BRN Discussion Ongoing

LMAO... except when it suits you like your butthurt tirade on here the other day.

So pathetic.
Thank you

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

Zedjack33

Regular
1695375005147.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 25 users

misslou

Founding Member
Hi SiD,

I usually try to avoid semantic discussions, but I think this is an important discussion to have.
Hey Dio,

Thank you.

It’s a risk engaging in disagreement on here. A lot of posters are so stuck in their stubborn need to prove themselves right, defend their beliefs to the death or win a battle of insults.
It seems futile to challenge these opinions because their prefrontal cortex isn’t playing while their anger and hostility hold their brain hostage.
But! So many people read without engaging. We benefit. Quality perspective like this is worth reading through pages and pages of trash.
Many of us appreciate this even if we don’t say so.

Thanks for keeping up the good fight.

More importantly.. Up the Wahs!!!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 49 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
And now poor old Weebit look like they are going to go through what BRN went through, WBT were
34th on the 04/09/23 and now 19th. This should not be allowed.
Yes. Seem's the ASX200 has become a real gauntlet now.
I hope we don't go anywhere near it again until we have steady, predictable income they can plug into the calculations.

bimbo.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

M_C

Founding Member
Screenshot_20230922_200409_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Diogenese

Top 20
This reminds me of OpenAI and their crazy valuation.

I think about the timeframe Viana and others talk about 3 or 4 years to get product to market. But @Diogenese is there anything stopping Brainchip to partner with someone small like a doorball manufacturer and trying if the proof in concept works in a small consumer market/situation? Just like with ChatGPT it may go gangbusters? @Realinfo thought about this as well.

On an unrelated note, I and many fellow SHs know that BRN are in a prime position to capitalise on a possibly very lucrative technological breakthrough. Will bad actors come out and try to stop it or slow it down? Of course.
At least we can trade our shares. I've held AVZ for about 4 years, 18 months in suspension. Why? Same as BRN. Risk taking. Lithium deposit in volatile DRC Africa. Commanding a locked 2.75 billion MC (AVZ) to 375 million MC (BRN). Who said this was boring?
Hi GazDix,

It looks like the "IP only" strategy has some unexpected time lags and other monetary hurdles. The issue with small is "small" - licence fees, product design, royalties ... all add up to major disincentives, so we've moved our starting position to Edge computers with VVDN.

It probly won't be a deal-breaker if you have to change the battery every 2 months, at least not enough to cause you to buy a new doorbell/camera and the associated messing around with the hardware and software installation - the "good enuf" syndrome. The market needs time to absorb the potential of Akida.

Our problem is that any application which can justify the expense will take time to implement - development cycle, market readiness, safety testing ...

On the up side, we've been working with Valeo for several years, and it is possible Scala 3 will be in the 2024 Mercedes, due out in a month or three, and we may be in Scala 3 as well as in the in-cabin MBUX.

Prophesee has confirmed that Akida 1 is the only SNN that can march its event camera/DVS speed, and they are busting to get their hands on Akida 2.

nViso carries a torch for Akida.

SiFive fits like a glove.

NASA has put out a number of SBIRs calling for the use of Akida.

It looked like TATA Elxsi would be first past the post until VVDN came along, so it's a race between Mercedes, Valeo and VVDN, but VVDN is late to the starting post, so I'm betting on a dead-heat, with VVDN a creditable third place.

Re the bad actors, how did King (Wet Socks) Canute go holding back the tide?

But none of these partnerships run to our timetable.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 51 users

The Pope

Regular
RT (Batman) likes this one.

IMG_0482.jpeg

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 21 users

Deena

Regular
And now poor old Weebit look like they are going to go through what BRN went through, WBT were
34th on the 04/09/23 and now 19th. This should not be allowed.
Ah, but 4DS's star is rising. It is up 450% this financial year (3 cents to 16.5). You win some, you lose some.

But Brainchip's time will come ... hopefully soon enough to stop some of the bickering that's going on here at the moment. Settle petals! All those who want a more respectful forum please raise your hands.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 53 users

SiDEvans

Regular
Hi SiD,

I usually try to avoid semantic discussions, but I think this is an important discussion to have.

The term you used was "highly speculative". You've now tactically withdrawn to the more defensible "speculative" position.

Certainly dot-joining is speculation, but we have substantial links as well.

The technology is proven, so it is not speculative, so I guess the speculation is about whether there is a market which BRN can exploit profitably.

We have take-off orders from Renesas, MegaChips and VVDN. All that is speculative here is the tons of production and price per kg of Akida.

We know that Akida 1 blew the socks of a number of EAPs (Mercedes, Prophesee, nViso, ...), and that we have a sweet spot for lidar (Valeo). Whether or not they bite is, to different degrees, speculative, but is there anything better on the horizon?

We know that some EAPs have postponed final assessment, not because Akida 1 was a dud, but because Akida 2 with TeNNs and ViT is remarkably better. If Akida 1 had not passed muster or been shown to be hot air, would they have wasted their time assessing Akida 2? (Rhetorical rather than speculation).

We also know that for some potential applications some customers have found that existing solutions are "good enuf" for present purposes. In time, some of them may come to recognize what additional benefits Akida opens up for them (Small "s" speculation).

As to financial attractiveness, we have seen the Nvidia/Akida price/performance comparison. Nvidia may win a few on brand recognition, but ...

... and let's not forget that the lead time can be up to 4 years before a product hits the market .

I do not classify BRN as speculative, much less highly speculative, so I guess my speculatometer has a higher threshold than yours.

I'm sure we can agree to disagree at the $2 party early next year.
🤣😂 a man after my own heart. Your points are well taken. I suspect I may be projecting a little of my early feeling about BRN as I bought back a few years at $0.06 before the drop during COVID. Back in those days it was a “highly speculative” stock (for me anyway) and it’s still a little of that in my mind.
I certainly agree that there has been massive progress and my firm belief is that the company has always stayed true and on track with the pathway they layed out in various ways years ago.
Each of the things you note has firmed my belief that my little specky was going to deliver the good. If they’d ever done anything in my view to deviate from the path I would’ve been out.
$2 party next year, now that’s speculation! 🤣 very happy to be proven wrong and will attend with bells on.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 31 users

Bossman

Gentleman
No wonder the company doesn't reply to your email/s as much anymore, making false statements about what someone said or that you assumed that they implied, trying to belittle people if they don't always go along with your rhetoric, resorting to nasty name calling really exposes the inner personality that only close family members would have witnessed on a daily basis.

Not all posters have fallen under your self-righteous, opinionated, my way or the highway views approach.
>ACH
$2.75 by end of 2022 or by end of 2023...I've forgotten as we sit at 0.19c.

Not everyone on this forum is that gullible.

A few comments shared by an anonymous poster on a public forum....if the cap fits, well then, wear it.

Footnote: The company staff are all extremely busy, positive and upbeat about the direction we are ALL heading in, AKD 2.0 is still on
schedule or more to the point, news as I stated would more than likely appear in the last few (business) days of September.

Tony can only pass on information that the company has approved, nothing is or should be his personal opinion on the current state of affairs,
he is a loyal servant to us all, please be respectful when emailing him or phoning.

Siemens Healthcare is worth digging into, for the great detectives out there in my opinion.

God bless.....Tech 😇
TECH this kind of post is just unnecessary and unwarranted. We should be all better than this. I realize that it is a stressful time but lets just breathe and regain a perspective on life. It's short, do your best and don't sweat the small stuff.

• Fire
Reactions: 40 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Perhaps

Regular
Hard times

2dollar.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Another like from RT

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Here's a must read article IMO from 30 June 2023, which talks about reaching a tipping point where neuromorphic computing concepts may change computing for good. The article contains statements from Marcus Kennedy (GM for Gaming at Intel).

Check out what he had to say just a few months ago below!

So, on the one hand we have Intel admitting they haven't cracked the nut and then we have us on the other hand knowing that WE are the mother of all nut-crackers!

View attachment 45133

View attachment 45132

View attachment 45130

Following on from the above...

I wonder why Rob Telson "likes" this one with Sally Ward-Foxton reviewing INTEL's neuromorphic computing???? All I can hope is that it has something to do with us and Intel doing some sort of nut-cracking business together!

Also see:

Screen Shot 2023-09-22 at 10.54.34 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-22 at 10.51.45 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 22 users

TheDon

Regular
I'm my opinion. Why hold if your losing lots of money? A smart investor would cut its losses by a certain percentage and move on.if you believe in this company you'll wait and see what's ahead and in my opinion the future is very bright especially for those who buy the dip. When the time comes and it will come I can say I made the right decision. And all the true believers are welcome to my BRN party but only if you can sing atleast one song in karaoke 🎤 😅 😉 😜 😄.

TheDon

• Fire
  • Love

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
Screenshot_20230922-225825_LinkedIn.jpg

Screenshot_20230922-230254_LinkedIn.jpg

Adam, Raul and Rob LIKED it???!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
I think everybody knows not to hold their breath when someone announces something here, like your departure from this forum for the second time (lol).

Bit rich of you saying it.

Remember that time you departed from one of the Twitter groups because you couldn't take a criticism and a week later was pleading everyone to let you back in?
So did your friend Slade.
Good times.

• Haha
  • Fire

Cartagena

Regular
Hi SiD,

The term you used was "highly speculative". You've now tactically withdrawn to the more defensible "speculative" position.

Certainly dot-joining is speculation, but we have substantial links as well.

The technology is proven, so it is not speculative, so I guess the speculation is about whether there is a market which BRN can exploit profitably.

We have take-off orders from Renesas, MegaChips and VVDN. All that is speculative here is the tons of production and price per kg of Akida.

We know that Akida 1 blew the socks of a number of EAPs (Mercedes, Prophesee, nViso, ...), and that we have a sweet spot for lidar (Valeo). Whether or not they bite is, to different degrees, speculative, but is there anything better on the horizon?

We know that some EAPs have postponed final assessment, not because Akida 1 was a dud, but because Akida 2 with TeNNs and ViT is remarkably better. If Akida 1 had not passed muster or been shown to be hot air, would they have wasted their time assessing Akida 2? (Rhetorical rather than speculation).

We also know that for some potential applications some customers have found that existing solutions are "good enuf" for present purposes. In time, some of them may come to recognize what additional benefits Akida opens up for them (Small "s" speculation).

As to financial attractiveness, we have seen the Nvidia/Akida price/performance comparison. Nvidia may win a few on brand recognition, but ...

... and let's not forget that the lead time can be up to 4 years before a product hits the market .

I do not classify BRN as speculative, much less highly speculative, so I guess my speculatometer has a higher threshold than yours.

I'm sure we can agree to disagree at the $2 party early next year.

Great post Dio.

Here is a clip I found with Nandan, a very polished presentation.
With Nandan Nayampally – CMO of BrainChip – he discussed neuromorphic computing, how it works and possible applications.
And with Neb Matic – CEO of MikroElektronika – they considered remote embedded development, working on a board via live streaming.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users
Top Bottom