BRN Discussion Ongoing

Pandaxxx

Regular
It’s a bit tiring hearing all this ‘bots keeping our SP low blah blah’. It’s akin to someone having a victim mentality which is always unbecoming. The equation is simple. Revenue is king. That’s it. We wait…
@WhiteDove
It is this sort of negativity that you spout here that is so unhelpful. Perhaps consider that some find it helpful to express their theories of SP manipulation.

A little humility both ways might be a help?

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

7für7

Regular
It's ridiculous what some people post here... first, they demand an announcement, and when it's made, they ask why it was announced... you can't please them even with a course price of 300 AUD

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

7für7

Regular
And I would like to add that it doesn't matter what we read here from some users, why someone from the company takes a vacation, or why we don't receive feedback. These people are working on a product of the future, and they bear responsibility. It's legitimate after so much pressure to take a vacation. Or do you not take one? The year is almost over; one must use up any remaining vacation days. As a small investor, claiming the right to have high expectations and demand immediate feedback, I can only say one thing. We are at the bottom of the food chain... so be content that they haven't done an RS so far... just my opinion

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

stan9614

Regular
If ‘early access availability’ is appropriate for an ASX announcement (and Brainchip are super stringent with ASX announcements) then no one has had access to 2.0 till today? Surely there’s been early access for a while now which begs the question what’s the point of this announcement?
Rob said quote:
"We have been very active with current and future customers on 2.0 for a while. Making very good progress. We have evaluations at all points of the sales cycle. We are happy with the progress we are making."

I got his email reply as of this morning. So if we could count on what Rob said, I guess at least one customer should be very close to the end of this sales cycle if I understood it correctly.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 88 users

mrgds

Regular
Rob said quote:
"We have been very active with current and future customers on 2.0 for a while. Making very good progress. We have evaluations at all points of the sales cycle. We are happy with the progress we are making."

I got his email reply as of this morning. So if we could count on what Rob said, I guess at least one customer should be very close to the end of this sales cycle if I understood it correctly.
What email did you use @stan9614 to get a reply from RT ?

Reactions: 2 users

stan9614

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

JoMo68

Regular
Hi Guys,

I am interested in investing in BRN. I have a computer science background and I understand the Akida technology and implications. Though what I dont understand is how BRN is going to make revenue/profit. I simply cant figure out how this company is supposed to earn money. Yes, I understand that BRN is not selling chips or integrated systems, but rather the Akida design. But I am at a loss how the revenue stream is supposed to work. And thats holding me back right about now. Can you maybe explain in 1 or 2 paragraphs how this is supposed to work? Who are our customers? What exactly are we selling? And how does this scale? Does the profit flow with the number of sold chips that have Akida in them? Does it scale with number of uses? Does it scale with number of licences and the hardware is irrelevant? I dont know, and I would like to understand.

Also, to make it abondendly clear, I am invested in Tesla and Talga at moment, roughly equal parts. I am not really looking forwards to have another investment on the ASX with all its shinanigans. However, I might be looking away from that issue if there is a good enough reason. I was too bliend to see NVIDEA going off before it did. It was quite obvious in hind sight. BRN might be equally obvious but I want to make sure that I cover my bases in terms of company health and economic viability.
Hi Semmel, welcome to BRN (don't worry team, I can vouch for him from the TLG site)! A good place to start is the Brainchip story (I think it's been pinned so appears at the top of the list of threads on the BRN site).

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Damo4

Regular
Hi Semmel, welcome to BRN (don't worry team, I can vouch for him from the TLG site)! A good place to start is the Brainchip story (I think it's been pinned so appears at the top of the list of threads on the BRN site).

Don't forget to remind him then that standard initiation to BRN forums, is to line wipe the first 6 sell lines ;)
Then we can attach the stone of Triumph.

1696299259045.png

• Haha
Reactions: 22 users

davidfitz

Regular
Don't forget to remind him then that standard initiation to BRN forums, is to line wipe the first 6 sell lines ;)

View attachment 46160
I have done my part, up to the rest of you!

1696299743282.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 69 users

Akida27

Rob said quote:

Good stuff Stan and good that Rob is keeping an eye on the emails. I think sometimes the wording coming from the company in press releases/announcements could do with some work. We’ll be laughing that all off soon though 👍🏼

Reactions: 12 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
currently because Tony is on annual leave, Rob is monitoring the investor relation email for Tony
ir@brainchip.com
LOL Rob is in for a rude shock.

I think seeing the constant barrage of email complaints that Tony has historically dealt with may be an eye-opening experience for Rob.

Rob is closer to the ground and the US team so I trust will pass on the message that communication can and needs to improve.

It seems to me that Tony's messages on behalf of the shareholders aren't quite making their way across the water to the US so hopefully Rob's messages will make it across the 10 metres of carpet separating his office from Sean's.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining

View attachment 46160
Yes this is standard practice initiation! 🔥The 6LineWipe

Fact Finder wiped 12 lines

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
LOL Rob is in for a rude shock.

I think seeing the constant barrage of email complaints that Tony has historically dealt with may be an eye-opening experience for Rob.

Rob is closer to the ground and the US team so I trust will pass on the message that communication can and needs to improve.

It seems to me that Tony's messages on behalf of the shareholders aren't quite making their way across the water to the US so hopefully Rob's messages will make it across the 10 metres of carpet separating his office from Sean's.
Are you actually going to lay off the abusive emails to Tony while he's on holidays?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Rob said quote:

Wow thanks for that stan 👏👏👏 ..This sounds very exciting .. "at all points of the sales cycle". $$$$$$$ incoming! :)

• Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Dhm

Regular
Hi Semmel,

Welcome to the BRN discussion. It will make for a change from reindeer politics.

Your timing is impeccable as I doubt the price will ever be this low again.

The BRN business model is licensing the IP for the Akida digital SNN processor IP, in a similar manner to the way ARM licences its RISC-IV processor IP. There is a "sign-on" licence fee of a few million $AU, and royalties are paid on sales.

Akida consists of an array of neuromorphic processing units (NPUs). The NPUs are grouped into nodes (4 NPUs per node). The number of nodes can be chosen depending on the complexity of the intended task from 2 nodes up to 64 nodes. Several Akida chips can be combined for even larger tasks. Akida 2 will come in 3 different classes, E being 2 to 4 nodes, S being up to 8 nodes, and P being up to 64 nodes. The licence fee and royalties will be calculated on the number of nodes chosen.

Renesas has a licence for 2 nodes which will be integrated into a microprocessor, and this is said to be sufficient to perform inference (object classification/identification) at 30 frames per second.

Megachips has a licence for Akida although we have not seen the details we know that they were involved in the development of Akida 1500, which involved the production of the Akida chip by Global Foundries on 22 nm FDSoI (Fully depleted Silicon on Insulator, a very low leakage loss technology.

Akida has been produced by Vorago in radiation hardened format for NASA.

Mercedes used Akida in its EQXX giving the example of the key word spotting being 5 to 10 times more energy efficient than alternatives.

BRN has been working with the lidar manufactures Valeo for some years, and Akida is said to have a sweet spot for lidar.

Akida has also been trialed with Prophesee's DVS (dynamic vision system) event camera performing object classification such as hand gesture recognition, again greatly outperforming the Synsense model.

Akida is processor-agnostic and can be used with any sensor input. It is "programmed" by an associated CPU processor loading model libraries and weights and configured into the appropriate arrangement of layers and nodes, but, once configured, the CPU does not take part in the inference/classification which is all carried out in the Akida silicon without any software being involved. This makes Akida both highly energy efficient and extremely high speed.

Akida also uses N-of-M coding, which is much more efficient than rate coding previously used in NNs. This coding is based on the fact the information is carried in the first spike to arrive from an optical sensor, while rate coding counts the spike frequency to extract the information. BRN purchased Spikenet (Simon Thorpe's spin-off company) which developed N-of-M coding.

This is the patent for the NPU along with my favourite drawing:

US11468299B2

View attachment 46151

Footnote: For those who think @Semmel is a troll or is lazy, I recommend you have a look at the contributions to the Talga threads. Semmel's contributions and depth of analysis are a major cornerstone of the complex discussion of the native title court issues Talga is subjected to.

Trawling through this thread BRN would be a very difficult and inefficient way of gathering information for someone starting from scratch.
And this is the reason why many of us, including @Semmel and myself, are generously helped and informed by some very smart cookies like the humble yet knowledgable @Diogenese and many others. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping us map our path through some very choppy waters full of sharks.

Heart Smile GIF by Shark Week

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

skutza

Regular
Does my 2.2 Mill sell on open count as line wiping?

Nah just kidding lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Damo4

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
Are you actually going to lay off the abusive emails to Tony while he's on holidays?
I have Tony's mobile number mate. I don't abuse him via email.

I find 3am phone calls work best.

"Hey Big T, just wondering when AKD 2.0 will be announced".

Seriously though, I have emailed him maybe 5 times over the past 2 years and it has always been a positive email to thank him and the team for their efforts or something similar. I know the amount of crap Tony deals with and don't wish to add more crap to his plate which will strain his workload even more than it already is. I'd much rather he spend his time productively then hosing down the same questions over and over again.

I really do feel for him. It would be a very tough gig doing IR for Brainchip. The company has a very large retail holding, share price performance has been on a constant decline for the past year and to add to all of that, Brainchip has some of the most passionate shareholders of any company on the ASX which just adds that extra level of emotion to every email Tony receives lol.

I hope he comes back from his holiday feeling refreshed - his efforts are probably not appreciated by most as much as they should be and he no doubt deserves a break.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 48 users

rgupta

Regular
Rob said quote:
"We have been very active with current and future customers on 2.0 for a while. Making very good progress. We have evaluations at all points of the sales cycle. We are happy with the we are making."

When was last time Rob told us he is not happy with the progress but market is looking for results than words.
For a change a year and half ago Rob told us tip of iceberg and train is ready to leave. But the same did not happen. So better to wait for results than keep speculating.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

7für7

Regular
I have Tony's mobile number mate. I don't abuse him via email.

I find 3am phone calls work best.

"Hey Big T, just wondering when AKD 2.0 will be announced".

Seriously though, I have emailed him maybe 5 times over the past 2 years and it has always been a positive email to thank him and the team for their efforts or something similar. I know the amount of crap Tony deals with and don't wish to add more crap to his plate which will strain his workload even more than it already is. I'd much rather he spend his time productively then hosing down the same questions over and over again.

I really do feel for him. It would be a very tough gig doing IR for Brainchip. The company has a very large retail holding, share price performance has been on a constant decline for the past year and to add to all of that, Brainchip has some of the most passionate shareholders of any company on the ASX which just adds that extra level of emotion to every email Tony receives lol.

I hope he comes back from his holiday feeling refreshed - his efforts are probably not appreciated by most as much as they should be and he no doubt deserves a break.
Exactly! Can you imagine working hard to find a solution for the next level futuristic product and you get daily emails like „hey tony… when lambo?“ „hey tony what about the share price“ „hey tony I am shareholder of 20 BRN shares.. what the fu… is going on ? Work for my money“ If I would be Tony, I would set my email account on vacation….: 🤔 wait a minute

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom