BRN Discussion Ongoing

rgupta

Regular
So how does this work for the people lending the shares to manipulative shorters?

You lend a bundle of shares at, eg, 50 cents or more, with X cents premium fee.

The manipulative shorter sells most of the shares for 50c+, keeping a reserve to manipulate the SP down.

The manipulative shorter buys for 20c and pockets the difference less the Xc fee (>=30-X cents profit).

The manipulative shorter returns the shares to the lender.

The lender gets shares worth 20c, making a loss of >= (50 - 20) reduced by the fee of X cents.

Why would you do that, knowing that the manipulative shorters will use some of the shares you lent to manipulate the SP?

It looks like the manipulative shorters are robbing the lender and the share holders.

But suppose the manipulative shorters had a covert relationship with the lenders ...?

Or suppose the lender did not own the shares personally but managed them for someone else ...?

Can you say "shorting is beneficial" with a straight face?

I wish I could find a skit where Clarke & Dawe explain shorting.
So des it mean Australian super and IG market can loan my shares to a shorter without my permission and make money on my investment without a cost them and 100% profit to them. To me it is wrong but that is how big businesses make money without any risk.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Cardpro

Regular
Far out... new low... I don't think we've been this low for years... of course asx doesn't issue speeding ticket when we free fall...

• Sad
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Big call unless you can see for sure what’s happening behind the closed NDA doors! Know something or just grumpy that you can’t retire yet off the back of your investment in a highly speculative stock?
Hi Sid,

I don't see BRN as highly speculative. If you look at it in JORC terms, its prospects would be better understood:
BRN needs to release information in JORC format for the ASX punters to be able to understand it.

ARM - highly prospective joint development - diamond drill results: numerous high grade strikes open at depth and on N-S and E-W laterals.

Valeo - long established boutique joint development - possible offtake agreement by Q1 24

Renesas - offtake agreement signed - established refining plant being adapted for production CY23.

MegaChips - offtake agreement signed - specialized production plant adaptations designed - production in offing.

Prophesee - boutique JD - assay results 100% gold

VVDN - expedited JD announcement - production "imminent"

TATA Elxsi - recent JD with several high grade veins.

Mercedes - prestige customer with compelling use case

NASA - prestige customer with compelling use case

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 109 users

Sam

Nothing changes if nothing changes
Reactions: 1 users

rgupta

Regular
Crazy as hell. But still management have no clue. Shorters played there game and escape and we holders keep on talking.
One of the worst you can see, sometimes I question management capabilities and honesty with in myself.
Dyor

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230922-160547.png
    Screenshot_20230922-160547.png
    252.3 KB · Views: 99
  • Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

perceptron

Regular
Looking forward to the final specifications of the akida ai edge box. As our CEO stated, it will be a game changer. Inspecting the other ai edge boxes offered by vvdn, I am sure the power the consumption of akida will be much less.

• Fire

SiDEvans

Regular
Hi Sid,

I don't see BRN as highly speculative. If you look at it in JORC terms, its prospects would be better understood:
BRN needs to release information in JORC format for the ASX punters to be able to understand it.

ARM - highly prospective joint development - diamond drill results: numerous high grade strikes open at depth and on N-S and E-W laterals.

Valeo - long established boutique joint development - possible offtake agreement by Q1 24

Renesas - offtake agreement signed - established refining plant being adapted for production CY23.

MegaChips - offtake agreement signed - specialized production plant adaptations designed - production in offing.

Prophesee - boutique JD - assay results 100% gold

VVDN - expedited JD announcement - production "imminent"

TATA Elxsi - recent JD with several high grade veins.

Mercedes - prestige customer with compelling use case

NASA - prestige customer with compelling use case

It is speculative. The speculation is derisked by all the things you have listed above but its speculative non the less. Will be until we see some commercial traction front and centre rather than behind closed doors. I believe (or speculate) this will happen.

Reactions: 8 users
This is great I couldn't be happier.
Bliss bliss floss hopefully it stays this great for the rest of the year. Followed by another 7 years of being range bound at these current prices.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

DK6161

Regular
Wow! What an interesting week.
Looking forward to another 30% drop next week to close out the month.
Anyone keen to organise a 10 cent piss up? Have been bottling my tears all week. Will have to drink that because I am sure am broke AF to but a drink!
Thanks all 👍

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

KKFoo

Regular
Looking forward to the final specifications of the akida ai edge box. As our CEO stated, it will be a game changer. Inspecting the other ai edge boxes offered by vvdn, I am sure the power the consumption of akida will be much less.
I tried to look for the selling prices of VVDN edge AI box using AMD Xilinx, Qualcomm QCS610 and Nvidia Xavier but cannot find the unit price anywhere. Anybody has any idea where to look? I thought they are already available for sale..

Reactions: 1 users
I tried to look for the selling prices of VVDN edge AI box using AMD Xilinx, Qualcomm QCS610 and Nvidia Xavier but cannot find the unit price anywhere. Anybody has any idea where to look? I thought they are already available for sale..
Available later this year
Screenshot_20230922-160618-214.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users
S

Straw

From the media release:
'The Edge box will be available for presale from BrainChip and VVDN later this year.'

Reactions: 8 users
S

Straw

Can I ask respectfully why you thought they were already available for sale?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I think someone here mentioned it was already for sale and a few just ran with that.🤯

Reactions: 3 users

Gemmax

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 2 users
Let's enjoy the weekend and start praying from Monday on that they'll release the second gen in time.
Obviously, it won't have any effect on the share price in the short term, but I remain faithful, when released, that the tech is too good to fail.
Input from these companies listed online in the development process will be the main driver from having a product superior in a theoretical point of view into an actual superior product for real life applications.
Have a good weekend, guys and gals.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Available later this year View attachment 45238
I assume KKFoo is talking about the other edge boxes (AMD Xilinx, Qualcomm QCS610 and Nvidia Xavier) that is already (?) for sale via VVDN?

I was just talking about this to another shareholder. If we know what prices these are going for, and how many VVDN is selling per year then we have a ballpark figure of what to expect?

It's a good question, I checked VVDN s website yesterday and some of their partners too, but apart from accounting numbers, no actual sales figures that I could see.

• Love
  • Fire

VVDN already have Nvidia Jetson AI boxes available:

and this is the closest I could find for something showing a price.....

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Diogenese

Top 20
It is speculative. The speculation is derisked by all the things you have listed above but its speculative non the less. Will be until we see some commercial traction front and centre rather than behind closed doors. I believe (or speculate) this will happen.
Hi SiD,

I usually try to avoid semantic discussions, but I think this is an important discussion to have.

The term you used was "highly speculative". You've now tactically withdrawn to the more defensible "speculative" position.

Certainly dot-joining is speculation, but we have substantial links as well.

The technology is proven, so it is not speculative, so I guess the speculation is about whether there is a market which BRN can exploit profitably.

We have take-off orders from Renesas, MegaChips and VVDN. All that is speculative here is the tons of production and price per kg of Akida.

We know that Akida 1 blew the socks of a number of EAPs (Mercedes, Prophesee, nViso, ...), and that we have a sweet spot for lidar (Valeo). Whether or not they bite is, to different degrees, speculative, but is there anything better on the horizon?

We know that some EAPs have postponed final assessment, not because Akida 1 was a dud, but because Akida 2 with TeNNs and ViT is remarkably better. If Akida 1 had not passed muster or been shown to be hot air, would they have wasted their time assessing Akida 2? (Rhetorical rather than speculation).

We also know that for some potential applications some customers have found that existing solutions are "good enuf" for present purposes. In time, some of them may come to recognize what additional benefits Akida opens up for them (Small "s" speculation).

As to financial attractiveness, we have seen the Nvidia/Akida price/performance comparison. Nvidia may win a few on brand recognition, but ...

... and let's not forget that the lead time can be up to 4 years before a product hits the market .

I do not classify BRN as speculative, much less highly speculative, so I guess my speculatometer has a higher threshold than yours.

I'm sure we can agree to disagree at the $2 party early next year.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 106 users

Mccabe84

Regular
Surely they wouldn’t put that much into marketing 2.0 if none of these companies weren’t going to use it and it was a flop. My only concern/doubt is why the former head of WW sales left.. I think 2.0 will be announced on Friday to cover another bad 4C.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom