Top 20
Screenshot_20230921_194156_LinkedIn.jpg
Screenshot_20230921_194144_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

JDelekto

Regular
This links to a Qualcomm site, just to give an idea what the use cases for an Edgebox are:

Seems to be more than just another Devkit and as such could have an financial impact.
Hard to say if this qualifies for an Ann, but at first sight it looks like price sensitive.
The Edge boxes are like "mini-PCs" that provide compute services in a small form factor, usually using processors specifically designed for lower power consumption, like those in laptop PCs. These boxes, however, are specialized to perform AI functionality. Mini-PCs have been used in corporate conference rooms running camera and voice conferences, as well as those running home entertainment systems.

The Raspberry Pi BrainChip offered was provided as a platform to evaluate, develop, and test Akida's technology. While hardware hackers and hobbyists could use it for their projects, it was not intended as a consumer retail item. The offering through VVDN is a product for a specific market, and one such example could be for home automation (like controlling lights, alarms, and smart-cooling systems.) They could also be used in security centers monitoring video feeds, but there are many other uses.

I think it's important to note that this is a vehicle to sell a product in a relevant market using BrainChip's IP while BrainChip is still in the business of selling commercial IP. I've recently read the Motley Fool article where they speculate that the market is spooked by Intel's announcement of their new "Meteor Lake" processor that will contain an NPU allowing users to run apps like Stable Diffusion and ChatGPT (most likely using the Llama engine). This can technically be done now with PCs running a decent Nvidia desktop or mobile processor.

Intel has had a "Compute Stick" product, a USB device that uses their Movidius processing VPU, deep learning hardware designed for processing video. Additionally, others have used this processor in a PCIe form factor. Intel has probably now leveraged some of its neural network hardware as a module in its processors, making it an "all-in-one" package specifically designed for mobile and Edge devices (like Edge boxes).

Let's not forget BrainChip's business model and mantra: licensing IP and making sensors smart. BrainChip's goal is to provide AI processing for event-driven sensors that process different types of input on a broad spectrum. This is an entirely different market than Edge PCs or laptop processors. Smart sensors, like our digital smartphones, have a much more prolific base, and just as Qualcomm penetrated several industries with its low-power processors, I believe that BrainChip can do the same with its neuromorphic capabilities.

That their technology can be used in an Edge box and compete with other giants like Nvidia and Intel only shows its adaptability from its intended target market.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 65 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Welcome and great find, over to you @Diogenese

Regarding hand gesture I think it would be time for Nintendo and megachips to bring back the power glove. Pretty cool to see what this individual has done with mario kart and home circuit. Can start from 8:38

Evening Equanimous ,

I do like the glove & also the robotic ✋️.

Thinking every Boardroom should have one of these fitted next to each director.

In their contracts ..
1, Each shareholder annually gets control of said hand for 2 seconds , for each share thay hold.
2, Directors & Management must be seated at such table atleast 3 times per week for atleast 5 hours per sitting.
3, And the free dental & medical cover included in their contracts shall be removed.
4, The hand shall be programed to ither pat their head or a slap.

Can see such a device going global.

Australians invented the Black Box , which is compulsory fitted to commercial aircraft.

Regards,
Esq.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Deena

Regular
Hi Deena,

I am wondering what your thoughts are re: the adoption of Gen 2 Akida..

Are you expecting any new IP licensees this year?

What’s your view on performance of management? And how do you measure that?

If positive, would you be expecting early adopting partners like Valeo, Socionext, Ford, Vorago, Renesas to be producing revenue with Gen 2 by the next AGM?

I’m asking because as we stand, it is difficult to quantify for most retail shareholders based on revenue and number of Licencees of Akida, whether the last 12-18 months performance by management could be considered a success or not..

And based on voting at the last two AGMs, it seems shareholders are growing impatient with our Founder and not unanimously accepting of the remuneration report last year.. There seems to be negative consequences of keeping the status quo if so by the next AGM..

So I’m wondering what gives you confidence that I and others have been unable to sustain? Because the only thing I can really come up with is that you know more than most retail shareholders..

The caveat on that if it were true, having known some people on boards of companies myself, I’m of the opinion that “knowing more” rarely translates to successful outcomes with investing..

Therefore I’m curious as to your research and potential connections giving you more conviction, or have you fallen ill of believing a narrative that to others seems to have too many contrarian red flags to become an eventual success..

I’m just an anonymous poster with an opinion on a chat forum…
Hi Schnitzel lover
I considered answering your post in detail and even numbered up your 10 paragraphs with that in mind, but I have decided to tackle this in another way.

Firstly regarding your 7th paragraph. I do not have any special contacts within Brainchip but I do benefit from a lot of the very talented and well qualified people on this forum (which I have been in from the first days of it starting up). I really admired the way Fact Finder consistently stripped the facts from the BS. It must be great to have such a brilliant legal and analytical mind.

I do do a lot of research myself in numerous places. For instance I first found out about Brainchip while reading the annual report of Metals X Limited and wondered why they held over 12 million Brainchip shares. Oh, and I was at the last AGM in Sydney.

Like Fact Finder I like to strip the truth from the BS. There is a lot of smoke blowing around on this and other forums, and some people seem very adept at blowing smoke up other peoples asses. One may say that I have taken a lot of the factual information on board and retained it. Doing this enables one to smell BS at a distance.

Having said that, then it is clear that all the observations that I make are available to each and every one of us, as is the information to see what clearly is or isn't true. So although I have opinions on most of the questions you have asked I will respectfully decline from going into details. After all they are only opinions based on the same information that is available to everyone.

Sorry for not giving specific answers to your carefully crafted questions. But you are obviously a thoughtful person. You may do yourself and other forum members a favour by tackling some of the relevant questions yourself.
Cheers, Deena

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi,

First time poster.

Noticed a Japanese patent the other week for an 'interconnection control circuit' utilising SNN’s.

https://patents.google.com/patent/JP7323968B1/

Applicant is MavissDesign Co.,Ltd

https://maviss-design.com/

You must visit their Japanese domestic page and utilise your translation function since their English-language page is not current.

View attachment 45157

View attachment 45158

View attachment 45159

View attachment 45160

Where did they get the SNN IP? Under the company history tab, I found:

View attachment 45161

From Renesas Japanese page (translated):

View attachment 45162

I can't establish a connection between Mavis and Intel or IBM, so it appears unlikely that they are utilising Loihi or TrueNorth.

If it is Brainchip, they've gone from getting access to the IP, product development, obtaining patents and trademarks, and nearing market readiness in under two years.

I would also like to delve into the number of other entities designated as "certified Renesas IP license partners" and understand the nature of their arrangements.

Hi AI Inquirer,

Unfortunately the ogre has been superannuated, otherwise you would have earned your first visitation:

While my Japanese is not good and the drawings are in japanese, the system seems to incorporate some form of backpropagation. Akida does not use backpropagation.

[0014] In order to achieve the above objects, a first feature of an interconnection control circuit according to the present invention is an interconnection control circuit for transferring error information from a neuron in a subsequent layer to a neuron in a preceding layer, wherein the neuron in the preceding layer a first holding circuit having several memories and storing the error information input from the post-layer neurons in association with first addresses indicating read addresses of the memories corresponding to the number of the preceding-layer neurons; A second holding circuit having a memory corresponding to the number of neurons in the rear layer and storing error information to be output to the neurons in the front layer in association with a second address indicating a write address of the memory corresponding to the number of neurons in the rear layer. and reading the error information from each memory of the first holding circuit by shifting the first address at each predetermined control cycle, and shifting the second address to read the read error information. and a transfer circuit that rearranges and writes to each of the memories of the second holding circuit.

[0015] A second feature of the interconnection control circuit according to the present invention is that the memory of the first holding circuit is divided into regions so that data corresponding to the number of neurons in the latter layer can be stored, and the memory of the second holding circuit is Each memory is divided into areas so as to store data corresponding to the number of neurons in the preceding layer, and the transfer circuit stores the read error information in the area at the same position in each memory of the first holding circuit. It is characterized in that the stored data are rearranged so as to be stored in the same memory of the second holding circuit

Akida is largely asynchronous. The clock signal, first row in Figure 4 is used to time synchronous operations.

1695295400677.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users
Hi Schnitzel lover
I considered answering your post in detail and even numbered up your 10 paragraphs with that in mind, but I have decided to tackle this in another way.

Firstly regarding your 7th paragraph. I do not have any special contacts within Brainchip but I do benefit from a lot of the very talented and well qualified people on this forum (which I have been in from the first days of it starting up). I really admired the way Fact Finder consistently stripped the facts from the BS. It must be great to have such a brilliant legal and analytical mind.

I do do a lot of research myself in numerous places. For instance I first found out about Brainchip while reading the annual report of Metals X Limited and wondered why they held over 12 million Brainchip shares. Oh, and I was at the last AGM in Sydney.

Like Fact Finder I like to strip the truth from the BS. There is a lot of smoke blowing around on this and other forums, and some people seem very adept at blowing smoke up other peoples asses. One may say that I have taken a lot of the factual information on board and retained it. Doing this enables one to smell BS at a distance.

Having said that, then it is clear that all the observations that I make are available to each and every one of us, as is the information to see what clearly is or isn't true. So although I have opinions on most of the questions you have asked I will respectfully decline from going into details. After all they are only opinions based on the same information that is available to everyone.

Sorry for not giving specific answers to your carefully crafted questions. But you are obviously a thoughtful person. You may do yourself and other forum members a favour by tackling some of the relevant questions yourself.
Cheers, Deena
Cheers Deena,

Great and considered response.

It is true that nothing of significance was ever achieved without a significant amount of detraction, opposition and overwhelming evidence to the contrary at various stages.

I sincerely hope things work out well for your investment in BRN.

SL

Reactions: 7 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
Maybe just now it’s immaterial but VVDN are producing a product with Akida inside by the end of this year - so there will have to be a price sensitive announcement around an associated IP deal between now and then. Our first product wow 🤩
I wonder if there might be an Ip deal once Akida 2.0 is released ? I agree that there has to be an IP deal if they are using Akida in their product, if not then I am very confused as to how they are supposed to make money lol

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

FJ-215

Regular
Hi Dio,

Yep, a partnership.

Looks like we are recanting on the "IP only" model with this arrangement and I must say I like it. I subscribe to Bloomberg and an Ad for one of their TV shows (Bloomberg Crypto) keeps popping up with the sound bite....

"Stop talking about the technology and start demonstrating the utility"

Well, if our EAP customers want to hide behind NDA's and not disclose that they are using neuromorphic tech, how will the world ever hear about Brainchip. Happy to see us put a product out even if it is in a small niche market. Can't imagine there will be much in the way of revenue but that to my mind is not what this is about.

Our EAP Customers are lollygagging and we need some recognition.

If you want a job done, do it yourself...

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 23 users

Perhaps

Regular
Yes, and the partnerships don't work directly with IP deals. There are two ways.
1.) The partnership offers a market-ready product to OEMs. The OEM who puts it into production has to licence the IP and pay royalties.
2.) The partnership brings a product to the market like VVDN. In this case Brainchip gets a percentage of the sales revenue flow.
It was reported several times there are different business models running. The pure IP deal (intellectual property, imagine you buy a construction plan) is only possible for the real big players able to work with silicon design from the scratch or silicon designers themselves like MegaChips.
There shouldn't be that fixation on IP deals, it's only a part of the game.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 40 users

FJ-215

Regular
Yes, and the partnerships don't work directly with IP deals. There are two ways.
1.) The partnership offers a market-ready product to OEMs. The OEM who puts it into production has to licence the IP and pay royalties.
2.) The partnership brings a product to the market like VVDN. In this case Brainchip gets a percentuage of the sales.
It was reported several times there are different business models running. The pure IP deal is only possible for the real big players able to work with silicon design from the scratch or silicon designers themselves like MegaChips.
Hi Perhaps,

IP sales are fantastic from a profit margin point of view. Can't hurt to sell our own product for a while as we wait for market traction.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Perhaps

Regular
Hi Perhaps,

IP sales are fantastic from a profit margin point of view. Can't hurt to sell our own product for a while as we wait for market traction.
It's just about the misleading idea the partners will licence the IP.
Just an example: Nviso develops solutions, but they don't sell the products. The solution is offered to customers of Nviso. When the customer decides to go into production, the IP comes into play, not before. So it's possible a Nviso customer like Siemens Healthineers licence the IP, but not Nviso as the partner inbetween.

• Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

Glen

Regular
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
2.) The partnership brings a product to the market like VVDN. In this case Brainchip gets a percentuage of the sales.
It was reported several times there are different business models running. The pure IP deal is only possible for the real big players able to work with silicon design from the scratch or silicon designers themselves like MegaChips.
But but but some on here would have you believe that partnerships are meaningless

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Perhaps

Regular
But but but some on here would have you believe that partnerships are meaningless
Meaningless? Would call it substantial. Each little development partner can stand for big deals, but not tomorow.
The customers of the partners are the possible IP licencees, always worth a look, shows the importance of those partnerships.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

manny100

Regular
AI via the cloud is a separate and distinct market from AI at the Edge. Sean at Investor presentations last April said that the 2 complement each other in that some data is more suited to the Cloud and other to the Edge.
NVIDA, ARM, Intel and AMD for example operate from the cloud. Sean said he does not see cloud operators as competitors
The clear advantage that the Edge has over the cloud is cost, latency and privacy. For many a clear choice will be the Edge. In this way it would be expected that AI at the Edge will take the Lions share of the huge AI growth expected in coming years.
AI at the Edge is just a natural progression forward. Its is not going away.⅔
I have been accumulating for patent value. If what Sean says comes true - BRN aims to be one of the 2 or 3 global leaders in 10 years then its just a bonus. From my point of view anyway.
Right now just waiting for demand to kick in and start growing like a rolling snow ball.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

charles2

Regular
BRCHF

Big gap down. Greater than ten times normal volume. Biggest volume since Mercedes detonation. 1.12m shares

Closed at 13 cents (US)...a penny above the low.

We must be close......impossible for me to be wrong every time....True?

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

Kachoo

Regular
BRCHF

Big gap down. Greater than ten times normal volume. Biggest volume since Mercedes detonation. 1.12m shares

Closed at 13 cents (US)...a penny above the low.

We must be close......impossible for me to be wrong every time....True?

What's your agenda ? .13 USD is .20 AUD they are valued at the same price.

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom