BRN Discussion Ongoing

View attachment 46098

Markus has mentioned many times the decoupling of hardware and software:

1696234824495.png

So a question to those who know more than me:
What is the AKIDA IP that we are selling? Is it software? I'm curious.

Reactions: 7 users

wilzy123

Founding Member

View attachment 46099

All this means is that they are re-architecting their entire platform so that both hardware and software have fewer hard dependencies on one another. In other words, a tightly coupled hardware and software platform means that often times changes would need to occur in either 'ware' to support the demands of the other... which really limits development speed and creativity. A change like this makes their entire process more nimble. A good move IMO.

The Akida IP is both in the form of hardware (Akida NPU) and software (MetaTF). Like Mercedes, BRN have also made an effort to decouple their hardware from software processes, which will only work in their favour, as it makes development far more accessible. Unlike (for example) Intel's Loihi that requires you to learn some very domain specific software before you can even do anything with it.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 65 users

Newk R

Regular
Green Mondays after a Collingwood premiership are a wonderful thing

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Frangipani

Regular
Maybe Nadan was actually liking, the updated mRNA vaccine cocktail..

Hope not..
35D2435F-224F-4C6B-A3AD-AD3EF82A3F06.jpeg

While it is not my intention to kick off a discussion on COVID-19 vaccines here in this thread, I don’t want to let your comment go unchallenged.

For my part, I salute Nandan for spreading the word that updated COVID-19 vaccines are now available, and took the creative liberty to tweak the title of his recent AI HARDWARE AND EDGE SUMMIT 2023 talk (“The Edge of Tomorrow: Intelligent Compute to scale AIoT”) into something I am positive he would subscribe to:

“Cutting-Edge Medicine of Tomorrow: Intelligent Technology to like AIoT”

In about an hour, the 2023 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine will be announced. In my eyes, it is only a question of time before Hungarian-American biochemist Dr. Katalin Karikó will be awarded this coveted recognition for her pioneering and groundbreaking work in developing mRNA technology, which has not only revolutionised vaccine development since 2020 but is also proving to become a game-changer in cancer treatment.

IMO, the current stock market totally underestimates mRNA technology’s revolutionary potential, just like it does with neuromorphic computing & engineering.

(Those of you who disagree with me on the above, feel free to think of BRN only, when reading the following paragraph, sprinkled with a couple of Tom Cruise allusions à la Nandan. Apologies for it being about the lucre only - it is solely the lack of movie titles around “beneficial to humanity” that is to blame…).

A lot of punters are having their Eyes Wide Shut. Hence it is Mission: Impossible for them to see The Color of Money in the long run. What a Risky Business! They may be laughing at the Minority Report Knight and Day, but they will soon be Losin’ It and sink into Oblivion! The Days of Thunder (and heavy Rain, man!) are not Far and Away for them. Legend are The Outsiders (A Few Good Men and women) who do All The Right Moves and will soon enjoy their Magnolia Cocktail under a Vanilla Sky.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
View attachment 46088

While it is not my intention to kick off a discussion on COVID-19 vaccines here in this thread, I don’t want to let your comment go unchallenged.

For my part, I salute Nandan for spreading the word that updated COVID-19 vaccines are now available, and took the creative liberty to tweak the title of his recent AI HARDWARE AND EDGE SUMMIT 2023 talk (“The Edge of Tomorrow: Intelligent Compute to scale AIoT”) into something I am positive he would subscribe to:

“Cutting-Edge Medicine of Tomorrow: Intelligent Technology to like AIoT”

In about an hour, the 2023 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine will be announced. In my eyes, it is only a question of time before Hungarian-American biochemist Dr. Katalin Karikó will be awarded this coveted recognition for her pioneering and groundbreaking work in developing mRNA technology, which has not only revolutionised vaccine development since 2020 but is also proving to become a game-changer in cancer treatment.

IMO, the current stock market totally underestimates mRNA technology’s revolutionary potential, just like it does with neuromorphic computing & engineering.

(Those of you who disagree with me on the above, feel free to think of BRN only, when reading the following paragraph, sprinkled with a couple of Tom Cruise allusions à la Nandan. Apologies for it being about the lucre only - it is solely the lack of movie titles around “beneficial to humanity” that is to blame…).

A lot of punters are having their Eyes Wide Shut. Hence it is Mission: Impossible for them to see The Color of Money in the long run. What a Risky Business! They may be laughing at the Minority Report Knight and Day, but they will soon be Losin’ It and sink into Oblivion! The Days of Thunder (and heavy Rain, man!) are not Far and Away for them. Legend are The Outsiders (A Few Good Men and women) who do All The Right Moves and will soon enjoy their Magnolia Cocktail under a Vanilla Sky.
Katalin Karikó and and Drew Weissman definitly would deserve it (sorry for beeing off-topic). And although I have not seen any hint so far (and it's really far fetched), I'm hoping to see some dots between InstaDeep, Biontech & BRN somewhen in the distant future ...

Reactions: 6 users

Mws

Regular
That's the best you can do wilzy123456....Gifs, comments about other posters comments, never actually putting up any solid research,
yes, you have on the odd occasion, even emailing me personally a number of years ago, how about changing your ..... and start becoming a
genuine contributor, be that positive or negative, as in, focus on the stock not the individuals whom have genuine intent.

At least the Green Baby with the beer or the Rocket zooming over the clouds got a laugh from the staff in the US, but I'd like you to focus
on some research, for example, have you been in contact with the Professor at your University since you last spoke with him about Brainchip ?

Nothing personal, just business.

Best regards....Tech (y)
He’s a turd. When zeebot recently did the clean out I thought awesome, see ya. But then to see him post again ,I’m convinced Wilzy is zeebot

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
Now now… let’s not resort to a new set of conspiracy theories…. Regards, wilzy

😂

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 75 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
IMG_7618.jpeg

Tuesday October 10th ;
Big Chief from TATA!!!!
a little Brainchip mention be handy big dog 🐶

Next we will introduce Neuromorphic Computing and Spiking Neural Networks (SNN) as a means towards ultra-low power intelligent processing at edge. We cover design and implementation of both efficient spike encoders and spiking neural models on neuromorphic chipsets. We will present application use cases around gesture recognition for human-robot interaction [3] and lossless image compression onboard nano satellites [4] and present some interesting results.
Finally we will conclude with technology trends we see in this area that also relates to sustainable analytics to negate the ever-increasing energy consumption trends in computation.
[1] Ishan Sahu, Arijit Ukil, Sundeep Khandelwal, and Arpan Pal, “LTH-ECG: Lottery Ticket Hypothesis-based Deep Learning Model Compression for Atrial Fibrillation Detection from Single Lead ECG On Wearable and Implantable Devices,” 44th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine & Biology Society (EMBC), 2022
[2] Shalini Mukhopadhyay, Swarnava Dey, Avik Ghose, Pragya Singh, and Pallab Dasgupta. 2023. Generating Tiny Deep Neural Networks for ECG Classification on Micro-controllers, IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom), 2023
[3] Arun M. George, Dighanchal Banerjee, Sounak Dey, Arijit Mukherjee and P. Balamurali, “A Reservoir-based Convolutional Spiking Neural Network for Gesture Recognition from DVS Input,” International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), 2020
[4] Sayan Kahali, Sounak Dey, Chetan S. Kadway, Arijit Mukherjee, Arpan Pal and Manan Suri, “Low-Power Lossless Image Compression on Small Satellite Edge Using Spiking Neural Network,” International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), 2023

Biosktech: Arpan Pal has more than 30 years of experience in the area of Intelligent Sensing, Signal Processing &AI, Edge Computing and Affective Computing. Currently, as Distinguished Chief Scientist and Research Area Head, Embedded Devices and Intelligent Systems, TCS Research, he is working in the areas of Connected Health, Smart Manufacturing, Smart Retail and Remote Sensing. He is on the editorial board of notable journals like ACM Transactions on Embedded Systems, Springer Nature Journal on Computer Science and is on the TPC of notable conferences like IEEE Sensors, ICASSP and EUSIPCO. He has filed 180+ patents (out of which 95+ granted in different geographies) and has published 160+ papers and book chapters in reputed conferences and journals. He has also written three complete books on IoT, Digital twins in Manufacturing and Application AI in Cardiac screening.
He is on the governing/review/advisory board of some of the Indian Government organizations like CSIR, MeitY, Educational Institutions like IIT, IIIT and Technology Innovation Hub. He is two times winner of Tata Group top Innovation award in Tata Innovista under Piloted technology category. Prior to joining Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Arpan had worked for DRDO, India as Scientist for Missile Seeker Systems and in Rebeca Technologies as their Head of Real-time Systems. He is a B.Tech and M. Tech from IIT, Kharagpur, India and PhD. from Aalborg University, Denmark.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

Frangipani

Regular
Katalin Karikó and and Drew Weissman definitly would deserve it (sorry for beeing off-topic). And although I have not seen any hint so far (and it's really far fetched), I'm hoping to see some dots between InstaDeep, Biontech & BRN somewhen in the distant future ...
They got it!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Pmel

Regular

Could it be akida 1500 or even akida 2 (2000)
Dyor

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231002_204814_LinkedIn.jpg
    Screenshot_20231002_204814_LinkedIn.jpg
    906.8 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

robsmark

Regular
Now now… let’s not resort to a new set of conspiracy theories…. Regards, wilzy

😂

That actually was pretty funny. But I have to ask Zee, why does Wilzy get away with the constant baiting? Others would’ve been, and are long gone by now.

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi HG, Thanks for posting this.

Just on terminology (which changes more frequently than I change socks), NPU as used by BRN) meant network processing unit, 4 of which are combined in a node. Akida 1000 had 80 nodes. It also included an ARM Cortex processor for configuring the NN, but which does not get involved in the business of the NN in classifying objects or other input signals.

This is the NPU from US11468299:

1696240156050.png

As you show, the Raspberry Pi or other PCIe host would have its own CPU on the mother board.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Diogenese

Top 20

View attachment 46099

Hi HG,

We are licensing the Akida IP which is the design of the silicon hardware which can be integrated with any processor, so, if the processor is an Nvidia GPU based processor, Akida can be combined with it as part of the hardware, but we do not have confirmation that Akida has been combined with the MB.OS processor (yet), although AI and ML point to Akida, but water cooling ... ?.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Mws

Regular

Labsy

Regular
Yes buena suerte. noticed that myself. and I have noticed also that around 1.20pm (2.20PM NSW time) there
seems to be when a line will get hit. Somebody wants our shares, and let's hope they and a lot of others will
want BRN shares when they are at $1.95!🤑
Might be dolci buying back in... :p

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Pmel

Regular
Reactions: 2 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Labsy

Regular
Hopefully we get an announcement tomorrow morning... 845 am? Something IS brewing....Lets Gooooo....🚀🚀🚀
(Blatant upramp alert ⚠️, DYOR)

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users
Top Bottom