BRN Discussion Ongoing

Sam

Nothing changes if nothing changes
Ok so if Apple knock on Brainchips door and says hey we love your tech and want to sign an IP license but we want to keep it secret, does the company say ok, or does the company say no sorry, we have to announce it on the asx, do you still want to proceed? And Apple says no sorry!

Antonio said it in the second part of the investor podcast that some licensees who have signed won’t want to announce it because they are so early on in their design that they won’t announce it as the customer won’t want too.

Whilst this is short term pain for us shareholders, in the long term (2-3 years) it will pay massive dividends.

I fully support the company not announcing every single material contract if it means we get their business, especially if they’re a tier 1 global company.

Qualcomm is the same.

@Bravo have you got that Qualcomm article/screenshot where it was stated that their shareholders don’t know that their IP is in BMW or some other application?
Wouldn’t there be some other binding contract without licensing requirements until everything is sequential and both parties are satisfied?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

DK6161

Regular
What do you mean signed up? If a customer has signed a contract, it must be announced. This is an ASX continual disclosure requirement.
So what's with the silent treatment we have been getting then? The company has made it sounds like many have engaged us and likely paid money upfront to use/trial our technology, but bigger all announcement.

DK6161

Regular
Apologies for sounding so negative today, but geez isn't today supposed to be the day we are rocketing back to 20 bloody cents?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Wouldn’t there be some other binding contract without licensing requirements until everything is sequential and both parties are satisfied?
Yes.
All our partners/ndas would have some contractual agreement but what that entails we don’t know!

Tata Elxsi said they will drive akida into medical and industrial applications, to me that doesn’t sound like they will buy a board, see what they come up with and evaluate it against others. It tells me as it reads, they will drive akida into medical and industrial applications.
But I know some people just want the dollars attached to it right away otherwise it means nothing, when it fact it is huge!!!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 50 users

Baisyet

Regular
Are you serious? You have been buying at $2.35? You have that much believe in the company?
Hey DK
I have been for almost 6 years now. I dont want to disclose my average i am in red at the moment. I did not buy at 2.35 but i have bought from 1.6 and last parcel was at 0.18 . And yes I do believe that much in the company. Its not just me I have invested through my super as well and I have convinced my son and brother. in;law as well :p. Time will come. But do DYOR , is not advice to any one. cheers

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Sam

Nothing changes if nothing changes
Yes.
All our partners/ndas would have some contractual agreement but what that entails we don’t know!

Tata Elxsi said they will drive akida into medical and industrial applications, to me that doesn’t sound like they will buy a board, see what they come up with and evaluate it against others. It tells me as it reads, they will drive akida into medical and industrial applications.
But I know some people just want the dollars attached to it right away otherwise it means nothing, when it fact it is huge!!
I do agree and the future is exciting, however I think there is a difference between licensing and perhaps an agreement / trialling process. My opinion

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

robsmark

Regular
Ok so if Apple knock on Brainchips door and says hey we love your tech and want to sign an IP license but we want to keep it secret, does the company say ok, or does the company say no sorry, we have to announce it on the asx, do you still want to proceed? And Apple says no sorry!

Antonio said it in the second part of the investor podcast that some licensees who have signed won’t want to announce it because they are so early on in their design that they won’t announce it as the customer won’t want too.

Whilst this is short term pain for us shareholders, in the long term (2-3 years) it will pay massive dividends.

I fully support the company not announcing every single material contract if it means we get their business, especially if they’re a tier 1 global company.

Qualcomm is the same.

@Bravo have you got that Qualcomm article/screenshot where it was stated that their shareholders don’t know that their IP is in BMW or some other application?
Sorry Chapman, you’re wrong. I can assure that that every contract that’s been signed has been announced. The company would be breaking the listing requirements of the ASX if they were withholding information like this from shareholders. You can confirm this by contacting the company and asking them. I can guarantee that they’ll tell You what I’ve just said.

They are unable to break these rules even if Apple asked them to. They would risk been delisted and we know how the company feels about ASX compliance.

Rule 3.1 ( https://www.asx.com.au/content/dam/asx/about/compliance/abridged-cd-guide.pdf )

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Sorry Chapman, you’re wrong. I can assure that that every contract that’s been signed has been announced. The company would be breaking the listing requirements of the ASX if they were withholding information like this from shareholders. You can confirm this by contacting the company and asking them. I can guarantee they they’ll tell You what I’ve just said.

They are unable to break these rules even if Apple asked them to. They would risk been delisted and we know how the company feels about ASX compliance.

Rule 3.1 ( https://www.asx.com.au/content/dam/asx/about/compliance/abridged-cd-guide.pdf )
So why did Antonio say what he said in part 2 of the investor presentation and use the analogy of Apple and Samsung phones?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

robsmark

Regular
So why did Antonio say what he said in part 2 of the investor presentation and use the analogy of Apple and Samsung phones?
Doesn’t matter what he said. I’ve given you a link to the compliance rules, you can read it in black and white.

Sean said “watch the financials” 18 months ago
Sean said that the company would be financially self sufficient 18 months ago

Words are just words, contractual obligations are another story all together.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 21 users

Damo4

Regular
Sean said that the company would be financially self sufficient 18 months ago

Where/when did he say that?

Reactions: 4 users

Perhaps

Regular
Whilst for current shareholders the 2.0 announcement is great, I never once thought leading up to this announcement that it would be some re rate in the stock?! I hope nobody thought that.
It’s been spoken about for months, shareholders have held knives at management about releasing it, but yet how many here actually bought shares before the announcement? Or even bought shares today because it was announced?

It’s been the worst kept secret for many months, it’s as if shareholders just wanted to see a price sensitive announcement as that automatically means it’s going to move the market.

Well I’ve got news for many, this was never going to move the market!
The only thing that will move the market is material Contracts and revenue, and I think Renesas coming to market and hopefully co promoting it will also be a good re rate.

Myself personally I’ve been buying shares this whole way down from $1 to my recent purchase today at 18.5c, now why have I continued to buy shares? Well, TATA said they will implement akida into medical and industrial applications, they didn’t say they will evaluate it.
All the partnerships this year have all said they will integrate akida into products, we don’t know when but that’s the type of industry we’ve invested in.
As Antonio said, you don’t hear what’s being designed into the iPhone 16 or the Galaxy S26, he said with respect to those companies as they would be designing into the phones but you don’t hear any announcements about it ever.
I can read between the lines of these partnerships/joint developments and I have never ever ever been so confident with my investment than I have now .

There is never going to be an announcement about a contract with dollars attached to it other than the license fee, so I hope all get used to that!

I invested because of many many reasons, Renesas are coming to market soon, we’ve been waiting 3 years for this, megachips mustn’t be that far away? Valeo are coming out soon, maybe Socionext as well? VVDN mid 2024, who else are behind closed doors working away on designing?

The world is moving to the edge, it needs too.
We now have over 40 known partners, that’s just known partners, within a couple years.
And some are hitting the market soon, so it is actually just a waiting game for us shareholders.
We have the best tech, an amazing world class board, we’ve got a giant ecosystem, we’ve got a global tier one hitting the market soon, I don’t care how long it takes, but it’s clear it’s a waiting game.

I keep seeing shareholders blaming the company as the share price goes down, what do you want the company to do???? Break NDA’s just to make you feel better?
If you cannot handle the silence and the industry and how it works, then please, go invest in the banks or some other blue chip stock.

An example of how secret our partners/licensees are, I watched a Renesas presentation today live and there was questions at the end, i asked a few questions .
Did anybody else watch it? Probably not I assume.
Here is the link, you can fast forward to my questions, one question was “Is renesas planning on using spiking neural networks?”
And the other question I asked was, “what does Renesas think about neuromorphic computing in industrial and predictive maintenance applications?”

Now obviously they’re easy, boring questions but I didn’t wanna say anything about Brainchip.
Now when you listen to his answers, just remember 10 months ago Renesas and/or EE Times put out an article about Renesas taping out using Brainchips technology (spiking neural networks)
His answer to me was clear, he didn’t want to give anything away, now if Renesas are keeping it under wraps, why TF would Brainchip talk about it? Its not up to Brainchip to announce timeline of other companies.

Fast forward to 22:50 and then after the answer fast forward to 39:40.

Thanks, it's great to have someone with a clear view.
Just to add some facts:
MegaChips and SocioNext already offer market-ready solutions with Akida IP to manufacturerers. In this case the licensing of the IP by the OEM will happen when the product enters the market. Nobody knows product cycles and timeframes of the industry,
So the known state of sold IP licences does not reflect the state of progress behind the curtains. There might be already market-ready products of OEMs waiting to meet the timeframes, while there is just no information available.
That well known "Watch the financials" absolutely makes sense, but of course the lack of information is a hard proof for most shareholders.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

chapman89

Founding Member
if I was the company, I would keep a large deal secret to get the millions of dollars in revenue, over just keeping the asx happy.

When you read the TATA partnership and how they say they will drive akida into medical and industrial applications, how do you read that? Do you see that as just an evaluation? Like a maybe, let’s see how it goes? Knowing that Tata has been involved with Brainchip since 2019.

Renesas was always going to be the first to market, he said it at the AGM, when we don’t know, he said later this year is what he said.
Now if you or anybody else bothered to watch what I posted further up from renesas today, you can see the reluctance in the guy from Renesas to answer the questions!

I am so so happy with my investment and it’s never been more fundamentally strong.
You and others can keep on going with the pitchforks and demanding the company artificially attempt to pump up the share price just for the sake of it but I don’t lose any sleep at night!
Those that know, know. Those that can read between the lines like myself, don’t lose sleep!

The way the company communicates with shareholders is what bothers me and that’s it, it’s not the lack of revenue yet!

To all those that actually believe in Brainchip and can foresee this company being successful based off your research and not based off your emotions and the day to day share price, I say well done!

There was those blasting Brainchip when WBT was going up to $8 or whatever it was because the CEO had done an investor roadshow and pumped up the share price, which he is entitled to do, then he raised money at $5, and now the share price is struggling to stay above $3.
Now I like WBT, but those that were hammering Brainchip for not announcing anything and WBT announcing everything, look what’s happening!

At the end of the day, the fundamentals must play out, whether Brainchip, WBT, 4Ds or any others!
And I am happy as I have ever been holding and buying Brainchip shares!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 84 users

robsmark

Regular
Where/when did he say that?
I couldn’t tell you specifically when if I’m honest, but something along those lines was definitely said.

Reactions: 4 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Thanks, it's great to have someone with a clear view.
Just to add some facts:
MegaChips and SocioNext already offer market-ready solutions with Akida IP to manufacturerers. In this case the licensing of the IP by the OEM will happen when the product enters the market. Nobody knows product cycles and timeframes of the industry,
So the known state of sold IP licences does not reflect the state of progress behind the curtains. There might be already market-ready products of OEMs waiting to meet the timeframes, while there is just no information available.
That well known "Watch the financials" absolutely makes sense, but of course the lack of information is a hard proof for most shareholders.
I am confused by some things, like as you say Socionext, they helped with the design of akd1000 I think it was, they offer us on their website, but they’re not an offical partner??? That I am confused about.

The thing is, not everybody can hide forever, and how quiet it is now it won’t always be like this.

IMG_3913.png

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 28 users

robsmark

Regular
if I was the company, I would keep a large deal secret to get the millions of dollars in revenue, over just keeping the asx happy.

When you read the TATA partnership and how they say they will drive akida into medical and industrial applications, how do you read that? Do you see that as just an evaluation? Like a maybe, let’s see how it goes? Knowing that Tata has been involved with Brainchip since 2019.

Renesas was always going to be the first to market, he said it at the AGM, when we don’t know, he said later this year is what he said.
Now if you or anybody else bothered to watch what I posted further up from renesas today, you can see the reluctance in the guy from Renesas to answer the questions!

I am so so happy with my investment and it’s never been more fundamentally strong.
You and others can keep on going with the pitchforks and demanding the company artificially attempt to pump up the share price just for the sake of it but I don’t lose any sleep at night!
Those that know, know. Those that can read between the lines like myself, don’t lose sleep!

The way the company communicates with shareholders is what bothers me and that’s it, it’s not the lack of revenue yet!

To all those that actually believe in Brainchip and can foresee this company being successful based off your research and not based off your emotions and the day to day share price, I say well done!

There was those blasting Brainchip when WBT was going up to $8 or whatever it was because the CEO had done an investor roadshow and pumped up the share price, which he is entitled to do, then he raised money at $5, and now the share price is struggling to stay above $3.
Now I like WBT, but those that were hammering Brainchip for not announcing anything and WBT announcing everything, look what’s happening!

At the end of the day, the fundamentals must play out, whether Brainchip, WBT, 4Ds or any others!
And I am happy as I have ever been holding and buying Brainchip shares!

I’m not trying to pick an argument with you Chapman, but I just want to point out that whilst WBT has dropped from $8 - $3 (a 62% drop), we have dropped from $2.34 - 18c (a 92% drop). I fail to see your argument here.

Reactions: 9 users

The Pope

Regular
I’m not trying to pick an argument with you Chapman, but I just want to point out that whilst WBT has dropped from $8 - $3 (a 62% drop), we have dropped from $2.34 - 18c (a 92% drop). I fail to see your argument here.
While you are throwing around opinions etc
WBT actually had a 52 week high of $9.03. My opinion it will drop back towards its 52 week low of $2 (maybe lower) if revenue etc isn’t coming soon.
It appears shorters like companies in asx200 without revenue.

• Love
Reactions: 20 users

chapman89

Founding Member
I see your point, but it took WBT only a couple months to drop from that price, where as it’s taken Brainchip almost 2 years.
WBT’s market cap now is equivalent to Brn being about 40c odd, so silly comparison on my behalf of comparing share price and nobody likes seeing Brn this low, we all never thought it would be this low but it is what it is, it’s been a learning curve for all of us, but I’d say for the better!
We’ve probably all told friends and family to buy Brn shares and they’ve taken our advice and now they’re all hammering us, I am experiencing this myself and god damn does it annoy me.
Whats become clear to me is it will take longer, but it won’t always be this slow, it may be slow for another few months.

I am holding out for 2-4 licenses by the next AGM, Renesas coming to market, Valeo 99.9% sure and going off Valeo employee telling me they achieved what they did by neuromorphic and snn, I’m expecting no revenue this quarter (I’d love to be wrong) but December quarter I’ll start to get excited hopefully, MegaChips hopefully coming to market by mid 2024, but will we know who they’re designing and supplying for? VVDN end of year, Teksun mid 2024, Socionext? And maybe a couple others coming to market that we aren’t aware of yet.
I’m not asking for much am I? 😆😎

I know people are saying revenue this quarter, but I just don’t see where it would have came from just yet.
Just my thoughts.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 70 users

Perhaps

Regular
I am confused by some things, like as you say Socionext, they helped with the design of akd1000 I think it was, they offer us on their website, but they’re not an offical partner??? That I am confused about.

The thing is, not everybody can hide forever, and how quiet it is now it won’t always be like this.

View attachment 46199
I agree the absence of SocioNext mentioned as partner is a bit confusing, but that old announcement from 2020 shows pretty good the way they go:

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

robsmark

Regular
While you are throwing around opinions etc
WBT actually had a 52 week high of $9.03. My opinion it will drop back towards its 52 week low of $2 (maybe lower) if revenue etc isn’t coming soon.
It appears shorters like companies in asx200 without revenue.
What “opinions” or “etc.” have I thrown around your holiness? I haven’t posted any, perhaps lay off the communion wine. Also, $8 - $3 weren’t my numbers, I just did the math.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

robsmark

Regular
I see your point, but it took WBT only a couple months to drop from that price, where as it’s taken Brainchip almost 2 years.
WBT’s market cap now is equivalent to Brn being about 40c odd, so silly comparison on my behalf of comparing share price and nobody likes seeing Brn this low, we all never thought it would be this low but it is what it is, it’s been a learning curve for all of us, but I’d say for the better!
We’ve probably all told friends and family to buy Brn shares and they’ve taken our advice and now they’re all hammering us, I am experiencing this myself and god damn does it annoy me.
Whats become clear to me is it will take longer, but it won’t always be this slow, it may be slow for another few months.

I am holding out for 2-4 licenses by the next AGM, Renesas coming to market, Valeo 99.9% sure and going off Valeo employee telling me they achieved what they did by neuromorphic and snn, I’m expecting no revenue this quarter (I’d love to be wrong) but December quarter I’ll start to get excited hopefully, MegaChips hopefully coming to market by mid 2024, but will we know who they’re designing and supplying for? VVDN end of year, Teksun mid 2024, Socionext? And maybe a couple others coming to market that we aren’t aware of yet.
I’m not asking for much am I? 😆😎

I know people are saying revenue this quarter, but I just don’t see where it would have came from just yet.
Just my thoughts.
I hope you’re right mate, I really do. The potential is there, we just need to have it realised.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom