BRN Discussion Ongoing

Tothemoon24

Top 20

The details of the new sensor technology are not specified in the supply chain report, but it is hinted that a new Sony tech will be used, which could potentially double the low-light sensitivity.​

iPhone 16 Pro Cameras to Feature New Sensor Technology​

2 min read
1 day ago Brandon Vincent
iPhone 16 Pro Cameras to Feature New Sensor Technology

All four models of the iPhone 15 are expected to come equipped with the 48MP stacked sensor technology found in the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max. However, recent reports suggest that next year’s iPhone 16 Pro cameras may once again surpass the base and Plus models.
The details of the new sensor technology are not specified in the supply chain report, but it is hinted that a new Sony tech will be used, which could potentially double the low-light sensitivity.
Apple has traditionally resisted the trend of increasing megapixel numbers in smartphone cameras, as packing more pixels into a small sensor can result in poorer performance in low-light conditions. To overcome this limitation, Apple introduced stacked sensor technology in the iPhone 14 models. This technology utilizes multiple layers to retain low-light sensitivity and was initially implemented in the iPhone 14 Pro models. It is expected to be incorporated into the entire iPhone 15 lineup this year.
According to Ming-Chi Kuo’s report, the iPhone 16 Pro models will feature a different sensor than the base models, and it is confirmed that Sony will continue to provide the sensors for Apple’s devices. The report also mentions that Sony’s high-end CIS (CMOS image sensor) capacity will be limited in 2024 due to the adoption of stacked-designed CIS in the two iPhone 16 Pro models.
While the exact Sony stacked sensor tech for the iPhone 16 Pro cameras is not disclosed in the report, it is speculated that it may allow for larger photo diodes. Sony’s latest stacked sensor technology separates the photo diodes and pixel transistors, enabling larger diodes to capture more light, resulting in improved low-light performance and noise reduction.
Typically, new camera sensor technology is introduced in high-end cameras before being implemented in smartphones. However, Sony’s Xperia 1 V smartphone was the first device to feature this technology, suggesting scaling challenges that may have influenced the decision.
In terms of photography, the new sensor technology in the iPhone 16 Pro cameras is expected to enhance photo quality in low-light conditions and high-contrast lighting scenarios. This will lead to better photos in situations such as dimly lit indoor environments and capturing subjects against bright sunlight.
If the iPhone 16 Pro does indeed incorporate this new sensor technology, users can anticipate a significant improvement in photo quality compared to previous models.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

“We are thrilled to take our partnership with Sequans to the next level,” said Hidetoshi Shibata, President and CEO of Renesas. “Sequans is a leader in the fast-growing cellular IoT market with wide cellular IoT network coverage. The company’s technology gives Renesas a path to offer broad connectivity capabilities across IoT applications to address the evolving customer needs.”

“We have been working closely with Renesas to serve the growing market demand for massive IoT and broadband IoT customers,” said Georges Karam, Chairman and CEO of Sequans. “As many telecom operators around the world continue to invest in 5G infrastructure and with the expanding deployment of IoT applications, combining with Renesas opens up vast opportunities to usher in a new era of seamless connectivity and digital mobility that can transform a multitude of industries.”
Screenshot_20230808_143347_LinkedIn.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
“I really believe this is the beginning of a tsunami wave,” he told EE Times in an exclusive interview. “We’re going to see a tsunami of products coming with ML functionality: It’s only going to increase, and it’s going to attract a lot of attention.”

Good afternoon Tothemoon & Fellow Chippers,

Well iv had my budgie smugglers on for a while now......

😁,

Regards,
Esq.

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 17 users

Dhm

Regular
Hypothetical. Well, not really......

If Brainchip were contacted by, say for example, Valeo, (or for that matter Renesas, MegaChips, Teksun or a host of others) and we were told they have incorporated Akida in a contract that delivers 1m, 5m, 10m++ chips, would Brainchip have to publish an ASX price sensitive announcement? Surely we can publish such an announcement without mentioning our partner? Because we must be mighty close to such an eventuality.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
Had a recent trip to Melb and in the back streets of Brunswick i ran into a dji shop in the industrial section of Brunswick.
So i thought i would stop by and show them this pic. And ask them Brainchip is promoting a drone in this pic do you know whos drone it is? They said yes thats OUR Inspire drone. Thankyou dji no further questions :)
View attachment 41611
Creeeeepy I just bought a drone last night....

It's a sign :D

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
In conclusion, neuromorphic computing represents a significant technological advancement with the potential to revolutionize the telecommunications industry. By enhancing data processing capabilities, improving network efficiency, and enabling advanced AI applications, it can significantly improve the performance and competitiveness of telecommunications companies. As such, it is indeed poised to become the next big thing in telecommunications.

7 August 2023 0
Neuromorphic Computing: The Next Big Thing in Telecommunications

Exploring Neuromorphic Computing: The Next Big Thing in Telecommunications​

Neuromorphic computing, a revolutionary technology that mimics the human brain’s neural architecture, is poised to become the next big thing in telecommunications. This innovative technology is set to transform the industry by enhancing data processing capabilities, improving network efficiency, and enabling advanced artificial intelligence (AI) applications.
Neuromorphic computing is a subset of AI that uses very large scale integration systems containing electronic analog circuits to mimic neuro-biological architectures present in the nervous system. In simpler terms, it’s a technology that replicates the human brain’s ability to respond and adapt to information. This technology’s potential to process vast amounts of data in real-time, with minimal power consumption, makes it a game-changer for the telecommunications industry.
The telecommunications industry is a data-intensive sector that requires high-speed processing and transmission of large volumes of data. Traditional computing systems, while powerful, often struggle to keep up with the increasing demand for real-time data processing and transmission. Neuromorphic computing, with its ability to process data in real-time, offers a solution to this challenge. It can significantly enhance the speed and efficiency of data processing and transmission, leading to improved network performance and customer experience.
Moreover, neuromorphic computing can also play a crucial role in advancing AI applications in telecommunications. AI is increasingly being used in the industry for various purposes, such as network optimization, predictive maintenance, customer service, and fraud detection. However, the effectiveness of these applications is often limited by the processing capabilities of traditional computing systems. Neuromorphic computing, with its superior processing capabilities, can enable more advanced and effective AI applications. For instance, it can facilitate real-time network optimization, leading to improved network performance and reliability.
Furthermore, neuromorphic computing can also contribute to energy efficiency in telecommunications. Traditional computing systems consume a significant amount of energy, which not only increases operational costs but also contributes to environmental pollution. Neuromorphic computing, on the other hand, requires minimal power to operate. This can significantly reduce energy consumption in the telecommunications industry, leading to cost savings and a smaller environmental footprint.
However, despite its potential, the adoption of neuromorphic computing in telecommunications is still in its early stages. There are several challenges that need to be addressed, such as the high cost of neuromorphic chips and the lack of skilled professionals in the field. Moreover, there are also concerns about the ethical implications of using technology that mimics the human brain.
Nevertheless, the potential benefits of neuromorphic computing for the telecommunications industry are too significant to ignore. As the technology matures and becomes more accessible, it is expected to play an increasingly important role in the industry. In fact, some industry experts predict that neuromorphic computing could become as fundamental to telecommunications as the internet itself.
In conclusion, neuromorphic computing represents a significant technological advancement with the potential to revolutionize the telecommunications industry. By enhancing data processing capabilities, improving network efficiency, and enabling advanced AI applications, it can significantly improve the performance and competitiveness of telecommunications companies. As such, it is indeed poised to become the next big thing in telecommunications.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 51 users

DJM263

LTH - 2015
Creeeeepy I just bought a drone last night....

It's a sign :D
Ok FAB, your next task is to pull it apart and look for a sign "Äkida on Board"

Let us know how you go... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 26 users
Ok FAB, your next task is to pull it apart and look for a sign "Äkida on Board"

Let us know how you go... ;)
Cheap HolyStone one for 350 on amazon rebate. There wont be any... I will look at it, once I crashed it (hence the cheaper version vs a good DJI One)....

Reactions: 4 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Interesting little order poppet up, just after close of trade 4:00, for 429,167 units @$0.395

Esq.

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users
Just going to put this out there....

How many are sitting on a pile of cash just waiting for a uptick in the share price?

I for 1 are just sitting waiting to see the manipulation stop so we can once again push to where Brainchip real valuation should be. I know it's a bargain ATM but with all that is going on and 133M of shorts, the big players surely want to make a pile of 💵 on the way down and also o the way up.

• Fire
  • Haha

Tothemoon24

Top 20
A3197EFA-4166-4032-BE71-ABB2BB8AB147.jpeg
We are organising the First International Workshop on Sustainable AI for Edge (SAI4E 2023), as part of AIMLSys 2023, with a focus on sustainable AI for the edge, convergence of edge computing and neuromorphic computing.

We invite submissions of original research papers, case studies, and review articles on a wide range of topics, including but not limited to:

Energy-efficient AI algorithms for edge computing
Low power neuromorphic applications for intelligent edge
Low-power hardware and neuromorphic designs for edge devices
Green edge data centers and computing infrastructures
Resource-constrained AI at the edge
Energy harvesting and self-powering techniques for edge devices
Environmental impact assessment of edge AI deployments
Dynamic resource management and task scheduling in edge computing
Edge-based data compression and optimization techniques
Case studies and real-world implementations of sustainable AI for edge systems
AI-driven sustainability applications at the network edge
Lifecycle analysis and eco-design of edge devices
Security and privacy considerations for sustainable AI at the edge
Interdisciplinary approaches and collaborations in sustainable AI research.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Diogenese

Top 20
View attachment 41623 We are organising the First International Workshop on Sustainable AI for Edge (SAI4E 2023), as part of AIMLSys 2023, with a focus on sustainable AI for the edge, convergence of edge computing and neuromorphic computing.

We invite submissions of original research papers, case studies, and review articles on a wide range of topics, including but not limited to:

Energy-efficient AI algorithms for edge computing
Low power neuromorphic applications for intelligent edge
Low-power hardware and neuromorphic designs for edge devices
Green edge data centers and computing infrastructures
Resource-constrained AI at the edge
Energy harvesting and self-powering techniques for edge devices
Environmental impact assessment of edge AI deployments
Dynamic resource management and task scheduling in edge computing
Edge-based data compression and optimization techniques
Case studies and real-world implementations of sustainable AI for edge systems
AI-driven sustainability applications at the network edge
Lifecycle analysis and eco-design of edge devices
Security and privacy considerations for sustainable AI at the edge
Interdisciplinary approaches and collaborations in sustainable AI research.
That's going to be a very short, one word workshop.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
The second point I wanted to add was to make the computations power-aware – in the future world of sustainability, green computing/green AI is a must. Signal processing engineers are inherently trained to make their algorithms work on low power, low latency constrained embedded devices. The same principles need to be applied to designing power-efficient AI systems. It is the need of the day in this age of over-parameterized ultra-large and power-hungry AI models. In this context neuromorphic computing architectures that mimic human brain neuronal structures will need to be explored in place of Von-Neumann architectures of CPUs, Harvard Architectures of DSPs or massively parallel architectures of GPUs.

ndustry Leaders in Signal Processing and Machine Learning: Dr. Arpan Pal​

stars_featured_article.jpg

stars_featured_article.jpg

Industry Leaders in Signal Processing and Machine Learning
By:
Dr. Abhishek Appaji

Industry Leader in Signal Processing and Machine Learning
Dr. Arpan Pal​

Distinguished Chief Scientist and Research Area Head,
Embedded Devices and Intelligent Systems, TCS Research, Tata Consultancy Services, India​

Arpan Pal

Dr. Arpan Pal - Bio: I have more than 30 years of experience in the area of Intelligent Sensing, Signal Processing &AI, Edge Computing and Affective Computing. Currently, as Distinguished Chief Scientist and Research Area Head, Embedded Devices and Intelligent Systems, TCS Research, I am working in the areas of Connected Health, Smart Manufacturing, Smart Retail and Remote Sensing.
I have been on the editorial board of notable journals like ACM Transactions on Embedded Systems, and Springer Nature Journal on Computer Science. Additionally, I am on the TPC of notable conferences like IEEE Sensors, ICASSP, and EUSIPCO. I have filed 180+ patents (out of which 95+ were granted in different geographies) and have published 160+ papers and book chapters in reputed conferences and journals. I have also written three complete books on IoT, Digital Twins in Manufacturing, and Application AI in Cardiac screening. I am also on the governing/review/advisory board of some Indian Government organizations like CSIR, and MeitY, as well as of educational Institutions like IIT, IIIT, and Technology Innovation Hubs. I am two times winner of the Tata Group top Innovation award in Tata InnoVista under Piloted technology category.
Prior to joining Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), I had worked for DRDO, India as Scientist for Missile Seeker Systems and in Rebeca Technologies as their Head of Real-time Systems. I have a B.Tech and M. Tech degree from IIT, Kharagpur, India and PhD. from Aalborg University, Denmark.

We approached Dr. Pal to learn more:​

1. Why did you choose to become a faculty in the field of signal processing?
My BTech project at IIT Kharagpur was in Digital Signal Processing (DSP). It was in the late 1980s when I was introduced to the fascinating world of adaptive signal processing, which I would say is a form of AI for linear embedded systems. During my MTech, Radar Signal Processing piqued my interest and this interest persisted as I worked as a Research Scientist at DRDO, the R&D wing of the Indian Government's Ministry of Defence. . These two opportunities in the early years of my career led me to my decision to focus on Industrial Applications of Signal Processing and that’s what I have been doing for more than 30 years of my career. In TCS Research, I pioneered research work in the DSP field, and for the past 20 years, I have been working on various signal processing applications around radar, biomedical, wireless, and inertial sensors building systems with applications in healthcare, industry 4.0, smart retail, communication, and smart city.
2. How does your work affect society?
One of the core works we did in signal processing was to model cardiac disease conditions like Ischemic Heart Blocks (also called Coronary Artery Disease or CAD) using indirectly measured physiological signals like Photoplethysmogram (PPG), Phonocardiogram (PCG) or heart sound, and Electrocardiogram (ECG).
Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) or heart block is the leading cause of deaths not only in the developing countries but worldwide. In 2015, India reported that out of 800 million adults, 61.8 million had CAD which is almost 8% of the total population. This was a whooping 32% increase from 2010 reports. More importantly, there were approximately 8 million new cases of CAD among people aged less than 40 years between 2010 and 2015. A lot of the deaths can be prevented if this is detected early, but only definitive test for this is coronary angiogram which is invasive and is not available everywhere, especially in rural areas and Tier 2-3 cities. We have created a signal processing AI based system that can detect CAD from PPG, PCG and ECG without needing the coronary angiogram. The efficiency of this system is already proven on a small 200-member patient trial at a large hospital in Kolkata, India. As we speak, we are embarking on a countrywide-wide trial of 10K patients with Cardiological Society of India. If the trial is successful, this can impact a large number of people in India and in similar developing countries. Earlier we had done a 100-home trial at Singapore for elderly people living alone where we had sensorized their homes and used signal processing on the sensor data to find out the activities of daily living, creating early alert systems including fall detection.
3. What challenges have you had to face to get to where you are today?
The main challenge is how to marry the technological novelty to a visible and useful impact in the application. When I worked in DRDO, this challenge manifested in designing novel signal processing algorithms and keeping the radar working in multipath fading scenarios in millimetric wave band. In our cardiac health work in TCS, this meant designing signal processing algorithms that can work with non-medical grade wearable sensors that are inherently noisy. In our Industry 4.0 work, this amounted designing signal processing systems that can seamlessly fuse multiple sensor signals at a signal level.
The other challenge is obviously at the platform level where we have come a long way from tiny microcontrollers to DSP processors to AI chipset accelerators. But what has not changed is the fact that initially your algorithm will always be more time/memory/power than what is available in your target hardware and optimizing it to fit the target hardware is always a non-trivial and involves engineering task.
Our brain computes take only 20 Watts while a typical GPU cluster may use tens of kilowatts of power – how do we design AI systems that consumes power in the order of our brain?
4. What advice would you give to scientists/engineers in signal processing?
First advice will be to fall in love with signals, which has so much variety and unpredictability in its morphology as compared to more structured data like text and images - there is a whole lot of unexplored territory in the world of signals, as far as AI is concerned.
Second advice will be to keep an open mind and ready to adapt new technologies / techniques as they come – in today’s world signal processing is a much part of machine learning (ML) as machine learning is part of signal processing. We can do signal processing-based feature engineering for ML and we can also use ML to do adaptive signal processing.
Third advice is to look for application-level impact and then use technology to solve it, rather than going bottom-up to build a novel technology system first and then look for a suitable application.
5. Why did you choose Industry over academic research in signal processing?
The answer lies in the third point of my previous answer. I always wanted to create impact through my inventions. Industrial research has allowed me to work on real-world problems that comes directly from the end users or customers. TCS Research gives us access to problem statements of a wide spectrum of customers across multitude of industry verticals. As a solution to any of these problems ultimately demonstrates the potential impact of the invention, I am always driven by such opportunities in industrial research.
6. Is there anything else you would like to add?
The world is undergoing a disruptive change via AI technologies like generative AI. Today it is demonstrated in the areas of text processing via technologies like chatGPT. However, we need to understand that what is being disruptively possible in these applications today was made possible via significant development of natural language processing that allowed computers to understand the syntactic, semantic, and grammatical aspects. This disruptive change was aided by the fact that language has formal grammar -same is true to some extend for image and videos. But, what is the language and grammar of signals? It is sure that the language is only understood by signal processing and the grammar must be built on top of it - domain-by-domain and sensor-by-sensor. It poses a tremendous opportunity for signal processing practitioners - without this, a disruptive generative AI will not be possible in the world of signals.
The second point I wanted to add was to make the computations power-aware – in the future world of sustainability, green computing/green AI is a must. Signal processing engineers are inherently trained to make their algorithms work on low power, low latency constrained embedded devices. The same principles need to be applied to designing power-efficient AI systems. It is the need of the day in this age of over-parameterized ultra-large and power-hungry AI models. In this context neuromorphic computing architectures that mimic human brain neuronal structures will need to be explored in place of Von-Neumann architectures of CPUs, Harvard Architectures of DSPs or massively parallel architectures of GPUs.

• Love
  • Fire

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
This is the new MegaChips website up and running in recent day.

The Brainchip's intro is impressive 👏

Screenshot_20230808_195108_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230808_195116_Chrome.jpg

So MegaChips has 4 different use case.

When you click on to production.
Screenshot_20230808_195228_Chrome.jpg

We can see they do 'FD-SOI' technology also, could our little Akida siblings Akida 1500 arriving soon.

I try looking into MegaChips with FD-SOI in the past with no luck. This is my first time seeing MegaChips with FD-SOI. But that just me, other who are more tech advance may have this knowledge.

MegaChips Edge AI Solution.

Screenshot_20230808_201113_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230808_201129_Chrome.jpg

Did someone say cameras 📷! Image solution for the future.

Screenshot_20230808_202001_Chrome.jpg

This link provides you with all BrainChip & MegaChips search.👌👌👌

Learning 🏖

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 118 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Sums up pretty well how unevolved your brain seems to be Wilzy posting the same meme hundreds of times.
What a great post!!! Truth be told, im just tryna match your magnificent contributions to this forum. Always so positive and forward looking. Because of your posts, i often contemplate whether i should continue to do my due diligence via motley fool or read your posts. Bur i think i know what to do now. Thank you 🙏🙌

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Medina

Anil has liked the job ad!

Attachments

• IMG_9843.jpeg
    IMG_9843.jpeg
    458 KB · Views: 161
  • Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Xray1

Regular
Given the above ...... Maybe the Co should now reconsider selling both IP and Akida 1000, 1500 and Gen 2 Chips to fill the market for all levels of customers and product requirements ........... I would think that there could be a greater commercial benefit to cater for all potential users with differing needs and financial outlays and would also imo assist our BRN sales force in engaging with a broader range of customers to take up our technology and get the word out there especially given that we seem to be making no progress with just offering a IP product.
What's happened to the Akida 1500 ??? !!!

Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom