BRN Discussion Ongoing

IloveLamp

Top 20
Well................I'd say this is excellent news

Tenstorrent, the company that makes and licenses AI and RISC-V chips and technologies, has announced that it has chosen Samsung Foundry to make its next-generation AI chiplets. The company's upcoming AI chiplets will be made using Samsung's advanced 4nm semiconductor fabrication process.

The Canada-based firm designs powerful RISC-V and AI chips for automotive, data centers, and robotics. Tenstorrent's chiplets are designed to offer scalable power from milliwatts to megawatts so that they can be used in a wide range of applications.
To ensure cutting-edge and highest-quality silicon manufacturing, Tenstorrent has decided to use Samsung Foundry's SF4X (fourth-generation 4nm) process. The chips will be made in Samsung's new chip plant in Taylor, Texas, in the US.
Screenshot_20231003_071537_LinkedIn.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

SiDEvans

Regular
Here we go. Akida 2.0

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
IMG_7620.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 80 users
From the announcement, my favorite bit highlighted in Bold.

“This is a significant step in BrainChip’s vision to bring unprecedented AI processing power to Edge devices, untethered from the cloud,” said Sean Hehir, CEO, BrainChip. “With Akida’s 2nd generation in advanced engagements with target customers, and MetaTF enabling early evaluation for a broader market, we are excited to accelerate the market towards the promise of Edge AI”.

To me, the fact that Akida Gen2 is already in "advanced engagements" hints that to some degree a collaborative approach has been taken. A brilliant strategy, shows we are prepared to listen (and react) and a sure fire way to embed our product as part of our customers solution.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 99 users

Iseki

Regular
Oh, ye of little faith, be enlightened.

Reactions: 3 users

Semmel

Regular
Hi Guys,

I am interested in investing in BRN. I have a computer science background and I understand the Akida technology and implications. Though what I dont understand is how BRN is going to make revenue/profit. I simply cant figure out how this company is supposed to earn money. Yes, I understand that BRN is not selling chips or integrated systems, but rather the Akida design. But I am at a loss how the revenue stream is supposed to work. And thats holding me back right about now. Can you maybe explain in 1 or 2 paragraphs how this is supposed to work? Who are our customers? What exactly are we selling? And how does this scale? Does the profit flow with the number of sold chips that have Akida in them? Does it scale with number of uses? Does it scale with number of licences and the hardware is irrelevant? I dont know, and I would like to understand.

Also, to make it abondendly clear, I am invested in Tesla and Talga at moment, roughly equal parts. I am not really looking forwards to have another investment on the ASX with all its shinanigans. However, I might be looking away from that issue if there is a good enough reason. I was too bliend to see NVIDEA going off before it did. It was quite obvious in hind sight. BRN might be equally obvious but I want to make sure that I cover my bases in terms of company health and economic viability.

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Whoop Whoop ...Happy days :) :)

1696284186248.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Dhm

Regular
Hi Guys,

I am interested in investing in BRN. I have a computer science background and I understand the Akida technology and implications. Though what I dont understand is how BRN is going to make revenue/profit. I simply cant figure out how this company is supposed to earn money. Yes, I understand that BRN is not selling chips or integrated systems, but rather the Akida design. But I am at a loss how the revenue stream is supposed to work. And thats holding me back right about now. Can you maybe explain in 1 or 2 paragraphs how this is supposed to work? Who are our customers? What exactly are we selling? And how does this scale? Does the profit flow with the number of sold chips that have Akida in them? Does it scale with number of uses? Does it scale with number of licences and the hardware is irrelevant? I dont know, and I would like to understand.

Also, to make it abondendly clear, I am invested in Tesla and Talga at moment, roughly equal parts. I am not really looking forwards to have another investment on the ASX with all its shinanigans. However, I might be looking away from that issue if there is a good enough reason. I was too bliend to see NVIDEA going off before it did. It was quite obvious in hind sight. BRN might be equally obvious but I want to make sure that I cover my bases in terms of company health and economic viability.
Hi @Semmel I'm sure others will chime in, but I have to ask the obvious question, have you done a deep dive into Brainchips website? So much there answers your questions. Oh, and todays ASX announcement.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

Tezza

Regular
Good day, could become a great day with a licence agreement.

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Mccabe84

Regular
Good day, could become a great day with a licence agreement.
Surely one by the end of the month isn’t to much to ask 🤞

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Buy side looking good.
Much more betterer ;);):ROFLMAO:

378 buyers for 11,706,825 units

151 sellers for 4,391,715 units

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
Well far out, finally sobered up from the pies grand final win, and we have Two Point Oh!

Hopefully time for a small run, and a few new deals to turn it into a big run!

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Iseki

Regular
Hi Guys,

That's a lot of questions.

Akida will make money by licensing their design to you, just like ARM.
If you are an OEM, you will want our designs because you can solve problems very cheaply, as compared with expensive NVIDIA chips that are just suped-up numerical co-processors.
Because our product can be rendered in silicon you can make it to be fit for purpose and as cheaply as possible - as close to your sensors as possible, so you can sell billions - one with every sensor - which solves all the intractable problems of response times, data coms, privacy.
You will want our designs because your products can do some learning on the chip which means your products can adapt without being recalled.
Also, brainchip is a friendly company that will help you along the way, and won't demand a percentage of your total revenue from each of your products.

Hope this helps.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Semmel

Regular
Hi @Semmel I'm sure others will chime in, but I have to ask the obvious question, have you done a deep dive into Brainchips website? So much there answers your questions. Oh, and todays ASX announcement.

Not sure I looked deep enough. I did do a pass over the web page of course. But its.. hard to distinguish between relevant information and "look how cool we are" type presentations. All companies have these. There are plenty of applications for BRN, but I have yet to see a killer application that isnt possible with a different architecture. Most of what is advertised is general capability of neural networks and not specific to BRN. But again, I think I get the technology side. Say for example the "partnership" with one of the partners is fruitful. Say, for example Intel. What service would intel actually pay? Would it scale with number of chips sold by intel?

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Drewski

Regular
Hi Semmel, perhaps you should consider that this stock and investment in this company is not for you and just move on.

I'm sure there is an amazing investment opportunity out there just waiting for you.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Semmel

Regular
Hi Semmel, perhaps you should consider that this stock and investment in this company is not for you and just move on.

I'm sure there is an amazing investment opportunity out there just waiting for you.

What makes you say that?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Shadow59

Regular

Hi Drewski,
I think he's baiting

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Semmel

Regular
Im not a troll in case you might be concerned. I am active on Talga side for years now. I am asking because I honestly dont understand how BRN is going to work as a company. So if its easy and I have missed something, please tell me.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom