BRN Discussion Ongoing

Just looked and the short position is back to the asx 200 levels. Wasn’t it meant to decrease when we dropped back into the 300?

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Just looked and the short position is back to the asx 200 levels. Wasn’t it meant to decrease when we dropped back into the 300?
As long as shareholders are willing to loan out shares there can be a short position. 1.7billion shares and only a relatively small float held by management and top 20 leaves it more open to manipulation..

IMO it’s a function of those holders recouping some of their capital losses, hedging positions, and possibly just having a demand for people wanting to keep shorting it..

Makes sense those shareholder’s will either want the shares back at a much higher price or when they are returned because of higher risk and cost associated with Holding them.

IMO

Reactions: 2 users

Mccabe84

Regular
The question id like to know is if the institution are still accumulating or selling

Reactions: 3 users
The question id like to know is if the institution are still accumulating or selling
Mutual funds have reduced their holdings by approx 0.7%.

Reactions: 5 users

The Pope

Regular
Not sure if I've misunderstood your question, or if it's just bait, but:
The same reason Brainchip developed Akida using Arm IP?
Why re-invent the wheel when you can pay a small amount to have it on a silver platter with support.
Not to mention people can't just "develop" their own Akida, due to the patents and many years required to get even a resemblance of a SNN.

Not sure where you are pulling these numbers from, but $400m in IP for AKD2 alone is more than our current MC...
Hi Damo, I suggest its bait bait bait and more bait.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Perhaps

Regular
No. It's hard to see a path forward. Perhaps the only way is with an established partner. Why not find out if that is an option?

Otherwise please give me your path forward for the company, given that the only way we can make enough revenue, using the IP model, is to sell many MCU's returning a few dollars each.

We started off with a dream that Akida would be everywhere. Show us where to start.
Look at MCU endprices. Royalties are not about dollars but cents per piece. For the nearer future products developed together with partners might have a deeper impact on revenue than royalties from IP used in MCUs. Renesas offers a huge catalogue of MCUs, a new one at the low end (like announced by Renesas) with Akida IP could only reach a very small percentuage of their total sales, so don't get blinded by the amount of MCUs they sell year by year.

1698742332860.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀

"Breakthrough Technologies: Shaping the Future​

Oct 30

Breakthrough Technologies: Shaping the Future​

As we stand on the brink of a new era, we asked ten industry leaders, including founders and CEOs, what breakthrough technology they believe will shape the next decade. From the revolutionizing potential of quantum computing to the major influence self-driving cars could have on shipping, their insights provide a fascinating glimpse into the future.
  • Quantum Computing: Revolutionizing Industries
  • Neuromorphic Computing: Leap in Cognitive Abilities
  • Health AI: A Revolutionary Role in Medical Testing
  • AI Tools: Transforming Content Generation and Automation
  • CRISPR: Unprecedented Opportunities in Biotechnology
  • Renewable Energy: The Game-Changer of Sustainability
  • Digital Twins: Multitude of Applications
  • Cyborgs: The Journey to Augmented Reality
  • Green Tech: Sculpting a Sustainable Tomorrow
  • Self-Driving Cars: A Major Influence on Shipping
Neuromorphic Computing: Leap in Cognitive Abilities
I’ve always held the belief that the driving force behind tech recruitment isn’t just understanding current trends, but forecasting what’s on the horizon. In my perspective, neuromorphic computing is poised to be the game-changer of the next decade. By mimicking the human brain’s architecture, these systems promise not only increased efficiency but also an unprecedented leap in artificial cognitive abilities.

The potential impact? We’re looking at a transformative era where machines think and adapt in ways we’ve previously only ascribed to humans. From healthcare to finance, sectors will witness innovation at a pace hitherto unimaginable. However, the onus is on us to harness this power responsibly, ensuring that progress serves humanity’s best interests.

Lou Reverchuk
Co-Founder and CEO, EchoGlobal
..."
https://blog.featured.com/breakthrough-technologies-shaping-the-future/#answer2

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

manny100

Regular
Hi Stan,

Yes. Supplying chips is a faster route to revenue, if more time consuming and requiring more effort while being less profitable. I thought Sean pulled the wrong rein when they dropped chip supply because it excluded a huge number of potential customers, but it seems that the penny has now dropped.

If pre-orders are to be in 2023, we should see some income early in 2024. Let's hope we get a premium on the chips. After all, we will be substituting for Nvidia.

I wonder who will be supplying the model libraries?

The libraries will be determined by the specific applications, and will need to be adapted to Akida's format.

Libraries can be built up by training Akida, or, if existing libraries are suitable, they can be converted to Akida format (and supplemented by on-chip learning if needed).
Agree the faster route to revenue is the way to go. Should see appreciation in the SP and calm the raging beasts - holders.
Chips at this stage are the way to go. For now anyway.

Reactions: 7 users

The Pope

Regular
Thanks for sharing. In reading Tonys reply I get a different perspective. Tony is outlining the bases for shareholders not to give a 2nd strike and they have until may 2024 to come up with the goods. And in a 2nd sentence he is alluding to coming up with this hopefully earlier then may 2024. So in any case it's by May 2024 or hopefully before 2024 so it stands to reason that between now and May the company will prove itself. Just my take on the response.
Hi MDhere,

Yes I should or could have clarified more on TD’s responses and different perspectives but take your comments on board.
One word I don’t not like management to use is
“Hope”. My recall is Tony used this in his response and it put me off but I will let him respond to this post as he reckons he and other BRN staff review the posts on this forum.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
Toys on the moon :)

Just because we briefly had the topic of toys the other day and because we should perhaps keep a closer eye on toy producers.

"Industry-Academia-Government Joint Development Project

Palm-Sized Lunar Excursion Vehicle 2​

(LEV-2)​

JAXA has been developing Lunar Excursion Vehicle 2 (LEV-2) to be mounted on the Smart Lander for Investigating Moon (SLIM) jointly with TOMY COMPANY, LTD., Sony Group Corporation and Doshisha University. LEV-2, which is a ball-shaped vehicle with a diameter of approximately 8 cm and a mass of approximately 250 g, is equipped with two cameras and can change its shape to run on the lunar surface.
1698743405206.png

1698743425454.png

Left: LEV-2 changing its shape Right: LEV-2 in the crawling mode, swinging from the side to side

HIRANO Daichi engaged in the development of the vehicle at JAXA. He says, "To satisfy the limited size of the vehicle to be mound on SLIM, we had to downsize LEV-2. However, downsizing causes a decrease in running performance. In order to deal with this problem, we designed the vehicle to be a spherical object with expandable wheels and a stabilizer using the transforming technologies for toys. Moreover, we adopted the robust and safe design technology for children's toys, which reduced the number of components used in the vehicle as much as possible and increased its reliability." HIRANO continues, "This robot was developed successfully within the limited size and mass using the downsizing and weight reduction technologies and the shape changing mechanism developed for toys by TOMY and Doshisha University as well as the small and energy-efficient control board and camera developed by Sony Group." As implied by HIRANO's words, this joint development proved the value and possibility of industry-academia-government cooperation.
LEV-2 is now in the final process before the launch to the moon. It was designed by a toy manufacturer and thus gives dreams to children.
"I hope children will get interested in science generally, not limited to space science, by seeing the baseball-sized vehicle running while swinging left and right on the Moon.""

Profile​

HIRANOdaichi

HIRANO Daichi​

Associate Senior Researcher
Space Exploration Innovation Hub Center​

Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
https://global.jaxa.jp/activity/pr/jaxas/no088/03.html

toy maker Takara Tomy
https://www.takaratomy.co.jp/english/

Sora-Q Flagship Model
https://www.japantrendshop.com/soraq-flagship-model-p-8351.html

• Fire

JDelekto

Regular
Hi Stan,

Yes. Supplying chips is a faster route to revenue, if more time consuming and requiring more effort while being less profitable. I thought Sean pulled the wrong rein when they dropped chip supply because it excluded a huge number of potential customers, but it seems that the penny has now dropped.

If pre-orders are to be in 2023, we should see some income early in 2024. Let's hope we get a premium on the chips. After all, we will be substituting for Nvidia.

I wonder who will be supplying the model libraries?

The libraries will be determined by the specific applications, and will need to be adapted to Akida's format.

Libraries can be built up by training Akida, or, if existing libraries are suitable, they can be converted to Akida format (and supplemented by on-chip learning if needed).
As Hugging Face seems to be one of the currently popular places for people to publish open-source and commercially licensed models, hopefully, SNN models for Akida (and other neuromorphic processors) will be published there over time.

While sparse, a few links appear when searching for "spiking neural networks". One is a model trained for SpikeGPT on BookCorpus, which looks interesting. It would help to have a greater presence on that site; one of my concerns is that SNN distribution formats will go through the same pain of model format development that current LLMs have.

It seems like every month a new model file format is developed. While it does keep improving, having to download new 20+ GB model files for updated AI tools is getting tiresome (especially at my internet speeds).

I hope that SNNs will be significantly smaller for the same accuracy of inference when used for generative workloads.

Anyhow, BrainChip should consider having a presence there for their models and assign one of their developers the task of examining the progress of current model file formats and start spearheading an effort for developing the same for SNN models.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

manny100

Regular
FUD is rife both here and hotcrapper.

Make no mistake, those that are promoting the idea of a second strike are doing so with dishonest intentions.

We are not even half way to the next AGM. There is a significant amount of water to flow under the bridge between now and then. It is a premature scare tactic and nothing more for those that are promoting it to either accumulate more shares at a cheap price or to make money on a short position as the price declines.

In addition to that, anyone that thinks a second strike is a good idea has holes in their head. All the work that has been done to date, all of the relationships that have been built, they are at a people level. If the board spills and some of our key directors are not re-elected then we lose significant progress in that regard.

The entire re-election process would also be a massive distraction and a costly process. It is a 90-day process that would limit directors time in areas of the business that actually matter. We need our directors focused with two hands on the wheel. Not worrying about a fucking board spill.

@Xray1 is a user to watch out for. There are many more but I will leave that for you to make your own opinion on.

The only person I don't want to see re-elected at the next AGM is Pia. Loan, Antonio etc all come with significant semi-conductor industry experience and expertise. They've been there and have done it and consequently have great networks to leverage. Pia has none of that. Pia has very good board level experience and would be suitable for other listed companies, but not Brainchip. I am also annoyed by the fact she heavily promotes events, groups and other ideas on her LinkedIn, but never Brainchip, yet she is paid a significant sum for her seat at the table. Perhaps she does a lot behind the scenes. In that case the company needs to do a better job in showing the value added.
Agree a spill of the BOD as a result of a 2nd strike boarders on lunacy. It would completely disrupt the business at an important time in its history.
I can't see a 2nd strike succeeding in a BOD spill as i doubt we would see 50% voting for a spill at the same meeting. But you never know.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Draed

Regular
An AI arms race in mobile phones, is on its way... have a read of this and tell me we are not perfectly placed for the perfect storm that is approaching. Generative AI in your hand with low power consumption. Just like the phone became our stereo, TV, radio, camera, laptop etc, they will soon be our personal assistant, teacher, fitness coach, personal doctor, therapist, best friend, lover? Lol https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/ai-is-coming-for-your-phone-in-a-big-way/

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

stan9614

Regular
If that’s what you think of us Australian investors then I will refrain from what I would like to post about my thoughts of you . If I do , I’ll be flicked off this forum quicker than a rat up a drain pipe . I don’t want that , as there are quality posters here whom I value . You are certainly not one of them .
hi, frank
I think you have misinterpreted what i meant. The comment was not to complaint about australian investors, but complaint about the way we present all the valuable partners. What i meant was that the way or style of investor promotion that the management currently adopts is one of the main reason that only a small fraction of the 30000+ registered brn shareholders understood the companys progress well. People who follow the social media platforms and this forum regularly obviously will have a much clearer picture, but we are only a very small group of shareholders.

No offence was intended in my comment.

Cheers

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Labsy

Regular
It is clear institutional holdings have increased. The largest of which is Vanguard....

BrainChip Holdings Ltd (AU:BRN) has 28 institutional owners and shareholders that have filed 13D/G or 13F forms with the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC). These institutions hold a total of 64,159,590 shares. Largest shareholders include VGTSX - Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund Investor Shares, ROBT - First Trust Nasdaq Artificial Intelligence and Robotics ETF, IEFA - iShares Core MSCI EAFE ETF, VTMGX - Vanguard Developed Markets Index Fund Admiral Shares, SCZ - iShares MSCI EAFE Small-Cap ETF, VFSNX - Vanguard FTSE All-World ex-US Small-Cap Index Fund Institutional Shares, WTAI - WisdomTree Artificial Intelligence and Innovation Fund NA, IXUS - iShares Core MSCI Total International Stock ETF, SPDW - SPDR(R) Portfolio Developed World ex-US ETF, and IDEV - iShares Core MSCI International Developed Markets ETF .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231031_212033_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231031_212033_Chrome.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Labsy

Regular
Let me simplify this even further for the dumb dumbs.... as their holding has increased, the SP has dropped.... they are gorging themselves but the volume is too low for them to accumulate more than they would like because the majority of holders won't sell (low volume).. they set up sell walls to stop the sp increasing and then pick up crumbs from the panick sellers....
As soon as revenue comes, and it will!!! This will reverse. Most likely a pump will follow, but watch out for a dump... it will stop when we see consecutive steady increase in revenue which will then allow us to set sail to the promised land of dividends my fellow chippers... 😉

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 47 users

Labsy

Regular
In addition, Vanguard own a ton of shares in all major tech companies... they are in the know and sit on the boards.... they plan for the future and squeeze profits out of current tech, then position for the next...

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users

Labsy

Regular
Now let's all just relax.... the future is very bright

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Damo4

Regular
  • Haha