BRN Discussion Ongoing

IloveLamp

Top 20
Hi LL, I was really hoping that we were also working close with Dell from 2 years ago, now that they have announced with NVIDIA my hopes have bottomed out. We might be working with NVIDIA, only time will tell and waiting patiently for revenue from who ever our partners will be and we may never know who they will ever be, as long as we watch the all mighty revenue stream. I recall a question if not mistaken that our MG or Rob T was asked if NVIDIA was a competitor and replied that I see NVIDIA as an future partner to those similar words, does anyone remember this or is it dotted in my head. 🥺
"We see companies like Nvidia more as partners than competitors " - Rob Telson

I am not concerned, rather excited.

• Love
Reactions: 24 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
I am not back, but may post again, if I think the issue is of sufficient interest to genuine shareholders.

I have over many weeks been engaged in the process of putting together a list of Brainchip engagements based upon my own criteria that the company concerned has:
  • been announced on the ASX by Brainchip, and/or
  • been announced by use of a Press Release from Brainchip, and/or
  • been acknowledged by an employee or Board member of Brainchip orally in a presentation that forms some type of permanent public record and/or
  • been acknowledged by the company concerned in again some type of permanent public record and this has been adopted by Brainchip in a written communication or other permanent public record, and/or
  • been formerly included on the Brainchip website
Why did I adopt this approach? For one very simple reason. I did not want a situation where my list contained a company which might be the subject of absolute secrecy. To maintain this secrecy Brainchip’s likely response would have been to ignore my request completely.

So reproduced below is my request and the two replies I received from Mr. Tony Dawe Director Global Investor Relations at Brainchip.

The request (27.6.23):

Dear Mr. Dawe

The following is a list of entities which Brainchip has by various means communicated they have had some form of engagement.

As we are about to enter the new financial year with a recession being predicted, an extremely low share price and claims in the media that Brainchip has lost out to Nvidia in the race to the Edge would you please confirm if any of these relationships should no longer be considered as a focus of interest for shareholders:

1. FORD

2. VALEO

3. RENESAS

4. NASA

5. TATA Consulting Services

6. MEGACHIPS

7. MOSCHIP

8. SOCIONEXT

9. PROPHESEE

10. VVDN

11. TEKSUN

12. Ai LABS

13. NVISO

14. EMOTION 3D

15. ARM

16. EDGE IMPULSE

17. INTEL

18. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES

19. BLUE RIDGE ENVISIONEERING

20. MERCEDES BENZ

21. ANT 61

22. QUANTUM VENTURA

23. INFORMATION SYSTEM LABORATORIES

24. INTELLISENSE SYSTEMS

25. CVEDIA

26. LORSER INDUSTRIES

27. SiFIVE

28. IPRO

29. SALESLINK

30. NUMEN

31. VORAGO

32. NANOSE

33. BIOTOME

34. OCULI

35. University of Oklahoma

36. Arizona State University

37. Carnegie Mellon University

38. Rochester Institute of Technology

39. Drexel University

Kind regards
Fact Finder

The first response
(3.7.23):

Hi ……,

Thank you for your email.

I have referred your email to my colleagues in the US to ensure when I responded to you I did so with accurate information.

I have not yet received a reply from Ken Scarince as he was away on his annual vacation last week.

When I have his reply, I will respond directly to your email.

Regards

Tony Dawe

Director, Global Investor Relations

+61 (0)405 989 743

The final response received
(18.7.23):

“Hi …..,

To the best of my knowledge, BrainChip continues to have relationships with all the companies mentioned on your list.

As I have previously stated, BrainChip does not comment on the nature of these relationships nor do we provide status reports.

Regards

Tony Dawe Director, Global Investor Relations

+61 (0)405 989 743”

As my request predated the reveal of IniVation as a partner by Nadan Nayampally Chief Marketing Officer and the latest press release regarding GMAC Intelligence it already is out of date such is the speed of progress being made by Brainchip. I do however believe that the very recent nature of the announcements should not require any further confirmation and I would therefore confidently add:

40. IniVation

41. GMAC Intelligence

The bottom line for any genuine shareholder in Brainchip is that speculation as to which companies Brainchip is engaged with should not include these 41. named entities as they are not in doubt.

Kind regards

Fact Finder
BIV9NgKKYiLm4e150Q.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Saw this the other day, driving the kids home after school. My daughter said, "Dad, you should take a photo and post it on the forum that you're always reading".......:)

Perhaps a good omen and may the SP soon rise to $1.88.

View attachment 40552

Heck! I can't even go to my accountant without being followed! Next you'll be riffling through my rubbish bins!

PS: Just joking. I don't have a licence to drive a car, only a horse and buggy.

buggy-horse-and-buggy.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
View attachment 40556
View attachment 40543 View attachment 40544 View attachment 40545
I'm impressed! But I must admit I have absolutely no idea what it all means!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Really like the Q&A at the end of the BRN webinar with Nikunj.

Couple of interesting questions from the audience from about the 37 min mark.

I know we are sensor & OS agnostic I think it was said yeah?

It was asked if the PCI board could hook up with a NVIDIA Jetson TX1. Nikunj explains that it can and the GPU can offload neural inferencing accordingly.

Also goes on to say there is a new PCI Dev Kit for Intel OS as well.

Said there wasn't any real pre integration work with the other partners Sony & Infineon on this project but explains a little on how the sensor pre / post processing fusion works with Akida.

Nice real world use of Akida in sensor fusion.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
Sorry if this has already been posted and discussed on this forum.
Article from February this year
Great read, i have circled the interesting section (it is all interesting though)

Article "Mercedes EV rival to the Tesla Model 3 imagined by Sean Carson February 17th 2023 Automotive Daily"

Quote from the journalist
"The new model will likely offer a widescreen digital dash and infotainment panel as part of the company’s target for its advanced graphical interfaces, but it’s the system behind the scenes that could be even more interesting.

Mercedes has experimented with a new type of processor that performs tasks in “neuromorphic spikes”. Put simply, this means that the computer stores up tasks and executes them in one go once a threshold is reached, saving energy and boosting driving range in the process."

Screenshot 2023-07-23 at 18-10-29 Mercedes EV rival to the Tesla Model 3 imagined - Automotive...png
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Mercedes+EV+rival+to+the+Tesla+Model+3+imagined&url=https://www.autodaily.com.au/mercedes-rival-to-the-tesla-model-3-imagined/&via=Automotive+Daily
https://pinterest.com/pin/create/bu...rcedes+EV+rival+to+the+Tesla+Model+3+imagined

Season 9 Fist Bump GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 63 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Sorry if this has already been posted and discussed on this forum.
Article from February this year
Great read, i have circled the interesting section (it is all interesting though)

Article "Mercedes EV rival to the Tesla Model 3 imagined by Sean Carson February 17th 2023 Automotive Daily"

Quote from the journalist
"The new model will likely offer a widescreen digital dash and infotainment panel as part of the company’s target for its advanced graphical interfaces, but it’s the system behind the scenes that could be even more interesting.

Mercedes has experimented with a new type of processor that performs tasks in “neuromorphic spikes”. Put simply, this means that the computer stores up tasks and executes them in one go once a threshold is reached, saving energy and boosting driving range in the process."

View attachment 40565
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Mercedes+EV+rival+to+the+Tesla+Model+3+imagined&url=https://www.autodaily.com.au/mercedes-rival-to-the-tesla-model-3-imagined/&via=Automotive+Daily
https://pinterest.com/pin/create/bu...rcedes+EV+rival+to+the+Tesla+Model+3+imagined

Season 9 Fist Bump GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Takes a bit of the gloss off the Luminar deal:

1690101646983.png

So does that mean there will be more Valeo lidar-equipped Mercs?

Attachments

• 1690101632879.png
    1690101632879.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Neuromorphic is becoming a buzz word in the tech space .​

my guess work has me thinking the rest of 2023 will see the mighty chip gain some serious market traction .

Is neuromorphic computing disruptive enough to 1) advance our understanding of the brain and 2) make the design and working of (bio)electronic devices efficient and scalable?​

Published online by Cambridge University Press: 25 May 2023
Samit Chakrabarty[Opens in a new window] and
Mihai A. Petrovici
Show author details

Article
Currently reading: Abstract
save-pdf-icon.080470e.svg
Save PDF
share-icon.cbcfad8.svg
cite-icon.44eaaa4.svg
Cite Rights & Permissions[Opens in a new window]

Extract​

optimisedImage-S275385242300005X_figAb.jpg

Neuromorphic computing is an approach to computing that is inspired by the structure and function of the brain. In terms of basic research, it aims at improving our understanding of biological intelligence by replicating aspects of its physical substrate – spiking neurons, synaptic plasticity etc. – and harness them towards also replicating its function. With respect to technological advances, it aims to inherit the brain’s combination of computational prowess and extreme energy efficiency; this is thought to foster a plethora of applications, from large-scale neuromorphic systems for machine learning to small-scale edge devices for signal processing and control, for example in the form of wearables for healthcare or adaptive sensors/processors for autonomous agents. The demand and usefulness of neuromorphic computing in bioelectronics is likely to increase in the future as researchers continue to explore its capabilities and develop new applications.

Keywords​

neuromorphic

TypeQuestion
Information
Research Directions: Bioelectronics , Volume 1 , 2023 , e5
DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/bel.2023.5[Opens in a new window]
Creative Commons
Creative Common License - CC
Creative Common License - BY

This is an Open Access article, distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution licence (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted re-use, distribution and reproduction, provided the original article is properly cited.
Copyright

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

Neuromorphic is becoming a buzz word in the tech space .​

my guess work has me thinking the rest of 2023 will see the mighty chip gain some serious market traction .

Is neuromorphic computing disruptive enough to 1) advance our understanding of the brain and 2) make the design and working of (bio)electronic devices efficient and scalable?​

Published online by Cambridge University Press: 25 May 2023
Samit Chakrabarty[Opens in a new window] and
Mihai A. Petrovici
Show author details

Article
Currently reading: Abstract
save-pdf-icon.080470e.svg
Save PDF
share-icon.cbcfad8.svg
cite-icon.44eaaa4.svg
Cite Rights & Permissions[Opens in a new window]

Extract​

optimisedImage-S275385242300005X_figAb.jpg

Neuromorphic computing is an approach to computing that is inspired by the structure and function of the brain. In terms of basic research, it aims at improving our understanding of biological intelligence by replicating aspects of its physical substrate – spiking neurons, synaptic plasticity etc. – and harness them towards also replicating its function. With respect to technological advances, it aims to inherit the brain’s combination of computational prowess and extreme energy efficiency; this is thought to foster a plethora of applications, from large-scale neuromorphic systems for machine learning to small-scale edge devices for signal processing and control, for example in the form of wearables for healthcare or adaptive sensors/processors for autonomous agents. The demand and usefulness of neuromorphic computing in bioelectronics is likely to increase in the future as researchers continue to explore its capabilities and develop new applications.

Keywords​

neuromorphic

TypeQuestion
Information
Research Directions: Bioelectronics , Volume 1 , 2023 , e5
DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/bel.2023.5[Opens in a new window]
Creative Commons
Creative Common License - CC
Creative Common License - BY

This is an Open Access article, distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution licence (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted re-use, distribution and reproduction, provided the original article is properly cited.
Copyright
Screenshot_20230723_144502_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 105 users

Jchandel

Regular
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

Screenshot_20230723_203438_LinkedIn.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 68 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Navigating the Future of Data Center Transformation: Key Trends and Strategies​

15 July 2023
Navigating the Future of Data Center Transformation: Key Trends and Strategies

Exploring the Future of Data Center Transformation: Key Trends and Strategies​

As we delve into the future of data center transformation, it’s clear that the landscape is evolving at an unprecedented pace. The advent of new technologies, coupled with the increasing demand for data, is driving significant changes in the way data centers are designed, managed, and operated. This article explores some of the key trends and strategies shaping the future of data center transformation.
Firstly, the rise of cloud computing is having a profound impact on data center transformation. More and more businesses are migrating their data and applications to the cloud, reducing the need for traditional, on-premise data centers. This shift is not only changing the physical architecture of data centers but also the way they are managed. Cloud-based data centers offer greater flexibility and scalability, allowing businesses to quickly adapt to changing needs and demands. However, this transition also presents new challenges in terms of data security and privacy, requiring innovative solutions and strategies.
Secondly, the increasing adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) is revolutionizing data center operations. These technologies are being used to automate routine tasks, optimize resource utilization, and predict potential issues before they occur. For instance, AI can analyze patterns in data center operations to identify inefficiencies and suggest improvements. Similarly, ML can predict equipment failures based on historical data, enabling proactive maintenance and reducing downtime. These technologies are not only improving operational efficiency but also reducing the risk of human error, which is a significant factor in data center outages.
Thirdly, the growing emphasis on sustainability is influencing data center design and operation. Data centers consume a significant amount of energy, contributing to global carbon emissions. As a result, there is increasing pressure on businesses to reduce their environmental impact. This is leading to the adoption of energy-efficient technologies and practices, such as the use of renewable energy sources, advanced cooling systems, and energy-efficient servers. Additionally, businesses are exploring innovative strategies such as the reuse of waste heat from data centers for other purposes, further reducing their environmental footprint.
Lastly, the future of data center transformation is likely to be shaped by the emergence of edge computing. This technology involves processing data closer to its source, reducing latency and improving performance. As the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to expand, the demand for edge computing is expected to grow, leading to the development of smaller, localized data centers. This trend could significantly alter the data center landscape, requiring new strategies for data management and security.
In conclusion, the future of data center transformation is being shaped by several key trends, including the rise of cloud computing, the adoption of AI and ML, the emphasis on sustainability, and the emergence of edge computing. Navigating these trends requires a strategic approach, focusing on flexibility, efficiency, and innovation. As we move forward, businesses that can adapt to these changes and leverage new technologies will be best positioned to thrive in the evolving data center landscape.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Xray1

Regular
New job ad for a verification engineer out 2 days ago with below requirement:
- Knowledge of ARM based SoC architecture and system busses (AHB, AXI, APB) is strongly desired

This job advert imo implies that there is definitely something within the pipe line works with ARM ..... why otherwise would BRN be so specific on know how of ARM architecture and systems requirements for this job.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Dougie54

Regular
Saw this the other day, driving the kids home after school. My daughter said, "Dad, you should take a photo and post it on the forum that you're always reading".......:)

Perhaps a good omen and may the SP soon rise to $1.88.

View attachment 40552
Or $188.00 oooooeeeeeeeee

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Colorado23

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users

macro

To my understanding mobile eye is an Intel company. If that helps you.
Thanks for that rgupta.

Perplexity, is mobileye an intel company?

Answer

Yes, Mobileye is an Intel company. Intel acquired Mobileye in 2017 for $15.3 billion 1.

In December 2021, Intel announced its plan to take Mobileye's automotive unit public via an IPO of newly issued stock in 2022, maintaining its majority ownership of the company 2.

Mobileye went public on October 26, 2022, and Intel raised $861 million in the initial public offering 2.

Despite the IPO, Intel has said it will remain the majority owner of Mobileye and the two companies will continue as strategic partners 2.

Mobileye is a company that develops autonomous driving technologies and advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) including cameras, computer chips, and software 1. 4.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobileye 1

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/10/26/business/mobileye-ipo-intel/index.html 2

https://www.mobileye.com/about/ 3

https://www.mobileye.com/ 4

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/newsroom/news/mobileye-news-oct-2022.html 5

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/newsroom/resources/press-kits-autonomous-driving.html 6

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Xray1

Regular
Just a reminder, that the 4C is due out sometime this week. Let's hope it shows a vast improvement compared to the last one of only $40,000.00 ..... I hope that at long last, that we are on the upward trend of this rather so called "Lumpy" financial cycle.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Pmel

Regular

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230724_030149_LinkedIn.jpg
    Screenshot_20230724_030149_LinkedIn.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users