BRN Discussion Ongoing

Cartagena

Regular
Another like from RT

Welcome back to AI with Sally!

In this episode, I’ll be talking with Dylan Muir from neuromorphic processor company SynSense about their latest design win – a toy robot – and the technology’s synergies with dynamic vision sensors and why this type of camera hasn’t seen better commercial adoption just yet.

You can hear that interview with Dylan Muir later in this episode.

But first… some news.

SALLY WARD-FOXTON

I travelled to Germany for Embedded World a few weeks ago, and I had a blast.

I got a sneak preview of STMicro’s new microcontroller with its in-house developed AI accelerator on chip – the STM32N6. The demo was running a custom version of YOLO at 314 frames per second, which is 1-2 orders of magnitude faster than the next biggest microcontroller alone. I also got to see the first AI demo on an Arm Cortex-M85 on the Renesas booth – the M85 is Arm’s brand new Cortex-M core with vector extensions for machine learning. I also stopped by to see Pete Warden, CEO of Useful Sensors, who told me the company has open-sourced a TensorFlow Lite version of the OpenAI model Whisper for speech recognition, and that the company is working on a QR code sensor with a speech processing sensor on its roadmap.

To read about all the cool things I saw at Embedded World, pop over to eetimes.com where I’ve put a link to the article on the podcast page.

SALLY WARD-FOXTON

We also saw the latest round of MLPerf inference scores this month, with two chip startups claiming they can beat the market leader Nvidia – albeit both in specific benchmarks, and both on power efficiency.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Cartagena

Regular
From LinkedIn.
Hope this date correlates with the Akida Gen II release, Weds 27th September only 2 business days away.

https://www.linkedin.com/company/br...k=feed-detail_main-feed-card_feed-actor-image
View organization page for BrainChip
BrainChip
10,978 followers
2d

Edge Impulse Imagine is almost here - Brainchip VP Rob Telson and team will demonstrate how Brainchip’s Akida™ and Edge Impulse’s #AI Platform work together. We hope to see you at our booth! Register here: https://lnkd.in/gFTDrUAR #EdgeAI #AIoT #neuromorphic #imagine2023
Edge Impulse Imagine — September 27, 2023

Edge Impulse Imagine — September 27, 2023

https://brainchip.com

592 Comments
CommentShare
  • Sally Atkinson
    Sally Atkinson
    Director of Channels and Partner Management at Edge Impulse
    2d

We always appreciate BrainChip's support! Looking forward to a great event and the opportunity to showcase the value of Akida + Edge Impulse
    2 Reactions
  • John Alvarez
    John Alvarez
    CEO at ZeroBot.ai
    2d

Great - we look forward to seeing you there to learn more about the exciting combination of Brainchip’s Akida and Edge Impulse’s AI Platform!
    4 Reactions

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 28 users

Damo4

Regular

Kachoo

Regular
I tried to look for the selling prices of VVDN edge AI box using AMD Xilinx, Qualcomm QCS610 and Nvidia Xavier but cannot find the unit price anywhere. Anybody has any idea where to look? I thought they are already available for sale..
I would email company and ask them what are the prices for both which one would be better suited for the fake application you want to do so they can give you a pricing and product specifications and performance ask which o ne customers are happy with ? And then say should I wait for the Neuromorphic one? Would it be cheaper or more expensive!

Reactions: 3 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Ah, but 4DS's star is rising. It is up 450% this financial year (3 cents to 16.5). You win some, you lose some.

But Brainchip's time will come ... hopefully soon enough to stop some of the bickering that's going on here at the moment. Settle petals! All those who want a more respectful forum please raise your hands.
🫰👌👍

Learning 🪴

Reactions: 6 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

Screenshot_20230923_072902_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Last edited:
  • Fire

Baisyet

Regular
No wonder the company doesn't reply to your email/s as much anymore, making false statements about what someone said or that you assumed that they implied, trying to belittle people if they don't always go along with your rhetoric, resorting to nasty name calling really exposes the inner personality that only close family members would have witnessed on a daily basis.

Not all posters have fallen under your self-righteous, opinionated, my way or the highway views approach.

$2.75 by end of 2022 or by end of 2023...I've forgotten as we sit at 0.19c.

Not everyone on this forum is that gullible.

A few comments shared by an anonymous poster on a public forum....if the cap fits, well then, wear it.

Footnote: The company staff are all extremely busy, positive and upbeat about the direction we are ALL heading in, AKD 2.0 is still on
schedule or more to the point, news as I stated would more than likely appear in the last few (business) days of September.

Tony can only pass on information that the company has approved, nothing is or should be his personal opinion on the current state of affairs,
he is a loyal servant to us all, please be respectful when emailing him or phoning.

Siemens Healthcare is worth digging into, for the great detectives out there in my opinion.

God bless.....Tech 😇
Hey Tech I dont know what do you mean. I have or we have invested our hard earned money in the company and supporting them. At least for me i have invested for almost 6 yrs. I am not sending email asking why share price has gone down...... If I have invested heavily then i feel my email should be acknowledge as it used to be cheers.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Welcome back to AI with Sally!

In this episode, I’ll be talking with Dylan Muir from neuromorphic processor company SynSense about their latest design win – a toy robot – and the technology’s synergies with dynamic vision sensors and why this type of camera hasn’t seen better commercial adoption just yet.

You can hear that interview with Dylan Muir later in this episode.

But first… some news.

SALLY WARD-FOXTON

I travelled to Germany for Embedded World a few weeks ago, and I had a blast.

I got a sneak preview of STMicro’s new microcontroller with its in-house developed AI accelerator on chip – the STM32N6. The demo was running a custom version of YOLO at 314 frames per second, which is 1-2 orders of magnitude faster than the next biggest microcontroller alone. I also got to see the first AI demo on an Arm Cortex-M85 on the Renesas booth – the M85 is Arm’s brand new Cortex-M core with vector extensions for machine learning. I also stopped by to see Pete Warden, CEO of Useful Sensors, who told me the company has open-sourced a TensorFlow Lite version of the OpenAI model Whisper for speech recognition, and that the company is working on a QR code sensor with a speech processing sensor on its roadmap.

To read about all the cool things I saw at Embedded World, pop over to eetimes.com where I’ve put a link to the article on the podcast page.

SALLY WARD-FOXTON

We also saw the latest round of MLPerf inference scores this month, with two chip startups claiming they can beat the market leader Nvidia – albeit both in specific benchmarks, and both on power efficiency.
"I also got to see the first AI demo on an Arm Cortex-M85 on the Renesas booth – the M85 is Arm’s brand new Cortex-M core with vector extensions for machine learning"

She's talking about Brainchip, right?

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Xray1

Regular
Almost into ~2 hours of trading and some 38 million BRN shares have been traded thus far ...........
So at the close of trade yesterday ... total share trading volume was ~ 55 Million shares.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Possible we are in the new "jetson orin" imo dyor (pure speculation)

These use cases have been outlined by the company on multiple occasions.

Nvidia are a massive customer of Megachips

we are already known to be working with many levels of government.........

Screenshot_20230923_084645_LinkedIn.jpg

• Thinking
  • Fire
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
Possible we are in the new "jetson orin" imo dyor (pure speculation)

These use cases have been outlined by the company on multiple occasions.

Nvidia are a massive customer of Megachips

we are already known to be working with many levels of government.........

View attachment 45299
Why would NVIDIA use Akida if they have their own edge ai system?

Reactions: 5 users

jtardif999

Regular
Yes the management has changed some timelines, but mostly because I think they are being honest.
I think they have always said that everything depends on signed contracts and revenue.
The chips were always there to prove the point that the IP works so go make your own chip.
They have acknowledged that this has been a step too hard for most manufacturers. Certainly it looks like a mistake to rely on just Renesas and MegaChips. In any other industry you wouldn't charge these companies, rather you would share profit with them if the on-sold Akida. So it looks like our sales team have been over-confident. Mostly to get traction you need to give away free samples, free introductory offers etc.
To be frank, buying a $40,000 NVDIA chip is cheaper than spending $4000000 designing a chip with Akida inside.
Renesas taped out a chip with Akida nodes last December so their production and sale can’t be far off; there’s a possible follow up with the development of an MCU containing Akida2 and ARM Cortex M85 - proven compatibility, (possibly soon we might get a new IP licence associated with that MCU).
Megachips paid BrainChip more than $4m in licence fees last year for products that use Akida that they are developing. A mistake to rely on these companies when in the long run they could be company making relationships for BrainChip? To me profit sharing with them would have been a mistake and in the case of Megachips wouldn’t make sense at all since they sub licence to design and implement chips/products using Akida. AIMO DYOR.

• Fire
  • Love

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Ah, but 4DS's star is rising. It is up 450% this financial year (3 cents to 16.5). You win some, you lose some.

But Brainchip's time will come ... hopefully soon enough to stop some of the bickering that's going on here at the moment. Settle petals! All those who want a more respectful forum please raise your hands.
🙌🙌🙌🙌🙏:love:

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

TECH

Regular

The United States Department of Energy issued the contract, whether this relates to us I'm not qualified enough to comment, but maybe
DIO would be able to comment as to whether they used AKD I within their invention or not in his educated opinion, thanks in advance.

Regards....Tech (y)

• Fire

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Another former ARM employee..........?

Screenshot_20230923_095739_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 52 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

For example, companies like Axelera bring to market various form factors for quick customer onboarding. Brainchip, Neuton.AI and previously Pilot.AI (now Syntiant) are evangelizing IP and software into the more traditional microprocessor suppliers and enable extremely efficient small-footprint, intelligent wearable or even implantable devices, which traditional offerings don’t support. I’m also seeing companies that design vertical solutions combining both hardware and software for a total solution, like Syntiant

Screenshot_20230923_100814_LinkedIn.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users
Top Bottom