BRN Discussion Ongoing

rgupta

Regular
I calculated a positive outcome from my purchase today and that was I decreased my average share price from $1.53 to 86c as I last added to my holding back when it was $1.12c . Then I thought that was cheap compared to what I originally paid. I have not waived from researching and reading others research and felt confident to press the buy button today . I worked out my error . I started to post and it added onto your post . I then decided not to post and then wiped the whole post with yours included. Later I posted again and it started where I previously decided not to post . All good . I agree with others when they say we must look forward to a positive announcement re revenue and a commitment from interested partners .
Don't worry you are not alone here. I assume a lot is changing with management style of LDN to Sean. Hopefully it will come out positive, 🤞 but it is becoming more speculative especially when management is not taking control of present sp situation.
If you go by Sean's wording at 1st AGM
I am standing right in front of you and judge me on my work. The revenue will be lumpy ( although no lump after a year and half)
Last AGM he could not even read his script with full confidence.
But even after all those things you will find me next to you. We all are hopeful and that is it!

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Monkeymandan

Regular
Hi Semmel,

Welcome to the BRN discussion. It will make for a change from reindeer politics.

Your timing is impeccable as I doubt the price will ever be this low again.

The BRN business model is licensing the IP for the Akida digital SNN processor IP, in a similar manner to the way ARM licences its RISC-IV processor IP. There is a "sign-on" licence fee of a few million $AU, and royalties are paid on sales.

Akida consists of an array of neuromorphic processing units (NPUs). The NPUs are grouped into nodes (4 NPUs per node). The number of nodes can be chosen depending on the complexity of the intended task from 2 nodes up to 64 nodes. Several Akida chips can be combined for even larger tasks. Akida 2 will come in 3 different classes, E being 2 to 4 nodes, S being up to 8 nodes, and P being up to 64 nodes. The licence fee and royalties will be calculated on the number of nodes chosen.

Renesas has a licence for 2 nodes which will be integrated into a microprocessor, and this is said to be sufficient to perform inference (object classification/identification) at 30 frames per second.

Megachips has a licence for Akida although we have not seen the details we know that they were involved in the development of Akida 1500, which involved the production of the Akida chip by Global Foundries on 22 nm FDSoI (Fully depleted Silicon on Insulator, a very low leakage loss technology.

Akida has been produced by Vorago in radiation hardened format for NASA.

Mercedes used Akida in its EQXX giving the example of the key word spotting being 5 to 10 times more energy efficient than alternatives.

BRN has been working with the lidar manufactures Valeo for some years, and Akida is said to have a sweet spot for lidar.

Akida has also been trialed with Prophesee's DVS (dynamic vision system) event camera performing object classification such as hand gesture recognition, again greatly outperforming the Synsense model.

Akida is processor-agnostic and can be used with any sensor input. It is "programmed" by an associated CPU processor loading model libraries and weights and configured into the appropriate arrangement of layers and nodes, but, once configured, the CPU does not take part in the inference/classification which is all carried out in the Akida silicon without any software being involved. This makes Akida both highly energy efficient and extremely high speed.

Akida also uses N-of-M coding, which is much more efficient than rate coding previously used in NNs. This coding is based on the fact the information is carried in the first spike to arrive from an optical sensor, while rate coding counts the spike frequency to extract the information. BRN purchased Spikenet (Simon Thorpe's spin-off company) which developed N-of-M coding.

This is the patent for the NPU along with my favourite drawing:

US11468299B2

View attachment 46151

Footnote: For those who think @Semmel is a troll or is lazy, I recommend you have a look at the contributions to the Talga threads. Semmel's contributions and depth of analysis are a major cornerstone of the complex discussion of the native title court issues Talga is subjected to.

Trawling through this thread BRN would be a very difficult and inefficient way of gathering information for someone starting from scratch.
Very well said. That’s how to welcome a new holder - as I am.

Thanks to you and @cosors for unknowingly pricking my interest in BRN a few months back.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Slade

Top 20
Good to see some positivity return to the forum. I've enjoyed catching up on some of the great research posted by you all. I feel like there is a lot to look forward to. Have a good evening all. Back to my glass of milk and bacon sandwich.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 31 users

robsmark

Regular
Great work by the technical team at Brainchip in developing and releasing AKD2000. Obviously there’s no shortage of technical progress, and undoubtedly the team are already looking at AKD2500 and beyond. Clearly this progress in not reflected in the SP, which brings me to my next point.

Today should serve as definitive proof that absolutely no amount of non-financial progress will turn this dire SP around. I have said it time and time again that the ASX is a seasoned resource stock exchange, but has absolutely zero idea how to value tech stocks. Clearly this is something it must learn as more and more groundbreaking Aussie startups begin to make their mark, BRN, WBT, 4DS to name but a few. Sooner or later one of these companies will strike a deal with a major player on the circuit, and I look forward to seeing what an unprecedented deal will do to the degenerates of the ASX. Shorters currently have their way with companies like the above time and time again, ravaging them to a point of no end. Perhaps they’ll think twice about this practice once they get caught off guard, and I for one hope it is so damaging that it financially ruins them (similar to what happened to Melvin capital a few years back).

The question in my mind is who will be the company that delivers to blow.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 61 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Great work by the technical team at Brainchip in developing and releasing AKD2000. Obviously there’s no shortage of technical progress, and undoubtedly the team are already looking at AKD2500 and beyond. Clearly this progress in not reflected in the SP, which brings me to my next point.

Today should serve as definitive proof that absolutely no amount of non-financial progress will turn this dire SP around. I have said it time and time again that the ASX is a seasoned resource stock exchange, but has absolutely zero idea how to value tech stocks. Clearly this is something it must learn as more and more groundbreaking Aussie startups begin to make their mark, BRN, WBT, 4DS to name but a few. Sooner or later one of these companies will strike a deal with a major player on the circuit, and I look forward to seeing what an unprecedented deal will do to the degenerates of the ASX. Shorters currently have their way with companies like the above time and time again, ravaging them to a point of no end. Perhaps they’ll think twice about this practice once they get caught off guard, and I for one hope it is so damaging that it financially ruins them (similar to what happened to Melvin capital a few years back).

Yep agree with you mate.... We need a serious announcement with $$$$$$$$$$$$$ attached!!!!!

"The question in my mind is who will be the company that delivers the blow"....... with a 3 year++ advantage I'll go with us!! :love:

Hope ya well

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Kozikan

Regular
Good to see some positivity return to the forum. I've enjoyed catching up on some of the great research posted by you all. I feel like there is a lot to look forward to. Have a good evening all. Back to my glass of milk and bacon sandwich.
Oh My God !! Did you say BACON !! Watch out !!
Now ya gun n dun it

🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

cosors

👀
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users

Mannic

Regular
Typical ASX. A great announcement and the Shorters push the SP of the cliff 🤬

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Cgc516

Regular
When every one is despaired, the price will go up again a little bit without real $$$$$.
Let we see.

Reactions: 1 users

chapman89

Founding Member

Whilst for current shareholders the 2.0 announcement is great, I never once thought leading up to this announcement that it would be some re rate in the stock?! I hope nobody thought that.
It’s been spoken about for months, shareholders have held knives at management about releasing it, but yet how many here actually bought shares before the announcement? Or even bought shares today because it was announced?

It’s been the worst kept secret for many months, it’s as if shareholders just wanted to see a price sensitive announcement as that automatically means it’s going to move the market.

Well I’ve got news for many, this was never going to move the market!
The only thing that will move the market is material Contracts and revenue, and I think Renesas coming to market and hopefully co promoting it will also be a good re rate.

Myself personally I’ve been buying shares this whole way down from $1 to my recent purchase today at 18.5c, now why have I continued to buy shares? Well, TATA said they will implement akida into medical and industrial applications, they didn’t say they will evaluate it.
All the partnerships this year have all said they will integrate akida into products, we don’t know when but that’s the type of industry we’ve invested in.
As Antonio said, you don’t hear what’s being designed into the iPhone 16 or the Galaxy S26, he said with respect to those companies as they would be designing into the phones but you don’t hear any announcements about it ever.
I can read between the lines of these partnerships/joint developments and I have never ever ever been so confident with my investment than I have now .

There is never going to be an announcement about a contract with dollars attached to it other than the license fee, so I hope all get used to that!

I invested because of many many reasons, Renesas are coming to market soon, we’ve been waiting 3 years for this, megachips mustn’t be that far away? Valeo are coming out soon, maybe Socionext as well? VVDN mid 2024, who else are behind closed doors working away on designing?

The world is moving to the edge, it needs too.
We now have over 40 known partners, that’s just known partners, within a couple years.
And some are hitting the market soon, so it is actually just a waiting game for us shareholders.
We have the best tech, an amazing world class board, we’ve got a giant ecosystem, we’ve got a global tier one hitting the market soon, I don’t care how long it takes, but it’s clear it’s a waiting game.

I keep seeing shareholders blaming the company as the share price goes down, what do you want the company to do???? Break NDA’s just to make you feel better?
If you cannot handle the silence and the industry and how it works, then please, go invest in the banks or some other blue chip stock.

An example of how secret our partners/licensees are, I watched a Renesas presentation today live and there was questions at the end, i asked a few questions .
Did anybody else watch it? Probably not I assume.
Here is the link, you can fast forward to my questions, one question was “Is renesas planning on using spiking neural networks?”
And the other question I asked was, “what does Renesas think about neuromorphic computing in industrial and predictive maintenance applications?”

Now obviously they’re easy, boring questions but I didn’t wanna say anything about Brainchip.
Now when you listen to his answers, just remember 10 months ago Renesas and/or EE Times put out an article about Renesas taping out using Brainchips technology (spiking neural networks)
His answer to me was clear, he didn’t want to give anything away, now if Renesas are keeping it under wraps, why TF would Brainchip talk about it? Its not up to Brainchip to announce timeline of other companies.

Fast forward to 22:50 and then after the answer fast forward to 39:40.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 155 users

Sam

Nothing changes if nothing changes

Great post!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

DK6161

Regular
So I am guessing NDAs will prevent any news on who have signed up to our 2.0 IP (if any).
This will push the price further down and will force us shareholders to eagerly wait for the next 4C - hoping for it to show significant revenue.
I am afraid that this cycle will continue for a few more years for AKD2500, 3000 or whatever,etc. More pain on the way.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Sam

Nothing changes if nothing changes
So I am guessing NDAs will prevent any news on who have signed up to our 2.0 IP (if any).
This will push the price further down and will force us shareholders to eagerly wait for the next 4C - hoping for it to show significant revenue.
I am afraid that this cycle will continue for a few more years for AKD2500, 3000 or whatever,etc. More pain on the way.
Think about how many more shares you can buy😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Until it does it'll always be manipulated

Baisyet

Regular
Whilst for current shareholders the 2.0 announcement is great, I never once thought leading up to this announcement that it would be some re rate in the stock?! I hope nobody thought that.
It’s been spoken about for months, shareholders have held knives at management about releasing it, but yet how many here actually bought shares before the announcement? Or even bought shares today because it was announced?

It’s been the worst kept secret for many months, it’s as if shareholders just wanted to see a price sensitive announcement as that automatically means it’s going to move the market.

Well I’ve got news for many, this was never going to move the market!
The only thing that will move the market is material Contracts and revenue, and I think Renesas coming to market and hopefully co promoting it will also be a good re rate.

Myself personally I’ve been buying shares this whole way down from $1 to my recent purchase today at 18.5c, now why have I continued to buy shares? Well, TATA said they will implement akida into medical and industrial applications, they didn’t say they will evaluate it.
All the partnerships this year have all said they will integrate akida into products, we don’t know when but that’s the type of industry we’ve invested in.
As Antonio said, you don’t hear what’s being designed into the iPhone 16 or the Galaxy S26, he said with respect to those companies as they would be designing into the phones but you don’t hear any announcements about it ever.
I can read between the lines of these partnerships/joint developments and I have never ever ever been so confident with my investment than I have now .

There is never going to be an announcement about a contract with dollars attached to it other than the license fee, so I hope all get used to that!

I invested because of many many reasons, Renesas are coming to market soon, we’ve been waiting 3 years for this, megachips mustn’t be that far away? Valeo are coming out soon, maybe Socionext as well? VVDN mid 2024, who else are behind closed doors working away on designing?

The world is moving to the edge, it needs too.
We now have over 40 known partners, that’s just known partners, within a couple years.
And some are hitting the market soon, so it is actually just a waiting game for us shareholders.
We have the best tech, an amazing world class board, we’ve got a giant ecosystem, we’ve got a global tier one hitting the market soon, I don’t care how long it takes, but it’s clear it’s a waiting game.

I keep seeing shareholders blaming the company as the share price goes down, what do you want the company to do???? Break NDA’s just to make you feel better?
If you cannot handle the silence and the industry and how it works, then please, go invest in the banks or some other blue chip stock.

An example of how secret our partners/licensees are, I watched a Renesas presentation today live and there was questions at the end, i asked a few questions .
Did anybody else watch it? Probably not I assume.
Here is the link, you can fast forward to my questions, one question was “Is renesas planning on using spiking neural networks?”
And the other question I asked was, “what does Renesas think about neuromorphic computing in industrial and predictive maintenance applications?”

Now obviously they’re easy, boring questions but I didn’t wanna say anything about Brainchip.
Now when you listen to his answers, just remember 10 months ago Renesas and/or EE Times put out an article about Renesas taping out using Brainchips technology (spiking neural networks)
His answer to me was clear, he didn’t want to give anything away, now if Renesas are keeping it under wraps, why TF would Brainchip talk about it? Its not up to Brainchip to announce timeline of other companies.

Fast forward to 22:50 and then after the answer fast forward to 39:40.

Great post Jesse,
Yes been buying since we we reach high of 2.35, I have invested when and what I can into BRN. I even sold other stocks to buy this one as like you and many has posted the potential BRN has and i have been doing my own Sneak peak here and there when ever i can. And I have postponed my wishes to buy some of the stuff that i have been waiting to buy so that i can buy BRN. I wish had more $$$ so i can buy more of it.
Thanks for the great post cheers

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Mt09

Regular
Emily Hagen ai engineer IBM, thanks for the plug! Perhaps she wants to market us into the Nigerian region 🙄

Attachments

• IMG_5028.png
    IMG_5028.png
    783.7 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

robsmark

Regular

What do you mean signed up? If a customer has signed a contract, it must be announced. This is an ASX continual disclosure requirement.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

chapman89

Founding Member
What do you mean signed up? If a customer has signed a contract, it must be announced. This is an ASX continual disclosure requirement.
Ok so if Apple knock on Brainchips door and says hey we love your tech and want to sign an IP license but we want to keep it secret, does the company say ok, or does the company say no sorry, we have to announce it on the asx, do you still want to proceed? And Apple says no sorry!

Antonio said it in the second part of the investor podcast that some licensees who have signed won’t want to announce it because they are so early on in their design that they won’t announce it as the customer won’t want too.

Whilst this is short term pain for us shareholders, in the long term (2-3 years) it will pay massive dividends.

I fully support the company not announcing every single material contract if it means we get their business, especially if they’re a tier 1 global company.

Qualcomm is the same.

@Bravo have you got that Qualcomm article/screenshot where it was stated that their shareholders don’t know that their IP is in BMW or some other application?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 47 users

DK6161

Regular
Great post Jesse,
Yes been buying since we we reach high of 2.35, I have invested when and what I can into BRN. I even sold other stocks to buy this one as like you and many has posted the potential BRN has and i have been doing my own Sneak peak here and there when ever i can. And I have postponed my wishes to buy some of the stuff that i have been waiting to buy so that i can buy BRN. I wish had more $$$ so i can buy more of it.
Thanks for the great post cheers
Are you serious? You have been buying at $2.35? You have that much believe in the company?

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Everything as intended. Good news and SP is pushed down.
Yep such a shame ..I wasn't expecting miracles..but was hoping for a 21/22c finish!...Oh well ..Another day then! :)

Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom