BRN Discussion Ongoing

Cardpro

Regular
I seem to remember a statement in the past similar to "we are currently experiencing our highest level of commercial engagements" so take this comment with a grain of salt. Commercial engagements are of no use unless they lead to the prospects being engaged becoming customers. And we haven't seen that for a looong time......

Good to see an improvement in the cash received but I'd be a LOT more interested to see where it came from. Progress payments for existing contracts (Renasas, Megachips) or new sales? I suspect the former............
Yea I agree but this appears to be aligned with industry's recent focus on edge AI and neuromorphic engineering... hopefully they will get reflected on the cash inflows/revenue soon...

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Damo4

Regular
Yea I agree but this appears to be aligned with industry's recent focus on edge AI and neuromorphic engineering... hopefully they will get reflected on the cash inflows/revenue soon...

Is this an Ai generated response?

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 17 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
BigUnluckyBluebreastedkookaburra-size_restricted.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Damo4

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
fishing-sassy.gif

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15 users

Cardpro

Regular

Yea below is from google bard (as chatgpt's data set is old) but I was suprised that Brainchip actually appears on top (maybe because google knows I research a lot about brainchip??)​

Is there more focus on neuromorphic computing?​

logo_single_color_v2_0aa36c7aa309a6fe6bd2.svg

Yes, there is more focus on neuromorphic computing in recent years. This is due to the increasing demand for energy-efficient and intelligent computing systems. Neuromorphic computing offers a number of advantages over traditional computing, including:
  • Energy efficiency: Neuromorphic computers can be orders of magnitude more energy-efficient than traditional computers, which is important for applications where battery power is limited, such as wearable devices and autonomous vehicles.
  • Speed: Neuromorphic computers can process information at speeds that are comparable to the human brain, which is important for applications that require real-time processing, such as robotics and machine vision.
  • Intelligence: Neuromorphic computers can learn and adapt to their environment, which is important for applications that require artificial intelligence, such as natural language processing and medical diagnosis.
As a result of these advantages, neuromorphic computing is being increasingly explored for a variety of applications, including:
  • Autonomous vehicles: Neuromorphic computers can be used to power the sensors and actuators in autonomous vehicles, allowing them to make decisions in real time and navigate safely.
  • Wearable devices: Neuromorphic computers can be used to power wearable devices, such as fitness trackers and smart watches, allowing them to collect and process data from the wearer's body.
  • Medical devices: Neuromorphic computers can be used to power medical devices, such as pacemakers and insulin pumps, allowing them to monitor the patient's health and deliver treatments in real time.
The research on neuromorphic computing is still in its early stages, but the potential benefits are significant. As the technology continues to develop, neuromorphic computing is likely to play an increasingly important role in our future.
Here are some of the recent research trends in neuromorphic computing:
  • The development of new materials and devices: Researchers are developing new materials and devices that can be used to create more efficient and powerful neuromorphic computers. For example, researchers are exploring the use of 2D materials, such as graphene, for neuromorphic applications.
  • The development of new algorithms: Researchers are also developing new algorithms that can be used to train and operate neuromorphic computers. These algorithms are designed to take advantage of the unique architecture of neuromorphic computers and to improve their efficiency and performance.
  • The development of new applications: Researchers are exploring new applications for neuromorphic computing. For example, neuromorphic computers are being explored for use in artificial intelligence, robotics, and medical devices.
The future of neuromorphic computing is bright. As the technology continues to develop, neuromorphic computers are likely to become more efficient, powerful, and versatile. This will make them ideal for a wide range of applications, from autonomous vehicles to wearable devices to medical devices.

Who are the leaders of edge ai and neuromorphic computing?

Here are some of the leaders in edge AI and neuromorphic computing:​

• BrainChip:BrainChip is a leading provider of neuromorphic computing solutions. The company's Akida chip is a fully digital, event-based AI processor that mimics the human brain. Akida is designed for edge AI applications, such as autonomous vehicles, wearable devices, and medical devices.
    BrainChip company logo Opens in a new window brainchip.com
    BrainChip company logo
  • Intel:Intel is a major player in the semiconductor industry. The company has been investing in neuromorphic computing for several years. Intel's Loihi chip is a neuromorphic processor that is designed for machine learning applications.
    Intel company logo Opens in a new window logos-world.net
    Intel company logo
  • IBM:IBM is another major player in the semiconductor industry. The company has been investing in neuromorphic computing for several years. IBM's TrueNorth chip is a neuromorphic processor that is designed for machine learning applications.
    IBM company logo Opens in a new window en.wikipedia.org
    IBM company logo
  • Qualcomm:Qualcomm is a leading provider of mobile processors. The company has been investing in neuromorphic computing for several years. Qualcomm's Snapdragon Neural Processing Engine (SNPE) is a neuromorphic processor that is designed for mobile applications.
    Qualcomm company logo Opens in a new window 1000logos.net
    Qualcomm company logo
  • Microsoft:Microsoft is a leading provider of cloud computing services. The company has been investing in neuromorphic computing for several years. Microsoft's Project Brainwave is a neuromorphic computing platform that is designed for cloud-based applications.
    Microsoft company logo Opens in a new window www.microsoft.com
    Microsoft company logo
These are just a few of the leaders in edge AI and neuromorphic computing. As the technology continues to develop, we can expect to see more companies entering this space

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users

Slade

Top 20
I seem to remember a statement in the past similar to "we are currently experiencing our highest level of commercial engagements" so take this comment with a grain of salt. Commercial engagements are of no use unless they lead to the prospects being engaged becoming customers. And we haven't seen that for a looong time......

Good to see an improvement in the cash received but I'd be a LOT more interested to see where it came from. Progress payments for existing contracts (Renasas, Megachips) or new sales? I suspect the former............
“Commercial engagements are of no use unless they lead to the prospects being engaged becoming customers.”

Thank you toasty. Very insightful. I don’t know what I would do without your daily reminders. To think that you share your knowledge on here for free. I’m so grateful.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 28 users

sleepymonk

Regular
Really? I am surprised to see a lot of people being happy about the quarterly report.

I thought the quarterly report was crap as usual and it had nothing to drive the change in market sentiment nor was shitty enough to cause further significant drops...

That being said, although my plan was to not buy any more brainchip stocks, I've bought more because of recent focus on edge AI & neuromorphic computing and we r on the front of it... I think market sentiment will change sooooon...
seriously? buying more into a sinking crap ship? I bought more because i believed and still believe it will take off, this is my rational and yours?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Damo4

Regular

Yea below is from google bard (as chatgpt's data set is old) but I was suprised that Brainchip actually appears on top (maybe because google knows I research a lot about brainchip??)​

Is there more focus on neuromorphic computing?​

logo_single_color_v2_0aa36c7aa309a6fe6bd2.svg

Yes, there is more focus on neuromorphic computing in recent years. This is due to the increasing demand for energy-efficient and intelligent computing systems. Neuromorphic computing offers a number of advantages over traditional computing, including:
  • Energy efficiency: Neuromorphic computers can be orders of magnitude more energy-efficient than traditional computers, which is important for applications where battery power is limited, such as wearable devices and autonomous vehicles.
  • Speed: Neuromorphic computers can process information at speeds that are comparable to the human brain, which is important for applications that require real-time processing, such as robotics and machine vision.
  • Intelligence: Neuromorphic computers can learn and adapt to their environment, which is important for applications that require artificial intelligence, such as natural language processing and medical diagnosis.
As a result of these advantages, neuromorphic computing is being increasingly explored for a variety of applications, including:
  • Autonomous vehicles: Neuromorphic computers can be used to power the sensors and actuators in autonomous vehicles, allowing them to make decisions in real time and navigate safely.
  • Wearable devices: Neuromorphic computers can be used to power wearable devices, such as fitness trackers and smart watches, allowing them to collect and process data from the wearer's body.
  • Medical devices: Neuromorphic computers can be used to power medical devices, such as pacemakers and insulin pumps, allowing them to monitor the patient's health and deliver treatments in real time.
The research on neuromorphic computing is still in its early stages, but the potential benefits are significant. As the technology continues to develop, neuromorphic computing is likely to play an increasingly important role in our future.
Here are some of the recent research trends in neuromorphic computing:
  • The development of new materials and devices: Researchers are developing new materials and devices that can be used to create more efficient and powerful neuromorphic computers. For example, researchers are exploring the use of 2D materials, such as graphene, for neuromorphic applications.
  • The development of new algorithms: Researchers are also developing new algorithms that can be used to train and operate neuromorphic computers. These algorithms are designed to take advantage of the unique architecture of neuromorphic computers and to improve their efficiency and performance.
  • The development of new applications: Researchers are exploring new applications for neuromorphic computing. For example, neuromorphic computers are being explored for use in artificial intelligence, robotics, and medical devices.
The future of neuromorphic computing is bright. As the technology continues to develop, neuromorphic computers are likely to become more efficient, powerful, and versatile. This will make them ideal for a wide range of applications, from autonomous vehicles to wearable devices to medical devices.

Who are the leaders of edge ai and neuromorphic computing?​

Here are some of the leaders in edge AI and neuromorphic computing:​

• BrainChip:BrainChip is a leading provider of neuromorphic computing solutions. The company's Akida chip is a fully digital, event-based AI processor that mimics the human brain. Akida is designed for edge AI applications, such as autonomous vehicles, wearable devices, and medical devices.
    BrainChip company logo Opens in a new window brainchip.com
    BrainChip company logo
  • Intel:Intel is a major player in the semiconductor industry. The company has been investing in neuromorphic computing for several years. Intel's Loihi chip is a neuromorphic processor that is designed for machine learning applications.
    Intel company logo Opens in a new window logos-world.net
    Intel company logo
  • IBM:IBM is another major player in the semiconductor industry. The company has been investing in neuromorphic computing for several years. IBM's TrueNorth chip is a neuromorphic processor that is designed for machine learning applications.
    IBM company logo Opens in a new window en.wikipedia.org
    IBM company logo
  • Qualcomm:Qualcomm is a leading provider of mobile processors. The company has been investing in neuromorphic computing for several years. Qualcomm's Snapdragon Neural Processing Engine (SNPE) is a neuromorphic processor that is designed for mobile applications.
    Qualcomm company logo Opens in a new window 1000logos.net
    Qualcomm company logo
  • Microsoft:Microsoft is a leading provider of cloud computing services. The company has been investing in neuromorphic computing for several years. Microsoft's Project Brainwave is a neuromorphic computing platform that is designed for cloud-based applications.
    Microsoft company logo Opens in a new window www.microsoft.com
    Microsoft company logo
These are just a few of the leaders in edge AI and neuromorphic computing. As the technology continues to develop, we can expect to see more companies entering this space

I'm just not at your level mate, you're too good for me

Best Azula GIFs | Gfycat

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Cardpro

Regular
seriously? buying more into a sinking crap ship? I bought more because i believed and still believe it will take off, this is my rational and yours?
No, I don't think it's a sinking ship, I said the quarterly reports are crap.

I think it will sail one day (or sink if it doesn't get adopted by the market and gets skipped).

The numbers on the quarterlies are crap and it has been crap since it was listed. If it was good, our share price wouldn't sit at 30c level.

But based on recent focus on edge ai and neuromorphic computing, it suggests that it might sail soon (and it is more evident that we are the leader on this field...everything except our revenue/cash inflows suggest this imo)...

So I bought more with the hope of us catching the big market and finally sailling.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
Well I don't know about anyone else but Larry bought more today and will get some more tomorrow. Edging my way up to the 100k thanks to these prices

View attachment 38750

Happy as Larry!!!!! 100k target achieved today. Even grabbed the extra 1k to put me in the "101,000 and over" distribution

8f4733ee-f071-4fb7-97ec-37535321823f_text.gif

Larry

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

sleepymonk

Regular
No, I don't think it's a sinking ship, I think it will sail one day (or sink if it doesn't get adopted by the market and gets skipped). But the numbers on the quarterlies doesnt help nor suggest we are sailing or will sail soon...

But based on recent focus on edge ai and neuromorphic computing, it suggests that it might sail soon (and it is more evident that we are the leader on this field...everything except our revenue/cash inflows suggest this imo)...

So I bought more with the hope of us catching the big market and finally sail
no offence, mate
I trust a lot here on this forum understand that 40K, 800K OR even 4,000K quarterly will not substantiate the full potential of BRN. i would sincerely point out and remind, if i may, everyone to revisit why you decided to invest in BRN as a pre-revenue or cash generating Co.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

toasty

Regular
“Commercial engagements are of no use unless they lead to the prospects being engaged becoming customers.”

Thank you toasty. Very insightful. I don’t know what I would do without your daily reminders. To think that you share your knowledge on here for free. I’m so grateful.
You're very welcome!! But I only do it to offer a different perspective to your daily dose of effusiveness.......:D

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Slade

Top 20
You're very welcome!! But I only do it to offer a different perspective to your daily dose of effusiveness.......:D
You are awesome.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I sent Tony Dawe the following email.

Hi Tony,
FactFinder recently posted on Tsex that the Company has confirmed ongoing engagements with around 40 named companies/entities.

Many Moons ago LDN said we had NDAs with North of 100 companies, with a sprinkling of Fortune 500s (I know his style was a bit different).

I understand that BrainChip would receive a number of enquiries, that lead to no special or ongoing relationships and many of these "North of 100" could have fallen into this category.

But, would the Company be able to comment on the "approximate number" of "substantial" ongoing relationships, with companies under NDA, that are not part of the known 40 odd?
By substantial, I mean companies with the potential to "significantly" add to BRNs future fortunes, should that be the case.

It might be of interest to a few.

I understand that this question may seem a bit frivolous, to those that are in the thick of it, but there are definitely those who would like to know and it is a genuine shareholder enquiry.

I do understand the Company's reasons for being, what some would call, overly conservative in communications of engagements, but this is a very general request.

Hope you're all doing well there 👍
Regards _______ (DingoBorat)

This was his reply, I was going to emphasize certain parts of it, but I thought better to leave as is.
I think the parts in question, will stand out on their own 😛

Despite not actually answering my question, I personally was very happy with the answers.

Cheers Tony 👍

Hi _______
Thank you for your email.

As I’m sure you can appreciate, I am not going to provide you with an “approximate number” of “substantial” ongoing relationships with “companies under NDA that are not part of the known 40 odd”.

The number of engagements we have is commercially confidential. You can reasonably assume that it is many times larger than the number of known engagements that we have announced.

As to whether these engagements are “substantial” depends on your definition. To us all engagements are substantial, but clearly some are more substantial than others.

They range on a spectrum from “not particularly substantial” to “extremely substantial” and occupy every place along that spectrum. Some relationships are dormant and are not currently active, others are very active and progressing towards a commercial outcome. All engagements are of substance to BrainChip, regardless of their status. As we say, “once a customer, always a customer”.

Some engagements that we had assumed were inactive have recently been re-activated, others reach a point where we think they will progress further and then the engagement just stops. This is the reality of life in the commercial space of the tech sector, and it’s a part of the process that is typically not well understood by Australian retail shareholders and is the source of much of their frustration and impatience. In this respect BrainChip is no different to every other tech start-up company seeking to gain market acceptance and establish a market for its products.

The threshold for making disclosure to the ASX is when an event becomes “material and/ or price sensitive”, and most of our customer engagements have not crossed that threshold.

Some engagements will never cross that disclosure threshold but will remain important commercial relationships for us anyway. Others will only cross that threshold after a considerable investment of time and energy to bring the customer to a point when they are ready to acquire an IP licence. This is one of the moments when the disclosure threshold is crossed and where a stand-alone ASX announcement would be made.

To be clear, ecosystem partnerships are typically not material and/ or price sensitive events and do not require a stand-alone ASX announcement, as they typically don’t have any immediate revenue implications and don’t impact our share price. These types of announcements, while important milestones in the rollout of our commercial strategy, fail to meet the ASX disclosure threshold.

I hope this brief explanation helps you and other investors understand why we don’t disclose all our engagements via the ASX and why we are deliberately conservative about giving away details about the number of customer engagements we have. I hope that helps clarify the situation for you, without actually answering your question.

Regards

brainchip
Tony Dawe

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 145 users

toasty

Regular
You are awesome.
I'm just educated and experienced in the ways of new tech developments. But thanks for the kind words.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Cardpro

Regular
no offence, mate
I trust a lot here on this forum understand that 40K, 800K OR even 4,000K quarterly will not substantiate the full potential of BRN. i would sincerely point out and remind, if i may, everyone to revisit why you decided to invest in BRN as a pre-revenue or cash generating Co.
I don't know why you've decided to invest in BrainChip pre-revenue but I've invested in it because I thought it will soon generate revenue/cash soon and thought I will get in before it shoots through the moon. I honestly didn't know that it would take years to get the traction/revenue, that was not the sentiment I got from the annoucements and the management...

Just go read the posts from 2015 onwards on HC and share price prediction posts, you will see all these people who expected BrainChip to take over the world and I was one of them. We've had multiple apparent links with all these companies but as of now, not one of them has lead us to massive cash inflows... I am still hopeful and yes, 40k, 800k, 4 mills doesnt mean anything to me as I want our market cap to reach billions if not trillion and be the Nvidia of Edge AI market/neuromorphic engineering. If we are aiming for few mills I would've just taken the loss and moved on.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Vladsblood

Regular
I don't know why you've decided to invest in BBrainChip pre-revenue but I've invested because I thought it will soon generate revenue/cash soon and thought I will get in before it shoots through the moon.

Just go read the posts from 2015 onwards on HC, you will see all these people who expected BrainChip will take over the world and I was one of them. We had multiple links with all these companies but not one of them has lead us to massive revenue YET... I am still hopeful and yes, 40k, 800k, 4 mills doesnt mean anything to me I want our market cap to reach billions if not trillion and be Nvidia of Edge AI market. But we will see if we can be one.
100's of Billions at the high side will be fine for 3-4 years time thanks Cardpro $$$$$...Vlad.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Slade

Top 20
I'm just educated and experienced in the ways of new tech developments. But thanks for the kind words.
I knew that you were well educated. You are a real asset. Keep up the good work.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

toasty

Regular
I sent Tony Dawe the following email.

Hi Tony,
FactFinder recently posted on Tsex that the Company has confirmed ongoing engagements with around 40 named companies/entities.

Many Moons ago LDN said we had NDAs with North of 100 companies, with a sprinkling of Fortune 500s (I know his style was a bit different).

I understand that BrainChip would receive a number of enquiries, that lead to no special or ongoing relationships and many of these "North of 100" could have fallen into this category.

But, would the Company be able to comment on the "approximate number" of "substantial" ongoing relationships, with companies under NDA, that are not part of the known 40 odd?
By substantial, I mean companies with the potential to "significantly" add to BRNs future fortunes, should that be the case.

It might be of interest to a few.

I understand that this question may seem a bit frivolous, to those that are in the thick of it, but there are definitely those who would like to know and it is a genuine shareholder enquiry.

I do understand the Company's reasons for being, what some would call, overly conservative in communications of engagements, but this is a very general request.

Hope you're all doing well there 👍
Regards _______ (DingoBorat)

This was his reply, I was going to emphasize certain parts of it, but I thought better to leave as is.
I think the parts in question, will stand out on their own 😛

Despite not actually answering my question, I personally was very happy with the answers.

Cheers Tony 👍

Hi _______
Thank you for your email.

As I’m sure you can appreciate, I am not going to provide you with an “approximate number” of “substantial” ongoing relationships with “companies under NDA that are not part of the known 40 odd”.

The number of engagements we have is commercially confidential. You can reasonably assume that it is many times larger than the number of known engagements that we have announced.

As to whether these engagements are “substantial” depends on your definition. To us all engagements are substantial, but clearly some are more substantial than others.

They range on a spectrum from “not particularly substantial” to “extremely substantial” and occupy every place along that spectrum. Some relationships are dormant and are not currently active, others are very active and progressing towards a commercial outcome. All engagements are of substance to BrainChip, regardless of their status. As we say, “once a customer, always a customer”.

Some engagements that we had assumed were inactive have recently been re-activated, others reach a point where we think they will progress further and then the engagement just stops. This is the reality of life in the commercial space of the tech sector, and it’s a part of the process that is typically not well understood by Australian retail shareholders and is the source of much of their frustration and impatience. In this respect BrainChip is no different to every other tech start-up company seeking to gain market acceptance and establish a market for its products.

The threshold for making disclosure to the ASX is when an event becomes “material and/ or price sensitive”, and most of our customer engagements have not crossed that threshold.

Some engagements will never cross that disclosure threshold but will remain important commercial relationships for us anyway. Others will only cross that threshold after a considerable investment of time and energy to bring the customer to a point when they are ready to acquire an IP licence. This is one of the moments when the disclosure threshold is crossed and where a stand-alone ASX announcement would be made.

To be clear, ecosystem partnerships are typically not material and/ or price sensitive events and do not require a stand-alone ASX announcement, as they typically don’t have any immediate revenue implications and don’t impact our share price. These types of announcements, while important milestones in the rollout of our commercial strategy, fail to meet the ASX disclosure threshold.

I hope this brief explanation helps you and other investors understand why we don’t disclose all our engagements via the ASX and why we are deliberately conservative about giving away details about the number of customer engagements we have. I hope that helps clarify the situation for you, without actually answering your question.

Regards

brainchip
Tony Dawe
I call BS on this reply. Oz retail shareholder have been WAY more patient with BRN than their US counterparts would have been. And that goes for US institutions as well. If BRN was listed on the Nasdaq and producing the (non) commercial results they currently are, they would be receiving a string of visits from institutional shareholders wanting to know WTF is happening.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom