BRN Discussion Ongoing

IloveLamp

Top 20
We’re not in this, Dodgy knees has been through it a few times it’s most likely Qualcomm processing the information from the Prophesee Neuromorphic sensor. Not to mention our collab with Prophesee has come about too recently.
No disrespect to dio, but i don't think anyone can definitively say yay or nay at this point, it's too early imo.

Also, how do you know when we first engaged with Prophesee? It could've been 2 years ago for all anyone knows. When the partnership is publicly announced means squat.

The only people qualified to say yay or nay are sitting in the board rooms imo

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 22 users

Shadow59

Regular
Reactions: 5 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Cortex M85 is a standalone that you can add things to, like Akida.... or whatever Helium is? So needn't be Akida, unless...
So my question remains, have we anything to do with Helium?
200.gif

Screenshot_20230810_103141_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Labsy

Regular
I think as we move forward, we can safely assume anything involving ARM M85, most likely is revenue for us....

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 31 users

Frangipani

Regular
I thought that the obvious application for a low SWaP neuromorphic system would be to analyse patterns in network packet data so I actually did the introductions between Rob and a senior executive in BB (whom I coldcalled) in 2021 over email, though unfortunately of course I'm not privy to the outcome of those discussions. Obviously I'm also hoping that something comes to fruition.

Edit: Rob liking a Blackberry executive's post in light of the above... :unsure:

Not only the succulent wild blackberries in my garden are ripe at this time of year, it seems.
(The fast-growing and prickly vines are actually notoriously difficult to eradicate once they have invaded any open space, but those brambles are just so pretty to look at when in bloom or when bearing fruit…)

Could this press release by any chance be the fruit of your pollination efforts, @MadMayHam | 合氣道 ? 🤔

AI Cybersecurity Pioneer, BlackBerry Introduces Major Update to Next-Generation AI Engine​

August 09, 2023
BlackBerry’s Cylance AI, the industry’s first predictive cybersecurity solution, now prevents more cyberattacks than ever before

LAS VEGAS, UNITED STATES – August 9, 2023
BlackBerry Limited (NYSE: BB; TSX: BB) today announced a major update to its patented Cylance® AI engine, marking a significant leap forward in predicting cyberattacks for proactive cyber defense. Predictive cybersecurity is a must for emerging cyber risks and seen as the future of cybersecurity.

Cylance launched in 2016 as the industry’s first AI cybersecurity solution and the industry’s first predictive cybersecurity solution. BlackBerry’s generational release announced today updates the AI engine to enhance threat prediction capabilities for organizations by 40 percent compared with earlier versions. BlackBerry's Cylance AI has unfailingly protected businesses and governments globally from cyberattacks since its inception, with a multi-year predictive advantage.

In line with BlackBerry’s decades-long ethos that best-in-class security and productivity can coexist, Cylance AI enables organizations to stay ahead of cyberattacks without sacrificing operational efficiency. Rolled out automatically to all BlackBerry customers currently using CylanceENDPOINT™, CylanceEDGE™ and CylanceGUARD®, the new engine builds upon previous iterations that stop attacks 12 times faster and with 20 times less resources than other cybersecurity solutions.

“BlackBerry pioneered the field of AI for predictive cyber defense, and today delivers the highest efficacy scores against the competition whether an endpoint is online or offline,” said Nathan Jenniges, Vice President of Product Strategy, BlackBerry Cybersecurity. “With the introduction of our next-generation AI engine, we are taking cybersecurity to the next level and proving that predictive solutions are not only the future but are a reality today.”

“BlackBerry’s forward-looking technology and commitment to innovation makes them a trusted partner in our cybersecurity strategy,” said Melvin Foong, Chief Information Officer at GDEX. “Since switching to Cylance AI late last year, we haven’t experienced a single incident or compromised system. BlackBerry sets the bar high for the industry, and I have complete confidence in their cutting-edge AI solutions. These new upgrades will enable us to proactively defend against advanced attacks and stay ahead of emerging threats.”

“As cyber adversaries continue to ratchet up their use of advanced technologies such as AI, organizations must fight fire with fire,” states Michael Suby, IDC Research VP, Security and Trust. “And, as seconds matter in thwarting attacks, confidence in the efficacy of automated defenses is paramount.”
For more information on Cylance AI, visit BlackBerry.com.

About BlackBerry
BlackBerry (NYSE: BB; TSX: BB) provides intelligent security software and services to enterprises and governments around the world. The company secures more than 500M endpoints including over 235M vehicles. Based in Waterloo, Ontario, the company leverages AI and machine learning to deliver innovative solutions in the areas of cybersecurity, safety and data privacy solutions, and is a leader in the areas of endpoint management, endpoint security, encryption, and embedded systems. BlackBerry’s vision is clear - to secure a connected future you can trust.

For more information, visit BlackBerry.com and follow @BlackBerry.
Trademarks, including but not limited to BLACKBERRY, EMBLEM Design and CYLANCE are trademarks or registered trademarks of BlackBerry Limited, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, used under license, and the exclusive rights to such trademarks are expressly reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. BlackBerry is not responsible for any third-party products or services.
# # #
Media Contacts:
BlackBerry Media Relations
+1 (519) 597-7273
mediarelations@BlackBerry.com

Hopefully I'll get rewarded in shares for my efforts when it comes to pass.

At the very least they should ship you some glasses of delicious blackberry jam.
Hard to beat kaya toast, though, dui bu dui? 😋

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Teksun, Ai Lbs and Edge Impulse spruking their wares onlinkedin
May or may not have been posted earlier

1691629955296.png

1691630037866.png

1691630163521.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users
Given our membership with the GSA I was having a dig around to see what's in there and how it works.

Can't get too much as need to be a member but I did notice we are part of the EMTECH interest group which is the emerging technologies.

Some other great members of that group that we get to rub shoulders with and discuss the state of play and obviously our own EMTECH you would think.

Some "we" know and some maybe just BRN "know" at this time :LOL:

WELCOME TO GSA

Emerging Technology (EMTECH) Interest Group

The GSA Emerging Technology (EMTECH) interest group is a neutral, global collaboration platform for executives and experts driving Emerging Technologies within the semiconductor ecosystem to meet with peers, partners, suppliers, and customers to discuss key challenges and opportunities through collaborative dialogue to drive the technologies forward.

• The Interest Group consists of members from around the globe and covers all geographies: including North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific
  • Collaboration takes place during workshops, meetings, and events and through intelligently moderated working groups on carefully chosen topics
  • The Interest Group produces and collects high-quality articles, reports, presentations, and other resources that are shared with active interest group participants and members
  • Interest Group members are companies from an expanded ecosystem and related market verticals with a vested interest in the growth and success of the semiconductor industry through innovative emerging technologies and markets

GSA EMTECH INTEREST GROUP PARTICIPANTS

Accenture

AMD

Advantest Test Solutions

AImotive

AISpeech Co., Ltd.

AIStorm Inc.

Amazon.com Inc.

AONdevIces, Inc.

ARM, Inc.

Arteris, Inc.

Atomera

Axiado Corporation

Bosch Sensortec GmbH

BrainChip Corp

Brightsight

Broadcom Limited

Cadence Design Systems, Inc.

Capgemini Engineering

Chinese American Semiconductor Professional Association (CASPA)

Codeplay Software Ltd.

Covalar Design

Dassault Systemes SE

Dell Technologies

Diverse Software Solutions

D-Side Advisors

EdgeCortix

Embecosm Ltd.

Embedded PR

Etron Technology, Inc.

European Commission

Expedera

Gemalto

GLOBALFOUNDRIES

GreenWaves Technologies

Haier Group

Hailo

HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated.

HDL Design House

Himax Technologies, Inc.

Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.

Imagination Technologies

Imsys Technologies AB (Imsys AB)

Infineon Technologies AG

Intel Corporation

IObundle, Lda.

JP Data

Kneron Inc.

M Ventures

Marquee Semiconductor Inc.

MCCI Corporation

Menta

Meta Platforms, Inc.

Microsoft

Mythic

Nanjing SemiDrive Technology LTD.

Nanotronics

NeuReality

NXP Semiconductors N.V.

Optimal Plus (Optimal+) (Aquired by NI)

PDF Solutions, Inc.

PicoAI

Polyteknik AS

QUALCOMM Incorporated

Redtree Solutions Ltd

Renesas

Robert Bosch GmbH

Roviero, Inc

Samsung Semiconductor, Inc.

Shanghai Iluvatar CoreX Semiconductor Co., Ltd.

Shanghai UniVista Industrial Software Group Co., Ltd.,

Siemens DISW EDA

Siemens EDA

SiFive Inc.

Si-Ware Systems (SWS)

SoftMEMS

Soitec SA

Sondrel Ltd.

Spero Devices

Steradian Semiconductor

STMicroelectronics Intl NV

Strategic Executive Search Group (SES Group)

Synaptics Inc.

Synopsys, Inc.

Syntiant

TD Shepherd

Teradyne, Inc.

Tetramem

TÜVIT - TÜV Informationstechnik GmbH

UNIM Innovation (Wuxi) Co., Ltd.

Untether AI

VIA Technologies, Inc.

Yangtze Memory Technologies Co., Ltd.(YMTC)

yieldHUB

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users
Yep, considering Prophesee is a partner of ours it's highly likely that AKIDA is in this. Interesting to note that BRN is not mentioned at all and Prophesee are claiming it's their own neuromorphic tech. I think this is a clear indication of the way things will unfold as companies market their own innovations while BRN sits quietly in the background as a facilitator. Like Sean said 'watch the financials'. Building revenue might be our only clue pointing at market penetration. The next 4C will be super interesting imo.
Brainchip mentioned in this article about the same deal with Prophesee.
Screenshot_20230809-225903_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 80 users

Neuromorphia

fact collector
Brainchip mentioned in this article about the same deal with Prophesee.
View attachment 41722

link to article

In 2022, Prophesee partnered with BrainChip to deliver a neuromorphic event-based vision system with integrated low-power tech and high AI performance. The collaboration sought to help businesses explore edge artificial intelligence use cases with neuromorphic vision systems.

X Files GIF by The X-Files
i believe i can fly GIF by Carpool Karaoke: The Series on Apple Music
Chat Pamela Chougne GIF
Flying The Rocketeer GIF
Flying The Rocketeer GIF
Flying The Rocketeer GIF
Flying The Rocketeer GIF
Flight Attendants Aviation GIF by PBS
Rocket Launch GIF
Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users

rgupta

Regular
Reactions: 5 users

rgupta

Regular
  • Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

Cardpro

Regular
I think as we move forward, we can safely assume anything involving ARM M85, most likely is revenue for us....
Then where are the ip contracts?

I hardly doubt they all flow through renesas/megachips...

So many news on neuromorphic, snn, edge ai but there are many more competitors than ever...

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Getupthere

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Then where are the ip contracts?

I hardly doubt they all flow through renesas/megachips...

So many news on neuromorphic, snn, edge ai but there are many more competitors than ever...
fake-tears-fake-cry.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

jk6199

Regular
So many single figure trades today, laughable!

If you don’t realise that there’s manipulation going on with the share price I’m not sure what will make it more obvious?

I want a big announcement, also tattslotto numbers and to be younger and better looking. Looks like I need BRN to shine 😳

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Tothemoon24