing has positioned them as a leader in this emerging field.

Another prominent player in the realm of neuromorphic computing is Intel. The company’s Loihi chip, inspired by the human brain’s architecture, has garnered significant attention. Loihi’s unique design allows it to learn and adapt in real-time, making it ideal for applications such as autonomous vehicles and robotics. Intel’s commitment to neuromorphic computing research has propelled them to the forefront of this rapidly evolving field.

Additionally, BrainChip Holdings, an innovative technology company, has made noteworthy contributions to neuromorphic computing. Their Akida™ Neuromorphic System-on-Chip (NSoC) is specifically designed to process data in a manner similar to the human brain. With its low power consumption and high-speed processing capabilities, BrainChip’s Akida™ NSoC is well-suited for edge computing applications, including surveillance, cybersecurity, and more. BrainChip’s dedication to developing efficient and powerful neuromorphic computing solutions has solidified their position as a key leader in this domain.

Furthermore, academic institutions have also played a vital role in advancing neuromorphic computing. The University of Manchester, for instance, is renowned for its SpiNNaker project. SpiNNaker, short for Spiking Neural Network Architecture, is a supercomputer that simulates the human brain’s neural networks. With its million-core architecture, SpiNNaker has paved the way for groundbreaking research in neuromorphic computing. The University of Heidelberg, Stanford University, and the University of Zurich are among other academic institutions actively contributing to this field.

In conclusion, the field of neuromorphic computing is rapidly evolving, and several leaders are driving its progress. IBM, Intel, BrainChip Holdings, and academic institutions like the University of Manchester are at the forefront of this revolutionary technology. As neuromorphic computing continues to mature, it holds immense potential to transform various industries and shape the future of computing as we know it.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 66 users

Iseki

Regular
At what point were you voted as shareholder spokesperson ? I am extremely pleased with company progress, you do not speak for me.
Sure. Let's vote now if you like.

Reactions: 1 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Marcus Ostberg (Mercedes Benz) posted about their AI partners Nvidia, Google, Open Ai, Microsoft and the fact that the partnerships "enhanced" their MBUX "Hey Mercedes" function.

(24) Applications and Opportunities for AI @ Mercedes-Benz | LinkedIn

Applications and Opportunities for AI @ Mercedes-Benz

Magnus Östberg Chief Software Officer at Mercedes-Benz AG

November 1, 2023
While we define and control our own hardware and software architecture, the integration of industry-leading technology provides our customers access to best-in-class services, content and features. Our key partners include NVIDIA which contributes with AI and automated driving systems expertise; Google for our next-generation navigation experience and cloud services, plus Microsoft and OpenAI, as featured in our recent ChatGPT beta programme, which enhanced our "Hey Mercedes" MBUX voice assistant.

We also launched a ChatGPT beta programme in the U.S. for more than 900,000 vehicles. That complements the existing Hey Mercedes voice control by leveraging a large-language model to massively improve natural language understanding, enhancing our validated data with the more natural dialogue format of ChatGPT

It is reassuring to see Marcus talk about these partnerships as "enhancing" and "complementing" the existing "Hey Mercedes" functionality, ie, not replacing but expanding and broadening the existing "Hey Mercedes" functionality.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

7für7

Regular
Marcus Ostberg (Mercedes Benz) posted about their AI partners Nvidia, Google, Open Ai, Microsoft and the fact that the partnerships "enhanced" their MBUX "Hey Mercedes" function.

November 1, 2023
While we define and control our own hardware and software architecture, the integration of industry-leading technology provides our customers access to best-in-class services, content and features. Our key partners include NVIDIA which contributes with AI and automated driving systems expertise; Google for our next-generation navigation experience and cloud services, plus Microsoft and OpenAI, as featured in our recent ChatGPT beta programme, which enhanced our "Hey Mercedes" MBUX voice assistant.

We also launched a ChatGPT beta programme in the U.S. for more than 900,000 vehicles. That complements the existing Hey Mercedes voice control by leveraging a large-language model to massively improve natural language understanding, enhancing our validated data with the more natural dialogue format of ChatGPT.

It is reassuring to see Marcus talk about these partnerships as "enhancing" and "complementing" the existing "Hey Mercedes" functionality, ie, not replacing but expanding and broadening the existing "Hey Mercedes" functionality.

Hey,
I think I heard that Mercedes hasn't implemented Akida for now. Or did I miss something there? I also find it a pity to narrow down the chip's scope to just Mercedes. Akida has so many potential applications, so it wouldn't bother me much if Mercedes is not part of it. If other companies start demonstrating their success with Akida, they'll likely come on board automatically! Just my opinion.

Reactions: 2 users

GDJR69

Regular

November 1, 2023

We also launched a ChatGPT beta programme in the U.S. for more than 900,000 vehicles. That complements the existing Hey Mercedes voice control by leveraging a large-language model to massively improve natural language understanding, enhancing our validated data with the more natural dialogue format of ChatGPT.

But their existing MBUX doesn't use Akida and it is not clear to me that Akida is in the beta programme so I'm not sure what your point is but happy to be corrected (someone please correct me!).

Reactions: 4 users

GDJR69

Regular
:) We get a bit of exposure and a positive mention from ..TS2 (Global satellite Services).. :)

Who are the leaders in neuromorphic computing?​

Exploring the Pioneers of Neuromorphic Computing​

Neuromorphic computing, a cutting-edge field that aims to replicate the functionality of the human brain through advanced computer systems, has gained significant attention in recent years. As this technology continues to evolve, it is crucial to identify the key players who are leading the way in this exciting domain. Let’s delve into the world of neuromorphic computing and explore the pioneers who are shaping its future.

Firstly, it is essential to understand what neuromorphic computing entails. In simple terms, it refers to the development of computer systems that mimic the structure and functionality of the human brain. These systems are designed to process information in a parallel and distributed manner, enabling them to perform complex tasks with remarkable efficiency. By emulating the brain’s neural networks, neuromorphic computers have the potential to revolutionize various industries, including artificial intelligence, robotics, and even healthcare.

One of the frontrunners in the field of neuromorphic computing is IBM. The company’s research division has been actively involved in developing neuromorphic hardware and software platforms. IBM’s TrueNorth chip, for instance, is a notable breakthrough in this domain. It consists of a network of one million neurons and 256 million synapses, enabling it to process information in a highly efficient and brain-like manner. IBM’s dedication to advancing neuromorphic computing has positioned them as a leader in this emerging field.

Another prominent player in the realm of neuromorphic computing is Intel. The company’s Loihi chip, inspired by the human brain’s architecture, has garnered significant attention. Loihi’s unique design allows it to learn and adapt in real-time, making it ideal for applications such as autonomous vehicles and robotics. Intel’s commitment to neuromorphic computing research has propelled them to the forefront of this rapidly evolving field.

Additionally, BrainChip Holdings, an innovative technology company, has made noteworthy contributions to neuromorphic computing. Their Akida™ Neuromorphic System-on-Chip (NSoC) is specifically designed to process data in a manner similar to the human brain. With its low power consumption and high-speed processing capabilities, BrainChip’s Akida™ NSoC is well-suited for edge computing applications, including surveillance, cybersecurity, and more. BrainChip’s dedication to developing efficient and powerful neuromorphic computing solutions has solidified their position as a key leader in this domain.

Furthermore, academic institutions have also played a vital role in advancing neuromorphic computing. The University of Manchester, for instance, is renowned for its SpiNNaker project. SpiNNaker, short for Spiking Neural Network Architecture, is a supercomputer that simulates the human brain’s neural networks. With its million-core architecture, SpiNNaker has paved the way for groundbreaking research in neuromorphic computing. The University of Heidelberg, Stanford University, and the University of Zurich are among other academic institutions actively contributing to this field.

In conclusion, the field of neuromorphic computing is rapidly evolving, and several leaders are driving its progress. IBM, Intel, BrainChip Holdings, and academic institutions like the University of Manchester are at the forefront of this revolutionary technology. As neuromorphic computing continues to mature, it holds immense potential to transform various industries and shape the future of computing as we know it.
This article really irritates me because it makes it sound like IBM and Intel are the leaders in the field and we are trailing along in third trying to keep up with them. We know nothing could be further from the truth. It amazes me that someone who believes they know enough to write an article about neuromorphic computing doesn't even know the basics of what the market looks like at the moment. Not happy. 😐

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 24 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
This article really irritates me because it makes it sound like IBM and Intel are the leaders in the field and we are trailing along in third trying to keep up with them. We know nothing could be further from the truth. It amazes me that someone who believes they know enough to write an article about neuromorphic computing doesn't even know the basics of what the market looks like at the moment. Not happy. 😐
Yep ... I agree we are way ahead of these guys!! But I suppose 'The big guys' get the first look everytime! :-( ( our day will come when we are dominating the headlines and they are still playing catch up ....!)

We do get coverage all the same! and does say ....has solidified their position as a 'key leader' in this domain.

Onwards and upwards

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Damo4

Regular
3 Announcements had me pitching a tent for a moment until I saw it was RSU conversions.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hey,
I think I heard that Mercedes hasn't implemented Akida for now. Or did I miss something there? I also find it a pity to narrow down the chip's scope to just Mercedes. Akida has so many potential applications, so it wouldn't bother me much if Mercedes is not part of it. If other companies start demonstrating their success with Akida, they'll likely come on board automatically! Just my opinion.
But their existing MBUX doesn't use Akida and it is not clear to me that Akida is in the beta programme so I'm not sure what your point is but happy to be corrected (someone please correct me!).
I missed the announcement that Akida will not be in the 2024 Mercedes, but here's a thought.

I always thought that 5 to 10 times improvement in energy efficiency for "Hey Mercedes" was well on the low side, so I went back to the announcement. or at least to SW-F's EETimes report for the EQXX:

“Working with California-based artificial intelligence experts BrainChip, Mercedes-Benz engineers developed systems based on BrainChip’s Akida hardware and software,” Mercedes noted in a statement describing the Vision EQXX. “The example in the Vision EQXX is the “Hey Mercedes” hot-word detection. Structured along neuromorphic principles, it is five to ten times more efficient than conventional voice control,” the carmaker claimed.

As has previously been discussed, the emphasized section indicates that more than one system incorporating BrainChip hardware or software has been developed. As I said, 5 to ten times improvement seems low for Akida SoC. But how about if they used the Akida simulation software (now rolled up in MetaTF). That way, they could just load it into some other processor, eg, Nvidia, and see how it went without having to get their soldering iron out. (The pinouts on these SoCs is a nightmare). It would still be better than other systems they'd tried, just not as good as Akida SoC. (A PCIe board or Raspberry Pi could have been provided to demonstrate the real capabilities of Akida). It would have been a lot of extraneous work to incorporate the Akida SoC into the hardware of the EQXX for a one-off demonstration.

After all, BrainChip was in the software business with BrainChip Studio 8 years or so ago.

The MetaTF Akida simulator is free for potential customers to try out Akida's functionality, albeit on a limited scale, but for a commercial use, BrainChip would be entitled to a licence fee.

Of course the BrainChip "software" could have included a key-word model library and all the configuration instructions in MetaTF, but Mercedes would have used the Akida simulation software in preliminary testing of the EQXX Hey Mercedes and the other "systems".

With the Akida simulation software, you can have your spikes and eat them too.

The foregoing would probably not apply to lidar detection and other data-heavy, real-time applications.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 53 users
Top Bottom