BRN Discussion Ongoing

wilzy123

Founding Member
Did you break something on your board, or was the mod for something else?

That's an original board (unmodified).

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

jtardif999

Regular
This is Apple's toaster patent:

US2022222510A1 MULTI-OPERATIONAL MODES OF NEURAL ENGINE CIRCUIT 20210113

View attachment 45961

[0052] Referring to FIG. 3, an example neural processor circuit 218 may include, among other components, neural task manager 310 , a plurality of neural engines 314 A through 314 N (hereinafter collectively referred as “neural engines 314 ” and individually also referred to as “neural engine 314 ”), kernel direct memory access (DMA) 324 , data processor circuit 318 , data processor DMA 320 , and planar engine 340

[0053] Each of neural engines 314 performs computing operations for machine learning in parallel. Depending on the load of operation, the entire set of neural engines 314 may be operating or only a subset of the neural engines 314 may be operating while the remaining neural engines 314 are placed in a power-saving mode to conserve power. Each of neural engines 314 includes components for storing one or more kernels, for performing multiply-accumulate operations, for performing parallel sorting operations, and for post-processing to generate an output data 328 , as described below in detail with reference to FIGS. 4A and 4B. Neural engines 314 may specialize in performing computation heavy operations such as convolution operations and tensor product operations. Convolution operations may include different kinds of convolutions, such as cross-channel convolutions (a convolution that accumulates values from different channels), channel-wise convolutions, and transposed convolutions

View attachment 45962

[0063] FIG. 4A is a block diagram of neural engine 314 , according to one embodiment. Specifically, FIG. 4A illustrates neural engine 314 perform operations including operations to facilitate machine learning such as convolution, tensor product, and other operations that may involve heavy computation in the first mode. For this purpose, neural engine 314 receives input data 322 , performs multiply-accumulate operations (e.g., convolution operations) on input data 322 based on stored kernel data, performs further post-processing operations on the result of the multiply-accumulate operations, and generates output data 328 . Input data 322 and/or output data 328 of neural engine 314 may be of a single channel or span across multiple channels.

It has 16 neural engines each with an array of MAC (multiply
I skimmed it and these guys look like they know their sheet..
And they are bagging AKIDA, in a sense, lumping us with TrueNorth and Loihi 2..

View attachment 46025

What they're doing is "Open source" WTF is their game?..

I'd like to know what Diogenese thinks too and Peter, on this one..
But we know Akida is agnostic both in terms of the data it can process and the preprocessor it works with to specify the synaptic weights. Akida1500 has been created to plug in any preprocessor tech so the info in that paper is a little outdated and somewhat misleading imo.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

JDelekto

Regular
View attachment 46049
View attachment 46051
View attachment 46053

That look like the Akida 1000 PCIe Board to me?

Anyone has a zooming software?

Learning 🪴
This looks like one of the various PCIe boards I've seen from Google images. While different from the current board image displayed on BrainChip's Website, perhaps this is one that is from a Raspberry Pi, or the Shuttle PC.

It looks very close to the one I have attached. One of the giveaways between the screenshot of the hardware that you provided and one of the various PCIe boards is the placement of the iconic six-point star-shaped logo on the PCB near the lower left-hand corner of the AKD1000 chip.

1696216778706.png

This is a very good find!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users
Software solutions will not be able to or be limited to keep up with the evermore sophisticated AI models and use cases. 20th century tech will hit a wall in about 2025 imo.
We are already starting to see that sort of thing, with the Apple 15 for example..

Apple seem to be blaming 3rd party apps "Your software is pushing our hardware too hard 😭" and a "bug" in their IOS 17 operating system "Yeah we can fix that and guarantee our "legacy" hardware will still run as hard! 😉👍"...

A lot of the article seems to be Apple running damage control to the max, which is understandable..
Their new phone's image has been smeared and other than loyalists, customers who are undecided on their next phone, will probably look elsewhere..

Like you've said, customers are expecting more and more, Edge device manufacturers are "trying" to give it to them, but even Great Marketing, isn't going to make up for products, that don't do what they say on the box..

Neuromorphic hardware technology, is the only way forward and the whole World is waking up to that..

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
We are already starting to see that sort of thing, with the Apple 15 for example..

Apple seem to be blaming 3rd party apps "Your software is pushing our hardware too hard 😭" and a "bug" in their IOS 17 operating system "Yeah we can fix that and guarantee our "legacy" hardware will still run as hard! 😉👍"...

A lot of the article seems to be Apple running damage control to the max, which is understandable..
Their new phone's image has been smeared and other than loyalists, customers who are undecided on their next phone, will probably look elsewhere..

Like you've said, customers are expecting more and more, Edge device manufacturers are "trying" to give it to them, but even Great Marketing, isn't going to make up for products, that don't do what they say on the box..

Neuromorphic hardware technology, is the only way forward and the whole World is waking up to that..

It also mentioned a study dome with Sony Ericsson cellphones. “Semen samples in the exposed group were exposed to EMR emitted from a mobile phone in talk mode (the mobile phone device was Sony Ericsson w300i; the service provider was AT and T; Global System for Mobile communications network; 850 MHz frequency; maximum power <1 W; specific absorption rate 1.46 W/kg), the distance between the cell phone antenna and each specimen was kept at 2.5 cm, and the duration of exposure was 60 minutes. After exposing the semen in the exposed group to mobile phone radiation, the semen samples from both groups (control and exposed) were examined for sperm concentration, motility and viability. ROS was measured in the exposed and control groups….There was a statistically significant decrease in the laboratory values of mean sperm count, morphology, motility, and quality/viability, among four different mobile phone user groups exposed to mobile phone EMR daily…long-term exposure to mobile phone EMR may cause reductions in serum testosterone levels.”

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Thinking

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
View attachment 46049
View attachment 46051
View attachment 46053

Learning 🪴
Very nice!!!! Great work Learning .... 👏👏👏 ;)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
View attachment 46049
View attachment 46051
View attachment 46053

Learning 🪴
Some components are different but it looks to be it..

20231002_140242.jpg

20231002_135931.jpg

Edit - It's definitely it.
You can see the highlighted "brainchip *" and just see the curve of the chip in the upper left hand corner.
Other probably minor components are in different places.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Edit it's also shown in their documentation manuals, so perhaps it comes pre-loaded, I'm just used to see the below image.

wonder what they've attached here:
View attachment 46056
There is a few modifications here

1696217797112.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Iseki

Regular
View attachment 46049
View attachment 46051
View attachment 46053

Learning 🪴
Shit yes!!! It's got the Brainchip logo on the card!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
At 2:26:17pm over 2.5million shares bought in one hit!!.... @0.195

:cool:(y)

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 42 users
All this space dot joining starting to feel like getting drawn into a black hole....want the SP to explode through the Event Horizon :LOL:

blackholedots.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users
But.. Peter owns the foundation patent (circa 2008 - Brain-inspired Device) good till 2028. They whoever would need him to sell that patent - even if BRN board agreed to a buy out of the other patents, which they wouldn’t imo he still has control of the foundation patent and he’s not likely to give that up.
I'm pretty sure at least "one" of the new patents.. @Diogenese? Builds upon the foundational patent (something you couldn't do without having the foundational one).

So even when the 2008 patent is "open slather" all the best ways of "moving forward" from it, will be blocked by patent/s which will still have 15 years life in them (from 2028).
I would think the strategy, would be to continue to do this, so that the "real" competition, is always 3 steps behind..

I'm not even sure, if this strategy is possible with tech, as it's a little "unfair" to the competition 🤣..

This is obviously not my area of expertise (none of this is 😔)..

So I don't really know what I'm talking about..
Hoping the aforementioned can clarify, whether I'm just talking sheet or not..

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Damo4

Regular
All this space dot joining starting to feel like getting drawn into a black hole....want the SP to explode through the Event Horizon :LOL:

View attachment 46078

2nd best GIF posted on this Forum after the famous bin!

I've been saving some funds until I think we start to turn a corner but my fingers are getting itchy, must be nearly time!

• Haha
  • Fire

jk6199

Regular
So, Akida right to cope with space and Apple can’t keep their phone from overheating on earth 🤔

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

Diogenese

Top 20

It also mentioned a study dome with Sony Ericsson cellphones. “Semen samples in the exposed group were exposed to EMR emitted from a mobile phone in talk mode (the mobile phone device was Sony Ericsson w300i; the service provider was AT and T; Global System for Mobile communications network; 850 MHz frequency; maximum power <1 W; specific absorption rate 1.46 W/kg), the distance between the cell phone antenna and each specimen was kept at 2.5 cm, and the duration of exposure was 60 minutes. After exposing the semen in the exposed group to mobile phone radiation, the semen samples from both groups (control and exposed) were examined for sperm concentration, motility and viability. ROS was measured in the exposed and control groups….There was a statistically significant decrease in the laboratory values of mean sperm count, morphology, motility, and quality/viability, among four different mobile phone user groups exposed to mobile phone EMR daily…long-term exposure to mobile phone EMR may cause reductions in serum testosterone levels.”
The French prefer letters to phones near ones suspended appendages.

"garde ton téléphone loin de mes reins"

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

jk6199

Regular
And the big buys keep coming

Reactions: 6 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Yes buena suerte. noticed that myself. and I have noticed also that around 1.20pm (2.20PM NSW time) there
seems to be when a line will get hit. Somebody wants our shares, and let's hope they and a lot of others will
want BRN shares when they are at $1.95!🤑
Hi sb182..... $1.95!++++++ :love:.........Just One 'Power announcement!' :cool:

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom