BRN Discussion Ongoing

Trust we're still working with these guys and girls :unsure:

AFRL opens state-of-the-art Extreme Computing facility, announces $44 million in additional funding​

• Published Aug. 14, 2023
  • By Marc Denofio
  • Air Force Research Laboratory

The AFRL Extreme Computing facility is focused on basic research for national defense applications and is headlined by two laboratories for basic research in quantum computing, networking and security, and two neuromorphic computing laboratories for basic research in machine learning models approximating human neurocognition.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Cartagena

Regular
He left after one year, which means he is in fact the kind of guy to do that.
To sit here and theorise how little BRN has to offer, as reason for his departure is wild.
Keyeat is a numpty, we know that, but are you really buying into this?

Edit: Old mate is happy to hop around btw, looking after No.1

View attachment 44378

I agree with you on that one. Not exactly the type of executive we need. Loyalty is a quality that's rare these days. Hope they find someone who is a gun and can propel our sales into the stratosphere. Onwards and upwards. Red day is irritating but bought more today at the support.

Reactions: 11 users

Iseki

Regular
It was a nice try with Stevens. Meanwhile his ex-employer Syntiant has gone on to develop the RZ/V2L
chip with our mates Renesas. etc etc

It might have been a bit of Stevens remaining loyal to his old firm.

Onwards and upwards.

Reactions: 4 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
I agree with you on that one. Not exactly the type of executive we need. Loyalty is a quality that's rare these days. Hope they find someone who is a gun and can propel our sales into the stratosphere. Onwards and upwards. Red day is irritating but bought more today at the support.
Maybe just maybe.... there have been talks between BRN and one of our 'partners' that with his knowledge on what Akida is all about and the huge list of contacts he has within the tech industry he would be a big help liasing between 'us' and his new role with lets say Intel???

Just my ramblings from sunny Greece

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Xray1

Regular
Sorry to put a halt on "how your reading it " @MDhere

Received a reply from TD regarding CS, "and i quote "

[ CS accepted a offer from another tech company and served out his period of notice last week.
He is no longer employed by Brainchip but leaves us in the highest respect and we wish him well in his new role.
For the time being his former duties and responsibilities are being shared by the sales team and a search for a new Head of Sales has
already commenced.
Regards TD ]

Surely this is news enough for BRN to notify its shareholders, ................... was it?
Seems like we have to be on every social media platform to get any idea of whats going on.
As Sean H stated in the last AGM ....

"Sales: As I stood before you last year, just a few months into the role as CEO, I already had determined that radical changes needed to take place in our sales effort. Our processes needed vast improvement, our sales talent wasn’t appropriate for this market, and our coverage was limited geographically. Over the course of the year, I have brought on a new veteran sales leader, retooled, or replaced existing sales personnel and expanded our coverage to a much broader US presence and international coverage including Korea, Japan, and Europe."

With Chris S leaving so soon after his appointment only some 13 months ago and supposedly just before the release of Akida 2 imo makes one wonder if there is a whole lot more to the story.

I just hope that Chris S during his brief stay was able to bring some improvements and value to our Co.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users
Maybe just maybe.... there have been talks between BRN and one of our 'partners' that with his knowledge on what Akida is all about and the huge list of contacts he has within the tech industry he would be a big help liasing between 'us' and his new role with lets say Intel???

Just my ramblings from sunny Greece
Never know Buena.

But hey, if you just holidaying in sunny Greece, me thinks you not buying enough BRN....priorities :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Never know Buena.

But hey, if you just holidaying in sunny Greece, me thinks you not buying enough BRN....priorities :ROFLMAO:
You are correct Fmf.... should of cancelled the holiday and topped up on all things BRN ... what was I thinking :-/
Crazy low prices at the moment!!! IMO :)

Cheers

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Never know Buena.

Have no fear.
Undoubtedly he is over there infiltrating the University Democritus and jacking in to the good professors cyber protection algorithms.
Probably mixing it with Bond, James Bond, Lady Penelope and Snowdon while scoffing ouzo's and smashing crockery every night.
That about sum it up Mr Fortunate? 🤣

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

mrgds

Regular
Thebcurrwnt revenue coming let's say form Renesas, Megachips and Valeo. He would not likely be privy to any commission as these deals predated him.
So depending how his contract was laid out he may have had limited $$ coming in the short term and hence he is gone. Akida 2.0 revenue would likely be off to 2025 so maybe he would not want to wait around.

There could definately be more to the story the TD states but anyway let's get a new guy. Honestly how many deals did Chris land?
Maybe with regards to revenue, it was what A .Vierra was saying when in the last 4C he said "this is not acceptable " ..............🤷‍♂️

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Have no fear.
Undoubtedly he is over there infiltrating the University Democritus and jacking in to the good professors cyber protection algorithms.
Probably mixing it with Bond, James Bond, Lady Penelope and Snowdon while scoffing ouzo's and smashing crockery every night.
That about sum it up Mr Fortunate? 🤣
Love ya work Hoppy ....very funny...:ROFLMAO::love::ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Murphy

Life is not a dress rehearsal!
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Murphy

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
How you are avoiding the flooding in Greece, Buena! They have had a bollocking!! Stay safe.
Hey Murph... We have been lucky and missed the big floods in Skiathos!! We were there a few weeks back and now in Mykonos ..no rain here just very windy! so all good with us...Thanks for asking :)

Yamas

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
I see TDK are into neuromorphic as well :unsure:

From their Integrated Report 2023 release end of Aug.

Original HERE

For this purpose, we are researching a neuromorphic device that emulates the human brain and is characterized by having both memory and computation functions together.

At present computation takes place at a high speed and large capacity by taking data from the memory and returning it. Obviously, this requires a huge amount of energy.

The device that we are developing is an epoch-making technique that renders such read/write unnecessary, because we are trying to make a neural circuit, as a device, that can conduct memory and computation functions simultaneously.

Actually, we know that if a technology called magnetic tunnel junction (MTJ), which is used in magnetic heads, is applied in this device, we can reduce the amount of electricity consumed to about 1/300th of the present level.

I hope we can put this device on the market.

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users

Murphy

Hey Murph... We have been lucky and missed the big floods in Skiathos!! We were there a few weeks back and now in Mykonos ..no rain here just very windy! so all good with us...Thanks for asking :)

Yamas
👍

Dougie54

Regular
I think "sales"has always reported directly to Sean.
He told me at the AGM get-together that his day starts at 4am and every Monday is a sales meeting to track strategy and progress.
He struck me as a serious dude who knows how it's done and what it takes having cultivated the skillset himself.

Sales, for people that haven't actually done it, looks easy from the outside, and a good salesperson tends to make it seem so.
And, like most skills or talents, some have an innate gift and other's have to work at it.

But, when you're selling something new or an alternative to an existing and evolved "works good enuf" product, there is an inertia that takes time to counter. You have to "be there" long enough to prove you're not just another flash in the pan that will evaporate leaving your clients stuck with another Edzel.
You have to talk the talk and walk the walk and prove your product with existing users.
You won't win them all in the early days.
Many promising leads will wither on the vine after you have spent extensively in time and effort, and you'll find out later that even though you had the superior product, they, or the individual representing them, where bought off by their big pocketed existing supplier.
Often you were just being used as a bargaining chip in negotiations for a better deal.
It all happens, and you just have to keep getting back on the horse.
Eventually you'll establish mutually beneficial relationships with some new players not already enmeshed and some older hands who are either disillusioned or disenfranchised by the extant "big boys" behaviour and you'll be away.
But, like the science fiction writer searching for readers, it takes time.

We have a product that was perhaps slightly before its time, but the world is catching up rapidly now.
We are more and more in the news and the hype train around AI is continuing to grow.
The techies and engineers have been playing with us for a few years already and we are establishing ourselves as a player in numerous eco systems.
Steve's moved on. Good luck to him.
Sean has another year of data points of experience to overlay on a candidate who can "sell us" to prospective users.
Bring on the new salesperson whose success will be both Sean's, and ours.
Absolutely spot on,I have been a sales rep/sales manager,business owner selling several different products over my many years on the road.I can talk the talk with the best of them about a product or item that I am selling and you most definitely need a “gift” to be able to push a new product.Some have it Some don’t.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

mrgds

Regular
Steven Mark Ryan doing a run down on Tesla's FSD. Lots of talk on neural networks, can you guys/ladies let me know what you think?

Hi @Rach2512
Im sure you will agree SMR is a real character, love or hate him. (im hoping you have Tesla shares )

When i 1st saw the Tesla Version 12 drive by Elon, like many i was "gobsmacked "
The things the car "choose to do " were as many would say, "human like "

To be trained on "purely vision" and to learn as it goes, well im sure even the hairs on Bravos feet stood up !

Also, just 8mths ago Tesla changed their strategy completely, .............. WHY? so as one of my recent posts was headed ( pls read )
WHAT HAVE TESLA DISCOVERED?
So, made me very curious as to how they have been able to run the FSD @ 100watts, train the vehicles with one/few shot learning
and be able to do this all without internet connection.
Then Elons comment ................ "Done on Neural Nets, Nothing but Nets baby" ................. Im sure he meant Spiking NNs 🤞

I do realise that Tesla have been creating their own SOCs for some time, and this is coupled to their own super computer { DOJO }

BUT...................... Are they the .......................... NDA of all NDAs ????????????? :eek::eek::eek: 🤞🤞🤞🤞

F#*CK I HOPE SO !!!!!!!!

My pestering at Elon about BRN may have "not fallen on deaf ears " ........................;):cool:

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 44 users

Adam

Regular
I took the risk of buying more shares this morning. Shorts are starting to drop and 2.0 is due to be released soon 🤞
Same here. Bought 10k more shares this morning.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Frangipani

Regular
Weird how Qualcomm has the same partners as us.🥴

View attachment 44364

And even weirder how closely this Generative AI-rendered image in a Qualcomm ad (posted before, I just noticed) resembles our resident Qualcomm dot joining feline! 🤣

F5BE9F91-E041-4FFC-A96D-843D81D102FF.jpeg

F747CFAF-C635-4B93-A950-DB3BE1ABBFFA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I see TDK are into neuromorphic as well :unsure:

From their Integrated Report 2023 release end of Aug.

Original HERE

For this purpose, we are researching a neuromorphic device that emulates the human brain and is characterized by having both memory and computation functions together.

At present computation takes place at a high speed and large capacity by taking data from the memory and returning it. Obviously, this requires a huge amount of energy.

The device that we are developing is an epoch-making technique that renders such read/write unnecessary, because we are trying to make a neural circuit, as a device, that can conduct memory and computation functions simultaneously.

Actually, we know that if a technology called magnetic tunnel junction (MTJ), which is used in magnetic heads, is applied in this device, we can reduce the amount of electricity consumed to about 1/300th of the present level.

I hope we can put this device on the market.
Magnetic tunnel junction sounds analoggy.

• Thinking
Top Bottom