BRN Discussion Ongoing

cosors

👀
Hi ML,

The Board can only change or influence things which are within their control or sphere of influence.

What would you have the board do differently to avoid the 2nd strike?
Maybe continuously appear at the companies in person, ring the bell in storm, get on their nerves and repeatedly ask them to accelerate their development and beg to finally buy and pay :unsure:
I wonder if this is a good concept. I can't follow or agree with some here. Do one just have to be tougher as a salesperson and the other side will work faster?
I am completely in your opinion.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Tony Coles

Regular
The link mean anything, found it interesting though, check it out.

Qualcomm CEO Cristiano Anon

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
I may be wrong but revenue has actually increased year over year?

Sean said lumpy revenue, it’s happening.
The company has been partnering with 1-2 companies every month, clearly stating they will adopt akida. They will not buy a board and simply evaluate it, they said they will adopt and drive akida into products.

Development cycles takes time with IP, 2-3-4 years, it is not Brainchips role to update at every achievement of their partners that they make and announce where they are up to!
An example, Renesas/Meagchips license the IP, Brainchip would not be allowed to tell shareholders exactly where they are up to in the cycle, that is up to Renesas.
Brainchips hands are tied running with the IP model, it is simply not up to Brainchip when all the boxes are ticked with prototype, design, test, implement, production with those companies to announce everything.

Sean stated at the AGM that one of their licensees would have akida in commercial products “hopefully” this year.
Now let me ask you all, if there’s been delays, is that Brainchips fault? Absolutely not.

As Antonio said, you don’t hear what’s being designed into the iPhone 16 or the Galaxy S26, it’s just not how it works. Yes some less sophisticated companies may announce things, but most won’t. We all need to get used to it otherwise our money is best invested elsewhere.

Let me say this, let’s say Brainchip was a private company not listed on a stock exchange, and we looked at Brainchips technology, the board/management, the massive growing ecosystem which is 1-2 a month, the industries in which these companies are involved in and service, the recognition we and neuromorphic are getting, would we be complaining? No we wouldn’t.
Show me another neuromorphic company that has the ecosystem we have? Show me another neuromorphic company that has the experience of the board we have?
No other company has what we have.

People are using Chris stevens departure as some type of negative? How is it a negative?? Look at his employment history, it wasn’t exactly stable to begin with and at the end of the day he was in it for money, he clearly got a better offer at Untether AI and good luck to him, maybe he couldn’t handle selling IP? He never sold Neuromorphic IP before, nor has anybody in the world for that matter.

When Nandan left Amazon did that mean Amazon was a bad sign for Amazon? NO.

When Duy-Loan left Texas Instruments did that mean it’s a bad sign for Texas Instruments? NO.

When Rob Todd Antonio Nandan and our Japanese Sales guy all left ARM at different stages did that mean it was a bad sign for ARM? NO!!

When our recent product development manager just left Facebook (Meta) and joined Brainchip does that mean that it’s looking bad for Meta? NO.

When Sean left Hewitt Packer (HP) as Global Ecosystem boss and joined Brainchip did that mean that HP was going under? NO.

People leave their jobs for all sorts of reasons.
People need to stop looking at Chris stevens departure with the eyes of a shareholder and start looking at it like he got a better opportunity which he did!!

This argument and the same people on this forum who keep projecting their emotional insecurity of their investment are just that, emotional.

I just read a post above that the share price may go to 6 cents? Please let it go to 6 cents.
With Renesas coming to market in the next few months, large tier ones working on driving akida into applications, with akida being rocketed into space in January, with neuromorphic being written about more and more and with the technology and board and ecosystem that Brainchip have and growing, I’ll keep buying shares and reap the rewards, whilst others suffer in fear.

People actually think that it’s like selling a new energy drink to the servo or the convenience store, we are talking about a technology that is ahead of its time, never been worked on before until recently.

Ill take my chances with Brainchip over any other neuromorphic company out there.

Let me say it again, if Brainchip was not a publicly listed company, and we knew the rapidly growing ecosystem, the partners we have, the multiple different industries, the experience of the board & management we have, the technology, the growing recognition, the soon to hit the market in mass volume mcu’s containing akida and everything else, we would be jumping for joy, only question we all want to know is how long is it going to take, but it is a wait I am happy to endure.
Thank you for this new thought for me. I fully agree with you too!

____
That's how it works with startups here in Germany. They are rarely listed, German Angst from the .com time. They do their work, someone buy their company because it is good. Nobody hears anything about this. Nobody whines about the SP. Nobody whines because others don't work faster or regulations don't allow it otherwise. Your picture is very interesting especially for us here.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

cosors

👀
I know you’re genuine from the other site.
But what are you asking the board to do, put a gun to the CEO’s of the companies they’re engaged withs head & have them say sign now?
See my post above to Dio.

Thank you for your mind. I feel downright ridiculous saying that to you of all people.
Thank you for your words. You totally meet my opinion.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
The link mean anything, found it interesting though, check it out.

Qualcomm CEO Cristiano Anon

Sorry 😅
Screenshot_2023-10-27-18-09-49-65_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Obviously no one knows when it’s going to happen but imo there is no doubt that Brainchip is going to be MASSIVE let the whinges whinge I’ll keep buying

Apologies if posted ; some very specific comments from Arpan Pal an absolute industry legend ,

Our brain computation needs only 20 Watts, while a typical GPU cluster may need tens of kilowatts of power – how do we design AI systems that consume power in the order of our brain? In the area of low-power embedded systems, brain-inspired neuromorphic computing and spiking neural networks (SNN) tailor-made for non-Von-Neumann Neuromorphic architecture will result in significant power saving. SNN on Neuromorphic architecture is a great example of nature-inspired hardware-software co-design.

Embedded Systems: A Journey with Arpan Pal, TCS Research’s Distinguished Chief Scientist​

Arpan Pal
Arpan Pal, a distinguished Chief Scientist and Research Area Head at TCS Research, has carved a prominent niche in Intelligent Sensing, Signal Processing & AI, and Edge Computing. With an impressive career spanning over three decades, he has contributed significantly to the advancements in Embedded Devices and Intelligent Systems. His expertise lies at the intersection of hardware and software, where he thrives, making significant contributions to embedded systems.
In this interview, Arpan delves into the intricacies of his career journey, shedding light on the inspirations that led him to pursue a path in embedded systems and the subsequent evolution of his expectations. Furthermore, he generously shares insights into the surprises and challenges encountered, emphasizing the critical balance between technological innovation and real-world applications. As a seasoned professional, Arpan offers invaluable advice for aspiring scientists and engineers in the field, providing a roadmap for success that revolves around a deep understanding of hardware-software co-design and the adaptability to emerging technologies.
Arpan envisions a future for Embedded Systems that is deeply rooted in the principles of power efficiency and sustainable computing. With his visionary perspective on the transformative potential of brain-inspired neuromorphic computing and spiking neural networks, Arpan anticipates a paradigm shift towards energy-conscious AI systems. Pal’s remarkable contributions guide the future of technology and innovation as we delve deeper into the world of embedded intelligent systems.

What inspired you to go into embedded systems? Would you say your career has matched what your original expectations were? If so, what? If not, why not?​

For me, embedded systems had been a natural fit since I liked both hardware and programming and my first two jobs were in hardware-driven embedded systems – one was to build a microcontroller-based PSTN telephone exchange monitoring system, and the other was to build missile seeker systems. As I began working on these projects, I realized that I loved embedded systems because it is the only field that allows one to work at the intersection of hardware and software and requires knowledge of both electronics and software programming.
So far, the experience and the journey have exceeded my expectations. The biggest satisfaction is to see how embedded systems are making a comeback in the form of Edge Computing and how the concept of “AI at the Edge” is becoming mainstream for IoT, Robotics and AR/VR as it enables reliable, low latency, low power yet privacy-preserving intelligence at the edge.

What in your career has surprised you the most? Are there any challenges you overcame that you’d like to share?​

The biggest surprise in the early part of my career was to discover the possibility, for a given use case, of building a computationally lighter version of a sophisticated complex algorithm when faced with the compute/memory/power constraint of embedded systems without any significant compromise on the algorithm performance and I have applied this understanding again and again in my career.
The main challenge in embedded systems research is how to marry technological novelty to a visible and useful impact in the application. When I worked in missile technology, this challenge manifested itself in designing novel real-time target-tracking algorithms that can run on a DSP chip. In my sensing work in TCS for healthcare, this meant designing AIML/Signal Processing algorithms that consume as little power as possible so that they can work with wearables. Our Industry 4.0 intelligent IoT work involved designing systems that provide real-time or near-real-time response with deterministic latency.
The other challenge is at the platform level, where we have come a long way from tiny microcontrollers to DSP processors to AI chipset accelerators. But what has not changed is that an algorithm will always need more time, memory, and power than is available in the target embedded hardware – optimizing it to fit the target hardware is always a challenging task that requires embedded engineering expertise.

What resources or skills did you find most helpful when moving up in your career?​

Key skills are as follows:
  • A thorough understanding of hardware system features and limitations is essential for abstracting their implications for embedded applications.
  • When dealing with real-time systems, how to make software optimally utilize the hardware – hardware-software co-design is the key.
  • Understanding on how to map the impact of an application to the novelty of an embedded system in terms of system/technology, and how an application-level constraint will translate into system-level constraint in an embedded system.

What advice would you give to scientists/engineers in embedded systems?​

The first piece of advice will be to understand the beauty and the nuances of the hardware-software co-design in embedded systems, which is unique in terms of hardware capability and software features.
The second piece of advice will be to keep an open mind and be ready to adapt to new technologies/techniques as they come. Let’s take an example – In today’s world AI is the hype word; however, AI on embedded systems is not really well-understood yet. Embedded Edge Computing technology is coming up in a big way to address this.
The third advice is to identify a problem and then use technology to solve it, rather than going bottom-up to build a novel technology system first and then look for its suitable application.

What do you see as the future of Embedded Systems?​

When will embedded intelligent systems become truly power-aware? Green computing is indispensable as we forge towards a sustainable future. Embedded System engineers are inherently trained to make their algorithms work on low-power, low-latency-constrained embedded devices. The same principles need to be applied to transform over-parameterized ultra-large and power-hungry AI models into power-efficient AI systems.
Our brain computation needs only 20 Watts, while a typical GPU cluster may need tens of kilowatts of power – how do we design AI systems that consume power in the order of our brain? In the area of low-power embedded systems, brain-inspired neuromorphic computing and spiking neural networks (SNN) tailor-made for non-Von-Neumann Neuromorphic architecture will result in significant power saving. SNN on Neuromorphic architecture is a great example of nature-inspired hardware-software co-design.

Learn More About Arpan Pal​

infographic of Arpan Pal career journey

Arpan Pal has more than 30 years of experience in the areas of Intelligent Sensing, Signal Processing &AI, Edge Computing and
Affective Computing. Currently, as Distinguished Chief Scientist and Research Area Head, Embedded Devices and Intelligent Systems, TCS Research, he is working in the areas of Connected Health, Smart Manufacturing, Smart Retail and Remote Sensing.
Arpan has been on the editorial board of notable journals like ACM Transactions on Embedded Systems, and Springer Nature Journal on
Computer Science. Additionally, he is on the TPC of notable conferences like IEEE Sensors, ICASSP, and EUSIPCO. He has filed 180+ patents (out of which 95+ were granted in different geographies) and have published 160+ papers and book chapters in reputed conferences and journals. He has also written three complete books on IoT, Digital Twins in Manufacturing, and Application AI in Cardiac screening. He is on the governing/review/advisory board of some Indian Government organizations like CSIR, and MeitY, as well as of educational Institutions like IIT, IIIT, and Technology Innovation Hubs. Arpan is two times winner of the Tata Group top Innovation award in Tata InnoVista under Piloted technology category.
Prior to joining Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Arpan had worked for DRDO, India as Scientist for Missile Seeker Systems and in Rebeca Technologies as their Head of Real-time Systems. He has a B. Tech and M. Tech degree from IIT, Kharagpur, India and PhD. from Aalborg University, Denmark.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20231028_064931_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
You are 1 of 5 people on this forum that I have total respect for everything you write on here

As a long term holder I just voice my opinion.

A lot of things the current BRN management have done right, however we don’t know how many of these monthly partnerships announced are new partnerships or existing partnerships under LND watch.

Remember what LND said when he was in the drivers seat.

We had over 100’s NDA’s back then and now the NDA’s are being removed and the partnerships can now be announced.

In my view the current management at this point in time has failed and it’s not because of the share price……not because of no revenue……. It’s because they have not achieved more IP deals.
1698443200490.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Silicon Space Technology Corporation
1501 South MoPac Expressway, Suite 350
Austin, TX 78746-6966
United States
Hubzone Owned:
No

Socially and Economically Disadvantaged:
No
Woman Owned:
No

Duns:
Principal Investigator
Name: Patrice Parris
Phone: (602) 463-5757
Email: pparris@voragotech.com
Business Contact
Name: Garry Nash
Phone: (631) 559-1550
Email: gnash@siliconspacetech.com
Research Institution
N/A
Abstract
The goal of this project is the creation of a radiation-hardened Spiking Neural Network (SNN) SoC based on the BrainChip Akida Neuron Fabric IP. Akida is a member of a small set of existing SNN architectures structured to more closely emulate computation in a human brain. The rationale for using a SNN for Edge AI Computing is because of its efficiencies. The neurmorphic approach used in the Akida architecture takes fewer MACs per operation since it creates and uses sparsity of both weights and activation by its event-based model. BrainChip’s studies have shown that, for the small models studied, the sparsity on Akida averaged 52.3%. For medium and large image recognition models, the Akida model sparsity averaged 53.8%. This means that the Akida model needs roughly half the MACs to solve the same problem. In addition, Akida reduces memory consumption by quantizing and compressing network parameters. This helps to reduce power consumption and die size while maintaining performance.The Akida fabric is built of a collection of Neural Processing Units (NPUs) which are connected by and communicate over a mesh network. This allows the layers of a neural network to be distributed across NPUs. The NPU are arranged in groups of 4 called Nodes. Each NPU has 8 Compute Engines and 100KB of local SRAM. The SRAM stores internal events, network parameters and activations. Having SRAM local to the nodes saves energy since the node data is not being constantly moved around on the network. Packets on the mesh network are filtered locally so that each NPU only has to process packets addressed to it. The Compute Engines generate Output Events which are packetized and placed on the mesh network. Communication over the network is routed without intervention from the supervisory CPU, preventing the CPU from limiting the communication bandwidth and reducing the energy needed to transfer data between nodes.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Labsy

Regular

The company has been partnering with 1-2 companies every month, clearly stating they will adopt akida. They will not buy a board and simply evaluate it, they said they will adopt and drive akida into products.

Development cycles takes time with IP, 2-3-4 years, it is not Brainchips role to update at every achievement of their partners that they make and announce where they are up to!
An example, Renesas/Meagchips license the IP, Brainchip would not be allowed to tell shareholders exactly where they are up to in the cycle, that is up to Renesas.
Brainchips hands are tied running with the IP model, it is simply not up to Brainchip when all the boxes are ticked with prototype, design, test, implement, production with those companies to announce everything.

Sean stated at the AGM that one of their licensees would have akida in commercial products “hopefully” this year.
Now let me ask you all, if there’s been delays, is that Brainchips fault? Absolutely not.

As Antonio said, you don’t hear what’s being designed into the iPhone 16 or the Galaxy S26, it’s just not how it works. Yes some less sophisticated companies may announce things, but most won’t. We all need to get used to it otherwise our money is best invested elsewhere.

Let me say this, let’s say Brainchip was a private company not listed on a stock exchange, and we looked at Brainchips technology, the board/management, the massive growing ecosystem which is 1-2 a month, the industries in which these companies are involved in and service, the recognition we and neuromorphic are getting, would we be complaining? No we wouldn’t.
Show me another neuromorphic company that has the ecosystem we have? Show me another neuromorphic company that has the experience of the board we have?

People are using Chris stevens departure as some type of negative? How is it a negative?? Look at his employment history, it wasn’t exactly stable to begin with and at the end of the day he was in it for money, he clearly got a better offer at Untether AI and good luck to him, maybe he couldn’t handle selling IP? He never sold Neuromorphic IP before, nor has anybody in the world for that matter.

When Duy-Loan left Texas Instruments did that mean it’s a bad sign for Texas Instruments? NO.

When Rob Todd Antonio Nandan and our Japanese Sales guy all left ARM at different stages did that mean it was a bad sign for ARM? NO!!

When our recent product development manager just left Facebook (Meta) and joined Brainchip does that mean that it’s looking bad for Meta? NO.

When Sean left Hewitt Packer (HP) as Global Ecosystem boss and joined Brainchip did that mean that HP was going under? NO.

People need to stop looking at Chris stevens departure with the eyes of a shareholder and start looking at it like he got a better opportunity which he did!!

This argument and the same people on this forum who keep projecting their emotional insecurity of their investment are just that, emotional.

I just read a post above that the share price may go to 6 cents? Please let it go to 6 cents.
With Renesas coming to market in the next few months, large tier ones working on driving akida into applications, with akida being rocketed into space in January, with neuromorphic being written about more and more and with the technology and board and ecosystem that Brainchip have and growing, I’ll keep buying shares and reap the rewards, whilst others suffer in fear.

People actually think that it’s like selling a new energy drink to the servo or the convenience store, we are talking about a technology that is ahead of its time, never been worked on before until recently.

Ill take my chances with Brainchip over any other neuromorphic company out there.

Let me say it again, if Brainchip was not a publicly listed company, and we knew the rapidly growing ecosystem, the partners we have, the multiple different industries, the experience of the board & management we have, the technology, the growing recognition, the soon to hit the market in mass volume mcu’s containing akida and everything else, we would be jumping for joy, only question we all want to know is how long is it going to take, but it is a wait I am happy to endure.
👏👏🫵👍👌😉

Reactions: 8 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love

wilzy123

Founding Member
Unless you have ulterior motives, I don't see why we can't drop this 2nd Strike speculation until the time comes to actually voting.
I can't see any good reason to keep pushing the narrative of it coming if there's even a single license sold or Renesas/Megachips/Valeo revenue in the reports before the AGM.

All good if you aren't happy with the progress, to each their own, but the strike thing is getting nuts considering we have so much time left to make a full judgement.
It's like making a report card for a child before their year starts. Give them a chance sheesh....Akida 2 has only just been released.

I reckon they are the same people who leave the footy game early because their team is down at half time. 🤡🤡🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

jtardif999

Regular
Everyone needs to take a breath and understand that everyone’s got different opinions on how BRN is progressing.

In my opinion the current brainchip management has under achieved so far and it’s nothing to do with the share price.

It means nothing that our management have nice CV’s,

results in the real world is what counts.

In my view every month that goes by without a new ip deal means that other tech company’s are surpassing us.

You blink and new technology makes you irrelevant.
To surpass BrainChips technology competitors would have to successfully navigate around the patents and then discover what has been held as trade secrets by PVDM and AM. So far no one has come close to even emulating their tech. AIMO.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Easytiger

Regular
Hi ML,

The Board can only change or influence things which are within their control or sphere of influence.

What would you have the board do differently to avoid the 2nd strike?
The board has 2 primary roles on which their performance should be assessed:

1. Review and approve the business plan / sales strategy

2. Ensure that they appoint and oversee the CEO on the delivery of their business plan / sales strategy.

jtardif999

Regular
Everyone needs to take a breath and understand that everyone’s got different opinions on how BRN is progressing.

In my opinion the current brainchip management has under achieved so far and it’s nothing to do with the share price.

It means nothing that our management have nice CV’s,

results in the real world is what counts.

In my view every month that goes by without a new ip deal means that other tech company’s are surpassing us.

You blink and new technology makes you irrelevant.
Our problem is not being made irrelevant by a competitor, but more about being included as relevant by a world that is not yet in a position to make the best use of our science fiction.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

hotty4040

Regular
The last AGM we had our 'First strike' so would seriously want to avoid a 'second strike'

What is the 'two-strikes' rule?​

The ‘two-strikes’ law is designed to hold directors accountable for executive salaries and bonuses. It means an entire company board can face re-election if shareholders disagree with how much executives are being paid. The law is an amendment to the Corporations Act and came into effect on July 1, 2011.

FIRST STRIKE
The ‘first strike’ occurs when a company’s remuneration report — which outlines each director’s individual salary and bonus — receives a ‘no’ vote of 25 per cent or more by shareholders at the company’s annual general meeting.

SECOND STRIKE
The ‘second strike’ occurs when a company’s subsequent remuneration report also receives a ‘no’ vote of 25 per cent or more.

When a ‘second strike’ occurs, the shareholders will vote at the same AGM to determine whether all the directors will need to stand for re-election. If this ‘spill’ resolution passes with 50 per cent or more of eligible votes cast, then a ‘spill meeting’ will take place within 90 days.

SPILL MEETING
At the spill meeting, those individuals who were directors when the directors’ report was considered at the most recent AGM will be required to stand for re-election (other than the managing director, who is permitted to continue to run the company).

IDEA BEHIND THE LAW

RELATED ARTICLE​

Directors face "second strike"

The reform is intended to provide an additional level of accountability for directors and increased transparency for shareholders. Where a company receives significant ‘no’ votes on its remuneration report over two consecutive years, and has not adequately addressed concerns raised by shareholders, it is appropriate for the board to be held accountable through a re-election process.
Thanks buena suerte :) >>>>> BOB <<<<<

for that concise reply. Now, I'm in the know on this score. I can see the significance for the next meeting ( AGM ) will be very interesting indeed.

I must brush up I reckon from here on in, of my understanding about s/h controls IMVHO.

Thanks for your time in replying, much appreciated. And good luck with your investments.

Regards, hotty...

Akida Ballista

• Fire

hotty4040

Regular

Wow, I mean, WooooooooooooooW

Thanks for this offering chappy.

Much, MUCH, food for thought in what your saying, MUCHO, MUCHO GRACIAS Amigo, hope you're on the money ?????

" I like it, I like it, - I like the way, you run, your fingers through my hair " Remember that one ??

Nothing personal, of course 😉😂 ( know what I mean, know what I mean !! Say no more, Say no more )

Thanks for that reality check.

AKIDA BALLISTA >>>>> BINGO maybe - anyone <<<<<

hotty...

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users
Top Bottom