BRN Discussion Ongoing

Damo4

Regular
Well I did get jumped on for my thoughts on that..

But if you want plain and simple,

- 100million short positions
- zero announcements yet showing any change to Sean’s investor presentation in relation to product sales and revenue that he said:

“somewhere between now and five years”

- And we can’t tell you anything because it breaches customer confidence..

I’ve heard all the excuses for the above, but the bottom line is that the company valuation always tells the truth until the company’s fundamentals change it..

This edge box can’t be anything to write home about because of it we’re available this year on market, BRNs valuation would be multiples of its current t price, and in any event hasn’t been announced to the market through the proper channels for that reason, in my view.

Do you update your stock disclosure when you enter/exit BRN?
I've only ever seen held, even after saying you are out.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Currently holding 20k in trading acct

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Damo4

Regular
Currently holding 20k in trading acct

Sorry mate, I wasn't expecting you to tell us specifics, I was just curious if you update it?
You're one of the only honest ones here, so it wasn't a slight, I'm sure plenty trade or trade+invest and don't say anything.

Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Not sure I looked deep enough. I did do a pass over the web page of course. But its.. hard to distinguish between relevant information and "look how cool we are" type presentations. All companies have these. There are plenty of applications for BRN, but I have yet to see a killer application that isnt possible with a different architecture. Most of what is advertised is general capability of neural networks and not specific to BRN. But again, I think I get the technology side. Say for example the "partnership" with one of the partners is fruitful. Say, for example Intel. What service would intel actually pay? Would it scale with number of chips sold by intel?
Hi Semmel,

Welcome to the BRN discussion. It will make for a change from reindeer politics.

Your timing is impeccable as I doubt the price will ever be this low again.

The BRN business model is licensing the IP for the Akida digital SNN processor IP, in a similar manner to the way ARM licences its RISC-IV processor IP. There is a "sign-on" licence fee of a few million $AU, and royalties are paid on sales.

Akida consists of an array of neuromorphic processing units (NPUs). The NPUs are grouped into nodes (4 NPUs per node). The number of nodes can be chosen depending on the complexity of the intended task from 2 nodes up to 64 nodes. Several Akida chips can be combined for even larger tasks. Akida 2 will come in 3 different classes, E being 2 to 4 nodes, S being up to 8 nodes, and P being up to 64 nodes. The licence fee and royalties will be calculated on the number of nodes chosen.

Renesas has a licence for 2 nodes which will be integrated into a microprocessor, and this is said to be sufficient to perform inference (object classification/identification) at 30 frames per second.

Megachips has a licence for Akida although we have not seen the details we know that they were involved in the development of Akida 1500, which involved the production of the Akida chip by Global Foundries on 22 nm FDSoI (Fully depleted Silicon on Insulator, a very low leakage loss technology.

Akida has been produced by Vorago in radiation hardened format for NASA.

Mercedes used Akida in its EQXX giving the example of the key word spotting being 5 to 10 times more energy efficient than alternatives.

BRN has been working with the lidar manufactures Valeo for some years, and Akida is said to have a sweet spot for lidar.

Akida has also been trialed with Prophesee's DVS (dynamic vision system) event camera performing object classification such as hand gesture recognition, again greatly outperforming the Synsense model.

Akida is processor-agnostic and can be used with any sensor input. It is "programmed" by an associated CPU processor loading model libraries and weights and configured into the appropriate arrangement of layers and nodes, but, once configured, the CPU does not take part in the inference/classification which is all carried out in the Akida silicon without any software being involved. This makes Akida both highly energy efficient and extremely high speed.

Akida also uses N-of-M coding, which is much more efficient than rate coding previously used in NNs. This coding is based on the fact the information is carried in the first spike to arrive from an optical sensor, while rate coding counts the spike frequency to extract the information. BRN purchased Spikenet (Simon Thorpe's spin-off company) which developed N-of-M coding.

This is the patent for the NPU along with my favourite drawing:

US11468299B2

1696290793807.png

Footnote: For those who think @Semmel is a troll or is lazy, I recommend you have a look at the contributions to the Talga threads. Semmel's contributions and depth of analysis are a major cornerstone of the complex discussion of the native title court issues Talga is subjected to.

Trawling through this thread BRN would be a very difficult and inefficient way of gathering information for someone starting from scratch.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 122 users
1696290920135.png

Reactions: 3 users

mrgds

Regular
hi @AI_Inquirer
i just sent TD a enquiry regarding this that you have pointed out,

I received a "Instant Automated Reply" which was;

"I am on annual leave and travelling overseas. I am unable to respond to your email at this time.
I am back in the office Monday 16th October"

WTF ...............
thats almost 2 weeks !!!!!
Why has this not been re-directed to the US IR department?
Could a few of you email TD, as id like verification that not only i am getting this "Auto Generated Reply "
With thnx 1000 eyes (y) ................... tdawe@brainchip.com

Last edited:
  • Haha
Sorry mate, I wasn't expecting you to tell us specifics, I was just curious if you update it?
You're one of the only honest ones here, so it wasn't a slight, I'm sure plenty trade or trade+invest and don't say anything.
Haha all good.
I openly say I trade and have never shorted BRN..
I’ve sold out of my SMSF when 30c close didn’t hold..
I just stick to managing risk..
I know I get negative and that’s unpopular, but I’m as hopeful as many that they get it right and succeed

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

DK6161

Regular
hi @AI_Inquirer
i just sent TD a enquiry regarding this that you have pointed out,

I received a "Instant Automated Reply" which was;

"I am on annual leave and travelling overseas. I am unable to respond to your email at this time.
I am back in the office Monday 16th October"

WTF ...............
thats almost 2 weeks !!!!!
Why has this not been re-directed to the US IR department?
Damn, thought he is back from leave, hence the excitement around the 2.0 announcement

Galaxycar

Regular
The one thing you lot have forgotten so badly,Brainchip Tony,Sean and the directors are septic to its shareholders and the market. The biggest one is that their is no forward sales projections they have had a year of telling us customers have been waiting for 2.0 and still they are not willing to say how many are trialling it versus. Comes down to you don’t put your money with people you don’t trust. Me I have to wait till the next AGM if I’m gunna loose my money I will put my votes where they loose their jobs simple

Reactions: 1 users

WhiteDove

It’s a bit tiring hearing all this ‘bots keeping our SP low blah blah’. It’s akin to someone having a victim mentality which is always unbecoming. The equation is simple. Revenue is king. That’s it. We wait…

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Labsy

Regular
I suspect delay in announcement was due to one of our "advanced eap's" not quite ready to sign on dotted line and Mr Hear said F@#% it, I'll release an announcement to settle the waters for now, coz these guys are taking their sweet ass time, and slam dunk a killer announcement when lawyers are finished with their doodling..... any minute, any day... I can feel it... the second the contract hits his desk. Probably has announcement ready to go too... just waiting.

"Warning⚠️ Warning ⚠️ 🚨🚨, Blatant upramp with occasional freakish accuracy " DYOR

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 50 users

skutza

Regular
It’s a bit tiring hearing all this ‘bots keeping our SP low blah blah’. It’s akin to someone having a victim mentality which is always unbecoming. The equation is simple. Revenue is king. That’s it. We wait…
People say it because its true. Who is selling? Large volume selling? Why? Like you said, we wait, but today alone 15 Million shares were sold and bought, by who? The ASX is a rigged market where the insto's can sell and buy, jump the queue, hide bids and sells and do whatever they please. The don't have to pay $20+ for every trade and they certainly don't care about the rules we all have to play by. So the only thing we're allowed to do is whinge and whine, so we do! :ROFLMAO:

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
Hi Guys,

I am interested in investing in BRN. I have a computer science background and I understand the Akida technology and implications. Though what I dont understand is how BRN is going to make revenue/profit. I simply cant figure out how this company is supposed to earn money. Yes, I understand that BRN is not selling chips or integrated systems, but rather the Akida design. But I am at a loss how the revenue stream is supposed to work. And thats holding me back right about now. Can you maybe explain in 1 or 2 paragraphs how this is supposed to work? Who are our customers? What exactly are we selling? And how does this scale? Does the profit flow with the number of sold chips that have Akida in them? Does it scale with number of uses? Does it scale with number of licences and the hardware is irrelevant? I dont know, and I would like to understand.

Also, to make it abondendly clear, I am invested in Tesla and Talga at moment, roughly equal parts. I am not really looking forwards to have another investment on the ASX with all its shinanigans. However, I might be looking away from that issue if there is a good enough reason. I was too bliend to see NVIDEA going off before it did. It was quite obvious in hind sight. BRN might be equally obvious but I want to make sure that I cover my bases in terms of company health and economic viability.
Hi Bacon 👋

• Haha
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Damo4

Regular
People say it because its true. Who is selling? Large volume selling? Why? Like you said, we wait, but today alone 15 Million shares were sold and bought, by who? The ASX is a rigged market where the insto's can sell and buy, jump the queue, hide bids and sells and do whatever they please. The don't have to pay $20+ for every trade and they certainly don't care about the rules we all have to play by. So the only thing we're allowed to do is whinge and whine, so we do! :ROFLMAO:

Right?
Have you ever owned a stock, seen a positive announcement and though - " yeah let me just dump 2.2m shares real quick"

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Vladsblood

Regular
I suspect delay in announcement was due to one of our "advanced eap's" not quite ready to sign on dotted line and Mr Hear said F@#% it, I'll release an announcement to settle the waters for now, coz these guys are taking their sweet ass time, and slam dunk a killer announcement when lawyers are finished with their doodling..... any minute, any day... I can feel it... the second the contract hits his desk. Probably has announcement ready to go too... just waiting.

"Warning⚠️ Warning ⚠️ 🚨🚨, Blatant upramp with occasional freakish accuracy " DYOR
Well put mate that’s 😆. Vlad

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Akida27

If ‘early access availability’ is appropriate for an ASX announcement (and Brainchip are super stringent with ASX announcements) then no one has had access to 2.0 till today? Surely there’s been early access for a while now which begs the question what’s the point of this announcement?

Reactions: 5 users

davidfitz

Regular
Nice to see the annoucement finally come out. Of course all we need now is the IP Sales Agreements to be signed.

I could be wrong but I noticed some subtle changes on the Products page of the website?

'Deploy' is now available (I think it was previously greyed out).

1696293569446.png

Also the 'Contact Sales' tab is now live so let's hope people start clicking on it!

1696293613857.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

Iseki

Regular
Hi Semmel,

Welcome to the BRN discussion. It will make for a change from reindeer politics.

Your timing is impeccable as I doubt the price will ever be this low again.

The BRN business model is licensing the IP for the Akida digital SNN processor IP, in a similar manner to the way ARM licences its RISC-IV processor IP. There is a "sign-on" licence fee of a few million $AU, and royalties are paid on sales.

Akida consists of an array of neuromorphic processing units (NPUs). The NPUs are grouped into nodes (4 NPUs per node). The number of nodes can be chosen depending on the complexity of the intended task from 2 nodes up to 64 nodes. Several Akida chips can be combined for even larger tasks. Akida 2 will come in 3 different classes, E being 2 to 4 nodes, S being up to 8 nodes, and P being up to 64 nodes. The licence fee and royalties will be calculated on the number of nodes chosen.

Renesas has a licence for 2 nodes which will be integrated into a microprocessor, and this is said to be sufficient to perform inference (object classification/identification) at 30 frames per second.

Megachips has a licence for Akida although we have not seen the details we know that they were involved in the development of Akida 1500, which involved the production of the Akida chip by Global Foundries on 22 nm FDSoI (Fully depleted Silicon on Insulator, a very low leakage loss technology.

Akida has been produced by Vorago in radiation hardened format for NASA.

Mercedes used Akida in its EQXX giving the example of the key word spotting being 5 to 10 times more energy efficient than alternatives.

BRN has been working with the lidar manufactures Valeo for some years, and Akida is said to have a sweet spot for lidar.

Akida has also been trialed with Prophesee's DVS (dynamic vision system) event camera performing object classification such as hand gesture recognition, again greatly outperforming the Synsense model.

Akida is processor-agnostic and can be used with any sensor input. It is "programmed" by an associated CPU processor loading model libraries and weights and configured into the appropriate arrangement of layers and nodes, but, once configured, the CPU does not take part in the inference/classification which is all carried out in the Akida silicon without any software being involved. This makes Akida both highly energy efficient and extremely high speed.

Akida also uses N-of-M coding, which is much more efficient than rate coding previously used in NNs. This coding is based on the fact the information is carried in the first spike to arrive from an optical sensor, while rate coding counts the spike frequency to extract the information. BRN purchased Spikenet (Simon Thorpe's spin-off company) which developed N-of-M coding.

This is the patent for the NPU along with my favourite drawing:

US11468299B2

View attachment 46151

Footnote: For those who think @Semmel is a troll or is lazy, I recommend you have a look at the contributions to the Talga threads. Semmel's contributions and depth of analysis are a major cornerstone of the complex discussion of the native title court issues Talga is subjected to.

Trawling through this thread would be very difficult and an inefficient way of gathering information for someone starting from scratch.
Well let's hope @Semmel brigs BRN better luck than what Talga have enjoyed. I will unignore him for now.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom