BRN Discussion Ongoing

Just going to put this out there....

How many are sitting on a pile of cash just waiting for a uptick in the share price?

I for 1 are just sitting waiting to see the manipulation stop so we can once again push to where Brainchip real valuation should be. I know it's a bargain ATM but with all that is going on and 133M of shorts, the big players surely want to make a pile of 💵 on the way down and also o the way up.
Something doesn't smell right, as far as the short position is concerned..

By all accounts (just my opinion) we should have been kicked out of the ASX 300 in the June rebalancing.
Someone had said (which sounded reasonable) that once you are in an index, you are in for 12 months, no matter what, to reduce volatility.

That explains us surviving at least 2 rebalances, but the June rebalance is a bit of a mystery to me..

Unless there were no other companies, that had progressed significantly in market cap and trading volume, at that time, to warrant inclusion?..

What would the effect have been, with such a large short position, on shorters who had to buy back shares, as funds and institutions needed them to sell, as they no longer needed them for index weighting?

Yes there would be selling pressure from the funds, but first buying pressure from the shorters..

If at a time of a turnaround in the Company's "progress" as measured by the market, it could be a real spectacle to watch..

52CCFDA2-A1C2-4E27-A9DA-67F7004F79CE.jpeg

Are they sleeping well at night and being cool cucumbers?

Who knows, but it's a dance I'd want to sit out..

Many tech companies, especially in the US, where they "should" be better understood, owe their magnificent market capitalisations, to the narrow mindedness of shorting entities.

Something to keep in mind, as we wallow in the current share price predicament.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 32 users

Diogenese

Top 20

By all accounts (just my opinion) we should have been kicked out of the ASX 300 in the June rebalancing.
Someone had said (which sounded reasonable) that once you are in an index, you are in for 12 months, no matter what, to reduce volatility.

That explains us surviving at least 2 rebalances, but the June rebalance is a bit of a mystery to me..

Unless there were no other companies, that had progressed significantly in market cap and trading volume, at that time, to warrant inclusion?..

What would the effect have been, with such a large short position, on shorters who had to buy back shares, as funds and institutions needed them to sell, as they no longer needed them for index weighting?

Yes there would be selling pressure from the funds, but first buying pressure from the shorters..

If at a time of a turnaround in the Company's "progress" as measured by the market, it could be a real spectacle to watch..

View attachment 41661

Many tech companies, especially in the US, where they "should" be better understood, owe their magnificent market capitalisations, to the narrow mindedness of shorting entities.

Yes. An economy which bases its prosperity on falling share prices has a limited life.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Kachoo

Regular

View attachment 41661

Hi DD,

I have a theory on this short and I doubt we will be kicked out of the Index because the whole cycle will work out and both sides long and short have won.

The shorts yes they sell shares but they are also buying in alternative accounts. Later on when the news us good you will just see a big block trade and all will be covered the institution will have made money loaning the shares plus they have also got a return of capital.

In the end look at it this way if I sold to you at 40 cents 1000 shares then you sold them to me at 39.5 cents then I sold them to you at 39 cents and so forth the only risks is at 40 cents really.

With very little interest in new money coming in its quite easy to drive the price down. The algorithm trades will churn out a positive return with out much interest. The long holding institutions know price will bounce back as the contracts will come they are privy to more up-to-date and accurate data then we are.

My view is that and it's not financial advise is to just buy more when I can and be wait.

If you look at what has been achieved to me it's only time.

One and a half years ago many WANCA's everywhere, today Neuromorphic is the buzz word.

I do believe we have turned the corner on the SP the shorters have pushed hard but in the 30's you do see value buyers buying up shares when they can in my opinion.

Cheers

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

stan9614

Regular

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230809_042104_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20230809_042104_X.jpg
    672.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 58 users

wilzy123

Founding Member

"All told I am very impressed with the BrainChip Akida neuromorphic processor. The performance of the networks implemented is very good, while the power used is also exceptionally low. These two parameters are critical parameters for embedded solutions deployed at the edge."

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 68 users

manny100

Regular

View attachment 41661

Top200 and 300 is not just based on current market cap. It's an average over a longer period of time.
Also liquidity is taken into account. BRN is certainly extremely liquid in terms of turnover. If we are below some companies in terms of market cap we may be included in the top 300 above them due to greater liquidity.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

IMG_9756.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Just going to put this out there....

How many are sitting on a pile of cash just waiting for a uptick in the share price?

I for 1 are just sitting waiting to see the manipulation stop so we can once again push to where Brainchip real valuation should be. I know it's a bargain ATM but with all that is going on and 133M of shorts, the big players surely want to make a pile of 💵 on the way down and also o the way up.
Screenshot_20230809_093910_Brave.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Slade

Top 20

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Good Morning Chippers,

Morning trade.. Someone just got their BUY order filled for 1,000,000 units @ $0.37

Wooo Hooo.... Another big wave rider ( retail holder ) hopefully.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 39 users

Damo4

Regular

Just a retweet of the already posted Benchmark

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 52 users

Foxdog

Regular
Great to see independent validation of AKIDA. Can't wait to see what industry participants and customers have to say about Gen2. Momentum is building imo.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
In conclusion, neuromorphic computing represents a significant technological advancement with the potential to revolutionize the telecommunications industry. By enhancing data processing capabilities, improving network efficiency, and enabling advanced AI applications, it can significantly improve the performance and competitiveness of telecommunications companies. As such, it is indeed poised to become the next big thing in telecommunications.

7 August 2023 0
Neuromorphic Computing: The Next Big Thing in Telecommunications

Exploring Neuromorphic Computing: The Next Big Thing in Telecommunications​

Neuromorphic computing, a revolutionary technology that mimics the human brain’s neural architecture, is poised to become the next big thing in telecommunications. This innovative technology is set to transform the industry by enhancing data processing capabilities, improving network efficiency, and enabling advanced artificial intelligence (AI) applications.
Neuromorphic computing is a subset of AI that uses very large scale integration systems containing electronic analog circuits to mimic neuro-biological architectures present in the nervous system. In simpler terms, it’s a technology that replicates the human brain’s ability to respond and adapt to information. This technology’s potential to process vast amounts of data in real-time, with minimal power consumption, makes it a game-changer for the telecommunications industry.
The telecommunications industry is a data-intensive sector that requires high-speed processing and transmission of large volumes of data. Traditional computing systems, while powerful, often struggle to keep up with the increasing demand for real-time data processing and transmission. Neuromorphic computing, with its ability to process data in real-time, offers a solution to this challenge. It can significantly enhance the speed and efficiency of data processing and transmission, leading to improved network performance and customer experience.
Moreover, neuromorphic computing can also play a crucial role in advancing AI applications in telecommunications. AI is increasingly being used in the industry for various purposes, such as network optimization, predictive maintenance, customer service, and fraud detection. However, the effectiveness of these applications is often limited by the processing capabilities of traditional computing systems. Neuromorphic computing, with its superior processing capabilities, can enable more advanced and effective AI applications. For instance, it can facilitate real-time network optimization, leading to improved network performance and reliability.
Furthermore, neuromorphic computing can also contribute to energy efficiency in telecommunications. Traditional computing systems consume a significant amount of energy, which not only increases operational costs but also contributes to environmental pollution. Neuromorphic computing, on the other hand, requires minimal power to operate. This can significantly reduce energy consumption in the telecommunications industry, leading to cost savings and a smaller environmental footprint.
However, despite its potential, the adoption of neuromorphic computing in telecommunications is still in its early stages. There are several challenges that need to be addressed, such as the high cost of neuromorphic chips and the lack of skilled professionals in the field. Moreover, there are also concerns about the ethical implications of using technology that mimics the human brain.
Nevertheless, the potential benefits of neuromorphic computing for the telecommunications industry are too significant to ignore. As the technology matures and becomes more accessible, it is expected to play an increasingly important role in the industry. In fact, some industry experts predict that neuromorphic computing could become as fundamental to telecommunications as the internet itself.
In conclusion, neuromorphic computing represents a significant technological advancement with the potential to revolutionize the telecommunications industry. By enhancing data processing capabilities, improving network efficiency, and enabling advanced AI applications, it can significantly improve the performance and competitiveness of telecommunications companies. As such, it is indeed poised to become the next big thing in telecommunications.

The passage that screams ubiquitous is this;

1691545485691.png

Loving the build up, so much happening its hard to keep up.

Attachments

• 1691545417984.png
    1691545417984.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 62 users
Top200 and 300 is not just based on current market cap. It's an average over a longer period of time.
Also liquidity is taken into account. BRN is certainly extremely liquid in terms of turnover. If we are below some companies in terms of market cap we may be included in the top 300 above them due to greater liquidity.
Hey Manny, yeah I know liquidity is a factor and mentioned about that in my post, but we are well, well below Top 300 market cap and it seems odd, that none of those companies have greater turnover.

Maybe they haven't met the conditions, for the required time period?

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
hiding.gif

Screen Shot 2023-08-09 at 12.15.43 pm.png

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 30 users

Bravo

Call me weird if you must, but I'm getting the feeling that Arm might leverage our partnership to help it achieve its IPO target valuation of $70 - 80 billion. Remember back in April we heard that Arm was planning to manufacture its own prototype chip, a more advanced processor not seen before (hint, hint, nudge, nudge = Arm cortex + AKIDA). Well, imagine if Arm launches this new prototype (read Arm Cortex M-85 + AKIDA 2000 for example) at the roadshow which is scheduled to start in the first week of September with pricing for the IPO to come in the following week! The prototype was expected to only be used to showcase what is possible since it was reported Arm apparently had no plans to license or sell it as a product. So what better time to showcase this fancy, new, wiz-bang advanced processor than at the roadshow in the lead up to an IPO that promises to be bigger than Ben-Hur's helmet!!!

I fully acknowledge that I'm in the habit of seeing AKIDA behind almost every pot plant but I'm hopeful that this prediction might not be completely outside the realms of possibility.

DYOR and don't forget to brush your hair and teeth.

B 💋

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 81 users

mrgds

Regular
Call me weird if you must, but I'm getting the feeling that Arm might leverage our partnership to help it achieve its IPO target valuation of $70 - 80 billion. Remember back in April we heard that Arm was planning to manufacture its own prototype chip, a more advanced processor not seen before (hint, hint, nudge, nudge = Arm cortex + AKIDA). Well, imagine if Arm launches this new prototype (read Arm Cortex M-85 + AKIDA 2000 for example) at the roadshow which is scheduled to start in the first week of September with pricing for the IPO to come in the following week! The prototype was expected to only be used to showcase what is possible since it was reported Arm apparently had no plans to license or sell it as a product. So what better time to showcase this fancy, new, wiz-bang advanced processor than at the roadshow in the lead up to an IPO that promises to be bigger than Ben-Hur's helmet!!!

I fully acknowledge that I'm in the habit of seeing AKIDA behind almost every pot plant but I'm hopeful that this prediction might not be completely outside the realms of possibility.

DYOR and don't forget to brush your hair and teeth.

B 💋
Yes @Bravo ....................... i can fully see why the "hairs on your toes are standing up"! ( Now thats "wierd " )
:love:

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Bravo

Yes @Bravo ....................... i can fully see why the "hairs on your toes are standing up"! ( Now thats "wierd " )
:love:
True. And don't forget the brush the hair on your feet like I do.

spongebob-socks.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 52 users
Top Bottom