BRN Discussion Ongoing

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon Chippers ,

Little bit of afternoon volume swing in the aftermarket auction.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Just spent most of today wrangling with electricity company for a better deal than the notified upcoming almost 50% increase on the usage rates and 30% increase on the daily supply charge here in Victoria.
Managed a small reduction on my existing daily charge and only 25% usage rate increase.
Worth being a squeaky wheel sometimes.
Still getting screwed I'm sure, but at least have the illusion of a chicken dinner for my trouble. 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

M_C

Founding Member

"As BrainChip and other successful tech innovators have proven, the rewards can be considerable, marked by substantial capital influx from public and private investment rounds."

Screenshot_20230725_185926_LinkedIn.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 92 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
View attachment 40702
Just a mention of us alongside some minnows like Microsoft, Apple and Samsung. Nothing to see here.........

curb-your-enthusiasm-larry-david (2).gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users

Frangipani

Regular
Could anyone with a respective tech background please comment on whether my layperson’s Akidaish gut feeling is justified or whether I am way off base? Ta!

PIR sensor for presence and motion detection in building automation​

New Products | July 25, 2023
By Jean-Pierre Joosting
SECURITY MOTION DETECTION PIR TMOS IOT

STMicroelectronics is launching a novel human-presence and -motion sensor/detector to enhance security systems, home-automation equipment, and IoT devices that typically use passive infrared (PIR) sensing.​

The STHS34PF80 sensor contains thermal transistors that can detect stationary objects, unlike conventional PIR detectors that require the detected object to be moving to produce a measurable response from the sensor. Also, while PIRs need a Fresnel lens to sense moving objects, ST’s novel detector allows simpler, lens-free construction.

“Today’s smart homes, smart buildings, and IoT applications need accurate presence detection to improve control of systems such as lighting, heating, security, and safety monitoring for a sustainable future,” said Simone Ferri, General Manager, AMS MEMS Sub-Group, STMicroelectronics. “Our new STHS34PF80 is an economical, ultra-low-power sensor that lets building automation operate consistently whether detected occupants are moving or not. It’s made using an innovative combination of CMOS chip fabrication, silicon micromachining, and low-voltage circuit design capabilities.”

Embedding a smart algorithm for presence and motion detection, the STHS34PF80 targets alarms and security systems, home automation, smart lighting, IoT devices, smart lockers, and smart wall pads. Its lens-free range of four meters and 80° field of view cover a large area in front of the sensor. With operating current of 10 µA, power consumption is less than a conventional PIR, and the 3.2- x 4.2- x 1.455-mm surface-mount package is compact and suited to automated high-speed assembly. The sensor has high resistance to unwanted effects of direct lighting and high immunity to electromagnetic interference (EMI).

The STEVAL-MKI231KA simplifies experimenting with the STHS34PF80. Plugging into the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3 or the STEVAL-MKI109V3 lets developers use ST’s Unico-GUI graphical interface to configure the IR sensor and take measurements within a simplified workflow. Drivers for the STHS34PF80 are available on GitHub. In addition, a ready-to-use library for compensating and detecting presence of people or objects is available in the X-CUBE-MEMS1 software package. Users can quickly start running simple applications, taking advantage of the STHS34PF80 and testing the results to begin creating an application.

Thermal MOSFETs​

The STHS34PF80 contains thermal MOSFETs (TMOS) that are sensitive to the heating effects of infrared radiation incident on their gates, as well as digital readout circuitry integrated efficiently on the same chip using ST’s mature and reliable silicon-on-insulator (SOI) CMOS technology. The SOI architecture facilitates micromachining with ST’s proven MEMS (micro electromechanical systems) processes to thermally isolate the TMOS for accurate temperature sensing.

The TMOS is powered at a sub-threshold voltage below that needed to turn the transistor fully on. In this mode, the drain-source current is highly temperature dependent and produces an accurately measurable response to minimal infrared radiation. This enables the sensor to detect human presence, via infrared emissions, whether the person is moving or still.

Another benefit of sub-threshold operation is that the transistor consumes very low power, allowing battery-powered sensors that contain the STHS34PF80 to operate for long periods between charging or battery replacement. In addition, the standard CMOS fabrication technology ensures cost-effective sensor production with high wafer yield, also leveraging sub-micron transistor geometry for small sensor dimensions. This contrasts with PIR sensors, whose sensitivity can depend on pyroelectric-pixel size. Moreover, the integrated digital interface allows direct connection to the host without analog front end circuitry.

The STHS34PF80 is in production now and available in a 10-lead land-grid array (LGA) package, priced from $2.60 for orders of 1000 pieces.

www.st.com

———————————————————————————————————-

Here is also a link to the company’s product page:

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

schuey

Regular

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

Cartagena

Regular
Great article by DR MARK VAN RIJMENAM, CSP - 09 MAR 2023
Talks about the importance of Neuromorphic computing in many future applications.
Brainchip also mentioned :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230725-193103.png
    Screenshot_20230725-193103.png
    1,013.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Damo4

Regular
Reactions: 4 users
200 additional follows in less than 2 weeks - thats just over 15 new followers per day. Similar to the increase in coverage of Brainchip across multiple internet sites, news feeds etc,, the word is getting out there, and it seems to be growing exponentially.

1690280448096.png

PS - They are up another 7 to 10,207 as of just now.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 66 users
Not new info on Gen 2 per sé however from an article a couple months old and not sure if posted prev but anyway.

I wonder if the so called customer feedback to evolve Akida came from a certain licence holder and that it will now lead to an additional licence on testing completion ;)

BrainChip unveils second-generation Akida platform​

BrainChip Holdings Ltd. has announced the second generation of its Akida platform. It drives hyper-efficient and intelligent edge AIoT devices with advanced capabilities such as 8-bit processing, time domain convolutions and vision transformer acceleration.

“We see an increasing demand for real-time, on-device intelligence in AI applications powered by our MCUs and the need to make sensors smarter for industrial and IoT devices,” says Roger Wendelken, the senior vice president in Renesas’ IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit.

Applications that can benefit from fast vision transformation include facial recognition and other biometrics.

Akida’s second-generation technology features Temporal Event Based Neural Nets (TENN) spatial-temporal convolutions, which can efficiently process raw time-continuous streaming data. The technology enables more straightforward implementations while providing high accuracy and a lower development cost and is suitable for use in industrial, automotive, digital health, smart home, and smart city applications.

Akida’s second generation also offers Vision Transformers (ViT) acceleration. This neural network excels in computer vision tasks such as object detection and semantic segmentation, BrainChip says. Akida’s ability to process multiple layers simultaneously and hardware support for skip connections enables it to self-manage complex networks like RESNET-50 entirely within the neural processor without CPU intervention and reduces system load.

“With the addition of advanced temporal convolution and vision transformers, we can see how low-power MCUs can revolutionize vision, perception, and predictive applications in a wide variety of markets like industrial and consumer IoT and personalized healthcare, just to name a few,” says Wendelken.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 56 users

M_C

Founding Member
Could anyone with a respective tech background please comment on whether my layperson’s Akidaish gut feeling is justified or whether I am way off base? Ta!

PIR sensor for presence and motion detection in building automation​

New Products | July 25, 2023
By Jean-Pierre Joosting
SECURITY MOTION DETECTION PIR TMOS IOT

STMicroelectronics is launching a novel human-presence and -motion sensor/detector to enhance security systems, home-automation equipment, and IoT devices that typically use passive infrared (PIR) sensing.​

The STHS34PF80 sensor contains thermal transistors that can detect stationary objects, unlike conventional PIR detectors that require the detected object to be moving to produce a measurable response from the sensor. Also, while PIRs need a Fresnel lens to sense moving objects, ST’s novel detector allows simpler, lens-free construction.

“Today’s smart homes, smart buildings, and IoT applications need accurate presence detection to improve control of systems such as lighting, heating, security, and safety monitoring for a sustainable future,” said Simone Ferri, General Manager, AMS MEMS Sub-Group, STMicroelectronics. “Our new STHS34PF80 is an economical, ultra-low-power sensor that lets building automation operate consistently whether detected occupants are moving or not. It’s made using an innovative combination of CMOS chip fabrication, silicon micromachining, and low-voltage circuit design capabilities.”

Embedding a smart algorithm for presence and motion detection, the STHS34PF80 targets alarms and security systems, home automation, smart lighting, IoT devices, smart lockers, and smart wall pads. Its lens-free range of four meters and 80° field of view cover a large area in front of the sensor. With operating current of 10 µA, power consumption is less than a conventional PIR, and the 3.2- x 4.2- x 1.455-mm surface-mount package is compact and suited to automated high-speed assembly. The sensor has high resistance to unwanted effects of direct lighting and high immunity to electromagnetic interference (EMI).

The STEVAL-MKI231KA simplifies experimenting with the STHS34PF80. Plugging into the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3 or the STEVAL-MKI109V3 lets developers use ST’s Unico-GUI graphical interface to configure the IR sensor and take measurements within a simplified workflow. Drivers for the STHS34PF80 are available on GitHub. In addition, a ready-to-use library for compensating and detecting presence of people or objects is available in the X-CUBE-MEMS1 software package. Users can quickly start running simple applications, taking advantage of the STHS34PF80 and testing the results to begin creating an application.

Thermal MOSFETs​

The STHS34PF80 contains thermal MOSFETs (TMOS) that are sensitive to the heating effects of infrared radiation incident on their gates, as well as digital readout circuitry integrated efficiently on the same chip using ST’s mature and reliable silicon-on-insulator (SOI) CMOS technology. The SOI architecture facilitates micromachining with ST’s proven MEMS (micro electromechanical systems) processes to thermally isolate the TMOS for accurate temperature sensing.

The TMOS is powered at a sub-threshold voltage below that needed to turn the transistor fully on. In this mode, the drain-source current is highly temperature dependent and produces an accurately measurable response to minimal infrared radiation. This enables the sensor to detect human presence, via infrared emissions, whether the person is moving or still.

Another benefit of sub-threshold operation is that the transistor consumes very low power, allowing battery-powered sensors that contain the STHS34PF80 to operate for long periods between charging or battery replacement. In addition, the standard CMOS fabrication technology ensures cost-effective sensor production with high wafer yield, also leveraging sub-micron transistor geometry for small sensor dimensions. This contrasts with PIR sensors, whose sensitivity can depend on pyroelectric-pixel size. Moreover, the integrated digital interface allows direct connection to the host without analog front end circuitry.

The STHS34PF80 is in production now and available in a 10-lead land-grid array (LGA) package, priced from $2.60 for orders of 1000 pieces.

www.st.com

———————————————————————————————————-

Here is also a link to the company’s product page:

I don't know about this particular use case, but ST micro i believe we are working with (based on my research)

Opinion only DYOR

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Frangipani

Regular
Today happens to be the feast day of St James, the patron saint of Spain.
So Happy Name Day to all of you named James, Jacob, Jakob, Jakub, Jake, Jamie, Jim, Jimmy, Jacques, Giacomo, Jaime, Iago, Santiago, Tiago, Diego, Séamus, Hamish, Hēmi…

9EA3763E-BC56-438D-B6A7-DADF130FB521.jpeg

Chancing upon this 17th c Guido Reni painting of a scallop shell-less Saint James on the internet, I couldn’t help but picture a certain present-day unsaintly James praying fervently for the BRN share price not to ascend to heaven any time soon… 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
? I am positive about brainchip's technology, otherwise, I would sell and move on. But that doesn't mean I am not disappointed in the performance or frustrated by how long its taking to land a deal or meaningful revenue. Money don't lie but right now we don't see them so I am a bit worried thats all.

I truely hope brainchip to be successful I am sick of losing thousands everyday...
Brainchip

M_C

Founding Member
I don't know about this particular use case, but ST micro i believe we are working with (based on my research)

Opinion only DYOR
I've found a few other connections, but here's a couple

Screenshot_20220722-092156_LinkedIn.jpg
Capture.PNG

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Baisyet

Regular
Just spent most of today wrangling with electricity company for a better deal than the notified upcoming almost 50% increase on the usage rates and 30% increase on the daily supply charge here in Victoria.
Managed a small reduction on my existing daily charge and only 25% usage rate increase.
Worth being a squeaky wheel sometimes.
Still getting screwed I'm sure, but at least have the illusion of a chicken dinner for my trouble. 🤣
I am alos on same boat looking for better deal not just electricity and gas but mobile and internet. On that note Electricity price rise and constant issue to produce one dont know how all the Electric vehicle will be charged :cool:

Reactions: 5 users

schuey

Regular
Reactions: 3 users

FKE

Regular
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

Beebo

Regular
Teammate, opponent or other sport?

Teammate: Great. Nvidia is warm in bed!

Opponent: Great. Validates a giant market for those who compete with Nvidia - makes BRN very attractive!

Other Sport: Hockey stick whipping the shorts!

IT’S COMING!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20230726_060501_LinkedIn.jpg